What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People respect bledsoe for his d and athleticism. He is up there athletically with Russ rose and wall. And heputs in effort defensively. He will be a strong starting PG. Phoenix isn't a good move. Someone will get moved there certainly.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that "Fisherman Grandpa" from that insurance commercial trolled Iggy with that contract.

Oooh, almost got it -- gotta be quicker'en that.

BF8AVtqCYAASVxM.jpg:large

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bulls and OKC will be straight but OKC needs a third scorer. Maybe that's lamb and pj3. If it isn't not picking up a guy looks bad. Sefalosha needs to come off the bench in OKC too. Again I no 🤬 hate it but Russ is the thunder's leader. He went down and you could see the change. They weren't intense or focused.

The bulls more so need to make changes. You can't win in the playoffs off of execution. Thats how they won all last season save the playoffs when Nate went nuts. D. Rose scores. The team is great
    No shooters in the starting line up since Ben Gordon. The need Ellis or mayo period.

What's the word on Brandon Jennings. Is he getting any love?
  • greenwood1921
    The bulls and OKC will be straight but OKC needs a third scorer. Maybe that's lamb and pj3. If it isn't not picking up a guy looks bad. Sefalosha needs to come off the bench in OKC too. Again I no 🤬 hate it but Russ is the thunder's leader. He went down and you could see the change. They weren't intense or focused.

The bulls more so need to make changes. You can't win in the playoffs off of execution. Thats how they won all last season save the playoffs when Nate went nuts. D. Rose scores. The team is great
    No shooters in the starting line up since Ben Gordon. The need Ellis or mayo period.

Bulls should re-up Nate and they should easily be a top 3 seed. They beat teams with hustle and defense, and with Rose back, they can score too.

As for us, Reggie Jackson proved he can be our third scorer.

Memphis is/was supposedly the best defensive team in the league last year and Reggie Jackson averaged 14ppg shooting 51% from the field in the Grizz series.

He actually makes his own shot better than Martin does, and he slashes and defends better. Our 6th man/3rd scorer position is his to lose.

Not to mention that Ibaka's shooting percentage and output has improved vastly every year he's been in the league.
    Ibaka's scoring average went up by over 4 points last season and his FG% improved from .537 to .573.

Usually when a player starts taking more shots, their FG% dips, but Jackson and Ibaka have done the opposite.

I'll start worrying when our big-3 starts winning less games than they did the previous year. Which hasn't happened yet in the Durant/Scottie era.

When you look at the pieces that Chicago and OKC *already* have -- that represents what all these other squads are "trying" to get to.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I seen the comments about Tiago getting that 4 year deal. I must admit I was a little disappointed with how much he is getting paid but big guys who are some what decent always get paid a lot. The Spurs did the right thing signing him early because after Dwight gets signed all those teams are gonna start overpaying seriously for big guys.

Manu also resigned for 2 years. Hopefully it is around 7mil a season at the most.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeremy Lamb again...So Jeremy Lamb is going to ascend from 6 mpg into the role of 3rd scorer on a team with TITLE aspirations...

• DaBull
    DaBull It's a Movement Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    the reason okc can rely on young talent is because their 3 best players are still improving every year...so that takes the place of needing to add someone in free agency. once KD, Russ, and Ibaka hit their ceiling...then the pressure to add pieces to the core will increase
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bulls definitely need another scorer.Rudy 🤬 is available,Mayo and Ellis are still out there.They need another player who can get buckets period

I thought they'd use dengs expiring 14 mil to be more proactive on the trade market
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Manu Ginobili, the walking turn over is returning to the Spurs.
  • greenwood1921
    Ginobli deserves another run at it. He looked 🤬 in the finals, but he's still good for a few scoring outbursts. And his passing is still above average.

He's probably a 7th man nowadays tho.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginobli deserves another run at it. He looked 🤬 in the finals, but he's still good for a few scoring outbursts. And his passing is still above average.

He's probably a 7th man nowadays tho.

Exactly.

Spurs hopefully can find somebody to help ease his scoring and ball handling burden for the bench crew. Maybe Nando DeColo will be more comfortable next season or they might sign somebody during free agency. Either way he still has some game left in the tank

• greenwood1921
    1045125_10151691932506100_2001392682_n_zps13d79d2b.jpg

Ali lookin' like "nikka, do you have to be all up on me like that?".

Powerful picture tho.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Lol...last 2 years 6th men have disappeared in the Finals against us. Harden, Ginobli...too bad Terry actually showed out 2 years ago.
  • greenwood1921
    Lol...last 2 years 6th men have disappeared in the Finals against us. Harden, Ginobli...too bad Terry actually showed out 2 years ago.

Game 6 of the Rockets series I had a flash-back of the 2012 finals. I had to remind myself Harden was on the other team now.

I guess that's his M.O. in crucial playoff games.

*shrug*
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allday1992 wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »

I thought we were going to be the squad stupid enough to do that for a minute

why not, the hawks were dumb enough to give Joe Johnson all that bread....

i think Iggy is underrated...

And it's a reason Joe isn't still in Atlanta. Different FO different minset

Ok...but this is the NBA, Gms over pay for players all time...I'm just saying...

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Members Posts: 35,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Greenwood aint 🤬 wit da beard no more he been throwin shots at dude all season 🤬 hilarious
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Members Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    lol Greenwood aint 🤬 wit da beard no more he been throwin shots at dude all season 🤬 hilarious

Word. It's all about the #homegrownbig3 though......

Lmao
  • greenwood1921

Actually, I was never a big fan of his. A couple years ago I went back and forth with my nikka Inglewood about Beard being a top SG in the league. I wasn't impressed with him at all in his first two years (and most OKC fans were calling him the "B" word in his rookie year.)

After 2011, I finally gave him his props as a top SG, but he's always been a defensive liability and inconsistent.

Our FG% defense jumped to top 2 from 2011 to 2012, and our offensive FG% improved too.

But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013

Word. It's all about the #homegrownbig3 though......

Lmao

KD = Top 2 player.
    Russ= Top 10 (arguably top 5) player.
    3Baka = All Defensive player averaging 13/8 and 3 Mutombo's a game?

Yep. That makes 3.

I would throw Collie the Gawd in there too, but that wouldn't be fair.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaBull wrote: »
    the reason okc can rely on young talent is because their 3 best players are still improving every year...so that takes the place of needing to add someone in free agency. once KD, Russ, and Ibaka hit their ceiling...then the pressure to add pieces to the core will increase

What more can you ask of from KD and Russ? Lol

It all hinges on Ibaka. Can he ever be a legit 17+ppg, go-to low post scorer? My answer is hell no. They seem to be banking on that answer being yes.

Only time will tell, but each year they use that 'he's getting better' rhetoric is another year wasted...for a team that doesnt even need to add much, but definitely needs to add something.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought we were going to be the squad stupid enough to do that for a minute

why not, the hawks were dumb enough to give Joe Johnson all that bread....

i think Iggy is underrated...

And it's a reason Joe isn't still in Atlanta. Different FO different minset

Ok...but this is the NBA, Gms over pay for players all time...I'm just saying...

I agree I just think Joe was a terrible example
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 55s

Milwaukee is nearing a deal to sign free agent guard O.J. Mayo, league sources tell Y Sports.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree I just think Joe was a terrible example [/quote]

i understand....

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 55s

Milwaukee is nearing a deal to sign free agent guard O.J. Mayo, league sources tell Y Sports.

wtf?? Yo some of these players are stupid as uck...what the 🤬 the bucks gonna do for you and your career, dont you wanna win????

Bulls definitely need another scorer.Rudy 🤬 is available,Mayo and Ellis are still out there.They need another player who can get buckets period

I thought they'd use dengs expiring 14 mil to be more proactive on the trade market

the bulls front office need to get up off their shoulders and pikc up a scoring guard and stop acting slow, if they could just keep last yr team intact and add another piece; they are right there.......
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milwaukee coming for that 7 seed lol