What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Interscope's $25 Million Gamble On Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP' CD Goes Up In Flames As Sales Plummet...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
With her first three albums Lady Gaga delivered huge sales and profits to Interscope Records, but her fourth album, ARTPOP, is not meeting sales expectations.

Interscope spent $25 million promoting the album which will sell around 250,000 copies in it's first week, according to Billboard. Those numbers represent a 75% drop-off from her previous album, Born This Way, which got a big boost by way of a 99 cents per album sales promotion via Amazon on 2 days during it's opening week.

Although ARTPOP will debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, a lot of media outlets are calling the album a flop. Her performance over the weekend on Saturday Night Live failed to give the project a boost in sales that was expected.

How bad have things gotten? The Examiner reports that some of Gaga'a fans a.k.a. Little Monsters were advertising 🤬 sex online to people who would buy 30 copies of ARTPOP.

Interscope will be looking for ways to recoup the promotional costs spent on the album. Could employee layoffs be on the horizon
as the Business Insider suggests?

Damn.. Her album with all that promo flopped hard...

Comments

• lazypakman
    lazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    With her first three albums Lady Gaga delivered huge sales and profits to Interscope Records, but her fourth album, ARTPOP, is not meeting sales expectations.

Interscope spent $25 million promoting the album which will sell around 250,000 copies in it's first week, according to Billboard. Those numbers represent a 75% drop-off from her previous album, Born This Way, which got a big boost by way of a 99 cents per album sales promotion via Amazon on 2 days during it's opening week.

Although ARTPOP will debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, a lot of media outlets are calling the album a flop. Her performance over the weekend on Saturday Night Live failed to give the project a boost in sales that was expected.

How bad have things gotten? The Examiner reports that some of Gaga'a fans a.k.a. Little Monsters were advertising 🤬 sex online to people who would buy 30 copies of ARTPOP.
    Interscope will be looking for ways to recoup the promotional costs spent on the album. Could employee layoffs be on the horizonas the Business Insider suggests?

Damn.. Her album with all that promo flopped hard...

whaa.gif
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She had promo?
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know she had an album coming out..lol I wonder how much was spent on Eminem's album promo
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    it seemed like they were promoting em album more
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't even seen any promo for the album besides the beats by dre commercial.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know she had an album coming out..lol I wonder how much was spent on Eminem's album promo

You really asking that question bruh?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seemed like they were promoting em album more

It think that's what hurt her, the fact that Em released his album a couple weeks earlier.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    gagas buzz been going down hill for a while
  • south4life
    south4life Bama Repesenta! Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When she took all that time to drop an album, she lost a lot of steam notice how her "comeback" at The VMA's was the last thing people talked bout, Miley twerking was the talk, she took too long dropping an album.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    🤬 her and miley cyrus too
    diddydatazz2.png I'd love to
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akon must be mad
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013

IDK if I would Loooooove to 🤬 gaga. 🤬 looks like Zach Braff from Scrubs with a sex change, but I guess every once i a while she has some type of appeal

gaga is a talented musician, but I think the gimmicks went too far and threw off the manstream and now it's just her core

She also hasn't been making memorable songs like before
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »

IDK if I would Loooooove to 🤬 gaga. 🤬 looks like Zach Braff from Scrubs with a sex change, but I guess every once i a while she has some type of appeal
    dqmxbn.png

fiddy.gif

your thirst is real
    nohomo.jpg Men callin wantin to 🤬 bad 🤬 thirst is suspect.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in b4 tomp blames artflop's failure on jay-z
  • Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Idiots - who the 🤬 invests that much in an album? 🤬 would have been better used to fund a tour.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. that's what they get for pushin/promotin' a Hermaphrodite that can't sing onto people. backfired
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013

funny-gifs-best-reaction.gif

In the immortal words of Peter Venkman: "This chick is toast!"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Coli poster in here...
  • south4life
    south4life Bama Repesenta! Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pr0n wrote: »
    Idiots - who the 🤬 invests that much in an album? 🤬 would have been better used to fund a tour.

They think she is Michael Jackson lol, MJ spent less than that on Thriller and he paid everything back after one month of it's release, this is 2013 not 1983, everybody has computers now and can get it for free now, Interscope should know this.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really believe this...what was your source TS? was it reputable?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to
    rs_634x851-130724115515-634.LadyGaga.mh.072413.jpg

o-LADY-GAGA-570.jpg?6

:|
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    yeah i don't believe this at all anymore.