What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Okc vs Houston for the Orlando summer league title Saturday.

Y'all ain't ready.

3v4h32.jpg

But I don't think October is playing. He's done for the summer.

Y'all still gotta deal with Redhead Mamba tho.

1lamb.jpg

Would be completely hilarious during the season if they still got absolutley no playing time

I assume you mean Lamb, cause Reggie got plenty of PT in the playoffs and was our backup PG. (had a 20 point game in the Houston series too.)

Lamb will get more burn too since Kevin Martin is gone.

Then again, speaking of Kmart, Presti just copped a 7 million dollar trade exception from the Kmart trade, (he has to use it this season and we paid cash for it) so there's a good chance we'll be adding another piece between now and the trade deadline.

We also got $3 million trade exception from the Maynor trade.

Presti is just in the cut waiting to see who steps up or who doesn't.

I was almost certain we were gonna go into the season with one less scoring option, an unproven sophmore (Lamb), and a bunch of rookies. I Believe In Presti...

I look at it as pre-trade deadline injury insurance mostly.

Reggie proved last year in the playoffs and in the summer league that he can be our 6th man. Easily.

He'll be better than Kmart, imo. K-Mart could hardly make his own shot, sucked on defense (but he did try harder than he ever did in Sac or Houston) and looked like he was 4 feet tall when he tried to drive the lane.

Reggie is a better slasher, better defender, better passer (can play the 1 and the 2) and his shot gets better every year. He shot damn near 50% from the field against Memphis on 15 ppg. (both of which was better than K-mart.)

If Lamb breaks out this year it would just be icing on the cake.

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Members Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • greenwood1921
    Seem like every squad got that one stressed out youtube fan. lol.

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao that cracka hate 🤬
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Y'all ain't ready.

3v4h32.jpg

1lamb.jpg

Would be completely hilarious during the season if they still got absolutley no playing time

I assume you mean Lamb, cause Reggie got plenty of PT in the playoffs and was our backup PG. (had a 20 point game in the Houston series too.)

Then again, speaking of Kmart, Presti just copped a 7 million dollar trade exception from the Kmart trade, (he has to use it this season and we paid cash for it) so there's a good chance we'll be adding another piece between now and the trade deadline.

I was almost certain we were gonna go into the season with one less scoring option, an unproven sophmore (Lamb), and a bunch of rookies. I Believe In Presti...

Reggie proved last year in the playoffs and in the summer league that he can be our 6th man. Easily.

He'll be better than Kmart, imo. K-Mart could hardly make his own shot, sucked on defense (but he did try harder than he ever did in Sac or Houston) and looked like he was 4 feet tall when he tried to drive the lane.

Reggie is a better slasher, better defender, better passer (can play the 1 and the 2) and his shot gets better every year. He shot damn near 50% from the field against Memphis on 15 ppg. (both of which was better than K-mart.)

oh no doubt I just think we need someone that we can bring in for quick buckets and defense if the rookies aint cuttin it. I aint worried bout October, Im more worried about Lamb chop. Just in case, I think someone like Delfino or Dorrell Wright type player would be good. Not for alot of minutes, just when we need it. but yeah the injury insurance is a good idea tho.
  • greenwood1921
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Lmao that cracka hate 🤬

"Car-lozzzz BOO-zurrr"
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sam_amick: Nick Young to the Lakers, per agent Mark Bartelstein.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013

Y'all ain't ready.

3v4h32.jpg

1lamb.jpg

oh no doubt I just think we need someone that we can bring in for quick buckets and defense if the rookies aint cuttin it. I aint worried bout October, Im more worried about Lamb chop. Just in case, I think someone like Delfino or Dorrell Wright type player would be good. Not for alot of minutes, just when we need it. but yeah the injury insurance is a good idea tho.

I hope we can get a big that score off the bench. We're good on wing players.

Orton been beasting in the SL and he finally looks like he's 100% from his knee injury. But other than Orton, Ibaka is the only big we have that can consistently score.

I just hope Ibaka makes the same improvement he did from 2011 to 2012/13.

He bumped up his field goal percentage by .040 percentage points and his scoring average by 4 points last year (from 9 to 13ppg).

If we can get 15+ a night out of 3baka, it's a wrap.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    @sam_amick: Nick Young to the Lakers, per agent Mark Bartelstein.

Must be another one-year deal. Doubt they'd 🤬 with that 14-15 cap space.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turned this off when dude started ranting about wanting Josh Smith, nothing he said afterwards would have mattered
  • smokelahoma

Y'all ain't ready.

3v4h32.jpg

1lamb.jpg

Orton been beasting in the SL and he finally looks like he's 100% from his knee injury. But other than Orton, Ibaka is the only big we have that can consistently score.

He bumped up his field goal percentage by .040 percentage points and his scoring average by 4 points last year (from 9 to 13ppg).

oh man, if Orton dont get that back up spot over Thabeets just tall ass Imma be 🤬 and I dont care what whack ass excuse Brooks comes up with not to play him. If he aint playin over Thabeet then thats purely on Brooks. We need low post scoring and rebounding like water in the desert. I agree tho, we need Ibaka to improve. Idgaf about a PF shootin 3s if he cant back to the basket then he aint 🤬 to be quiet frank. Love serge but he gotta get used to being in the post.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nick young is a good pick up
  • greenwood1921

Y'all ain't ready.

3v4h32.jpg

1lamb.jpg

oh man, if Orton dont get that back up spot over Thabeets just tall ass Imma be 🤬 and I dont care what whack ass excuse Brooks comes up with not to play him. If he aint playin over Thabeet then thats purely on Brooks. We need low post scoring and rebounding like water in the desert. I agree tho, we need Ibaka to improve. Idgaf about a PF shootin 3s if he cant back to the basket then he aint 🤬 to be quiet frank. Love serge but he gotta get used to being in the post.

lol @ Thabeet. Bless him heart.

He had his best year as a pro tho last year (lol). We should have Orton out there most of the time off the bench, but I don't mind having Thabeet out there if we play a team with a strong front court (i.e. Memphis, Spurs, etc.)

But yeah, Giant-Westbrook needs to get a run.

orton-westbrook.jpg
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every bulls fan hates 🤬 I think. I only like him for his random yelling in games
  • smokelahoma

Y'all ain't ready.

3v4h32.jpg

1lamb.jpg

lol @ Thabeet. Bless him heart.

He had his best year as a pro tho last year (lol). We should have Orton out there most of the time off the bench, but I don't mind having Thabeet out there if we play a team with a strong front court (i.e. Memphis, Spurs, etc.)

But yeah, Giant-Westbrook needs to get a run.

orton-westbrook.jpg

Im not sayin Thabeet was horrible or hurt our team but he damn sure didnt put up no buckets and wasnt a rebounding machine. He did seem to give us a bit of help against bigger teams but it obviously didnt help too much against the Grizz lol Idk maybe another season of decent play from Hash and maybe we can get somethin out of him come 2015-16. I know his contract isnt much but we could still do better.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    where's dis hawks nd bucks love comin from? Celtics will be betta then both teams foreal

2234747_o.gif

bucks aint got nobody 🤬 wit Rondo or Jeff Green. Horford is a good player but same wit da Hawks, I like our roster for a team dat just traded 2 hall of famers

The Hawks roster ain't nowhere near finished but it still looks better than Boston

in wat way my 🤬 ? lol we got more shot creators, we've got rebounders nd guys who can play pout da post nd we got a top 5 point guard i like our roster

Like I said before the roster is nowhere near finished but as of now:

Horford and Millsap is better than anything the Celtics can put together in the frontcourt, we get our 6th man back, one of if not the best shooter in the game and a solid bench.

I'll be able to give a more detailed reason when the Teague situation is resolved

Jeff Green nd Rondo combo gonna surprise a lot of heads in here i like wat we got on da wing position wit Green, Brooks, Crawford nd Lee too im confident our squad will get 35-40 wins

You are going overboard with the homerism my dude, for one how can anyone be confident in Jordan Crawford when the dude is trash, I want to see what Brooks brings the table too but he couldn't even get burn on a team that was looking for scoring off the bench last year, you cant blame the coach because it was neither coach, hes obviously not doing something right, Courtney Lee I mean I was the one saying they should have stuck with him and Avery in the starting lineup and Green off the bench, by the playoffs Doc had him at the end of the bench, and of course Green hes nice but I don't know why you treat this dude like a superstar, he aint that dude my dude, your in good shape if Green is your number 3 option, if he is your number 1 option your team 🤬 sucks, we aint a playoff team and a lot of these teams that been building for the past couple years have already past us, including Milwaukee and Atlanta
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Members Posts: 35,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick Young is bout to chuck SOOOOO much for da Lakers 🤬 gonna be comedy but not a bad pickup for da vets min foreal lls
  • smokelahoma
    and LOL @ Russell Orton, Daniel Westbrook
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Members Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turned this off when dude started ranting about wanting Josh Smith, nothing he said afterwards would have mattered

Yeah that was the only 3735-6f8e7894b5801b25429e48372d806e98.jpg moment
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Jeff Green bout to average 20ppg next year and get one of them Rudy 🤬 /Granger/Josh Smith/Iguodala contracts off the C's. lol
  • greenwood1921
    Nick Young is bout to chuck SOOOOO much for da Lakers 🤬 gonna be comedy but not a bad pickup for da vets min foreal lls

You know Kobe ain't having that.
  • BlackAX410
    Jeff Green bout to average 20ppg next year and get one of them Rudy 🤬 /Granger/Josh Smith/Iguodala contracts off the C's. lol

he on da books for da next 3 years so if he averages 20ppg ova dat time period his $9 mil per year could become a bargain after it got ridiculed from da jump
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you be complacent with mediocrity? What is the 8th seed going to get us? A decade of disappointment? We got all these late first round picks, the hell we need another one for? Next years lottery if what they should be aiming for no question, who cares if it doesn't end up being number 1 not all the great players in the league are number 1 picks, 07 we got the number 5 which turned into a trade for a hall of famer which convinced another hall of famer he would play here, picks 13-25 aren't doing that, one season and we could get that franchise player through draft or trade because historically nobody is coming to Boston through free agency especially if we are sucking, one season don't think of it as tanking, think of it as growing, let these young cats grow like Big Al, Gomes, Telfair, Green, Allen, West and them did, then become trade bait and we have a real team around Green and Rondo, i'm thinking big 🤬 this small time 🤬
  • greenwood1921
    and LOL @ Russell Orton, Daniel Westbrook

🤬 is scary. Russ' pops must've been creeping in OKC back in the early 90s.

dorton1.jpg229693_10151453437498995_1453812835_n.jpg20130118_ajl_an4_078.0_standard_352.0.jpg[img]https://sphotos-a.🤬 .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/941726_541259079249635_2056147994_n.jpg[/img]

• BlackAX410
    How can you be complacent with mediocrity? What is the 8th seed going to get us? A decade of disappointment? We got all these late first round picks, the hell we need another one for? Next years lottery if what they should be aiming for no question, who cares if it doesn't end up being number 1 not all the great players in the league are number 1 picks, 07 we got the number 5 which turned into a trade for a hall of famer which convinced another hall of famer he would play here, picks 13-25 aren't doing that, one season and we could get that franchise player through draft or trade because historically nobody is coming to Boston through free agency especially if we are sucking, one season don't think of it as tanking, think of it as growing, let these young cats grow like Big Al, Gomes, Telfair, Green, Allen, West and them did, then become trade bait and we have a real team around Green and Rondo, i'm thinking big 🤬 this small time 🤬

i see wat yall sayin i just dont condone rootin for tankin nuthin is gonna change my stance i wanna see my team give a 100% effort every game dats just me tho