What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jon is no major player
    he still takes orders instead of giving them. Dany is a player but she's kinda on the true white savior kick right now instead of going to westeros.
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She murked droggo with a 🤬 memory foam pillow
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dany and Jon are major players. ..are not 🤬 ...and haven't been got
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Ok so let me put it this way, if you're an 🤬 , you might still get got. If you aren't an 🤬 you WILL get got.

Their time will come.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    charles2 wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    How about no mention of the book in this thread! None at all. Start a "show and book" thread or something. Banning after the fact won't work. Once something is spoiled, it can't be unspoiled!

Funny thing is, they probably wouldn't even post in it if one was made.

It wouldn't be the same for them because....since everyone in the thread would be a bookreader....they wouldn't know any more than anyone else.

No more of that "I-know-something-you-don't-know" 🤬 .

Damn, why are ya'll dudes so hostile? You mad at 🤬 because we're literate or something?

I like the show and the book. You're telling me I shouldn't be allowed to provide insight from the book that may not have come across clear in the show just because you don't like reading? It's one thing to get upset with someone spoiling the story. I get that, but no one has done that as far as I've seen. Pretty much the only mention of the book has been to compare how the show handled things to how the book handled things. You might not care and that's cool, but all this whining because people are discussing something you don't care about is silly.

It's not about being literate and reading. I'm very well read, but I don't waste my time reading fantasy. I'd rather get the condensed version in movies and shows.

The point everyone is trying to make is, we ain't ask for that 🤬 ! No one asked you to provide book insight. If you want to volunteer it, make your own thread and have at it. Particularly if you think your insight is in such demand.

Nobody asks anyone to put anything on here. People write what the 🤬 they want. As long as they aren't spoiling the show for you it shouldn't be a problem.
  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Prince Oberyn already a goat
    He had the potential to be until he grabbed that dudes jewels in that brothel....nah.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Antisocial Extrovert Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Monk wrote: »
    How about no mention of the book in this thread! None at all. Start a "show and book" thread or something. Banning after the fact won't work. Once something is spoiled, it can't be unspoiled!

It wouldn't be the same for them because....since everyone in the thread would be a bookreader....they wouldn't know any more than anyone else.

Damn, why are ya'll dudes so hostile? You mad at 🤬 because we're literate or something?

I like the show and the book. You're telling me I shouldn't be allowed to provide insight from the book that may not have come across clear in the show just because you don't like reading? It's one thing to get upset with someone spoiling the story. I get that, but no one has done that as far as I've seen. Pretty much the only mention of the book has been to compare how the show handled things to how the book handled things. You might not care and that's cool, but all this whining because people are discussing something you don't care about is silly.

It's not about being literate and reading. I'm very well read, but I don't waste my time reading fantasy. I'd rather get the condensed version in movies and shows.

The point everyone is trying to make is, we ain't ask for that 🤬 ! No one asked you to provide book insight. If you want to volunteer it, make your own thread and have at it. Particularly if you think your insight is in such demand.

Nobody asks anyone to put anything on here. People write what the 🤬 they want. As long as they aren't spoiling the show for you it shouldn't be a problem.

Soooo.... You are on that "I know more than you know" 🤬 that @deadeye‌ was talking about.

You're right, no one asks anyone to put something on here, but there's a general consensus about what's expected. We expect discussions about the show, not the book. Do you want me to start posting the different ways to calculate depreciation on fixed assets? Doubt it. Is the book related to the show? Yes, but do we want to talk about it? No. Someone asks, then oblige them.

On that note, I'm done. Back to our regularly scheduled program.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/513584/official-bookreaders-game-of-thrones-thread#latest
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Monk wrote: »

Soooo.... You are on that "I know more than you know" 🤬 that @deadeye‌ was talking about.

You're right, no one asks anyone to put something on here, but there's a general consensus about what's expected. We expect discussions about the show, not the book. Do you want me to start posting the different ways to calculate depreciation on fixed assets? Doubt it. Is the book related to the show? Yes, but do we want to talk about it? No. Someone asks, then oblige them.

Nah, don't even ask
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2014

Where do ya'll get this 🤬 from? You care about this stuff a lot more than I do apparently. When the discussion goes in a direction that I think can be enhanced by insight from the book, I say it. Nothing more, nothing less.

And more than a dozen people post in this topic here and there, and only like 2 or 3 are 🤬 about discussions about the book. So stop acting like there is some general consensus against mentioning the books. If you don't want to talk about the books, don't talk about them. If you don't care, don't respond to posts or put people on ignore. I really ain't as serious as ya'll are trying to make it.

Some people get a little too loose with what they talk about and spoil or come close to spoiling. I get that being a problem, but whining about people bringing up the books is silly especially if it's pertinent to the discussion.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    i'm rollin with monk on this one...

i see where yall are coming from about book readers saying 🤬 nobody asked for...cuz i haven't read the books either nor do i plan to so i don't really gaf what's in them pages...but nothing that's been posted this season about what's in the books has taken away from anyone's viewing experience.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. "Living, breathing exigent circumstances." Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    To be honest it's been a pretty overall consensus that spoilers/book readers thoughts all have the spoiler code. Or just don't say it. I just think people who haven't read get tired of having to keep repeating don't spoil anything. Book readers think it's safe to mention because the show doesn't go that route and then it gets brought up another way and it's already spoiled. Or even when spoiler tags get used the conversation doesn't stay within that tag.

I wasn't really gonna say anything because after 4 seasons/threads of this I thought it was understood. If you have to second guess whether or not it should be said don't say it.. or spoiler tag it. But season 5 we'll still being having this conversation because some know more than others and they can't help themselves... or feel like they need to be Negrodamus.

I still find it funny when 🤬 be like Robb is a 🤬 because of yadda yadda yadda.. or that's gonna come back real hard to bite him.. Up until those points in the show it really wasn't defined how it could or why he's a 🤬 . But them book readers wanna quote themselves like "I told yall." But I'm just like..

bruh-man-martin.gif

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joffrey-statue-650x364.jpg

ya gotta admire that ether tho..
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a book reader also. But I find watching the show is a whole new experience and treat it as such in the thread. Plus it's not that hard to put 🤬 in a spoiler tag if u do want to mention some detail out of the books.......it's also not that hard for some of y'all to NOT to click the spoiler tag when u see the 🤬 either....

If in doubt put it in a Spoiler like @Sion stipulated long time ago. And if some of y'all 🤬 lack basic reading comprehension and click the spoiler any way that your 🤬 fault. It's that simple. Tired of y'all 🤬 arguing for whole pages bout the same 🤬 every other episode...smh
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Just don't click the 🤬 spoilers yall 🤬 make a big deal out of everything.For me I don't read the book but I still click the spoilers cause I'm a nosey 🤬 🤬 still don't ruin the show for me though.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read some of the books and it still dont spoil the show for me. Im a lil but ahead of the show and I knew the red wedding was coming and it still 🤬 me up watching it on screen.

It's a great show. I try not to get too far ahead trying to stick with the pace of the show but like some people said reading the book give you nuances and insight. Enhances the show for me
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the books but I like to read/hear the opinions and thoughts of people new to the series. It keeps the discussion going. I think we all can agree that discussion is a good thing. On the other hand, book readers have insight about characters you won't get from the show alone. Seems like people would want that as long as it's not a spoiler.

Moving on...I was kind of surprised Theon got no screen time after getting so much burn last season.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2014
    S.jR. wrote: »
    To be honest it's been a pretty overall consensus that spoilers/book readers thoughts all have the spoiler code. Or just don't say it. I just think people who haven't read get tired of having to keep repeating don't spoil anything. Book readers think it's safe to mention because the show doesn't go that route and then it gets brought up another way and it's already spoiled. Or even when spoiler tags get used the conversation doesn't stay within that tag.

I wasn't really gonna say anything because after 4 seasons/threads of this I thought it was understood. If you have to second guess whether or not it should be said don't say it.. or spoiler tag it. But season 5 we'll still being having this conversation because some know more than others and they can't help themselves... or feel like they need to be Negrodamus.

I still find it funny when 🤬 be like Robb is a 🤬 because of yadda yadda yadda.. or that's gonna come back real hard to bite him.. Up until those points in the show it really wasn't defined how it could or why he's a 🤬 . But them book readers wanna quote themselves like "I told yall." But I'm just like..

bruh-man-martin.gif

Alright, let me make it clear. What you're describing, I understand. I don't have a problem with non-book readers being mad at that kinda commentary.

For example, if the discussion of who the best fighter comes up, which it has. I can understand what you're saying and see how it's annoying that someone comes in here and is like "You guys think Jaime is good, but just wait til you see Fighter A. If you read the books you'd know he'd merk everyone easy." I don't do 🤬 like that, and that doesn't have a place. However, we're on Season 4 right now, so in the same discussion, if I said something like "Ned's good but he doesn't rank up that high. The show is a bit unclear on that, but if you read the books he admits it himself." There should be no problem with that. I'm not spoiling anything. I'm not trying to be on some Negrodamus 🤬 . I'm just giving information from the books to provide some insight that might be missing from the show.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how sansa found out about her family being killed like that.
    Also Shae is a true 🤬 she's still thinking about those diamonds in spite of everything.
    Tywin has now surpassed Roose as the 🤬 father on the show
  • The Lonious Monk
    I wonder how sansa found out about her family being killed like that.
    Also Shae is a true 🤬 she's still thinking about those diamonds in spite of everything.
    Tywin has now surpassed Roose as the 🤬 father on the show

I think enough time has passed that pretty much everyone knows what happened at the Red Wedding.
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that Dorne is in the mix and showing disdain for the lannisters, I wish Robb would've reached out to them while Tywin was on his sit back being patient 🤬 .

Or why in the 🤬 didn't greyjoy attack lannisport while Tywin was losing battles. That was stealing candy from a baby. A lot of candy.
  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trillizm wrote: »
    joffrey-statue-650x364.jpg

ya gotta admire that ether tho..

King jeoffrey ain't 🤬 for that lol
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    why is joffrey acting like he really did something at blackwater and with the red wedding ie won the war? he's the king so he gotta play up his importance to the people, but he flexing for people in his family that actually know what happened cuz they put in work.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Antisocial Extrovert Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [="S.jR.;6936061"]To be honest it's been a pretty overall consensus that spoilers/book readers thoughts all have the spoiler code. Or just don't say it. I just think people who haven't read get tired of having to keep repeating don't spoil anything. Book readers think it's safe to mention because the show doesn't go that route and then it gets brought up another way and it's already spoiled. Or even when spoiler tags get used the conversation doesn't stay within that tag.

bruh-man-martin.gif

Alright, let me make it clear. What you're describing, I understand. I don't have a problem with non-book readers being mad at that kinda commentary.

For example, if the discussion of who the best fighter comes up, which it has. I can understand what you're saying and see how it's annoying that someone comes in here and is like "You guys think Jaime is good, but just wait til you see Fighter A. If you read the books you'd know he'd merk everyone easy." I don't do 🤬 like that, and that doesn't have a place. However, we're on Season 4 right now, so in the same discussion, if I said something like "Ned's good but he doesn't rank up that high. The show is a bit unclear on that, but if you read the books he admits it himself." There should be no problem with that. I'm not spoiling anything. I'm not trying to be on some Negrodamus 🤬 . I'm just giving information from the books to provide some insight that might be missing from the show.[/quote]

It is what it is. I'll be surprised if we go the whole season without someone spoiling something. I remember last season all I kept seeing is, "There's a wedding coming!" Would have been nice to not known that something big was going to happen. Still surprised, but would've been better to not have expected anything.

Didn't even realize while watching the show that Joffrey's statue was depicting him killing a wolf (Starks).
This discussion has been closed.