What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

longest you've kept a car

naomi shamblesnaomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
What is the longest you've kept a car? I bought a Hyundai Elantra back in 2011 and i'm hoping to get 10
+ years out of it. I keep it serviced(oil changes, etc.) and I'd like the feeling of no car payments.

Comments

• blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why did you buy a Hyundai if you wanted it to be reliable? haha

nah but seriously, I got a '98 mazda with over 200K miles that I still drive occasionally

you never really get to enjoy the car until you pay it off IMO
  • Got Em ShookGot Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a 2006 Malibu SS Brand new. Just got rid of it in April of this year
  • wmj710wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got rid of my 2007 charger about a month ago
  • wmj710wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why did you buy a Hyundai if you wanted it to be reliable? haha

nah but seriously, I got a '98 mazda with over 200K miles that I still drive occasionally

you never really get to enjoy the car until you pay it off IMO

hey though no joke I spent a year in Korea bought me a little 95 hyundai for $400.00. It ran great, never had any problems with it.
  • wilberdmillzwilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my mustang GT for 8 years, got rid of it 2 years ago for a Charger SRT8. I plan on keeping the SRT for a while.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Members Posts: 25,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 years n counting
  • CincoCinco Real Nigga Minerals Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my '95 Acura legend since 2004.
    It went from being my weekend car to now my daily driver
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Lol @ hyundai not being reliable. It's 2013 bruh, I have a 2011 maxima and a 2010 sonata. You wanna guess which one I've had less problems with? Anyways 6 years for me.....
    b00kie wrote: »
    I've had my '95 Acura legend since 2004.
    It went from being my weekend car to now my daily driver

I swear along with corollas and accords thats a car you see ALL THE TIME. You can run those legend's into the ground
  • MzKBMzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 years. gave it away in 2012
  • HarlemThumzUpHarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bout a year , cars are like shoes to me once they get a scratch or some 🤬 I trade em * shrugs *
  • So ILLSo ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 3 years. Probably could have kept it longer, but I wanted something bigger and better.
  • twatgettatwatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 cars = 20 years. Delta 88 Brougham and a Buick Grand National
  • MECCA1000MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7248.jpg
    Had the truck for 4yrs & the bike for 8yrs
  • aneed123aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my 03 altima 7 years
  • aneed123aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I pay a car off I keep it. 🤬 all that trade in 🤬 . Once u own it keep it. My mom got my last 2 cars
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Going on 8 years now. Paid it off a couple summers ago, gonna ride this 🤬 till the wheels fall off.
  • B_AB_A made her cum till she passed out Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years, my 71' gto
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an 02 Lincoln LS for 9 years from when I was 20 til 29, spent my best years in that car
  • TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had my 96 camry for 8 yrs, got it after i graduated as my grad present at 81k, never gave me problems, got rid of in 2 yrs ago at 215k, wasn't the best looking car but 🤬 that, it was reliable as 🤬 and had plenty girls in it too
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my license since I was 19, I'm 28 now and have had 5 cars. I had a Buick Regal for about 3 years and that was the longest. The transmission started acting up, it drove fine for the most part. But it took it a while to get up to speed. 🤬 was crazy, you could hear the engine revving but it would go slow for about 5 seconds til it got past 15mph and then it was smooth. My first car was 99 Ford Taurus, I had it for a year and passed it on to my lil bruh. Combined we had it for about 7 years. Can't lie I loved that car, but I wasn't good at getting oil changes and other reg maintenance type 🤬 .
  • R.D.R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    95 Camry- 5 months
  • FAN13FAN13 Members Posts: 18
    5 years. 1999 Buick