What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Comments

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I think about it, Mo Cheeks probably came up on the best available coaching job of the year (as far as young talent, cap space, etc.)
    Now that I think about it, Mo Cheeks probably came up on the best available coaching job of the year (as far as young talent, cap space, etc.)

yeah, Im just 🤬 he had to leave okc. russ is gonna be unchained next year. cheeks was his keeper, whats gonna happen when dangeruss doesnt have a person on the side that can talk to him? he already told mo 🤬 that once ealier this year when he came back out with the towel on his head rambo style lol

He'll be aight, Mo showed him the way, but Russ will always be russ.

He'll always ball-out with a mean-mug on his face and pop 🤬 to any teammate or opposing player that says something to him that he doesn't like. That's just his M.O.

And from a results standpoint -- it works. We've done nothing but win more and more games every season with him since he's been drafted, and he's fallen into his "role" on the team.

He's just a fierce competitor that plays with his feels on his sleeve.

His biggest "outburst" last year was when we had like 30-point lead, so if that's what we'll get from him for the rest of his career --- cool. lol

lmao bruh, I aint worried bout whether he gonna ball out with out Mo. I know he will, Im just sayin its gonna be entertaining to say the least. I more worried bout him comin back 100 with that knee injury.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if Josh Smith goes to Detroit, they'll be a problem.

If Maurice "Mo 🤬 " Cheeks could turn Westbrook into a All-NBA player before his 24th birthday, then he can at least turn Josh Smith into a All-star and talk him out of those struggle-3's.

shit61zpr.gif

Good luck with that
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my 🤬 who work at espn told me howard going to houston
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Members Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    detcatinva wrote: »
    my 🤬 who work at espn told me howard going to houston

Smh
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

yeah, Im just 🤬 he had to leave okc. russ is gonna be unchained next year. cheeks was his keeper, whats gonna happen when dangeruss doesnt have a person on the side that can talk to him? he already told mo 🤬 that once ealier this year when he came back out with the towel on his head rambo style lol

He'll always ball-out with a mean-mug on his face and pop 🤬 to any teammate or opposing player that says something to him that he doesn't like. That's just his M.O.

And from a results standpoint -- it works. We've done nothing but win more and more games every season with him since he's been drafted, and he's fallen into his "role" on the team.

His biggest "outburst" last year was when we had like 30-point lead, so if that's what we'll get from him for the rest of his career --- cool. lol

lmao bruh, I aint worried bout whether he gonna ball out with out Mo. I know he will, Im just sayin its gonna be entertaining to say the least. I more worried bout him comin back 100 with that knee injury.

He'll be 100% before football season starts, bruh. Meniscus is not a ACL. And there are two types of meniscus outcomes. The kind where it has to be removed (and lead to bone-on-bone like Kobe a couple years ago) or the kind that can just be trimmed and even re-generate and be back to normal in a couple months.

Russ was the latter. His surgery results...

“Although we are, of course, disappointed that Russell will be unable to return to the floor with his teammates this season, the opportunity to repair the meniscus as opposed to remove it was the best possible scenario for Russell's long-term health as a player and person,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti in a release. “Russell's health and well being are obviously our number one priority through this process, and today's procedure helped solidify our belief that Russell will have many productive years of basketball in his future.”

"The results of the surgery itself were the best-case scenario for Russell, both as a player and a person," Presti said.

Other players have returned much more quickly from a similar injury, most notably Metta World Peace recently, who took the floor 12 days after surgery. The difference is World Peace just did the "clean up" prodecure, while the Thunder and Westbrook opted for the full repair.

"When we see players return quickly from these procedures, it's easy to see the short-term beneft of that. But they're returning because the meniscus was not able to be repaired. In fact, it is removed. Which allows there to be some short-term gain. But, ultimately, there's a long-term loss. So any time you enter into these types of situations, what you're looking for is a full repair, which is what Russell was able to have today.

"Obviously in the short term, it's a disappointment. Everyone would like to see him on the floor. But entering into the procedure, this is the best-case scenario for Russell Westbrook as a player or person, or for anybody."
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

He'll be 100% before football season starts, bruh. Meniscus is not a ACL. And there are two types of meniscus outcomes. The kind where it has to be removed (and lead to bone-on-bone like Kobe a couple years ago) or the kind that can just be trimmed and even re-generate and be back to normal in a couple months.

Russ was the latter. His surgery results...

“Although we are, of course, disappointed that Russell will be unable to return to the floor with his teammates this season, the opportunity to repair the meniscus as opposed to remove it was the best possible scenario for Russell's long-term health as a player and person,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti in a release. “Russell's health and well being are obviously our number one priority through this process, and today's procedure helped solidify our belief that Russell will have many productive years of basketball in his future.”

"The results of the surgery itself were the best-case scenario for Russell, both as a player and a person," Presti said.

Other players have returned much more quickly from a similar injury, most notably Metta World Peace recently, who took the floor 12 days after surgery. The difference is World Peace just did the "clean up" prodecure, while the Thunder and Westbrook opted for the full repair.

"When we see players return quickly from these procedures, it's easy to see the short-term beneft of that. But they're returning because the meniscus was not able to be repaired. In fact, it is removed. Which allows there to be some short-term gain. But, ultimately, there's a long-term loss. So any time you enter into these types of situations, what you're looking for is a full repair, which is what Russell was able to have today.

"Obviously in the short term, it's a disappointment. Everyone would like to see him on the floor. But entering into the procedure, this is the best-case scenario for Russell Westbrook as a player or person, or for anybody."

thanks on the update, I coulda swore they said it was an acl. also, I like how u underlined football. Im ready to get that 🤬 turnt up. boom...er..
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA now

Golden State has Philadelphia, Cleveland and Utah involved in talks on complicated deals for salary dumps, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Warriors have been trying to get contracts off for a long time -- do covet Andre Iguodala -- and activity may still be unrelated to Howard.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwight goin to Houston
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 2m

Regarding Andre Iguodala situation, he wants to play for Warriors & has already had deep talks to go there. Need space or S&T though.

That's why they're trying to get rid of those horrible contracts Jefferson and Biedrins have.
  • greenwood1921
    Heat or Pacers Vs Thunder or Spurs in the finals.

Don't matter where Howard goes.

Sixers 2017-2018 Champs !!

Do y'all have a coach yet?
  • O.G.
    O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Seventh Woods got his first underarm hair.
  • O.G.
    O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

nope.
  • greenwood1921

nope.

Antoine Walker is out chea waiting, pleighboi.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR18WOLOKoMHi0pzZY8OBsbFrMCdAW5s6fylYV8mKKiM1T_WquAsA
  • Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

nope.

Only team in the league w/o one
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Golden State has Philadelphia, Cleveland and Utah involved in talks on complicated deals for salary dumps, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Warriors have been trying to get contracts off for a long time -- do covet Andre Iguodala -- and activity may still be unrelated to Howard.

mannnnnnnnnnn iggy on that team WITH howard???? if they can keep their core, that's a tough out for anyteam in the playoffs..
  • greenwood1921

nope.

Antoine Walker is out chea waiting, pleighboi.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR18WOLOKoMHi0pzZY8OBsbFrMCdAW5s6fylYV8mKKiM1T_WquAsA

I would rather have Iverson coach via Skype out of a Atlanta Strip club than 'Toine.

*Fixed for A.I. accuracy.
  • infamous114
    edited July 2013
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 19s

Golden State has reached agreement with Utah on a trade to unload salary, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Golden State is sending Richard Jefferson to Utah as part of deal, league source tells Y! Sports.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY EverywhereMembers Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏

@WojYahooNBA 1m

Also, @daldridgetnt reports Andris Biedrins will join Jefferson with the Jazz.

Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite More

Golden State is sending Richard Jefferson to Utah as part of deal, league source tells Y! Sports.

Expand
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biedrins and Jefferson to Utah.

GW dumping that salary. Earlier I heard Jefferson and B would be the salary dump for Iggy.

The Dwight salary dump would have to be Bogut.

But we'll see...
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And immediately after I post that Iggy signs with GS.
  • infamous114

Andre Igoudala has reached agreement with Golden State on a four year, $48 million deal with the Warriors, league source tells Y! Sports.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2013
    Clippers forward Matt Barnes has agreed to a three-year deal with in the $11 million to $12 million range, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2013
    Unless the warriors about to send barnes to the lakers for dwight why would they sign igoudoula? They got 2 sf's already