What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Comments

• theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    book readers can 🤬 off, but I think the Lannisters will always win. The theme of this book is if you are likable you will get killed. Now that the Hound is starting to be nice to Arya, he will also get killed. If his reasons were self-serving still he would live, but since he actually like Arya, he will most assuredly die.

Is it tho? The theme I've noticed is ruthless cunning wins, not honor and morals.

Exactly. If you're not an 🤬 , you die. Hound is going be less of an 🤬 and will be punished for it.

Jamie Lannister (still 🤬 him nh by the way he pushed a kid out of a tower) was less of an 🤬 and got that big 🤬 not 🤬 , and guess what happens? That chopped that muthafuckas hand off.

I mean being a 🤬 or being likable doesn't play that much into it.

Look at Theon. He was a 🤬 but he's getting 🤬 up. Arya is pretty likable and she's still kicking.

I thinks it's pretty realistic in the sense that anyone can die depending on how aware they are of the world they live in like in real life.

Jamie lost his hand cause Bolton's man hated the Lanisters privilege and wealth and recognized the position he was in.

Ned lost his head because he thought everyone was honorable and would do what was right. Same as his son.

Harsh reality and circumstances dictate who dies imo. Just so happens that the likable ones are usually the ones getting something chopped off. Cold world.

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Cersei not giving up the ass to Jaime no more...Only a matter of time before he start smashing Brienne of Tarth
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ this isn't a spoiler since it won't happen on the show but cersei did give up the ass in the book. As soon as she saw him. Often.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the theme of this series (the books) is that life isn't black and white nor is it fair. The good guys, if there is such a thing, don't win all the time. It's set to look like a fairytale but it's point is that life isn't a fairytale at all.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I'm watching Grantland live on youtube right now and their talking about the show. They brought up a good point about the Arya scene at the end. He said as fans we sitting here cheering as she slowly drives a blade thru a guys throat and smiles as he literally drowns on his own blood....like you have to check yourself and realize what you're seeing...she's just a child. 🤬 is so sad...

I'm not even sad for arya those people she killed deserved to die and its not like her own father wasn't okay with her learning how to fight with a sword.
    Now you see the fruit of all that training
    book readers can 🤬 off, but I think the Lannisters will always win. The theme of this book is if you are likable you will get killed. Now that the Hound is starting to be nice to Arya, he will also get killed. If his reasons were self-serving still he would live, but since he actually like Arya, he will most assuredly die.

This is true ever since arya's been on the run most of the people she's been buddying up with either end up dead(Yoren) or leave her(Gendry,Hot Pie)
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it tho? The theme I've noticed is ruthless cunning wins, not honor and morals.

Exactly. If you're not an 🤬 , you die. Hound is going be less of an 🤬 and will be punished for it.

Jamie Lannister (still 🤬 him nh by the way he pushed a kid out of a tower) was less of an 🤬 and got that big 🤬 not 🤬 , and guess what happens? That chopped that muthafuckas hand off.

This isn't true because a lot of 🤬 in the story get the biz too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    This season is only the end of Act I or possibly beginning of Act II, tough as it may be to believe with how far we gone.

tZP5CxT.png

That's a good point. I believe the transition from Act I to Act II will probably occur during this season.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many episodes will this season have
  • deadeye
    deadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ Lady Tyrell's reaction to seeing Brienne for the first time:

@ :54-1:30

• deadeye
    And some of you bookreaders just can't seem to help yourselves can you?
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Antisocial Extrovert Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about no mention of the book in this thread! None at all. Start a "show and book" thread or something. Banning after the fact won't work. Once something is spoiled, it can't be unspoiled!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they need to make Oberyn a 🤬 ?
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    how many episodes will this season have

10, like the others, would be my guess
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought all the men in Dorne were Bi. Something Tyrion said about Myrcella in season 2....
    In any case its funny how there's now a designated 🤬 prostitute for the show similar to the role ros had
  • deadeye
    edited April 2014
    charles2 wrote: »
    How about no mention of the book in this thread! None at all. Start a "show and book" thread or something. Banning after the fact won't work. Once something is spoiled, it can't be unspoiled!

Funny thing is, they probably wouldn't even post in it if one was made.

It wouldn't be the same for them because....since everyone in the thread would be a bookreader....they wouldn't know any more than anyone else.

No more of that "I-know-something-you-don't-know" 🤬 .
  • Will Munny
    edited April 2014
    Yo it really 🤬 🤬 me off when I someone makes a prediction and they make less than subtle hints whether that prediction is true or not. Then they try to act like "whaaat, I wasn't saying anything"

Like it really 🤬 🤬 me off, like I wanna find out where you live and kick your door in kind of 🤬 off.
  • The Lonious Monk
    deadeye wrote: »

It wouldn't be the same for them because....since everyone in the thread would be a bookreader....they wouldn't know any more than anyone else.

Damn, why are ya'll dudes so hostile? You mad at 🤬 because we're literate or something?

I like the show and the book. You're telling me I shouldn't be allowed to provide insight from the book that may not have come across clear in the show just because you don't like reading? It's one thing to get upset with someone spoiling the story. I get that, but no one has done that as far as I've seen. Pretty much the only mention of the book has been to compare how the show handled things to how the book handled things. You might not care and that's cool, but all this whining because people are discussing something you don't care about is silly.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Bron murks this Obern 🤬 .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    bignorm wrote: »
    Why? The Lannisters are long overdue for some heads on a spike
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got into this show last week and binged all three seasons...cant believe I been sleeping on this for so long

its better than Spartacus
    bignorm wrote: »
    Why? The Lannisters are long overdue for some heads on a spike

yeah the starks lost damn near their whole family...lanisters lost one hand so far
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    im still trying to get over Droggo dying from a damn paper cut in season 1
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Iono....sansa, Sam tarly (fat kid w jon), Jon snow, pod, davos (stannis' prisoner) and daenerys aren't ruthless or particularly cunning but they've had good respective runs

I'm talking about more the characters that are actively holding their position or trying to gain position. And in this case Daenery's has shown ruthless cunning a few tines while being honorable and moralistic.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Antisocial Extrovert Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadeye wrote: »

Damn, why are ya'll dudes so hostile? You mad at 🤬 because we're literate or something?

I like the show and the book. You're telling me I shouldn't be allowed to provide insight from the book that may not have come across clear in the show just because you don't like reading? It's one thing to get upset with someone spoiling the story. I get that, but no one has done that as far as I've seen. Pretty much the only mention of the book has been to compare how the show handled things to how the book handled things. You might not care and that's cool, but all this whining because people are discussing something you don't care about is silly.

It's not about being literate and reading. I'm very well read, but I don't waste my time reading fantasy. I'd rather get the condensed version in movies and shows.

The point everyone is trying to make is, we ain't ask for that 🤬 ! No one asked you to provide book insight. If you want to volunteer it, make your own thread and have at it. Particularly if you think your insight is in such demand.
  • Will Munny
    Ok so let me put it this way, if you're an 🤬 , you might still get got. If you aren't an 🤬 you WILL get got.
This discussion has been closed.