What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Call of Duty Players 'Aren't 🤬 Gamers', Says Infinity Ward

2»

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really disagree with that. I just don't think you would only 🤬 with one IP if you were a gamer.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    I just don't think you would only 🤬 with one IP if you were a gamer.

Yeah, I've never met a gamer who did; casual or otherwise.
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New IGN Game Scoop from this week covering this exact topic...

How Do We Define "Gamers?"

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colin Moriarty is so pretentious.
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I'd say it's a pretty accurate statement. Of course there are 🤬 gamers that do play CoD. If you're going to midnight releases, buying every map pack, watching videos, etc, I'd say that you're a gamer. But a significant portion of the player base probably aren't 🤬 gamers or describe themselves as gamers at all. The CoD situation kind of reminds of me World of Warcraft. You have something so massive that it manages to reach people that probably never would have shown any sort of interest, but because it's so popular they never really feel a need to seek anything else out. It's easy to find other people to play with and talk to and the lifespan of the game itself is very long. It's even easier when it comes to CoD because you can just hop on, have some fun with a few short games here and there and go back to your life, which increases the mass appeal. The way I see it, this isn't about just CoD at all. It's more about super popular things in general.
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Why can't someone play one game at a time?

It's not like battlefield the only game he gonna play ever again. That's just his game right now.

LOL @ trying to make gaming an exclusive club

I see what you're saying, but I think the question is whether or not these people are moving on from CoD at all. Personally, I only really play one game at a time, especially multiplayer games, but I eventually move on to something else and have an interest in gaming as a whole. To me, it's not about excluding anyone from any sort of club, but rather asking if these people are even interested in being a part of the club. IMO, it's perfectly fine if they aren't.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colin Moriarty is so pretentious.

i cant stand that 🤬 and his right wing 🤬 .
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you really define a "🤬 " gamer?

Time played? Level played? Tropy/Achievement count? SP vs MP? What?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only play one genre of game are you a gamer?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been said COD fans are not 🤬 ...which is why the buy xbox.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ...Live is for casuals. Thats why shooters are so popular on the service.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of that gamer term until last year
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    If you only play 1 or 2 games you are not a "gamer".

All I play is Battlefield and I am a Gamer Bro.

You sound like this 1 white cat I work with who said he loves Reggae music. So I was intrigued and asked who are some of the artist he likes. This fool says Bob Marley and thats it. LOL. I told him you don't like Reggae music, you like Bob Marley.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO ....... I don't think you can play one game and be considered "🤬 ".

I have friends that play four games, (COD, Madden, FIFA, GT/Forza) and they don't consider themselves 🤬
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    sometimes you just get stuck on one game.
    as many games as i have, i'll play Gears/COD faithfully cuz i prefer shooters.
    When i dont want to be bothered i'll play Action Adventure games or Solo campaigns.
    COD players are gamers
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black ops 1 was the last good call of duty title. Same stuff different year, they need to open up the playbook
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call of Duty fans are sheep
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Call of Duty fans are sheep

said the ICP fan
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Born alone, die alone. Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense, and most of what everyone said in here makes sense as well.

The term 🤬 gamer can either be taken as an insult, a compliment, or just a title depending on who is saying it, and what gaming community says it in.

I'd day they ate people who live, drink, sleep, and eat games, and they are fairly good at them, and most of their free time is usually spent playing video games.

Though, recently some people have been trying to redefine the term to refer exclusively to skilled gamers.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    The Recipe wrote: »
    If you only play 1 or 2 games you are not a "gamer".

All I play is Battlefield and I am a Gamer Bro.

You play a game. You're not a gamer though. You're a casual player. You probably compete with your aunts and nieces on candy crush.

It's not a diss. Gamers enjoy and play multiple genres on multiple platforms.

I got Uncharted 3, Batman Arkahm City, Blops 1, MW2, MW3, Bad Company 2 and of course BF3 and will have BF4 tomorrow. I have had a Nintendo, Sega, N64, PS2, PS3 and 360. I am about to build me a gaming PC for BF4, because BF multiplayer is the only game that holds my attention. I got 235 hours played on BF3. How many games you got 235 hours played in?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never Played COD in my life then Im far from a gamer anyway.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I like COD, can't see the hate. I've only just started playing about 2 months ago though.

🤬 is fun for senseless violence though.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The deciding factor that separates casuals, gamers, and 🤬 gamers from one another are what games they play b.