What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Xbox One’s Azure Cloud Computing Solution Ranked #1

focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype.Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
Xbox One’s Azure Cloud Computing Solution Ranked #1, Beats Out Amazon S3
Despite being relatively new, Microsoft’s Cloud computing solution has a strong edge.

16th, Oct. 2013 | Posted In News | By Ravi Sinha|

Still not convinced about Azure, the Xbox One’s Cloud computing solution? Enterprise storage company Nasuni has recently published a very interesting white paper on the state of cloud storage, and has determined that among Cloud Storage Providers, Microsoft’s Azure has beaten out the previous top solution, Amazon S3.

From the white paper: “In our 2012 report, tests demonstrated that Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure Blob Storage were the two strongest players in the market and that, although other offerings showed potential, they had not yet matured enough for use in enterprise storage solutions.

“This year, our tests revealed that Microsoft Azure Blob Storage has taken a significant step ahead of last year’s leader, Amazon S3, to take the top spot. Across three primary tests (performance, scalability and stability), Microsoft emerged as a top performer in every category. Even though Azure has not been in the market as long as S3 and does not have nearly the same volume of storage under management, it is clear that Microsoft’s investments in Azure are starting to pay dividends and that the technology they are providing to the market is second to none.”

While Microsoft has been called out in the past regarding the “hundreds of thousands” of Azure servers it will be providing for the Xbox One, the actual reports don’t lie. Despite being relatively new, Azure has risen to the very top of the pile to become the number one Cloud Storage Provider. Where does that leave Sony? We’ll soon find out when the Xbox One launches on November 22nd.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-ones-azure-cloud-computing-solution-ranked-1-beats-out-amazon-s3#iAzPdJffqVlT9Cpb.99

M$ beat Amazon, Google, Hewlett Packard, and RackSpace. Sony didn't rank.
«134

Comments

  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait mane..
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    *Waits for @TheLoniousMonk to come explain to us that this doesn't matter because the potential of Gaikai not ranking at all is somehow greater than Azure being #1 right now*
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at you trying to bait me, but ok, I'll bite.

    First, all it seems to be talking about is storage space. It's great that they have all that space, but again, like with a lot of the XB1 oriented stuff, it doesn't mean anything until it's applied to something that will appeal to gaming. So Sony doesn't have the biggest cloud based storage set with Gaikai. Fine. What they do have is a tried and true infrastructure for quality streaming of games. That's what's important. Maybe that storage space will become an issue at some point. Maybe Sony will need to expand, but you can bet that won't be the case at the launch of Gaikai, so what difference does it matter. Them going M$'s route would basically just have them with a ton of storage that isn't being used.

    Second, I might be mistaken about this, but isn't that storage going to be used for more than just the XB1. I'm pretty sure there were reports what they were "renting" some of that storage to other groups. So while it is a big achievement for M$ as a whole, it's not nearly as significant for the XB1.

    And therein lies the issue. You and all the M$ fanboys keep on throwing this stuff out like it matters. It matters to you because you nut over anything M$ does. However, I could care less about the 🤬 competition between Sony and M$ as companies. I just want to play quality games, nothing in this topic supports that the XB1 will be better to that end.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    *Waits for @TheLoniousMonk

    Lol focus is a lonely woman.
  • BlackxChildBlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really??? People are hyping cloud storage....
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

    First, all it seems to be talking about is storage space.

    Its not. Thats all you want it to be about because that's all Gaikai can do which is why it didn't even rank. So, your whole titangraph based on this core misunderstanding has been nullified.

    There is a difference between cloud storage/streaming and cloud computing.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    *Waits for @TheLoniousMonk

    Lol focus is a lonely woman.

    You forgot to underline woman.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you never will.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    focus wrote: »

    First, all it seems to be talking about is storage space.

    Its not. Thats all you want it to be about because that's all Gaikai can do which is why it didn't even rank. So, your whole titangraph based on this core misunderstanding has been nullified.

    There is a difference between cloud storage/streaming and cloud computing.

    lol You really are a 🤬 idiot. You post 🤬 on here and don't even bother reading it. That article you posted is discussing the findings of a white paper that evaluated Azure as it relates to being a Cloud Storage Provider. Judging from you belief that anything with multiple paragraphs constitutes a "titangraph," reading probably isn't your strong suit. So, I'm not surprised you neglected to actually read the white paper. So how about just read the first two paragraphs of the executive summary:
    In the last year, Cloud Storage Providers (CSPs) delivered over an exabyte of data under contract. This astonishing growth heralds a new era for how storage is delivered and consumed. The CSP market has seen new providers, new functionality, improved platform maturity, increased adoption in the enterprise and significant price reductions. Amazon’s S3 service crossed the 1-trillion-object mark1, a significant indication of platform maturity, and all major CSPs dropped their prices multiple times. As public cloud storage becomes critical to enterprise infrastructure, independent testing and monitoring of these systems is becoming all the more critical to IT.
    Nasuni publishes this annual report to share the information that we assemble in order to properly evaluate CSPs for our own use. Cloud storage is a key component of our storage-as-a-service solution, much like the traditional system vendors leverage commodity hard drives in their storage arrays. Nasuni must monitor every change, improvement or update within the CSP market, and constantly evaluate which CSPs best enable us to provide the highest quality service to our customers.

    The assessment only evaluated 🤬 like file write and read speeds and errors. I had nothing to do with the Cloud computing capabilities Azure supposedly has or even streaming stability. lol @ you saying that Gaikai didn't even rank. Of course Gaikai didn't rank, because it's not a CSP fool.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus is a 🤬 .
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    So, Gaikai is not even ranked top 5 when only storage and streaming is being measured? LOL. I guess those "quality" gaming enhancements you keep touting for the PS4/Vita will be pretty 🤬 then.

    Anyway, you are still wrong. Its measuring cloud performance as a whole. Computing vs storage vs streaming...they are all one in the same for companies that were actually ranked. There is no asterisk* needed to distinguish these things because Sony and Gaikai, which can't do cloud computing, is not even mentioned.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    So, Gaikai is not even ranked top 5 when only storage and streaming is being measured? LOL. I guess those "quality" gaming enhancements you keep touting for the PS4/Vita will be pretty 🤬 then.

    Anyway, you are still wrong. Its measuring cloud performance as a whole. Computing vs storage vs streaming...they are all one in the same for companies that were actually ranked. There is no asterisk* needed to distinguish these things because Sony and Gaikai, which can't do cloud computing, is not even mentioned.

    Gaikai is not a 🤬 CSP you idiot. The white paper only evaluated CSPs so it wouldn't even make sense to mention it. And what "quality" gaming enhancements am I touting? I said that Gaikai is a tried and true means of quality game streaming. And it is, that's something it's already done, so your belief that it's just going to magically be 🤬 when used for the PS4 is just stupid.

    And no, I'm not wrong, you're wrong. Again, go read the paper or shut the 🤬 up. It was a rudimentary test comparing the write speed, read speed, write errors, read errors, availability, etc... of the 5 CSPs. All they did was take files of various sizes and download/upload them through the CSPs and evaluate the performance. This was not done in a gaming capacity, so it gives us no insight whatsoever on how viable this will be when it comes to using it in the way that M$ intends to use it with the XB1.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killzone is 50 GB alone. Guess that will need to be stored locally. Damn, 50 GB gone day one? That you can't put in the cloud because there is apparently no space...and streaming it to Vita probably won't work well either based on these rankings? What was the point in paying $380 million for Gaikai again? I thought these were the basics?

    #titanfall
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok, can you show me where that paper says that Sony doesn't have enough space to store the games that it wants to stream through Gaikai?
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Oh ok, can you show me where that paper says that Sony doesn't have enough space to store the games that it wants to stream through Gaikai?

    LOL. Your mind works backwards. Gaikai NOT being listed is where it says that. LOL. Last I heard, Sony was trying to get help from Rackspace...who ranked the lowest.

    http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/rackspace-to-help-sony-playstation-deploy-openstack-private-cloud
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you really this stupid? Gaikai is not listed because it's not a CSP. I don't know how else to say that. The group that did the testing is concerned only with evaluating CSPs. Gaikai is not one of those, so you're interpretation that Gaikai not being a part of the testing is somehow a knock against Gaikai or Sony's ability to store the games that Gaikai will stream is just 🤬 . I know you want to ride or die for M$, but the arguments you're making are bordering on mental handicap.

    And once again, there are so many things that you're simply not factoring. You're stretching this report to mean more than it actually does. For instance, the test evaluated the different services over the same set of circumstances with all things being equal. But everything won't be the same in practice. For instance, M$'s infrastructure might be better than Rackspace's, but M$ is also marketing Azure out to a lot more people than Rackspace meaning that the load on Azure may always be greater than what's on Rackspace which would negatively affect it's performance.

    Azure is the best CSP currently. The results of the test support that. That report does not support the conclusions you are trying to make, so please stop. You're starting to sound ridiculous.
  • John_BlaziniJohn_Blazini When it comes to half the niggas on the IC's kids...I am the father Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E2S still using lines from 88.... 🤬 do you ever tell a non 🤬 joke... get some 🤬 you fat 🤬
  • John_BlaziniJohn_Blazini When it comes to half the niggas on the IC's kids...I am the father Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cloud will be used for more then just storage ... with all games having dedicated servers computing processing etc can all function off the console ...Even if some of these things aren't immediately available who better then MS to change the game??
  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monk just don't want the Xbox to have ANY advantages over ps4 lol. That's y his whole go to is line "is no one knows, we will see" ..
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    Monk just don't want the Xbox to have ANY advantages over ps4 lol. That's y his whole go to is line "is no one knows, we will see" ..

    C'mon bruh, if you can't see the problem in his argument, you're just as big a fanboy as he is.

    Does M$ have the better Cloud based infrastructure? Yes, no one is arguing that.

    However, him making the argument that Gaikai is no good because Gaikai wasn't included in a test that has nothing to do with Gaikai is stupid.

    Him trying to draw conclusions about how cloud based computing will factor in the console wars based on a report that has absolutely nothing to do with that is stupider.

    It's not about me not wanting the XB1 to have any advantages. I've already said that to me it seems the XB1 has the better launch lineup of games. I've already said that the Kinect is a better piece of hardware than the Eye 2. And I'll say here that if cloud computing turns out to be the boon to gaming that M$ hopes it will be, they are in a better position to capitalize than Sony. The problem is that nobody at this point knows if it will work out like that. So what do you want me to say? Of course my answer is going to be "we will see" when it concerns something that has yet to be put into practice. Only an idiot like Focus would get on here and make all kinds of crazy declarations based on nothing but speculation.

  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus is not good with words right now... all he had to do was tell you to go look at the other thread he made... that's where his argument was trying to be made with actually cloud computing and not storage


    I have nothing to do with the gaikai statements .. its just u accuse us for capong hard when u urself are caping to the defense of Sony

    It takes one to kno one
  • John_BlaziniJohn_Blazini When it comes to half the niggas on the IC's kids...I am the father Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    Monk just don't want the Xbox to have ANY advantages over ps4 lol. That's y his whole go to is line "is no one knows, we will see" ..

    C'mon bruh, if you can't see the problem in his argument, you're just as big a fanboy as he is.

    Does M$ have the better Cloud based infrastructure? Yes, no one is arguing that.

    However, him making the argument that Gaikai is no good because Gaikai wasn't included in a test that has nothing to do with Gaikai is stupid.

    Him trying to draw conclusions about how cloud based computing will factor in the console wars based on a report that has absolutely nothing to do with that is stupider.

    It's not about me not wanting the XB1 to have any advantages. I've already said that to me it seems the XB1 has the better launch lineup of games. I've already said that the Kinect is a better piece of hardware than the Eye 2. And I'll say here that if cloud computing turns out to be the boon to gaming that M$ hopes it will be, they are in a better position to capitalize than Sony. The problem is that nobody at this point knows if it will work out like that. So what do you want me to say? Of course my answer is going to be "we will see" when it concerns something that has yet to be put into practice. Only an idiot like Focus would get on here and make all kinds of crazy declarations based on nothing but speculation.
    They just aren't relevant enough yet.. but as a future Ps4 owner i hope they can help with that wack ass network in anyways possible..I monitored Sonys network man that 🤬 was always 🤬 up.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Monk we can bottom line all this right now

    1. Azure is the #1 cloud service. Call it storage, call it streaming, call it computing, call it CSP, don't call it CSP, include Gaikai, don't include Gaikai, call Sony's cloud service something other than Gaikai...no matter how you slice it, this is a clear advantage for M$ and the XBOX One over Sony and the PS4.

    2. Like @Kanggoodie said, if you really want to know more about Azure, cloud computing on XBOX One and how it will benefit games like Forza 5, Killer Instinct, TitanFall and every multiplayer game... you know where to look.
    Its better than Gaikai and PS4.



    Does M$ have the better Cloud based infrastructure? Yes...

    Should've been your first post.
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really??? People are hyping cloud storage....

    Not people ...just Xbots and focoon
    I guess when the only GOOD thing about the console is watching sports programs anything as irrelevant as.cloud storage is very exciting.
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at you trying to bait me, but ok, I'll bite.

    First, all it seems to be talking about is storage space. It's great that they have all that space, but again, like with a lot of the XB1 oriented stuff, it doesn't mean anything until it's applied to something that will appeal to gaming. So Sony doesn't have the biggest cloud based storage set with Gaikai. Fine. What they do have is a tried and true infrastructure for quality streaming of games. That's what's important. Maybe that storage space will become an issue at some point. Maybe Sony will need to expand, but you can bet that won't be the case at the launch of Gaikai, so what difference does it matter. Them going M$'s route would basically just have them with a ton of storage that isn't being used.

    Second, I might be mistaken about this, but isn't that storage going to be used for more than just the XB1. I'm pretty sure there were reports what they were "renting" some of that storage to other groups. So while it is a big achievement for M$ as a whole, it's not nearly as significant for the XB1.

    And therein lies the issue. You and all the M$ fanboys keep on throwing this stuff out like it matters. It matters to you because you nut over anything M$ does. However, I could care less about the 🤬 competition between Sony and M$ as companies. I just want to play quality games, nothing in this topic supports that the XB1 will be better to that end.

    You know Xbox fans care about everything except the games.There is no console war because one console is about gaming and the other is about non gaming related featured.At this point the two should not be compared.Xbox fans are wssting their time.
Sign In or Register to comment.