What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Comments

• PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm watching Grantland live on youtube right now and their talking about the show. They brought up a good point about the Arya scene at the end. He said as fans we sitting here cheering as she slowly drives a blade thru a guys throat and smiles as he literally drowns on his own blood....like you have to check yourself and realize what you're seeing...she's just a child. 🤬 is so sad...
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm watching Grantland live on youtube right now and their talking about the show. They brought up a good point about the Arya scene at the end. He said as fans we sitting here cheering as she slowly drives a blade thru a guys throat and smiles as he literally drowns on his own blood....like you have to check yourself and realize what you're seeing...she's just a child. 🤬 is so sad...

That right there explain exactly why that 🤬 had me conflicted. It was hittin too close to home

• alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

That right there explain exactly why that 🤬 had me conflicted. It was hittin too close to home

How can I not agree. And yet, even though I put this up once before, it has to be shared again:

Lil girl gone gangsta. No choice. One love Arya. But that Hound ain't yo daddy.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anansi wrote: »
    I like this Oberyn 🤬

n/h

• bignorm
    Needle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • bignorm
    I guess all tyrell men are on some 🤬 🤬 .
    🤬 's disgusting, B.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    The Hound did put in work tho. Oh and Shae getting salty over Tyrion situation is annoying.she know damn well he just trying to keep them alive...including her cuz if Tywin find out she's there and Tyrion ain't even consummated his marriage to Sansa he'll most likely murk them.

Cersi is an ungrateful 🤬 too. I know it's 🤬 but her saying "You took too long".... Jaimie shoulda punched her right in the eye with that 24 karat gold hand he rocking.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Mt. ZionMembers Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jon Snow and Syrio Forel will be proud
  • bignorm
    yo, yall think Cersei is pregnant? why else would she be sick?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy how much Arya changed from bein the cute lil tomboy sister to a stone cold killer

Arya been a killer. In the books, she arguably had a higher body count than Rob, and he was fighting a war.

They are making a lot of little changes in the show to separate it from the books. I like that and I like the changes, with the exception of the 🤬 🤬 .
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

What Grantland's soft ass writers dont take in account is this is a world where your age is whatever your experience is. Arya is no more a child than Joffrey is a kid. The game of thrones life is built on blood, violence, sex and lies, these people aren't working 9-5 and sending their kids to private schools while they pick up the groceries and discuss real housewives of atlanta. I don't see no reason at all to feel sad about Arya learning to 🤬 . Those are the only people who survive in the GoT world. Some of the best and most honorable people on the show have been cold-blooded when it came to killing, and some of the worst have never put hands on a fly. Grantland is on some other 🤬 talking about this show like it takes place in Leave it to 🤬 land.

And after having her whole family either clapped, hostage, or missing, after being beaten and enslaved for months, if Arya was to have a sword at the throat of a 🤬 who merked her friend and stole her dead brothers sword and DIDNT clap him, i'd be sorely disappointed. She's growing up into exactly who she needs to be.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mainly a boring episode,
    But that's to be expected, it's GoT, but the end was super tight.

I also loved "mans gotta have a code" line. had have been HBO throwing that in there as way to homage to the wire
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sh
    The Hound did put in work tho. Oh and Shae getting salty over Tyrion situation is annoying.she know damn well he just trying to keep them alive...including her cuz if Tywin find out she's there and Tyrion ain't even consummated his marriage to Sansa he'll most likely murk them.

Cersi is an ungrateful 🤬 too. I know it's 🤬 but her saying "You took too long".... Jaimie shoulda punched her right in the eye with that 24 karat gold hand he rocking.

Shae is getting WAAAAY outta line. She act like she don't know what the situation is. This is why you don't wife 3rd world 🤬 , especially if you in a position of power.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    It wasn't lost on me the significance of them playing Rains of Castmere while Tywin was having Ned's sword melted down and him burning the Wolf pelt....Tywin, Cersei, & Jeoffry feeling themselves way too much. 🤬 is gone come back on them 10 fold one day....
  • Inglewood_B
    It's crazy how much Arya changed from bein the cute lil tomboy sister to a stone cold killer

Arya been a killer. In the books, she arguably had a higher body count than Rob, and he was fighting a war.

They are making a lot of little changes in the show to separate it from the books. I like that and I like the changes, with the exception of the 🤬 🤬 .

Yeah I realize that. Arya been catchin bodies since season one. I'm talkin about the personality transformation tho.

The first one was the fat boy tryin to 🤬 her and that was pure self defense fight or flight reaction.

Second she was out of her mind with grief, and got at ether 🤬 talkin 🤬 about how he did her brother.

The last 2 was pure malice and revenge. She actually enjoyed that 🤬 .

We know that this is a different type of world/setting but still this girl is what... 10-11 years old? I get the same feelin of "damn that's 🤬 up" like when I think of child soldiers in Africa.

Even more so with a kid that's around the same age she was when this 🤬 started
  • Inglewood_B
    Rewatching this episode... The "chickens" scene was pure comedy
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    me & some people were talkin about orange is the new black & our favorite characters & whatnot...then we all just stopped & were like yo...we can't "root" for these characters in the same way as we root for characters in the traditional sense. to root for a character means we want em to be in the show as much as possible. but these chicks are in prison. so wanting them sticking around means they'll remain in the same 🤬 up environment all because they entertain us in some way.

even tho these are tv shows & they aren't real, we as viewers don't always realize what gravitating towards certain themes & characters means in the real world. game of thrones happens to be an environment where kids grow up fast...joffrey is around arya's age & he's king...they expect girls to mothers & wives soon as they get their periods..dany tryna rule the whole damn country & is only a teenager herself. so arya becoming a killer isn't really that bad. but it is sad that that's the cutthroat world they live in.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited April 2014

so you sayin he shoulda "honored" her?
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught feelings when he melted down Neds sword and through the wolf into the fire....mannnnn
  • Will Munny
    book readers can 🤬 off, but I think the Lannisters will always win. The theme of this book is if you are likable you will get killed. Now that the Hound is starting to be nice to Arya, he will also get killed. If his reasons were self-serving still he would live, but since he actually like Arya, he will most assuredly die.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    book readers can 🤬 off, but I think the Lannisters will always win. The theme of this book is if you are likable you will get killed. Now that the Hound is starting to be nice to Arya, he will also get killed. If his reasons were self-serving still he would live, but since he actually like Arya, he will most assuredly die.

Is it tho? The theme I've noticed is ruthless cunning wins, not honor and morals.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the hospital, should I rinse my 3G data and watch it or wait till I get in?

Hmmm
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny wrote: »

Is it tho? The theme I've noticed is ruthless cunning wins, not honor and morals.

Exactly. If you're not an 🤬 , you die. Hound is going be less of an 🤬 and will be punished for it.

Jamie Lannister (still 🤬 him nh by the way he pushed a kid out of a tower) was less of an 🤬 and got that big 🤬 not 🤬 , and guess what happens? That chopped that muthafuckas hand off.
This discussion has been closed.