What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I want Howard to go to Houston so we can get Asik.

Let Houston deal with the black version of dumb and dumber

What's the deal with Teague? Y'all lettin him walk?
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that houston can't afford to give Dwight a max deal. I bet if they could he'd already be decided by now.

They could cut 4 more players and still be cutting it close.

lol

C'mon now you know lil presti got the deals ready. Morey said he had at least 20 scenarios ready to get dwight that max deal and I believe his ass. This dude had his kids make a video for dwight yesterday. He's been obsessed with D12 for 3 years, he'll off lin himself if he has to get someone of the books

And that 🤬 will 🤬 houston's cap/tax situation. It's already forcing you to cut key role players and this overrated dude ain't even signed yet. lol

I'ma need him to sign with Houston or golden state, 'cause if he doesn't, he goes to L.A. where they can pick up 2 more max players over the next two years and they'll actually think about it this time instead of the epic fail "suicide watch" signing. But if he does go anywhere else, that would make L.A. a lottery team this year, and no matter who they sign next year they'll have to start from scratch from a chemistry standpoint (which is what killed them in 2012-13.)

This 🤬 is GOAT for OKC and Spurs fans.

As long as bev and motie or t. jones don't go we good. You forget we can move asik in a second. Then we will sign some players who just wanna win to cheap ass contracts with our mid level exception just like miami did.

Exactly. And that would put you back to square one versus the current heavyweights in the West.

Howard averaged 12.3 ppg against us last year, and Asik averaged 12.3 ppg against us in the playoffs. lol

You'll have two less shooters that were droppin those kamikaze 3's that kept y'all from being swept (other than a certain injury). So 🤬 looks like a wash with a more 🤬 up cap situation.

But at least you'll get some more nationally televised games.

*shrug*

thats what I dont get about the whole situation, Asik did better against us than Dwight ever has. Its a proven fact, for what ever reason Howard struggles with Perk and Ibaka. Rockets yall should know if u ever wanna make out the west u gonna have to cross the thunder.
  • smokelahoma
    personally, I feel like Asik could be better than Howard.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I want Howard to go to Houston so we can get Asik.

Let Houston deal with the black version of dumb and dumber

What's the deal with Teague? Y'all lettin him walk?

I have no idea. Danny Ferry is like the basketball version of Dimitroff nobody knows anything about what the Hawks are doing.

50/50 tho if I had to guess. Maybe and sign and trade
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Members Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying for the longest I'd rather have Asik. With more work on his offensive game he can bump his scoring average up 6-7 points a game.
  • greenwood1921

Slow down. lol.

Dude is a solid big. But 14/15 is probably his ceiling. Which is cold if he's not breaking the bank and playing with good wing players or other solid bigs.

Honestly, if asik gets traded to somewhere like Atlanta, they would put together a Grizzlie-esque front court with him and horford.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    janis carr ‏@janiscarr 9m

Dwight has made his decision. Said he will announce his destination via Twitter possibly this weekend
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying for the longest I'd rather have Asik. With more work on his offensive game he can bump his scoring average up 6-7 points a game.

Dwight don't give a 🤬 what you want lol. Daryl Morey is Dwight Howard's 🤬 if he signs with the Rockets.

Houston bout to become Dwight and friends
  • greenwood1921
    I see that houston can't afford to give Dwight a max deal. I bet if they could he'd already be decided by now.

lol

C'mon now you know lil presti got the deals ready. Morey said he had at least 20 scenarios ready to get dwight that max deal and I believe his ass. This dude had his kids make a video for dwight yesterday. He's been obsessed with D12 for 3 years, he'll off lin himself if he has to get someone of the books

And that 🤬 will 🤬 houston's cap/tax situation. It's already forcing you to cut key role players and this overrated dude ain't even signed yet. lol

I'ma need him to sign with Houston or golden state, 'cause if he doesn't, he goes to L.A. where they can pick up 2 more max players over the next two years and they'll actually think about it this time instead of the epic fail "suicide watch" signing. But if he does go anywhere else, that would make L.A. a lottery team this year, and no matter who they sign next year they'll have to start from scratch from a chemistry standpoint (which is what killed them in 2012-13.)

As long as bev and motie or t. jones don't go we good. You forget we can move asik in a second. Then we will sign some players who just wanna win to cheap ass contracts with our mid level exception just like miami did.

Exactly. And that would put you back to square one versus the current heavyweights in the West.

Howard averaged 12.3 ppg against us last year, and Asik averaged 12.3 ppg against us in the playoffs. lol

You'll have two less shooters that were droppin those kamikaze 3's that kept y'all from being swept (other than a certain injury). So 🤬 looks like a wash with a more 🤬 up cap situation.

*shrug*

thats what I dont get about the whole situation, Asik did better against us than Dwight ever has. Its a proven fact, for what ever reason Howard struggles with Perk and Ibaka. Rockets yall should know if u ever wanna make out the west u gonna have to cross the thunder.

Basically. Perk elbows the 🤬 like 4 times in the ribs every possession and if he gets a shot off...

ibakadenies.gif
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no-sign the rather have asik thing. Think about how many points he scored off of p&r(all of them) and picture dwight in that role. Now if you talking asik with a pf like Lamarcus Aldridge or D12.. i'll take asik and a very good pf any day.
  • smokelahoma

Slow down. lol.

Dude is a solid big. But 14/15 is probably his ceiling. Which is cold if he's not breaking the bank and playing with good wing players or other solid bigs.

Honestly, if asik gets traded to somewhere like Atlanta, they would put together a Grizzlie-esque front court with him and horford.

lol why slow down? that boy Hustle agree. considering Dwights mental and emotional issues, Asik is either better or just as good. from what I seen, Asik is mentally tougher than D12. I remember in the playoffs we tried that hack-a-asik tactic and he didnt even sweat while he sunk bout 8 free throws. while Dwight worried bout Kobe clowning him or not gettin the ball enough lol like you said man its basically the same player with a bigger contract and mental weakness.
  • greenwood1921

lol

*shrug*

Basically. Perk elbows the 🤬 like 4 times in the ribs every possession and if he gets a shot off...

ibakadenies.gif

Had to quote to put emphasis on the laker bench standing up all excited an' 🤬 at first like...

"Oh 🤬 , get'em D... oh, wait."
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Members Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no-sign the rather have asik thing. Think about how many points he scored off of p&r(all of them) and picture dwight in that role. Now if you talking asik with a pf like Lamarcus Aldridge or D12.. i'll take asik and a very good pf any day.

If we keep Asik of course we would have to upgrade PF. LMA could be had from the looks of it. And if all else fails.....

There's Josh smith.
  • smokelahoma

If we keep Asik of course we would have to upgrade PF. LMA could be had from the looks of it. And if all else fails.....

There's Josh smith.

yall should keep asik and go after LA, he gives us fits.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088

There's Josh smith.

tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif

• greenwood1921

Slow down. lol.

lol why slow down? that boy Hustle agree. considering Dwights mental and emotional issues, Asik is either better or just as good. from what I seen, Asik is mentally tougher than D12. I remember in the playoffs we tried that hack-a-asik tactic and he didnt even sweat while he sunk bout 8 free throws. while Dwight worried bout Kobe clowning him or not gettin the ball enough lol like you said man its basically the same player with a bigger contract and mental weakness.

As far as overall talent it's not even close. And if Dwight EVER puts up the same kind of season numbers that Asik did last year (12ppg/14rebs) --- he'd be the laughing stock of the league (more than he already is.)

But as far as matching up with us -- yeah, it's not that big of a difference at all. But they only play us 3-5 times a year. Against the rest of the league, Dwight is just as good of a rebounder if not better, and a better scorer and better defender.

• greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    I think if Josh Smith goes to Detroit, they'll be a problem.

If Maurice "Mo 🤬 " Cheeks could turn Westbrook into a All-NBA player before his 24th birthday, then he can at least turn Josh Smith into a All-star and talk him out of those struggle-3's.

• smokelahoma

Slow down. lol.

As far as overall talent it's not even close. And if Dwight EVER puts up the same kind of season numbers that Asik did last year (12ppg/14rebs) --- he'd be the laughing stock of the league (more than he already is.)

But as far as matching up with us -- yeah, it's not that big of a difference at all. But they only play us 3-5 times a year. Against the rest of the league, Dwight is just as good of a rebounder if not better, and a better scorer and better defender.

lol so you think howard is leaps and bounds better than asik, talent wise? interesting. yeah I was mostly comparing the two against us. and I was about to say, Dwight is already a laughing stock...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    only dwight howard....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    janis carr ‏@janiscarr 3m

Hold on....my tweet about Dwight's announcement was premature. No need to sit on Twitter this weekend.

Awesome lol. This dude is going to stretch this out to the 10th, isn't he...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    janis carr ‏@janiscarr 3m

Hold on....my tweet about Dwight's announcement was premature. No need to sit on Twitter this weekend.

Awesome lol. This dude is going to stretch this out to the 10th, isn't he...

I'm done with that hoe janis carr. Even lakers fans that aren't part of the IC finding ways to 🤬 up the cheapseats.
  • greenwood1921
    Now that I think about it, Mo Cheeks probably came up on the best available coaching job of the year (as far as young talent, cap space, etc.)

• smokelahoma
    Now that I think about it, Mo Cheeks probably came up on the best available coaching job of the year (as far as young talent, cap space, etc.)

yeah, Im just 🤬 he had to leave okc. russ is gonna be unchained next year. cheeks was his keeper, whats gonna happen when dangeruss doesnt have a person on the side that can talk to him? he already told mo 🤬 that once ealier this year when he came back out with the towel on his head rambo style lol
  • smokelahoma
    wont nobody be able to tell that man nothin
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013

yeah, Im just 🤬 he had to leave okc. russ is gonna be unchained next year. cheeks was his keeper, whats gonna happen when dangeruss doesnt have a person on the side that can talk to him? he already told mo 🤬 that once ealier this year when he came back out with the towel on his head rambo style lol

He'll be aight, Mo showed him the way, but Russ will always be russ.

He'll always ball-out with a mean-mug on his face and pop 🤬 to any teammate or opposing player that says something to him that he doesn't like. That's just his M.O.

And from a results standpoint -- it works. We've done nothing but win more and more games every season with him since he's been drafted, and he's fallen into his "role" on the team.

He's just a fierce competitor that plays with his feels on his sleeve.

His biggest "outburst" last year was when we had like a 30-point lead, so if that's what we'll get from him for the rest of his career --- cool. lol