What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

[New Trailer] Super Mario 3D World

Comments

• focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically Nintendo released the two best games of the fall...

and those two games have Mario and Zelda in their title.

Shocking.

Poor Knack.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be the first game I buy when i get a Wii U.
    I hated on it so hard at E3 too. never did a 180 on a game so quick.

Next year is looking good for the Wii U.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who actually own a Wii U? What was that Lego City game like?
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    What was that Lego City game like?

It's basically a family friendly GTA. It was one of the best reviewed games of the year for reason, it's fun as hell.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »

It's basically a family friendly GTA. It was one of the best reviewed games of the year for reason, it's fun as hell.

Not tyna nitpick, but no it wasn't. It got good scores, but saying it was one of the best reviewed games when 🤬 like Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, GTA5, The Mario & Zelda 3DS games, Pokemon....Lego City wasn't above any of those.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2013

Not tyna nitpick, but no it wasn't. It got good scores, but saying it was one of the best reviewed games when 🤬 like Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, GTA5, The Mario & Zelda 3DS games, Pokemon....Lego City wasn't above any of those.

A game doesn't need to have 96% metacritic scores to be one of the best reviewed games of the year. Especially considering the amount of video games that are released in a year and how most of those get 🤬 review scores. The fact that Lego City didn't have a fraction of the hype, marketing budget and mass appeal of all those games you listed & still managed to charm all reviewers and gamers that sat down with it speaks for itself.
  • funkdocdamc

A game doesn't need to have 96% metacritic scores to be one of the best reviewed games of the year. Especially considering the amount of video games that are released in a year and how most of those get 🤬 review scores. The fact that Lego City didn't have a fraction of the hype, marketing budget and mass appeal of all those games you listed & still managed to charm all reviewers and gamers that sat down with it speaks for itself.

Um, doesn't being [one of] the best reviewed games mean having [one of] the best reviewed scores? Either that, or it means that the game got the most thorough, in-depth review, better than most of the rest and that's speaking on the type of review it received. All of the bolded is irrelevent to the statement I originally responded too. 🤬 it tho, I was nitpicking, lol. Should've just said one of the best games and not one of the best reviewed games (yes, there's a difference). I got the point tho.
  • focus
    edited November 2013
    Of course...

Destructoid - 10
    Digital Spy - 10
    Joystiq - 10
    Eurogamer -10
    IGN - 9.6
    Gametrailers - 9.5
    Electronic Gaming Monthly - 9.5
    Game Informer - 9.3
    Polygon - 9
    Videogamer - 9
    Edge - 9
    Gamespot - 9
    Kotaku - YES
    Famitsu - 9/10/9/10

etc, etc, etc...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    Of course...

Destructoid - 10
    Digital Spy - 10
    Joystiq - 10
    Eurogamer -10
    IGN - 9.6
    Gametrailers - 9.5
    Electronic Gaming Monthly - 9.5
    Game Informer - 9.3
    Polygon - 9
    Videogamer - 9
    Edge - 9
    Gamespot - 9
    Kotaku - YES
    Famitsu - 9/10/9/10

etc, etc, etc...

No surprises there
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'll get the Wii U eventually.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched the IGN review. Can't wait for this...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't lie it looks fun. it looks like it has the traditional miyamoto/Mario feel to it. I had doubts because I played the new smb u demo at target. it was just boring to me. I had my doubts about super Mario galaxy when I first played it but when I saw goombas fireflowers and bullet bills I said to myself yep its a Mario game.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome as advertised...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    My sister and I been playin' this 🤬 for 2 days straight. Its more than deservin' of the high scores its been gettin'. Looks sublime and plays like only a Mario game can.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 damn I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a long ass times. 🤬 additions like only a Mario game can be. Just when you think you beat the game another world appeared. lol I thought I beat it three times and each time a world appeared.

the downside is like all Mario games the bosses are too easy. there was no final fight with bowser it was just racing him up an exploding tower.

but the fun was defintely in the journey not the end. I'm a perfectionist now I got to go get the stars I missed and collect all the stamps.

multiplayer was fun but Id rather do this 🤬 alone people be 🤬 up in the levels lol
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting but I won't buy a Wii U until Mario Kart, DK and Smash Bros comes out.

I don't think any console is worth buying just to play 1 game. So I'll wait until next fall.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Regulator Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Me & my brother got this 🤬 for my older bro cause he been rocking with Nintendo/Mario since were kids, he loyal to nintendo and rarely plays xbox or playstation.. I told him what people were saying about mario being dead on here and that 🤬 laughed.

Anyways, since its got such great reviews I think I might get it for myself. I got a wii U but right now my xbox sittin on top of it.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I got moist like a woman id buy a wiiu n cop
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    I listened to the ost on youtube and it had some of the dopest music I've heard in a while. Them 🤬 know how to jam. This track in particular

Lots of throwbacks to the NES and SNES era music.
  • Broddie
    @Focus is your sig from a new Wolverine game? that 🤬 looks sick.
  • funkdocdamc

I asked the same question in another thread. It's from Wolverine Origins.
  • focus

I asked the same question in another thread. It's from Wolverine Origins.

Yep. One of the most slept on games last gen, gameplay, graphics and story wise.

ibyfPh3mWFTefA.gif

iI1KYd1H5ItI.gif

• CeLLaR-DooR
    This 🤬 is dope

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm a Mario fan been playing Mario games since donkey kong and Mario brothers before they were super. I've been thinking about buying a wii u some time around spring by then hopefully the price will drop but would I be making a wise decision knowing that the wii is only as powerful as a ps3 or xbox 360 and it is not next gen. what about their third party line up do they have any shooters or action games coming up that's not all cutesy and family friendly. what about online play. I hope to see a wii sports u with wii connect online type gameplay and not just play with your friends in the living room type multiplayer. also does the wii u have a link up with the 3ds like ps3 has with vita? can you play 3ds games on wii u? is there anybody on here who owns a wii-u can enlighten me on this subject? that used copy of new supermario bros wii I ordered off of amazon will have to hold me until I decide to buy a wii-u
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    @Lamilton3000 It is "Next Gen" in the sense that it's Nintendo's home console offering for this current gen and their first HD platform. TBH it's more powerful than the last gen consoles but if the specs bother you then you should just go ahead and buy a PS4 or Xbox One.

Not that that makes it a slouch in terms of the games designed for it from the ground up. Since Nintendo has been adjusting to HD software design for example they have released games like Windwaker HD and Mario 3D world. Which run at 1080p and 720p respectively with 60 fps meaning absolutely NO LAG or clipping whatsoever. Which is impressive because not even many 360 and PS3 games managed that.

So if that's the precedent they have set I think the future is bright for this platform in terms of the games Nintendo designs and/or publishes themselves anyway.

This is basically a platform for you if you like Nintendo games and Japanese software in general. Particularly platformers, action adventure titles, puzzlers, RTS and JRPG's. I do, I prefer those type of games to anything else so I will be a Wii U owner soon. If you prefer FPS, TPS and sports games & more western designed titles like a GTA you may just want to steer clear altogether and go with Sony or Microsoft unless your Wii U will be supplementary meaning you will also have a PS4 and/or Xbox One in your crib.

3rd party is 🤬 if your favorite 3rd party devs or publishers are from the west. Nintendo only seems to have strong third party relations now a days with Japanese devs and publishers only. Even in those cases Nintendo ends up publishing the games themselves (IE: Wonderful 101, Zelda X Dynasty Warriors, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem). If you don't really like Japanese games though I don't see how that will have any appeal.

Shooters? unless you count eShop games nothing really coming on that front anytime soon. If you mean FPS judging by how well Zombi U went probably not much on the agenda at all outside of recycled third party fare like the COD games which you're better off getting on other platforms.

Action games? Bayonetta 2 is about to hit soon and X by Monolith Soft seems to be an action RPG in the vein of some of their previous Xeno titles. X is also strongly rumored to have online support there's even speculation that it might be an MMORPG in the end. These are their trailers

Online? I don't know many Wii U games really taking advantage of online multiplayer right now. I hear that Monster Hunter 3 and Sonic & All-Stars Racin Transformed are really fun Wii U online multiplayer games. One thing is Nintendo's service is both free and the UI is nowhere near as extensive as XBL or PSN. Like I don't know how the voice chat thing is implemented but I think it's non existent. Which is a gift in the sense that you don't have to put up with annoying people's ramblings but a curse if you're playing co-op and want a more intimate type of game session.

I don't know how it was with Wii but I assume it was similar so if you were ok with that I don't think you'll have an issue if you want something more elaborate network infrastructure again Wii U is not a platform for you. I do expect games like Smash and Mario Kart to have online play though. But Wii U like any Nintendo home platform since the N64 is mostly built for a local multiplayer experience. In other words your buddies or family coming over and gaming with you over some beers or a smoke session and not so much taunting strangers over the net while playing against them.

It has no connectivity with 3DS nope. I think Nintendo realized that may have been a mistake too since they have now unified their portable and home software development teams under one umbrella.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the next Nintendo platform is a hybrid portable and home console that will function as their ONLY piece of hardware after 3DS and Wii U are done being supported. With essentially the same games being designed for both portable and home play and no longer dividing their software resources between two pillars.

In other words Nintendo realizes that they have to hit harder with their software in terms of quantity so instead of having software droughts on one pillar while the other one gets a lot of software love with more frequency (Ie: Wii U and 3DS right now) they'll have more games available for "both" pillars simultaneously.