What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

New Jack Swing Music Appreciation Thread

T. Sanford
T. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill)Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
what's the 90s without new jack swing music

feed this thread with them drops

Comments

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I misses this era. New Jack Swing needs to make a comeback.

Aaron Hall "Don't be afraid was my 🤬
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013

seeing this video reminded me of how in love i was with left eye

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I misses this era. New Jack Swing needs to make a comeback.

Aaron Hall "Don't be afraid was my 🤬

I wish new jack swing music come back too.

I'llgrow my flattop back & go to the club every weekend & grind on some bishes to them tunes
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOAT to everybody who participate in this thread

keep them new jack swing music dropping
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did I miss this thread?

Keith Sweat - I want her

Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid

Troop - My Heart

This was my sh*t back when I was a kid.

Hi-Five - She's Playing Hard To Get

Didn't one of these brothers pass away recently?

Boyz II Men - Motownphilly

Another Bad Creation - Iesha

I bought this album when it came out off the strength of "Playground". Don't know if I can classify that joint as swingbeat so I won't post it but this was IMO.

• T. Sanford
  • south4life
    south4life Bama Repesenta! Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    One of my favorite MJ/Teddy collabo

Everytime I hear this song I think about the scene in Juice when they in the record store lol

Another favorite MJ/Teddy collabo

One of my all time favorite songs from The 90's

Kellz and P.A.

Still Play This In The Car, I Don't Give A Damn lol

My favorite part in New Jack City was the club scene when Guy was performing this and those two dudes was killing it and Wesley Snipes was trying to dance lol.
  • T. Sanford

how could I forget my classy ladies, SWV

this use to be the 🤬 back in the early 90s
  • Muhannad
    T. Sanford wrote: »

how could I forget my classy ladies, SWV

this use to be the 🤬 back in the early 90s
    Funny you posted this because I was about to post this.
  • Muhannad
    I'm hitting this thread from another angle. Posting sh*t some that might not be considered swingbeat but atleast contained elements of it.
    Starting off with some Father MC. It came out in the same era and even if you felt it wasn't swingbeat his sh*t contained some elements of it...

Look at these young Jodeci n*ggas on the hook. Father MC was ahead of his time IMO. Jodeci back then singing hooks with hoodies and Timbs started that r & b thug era IMO. A few years later Biggie followed the same blueprint. Rap over an old disco/ r & b track with n*ggas singing the hook. No coincidence Puffy was interning back then.

Can't find the video for sh*t but again I'ma post some sh*t n*ggas might not feel was swingbeat technically. Nice & Smooth was a hip hop act no doubt, but this joint atleast contained elements of swingbeat IMO. Was my sh*t back then.

Nice & Smooth - Hip Hop Junkies

Same thing. Wanted to post "We got our own thing" as well, but w/e. RIP Heavy D.
    Heavy D & The Boyz - Now that we found love
  • Muhannad
    Chuckii Booker - Turned Away

Chuckii Booker - Games

Borderline again but it contained some elements, let's leave it at that. One of my favourite r & b artists from that era. Madd underrated too and not too many people know he's a great producer as well.

Troop - Spread My Wings

Bobby Brown - My Prerogative

Bobby Brown - Don't be cruel

Bobby Brown - Humpin' around
  • T. Sanford

I remember everybody use to hit the dance floor at our school dances, grinding up on bishes to this 🤬

• T. Sanford
    Muhannad X wrote: »

Bobby Brown - Humpin' around

dope dope dope drop

I'm about to spread this tune to facebook

today is New Jack Swing Appreciation Day on my facebook
  • T. Sanford

I dont know if this is under new jack swing, but Imma drop this here. If it is then I scored big with this drop

mannnnnnnnn sometimes I wished I was a little older in the 90s, I know they had to have the greatest of all time club experience. back when chicks was more classier & the R&B was more mellow to vibe to
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »

I remember everybody use to hit the dance floor at our school dances, grinding up on bishes to this 🤬

Down south had them old school club joints, though. Better than today where the club is only a place where dudes chase 🤬 and stunting over having a good time, like the days of old.
  • MissK
    MissK #Lurkerlivesmatter FuckyouIcontribute Behind a DeskMembers Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What yall yougins know about this Al B Sure put them on, this used to play on BET all the time back in the day
  • king hassan
    Jeff Redd from Uptown Records

• king hassan
  • T. Sanford
    MissK wrote: »

trill drop MissK

I had to one up you lol