What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

15681011104

Comments

  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir White wrote: »
    Sir White wrote: »
    Please have some respect for the lost homies eddark and Robert Stark

    *Pours out Orange Juice*


    Ned was dumb. Robb made his own bed.

    They made the wrong choices all true, but at the end of the day they had noble intentions.

    Littlefinger: So it will be Stannis and War?
    Ned: There is no other choice.

    Knowingly causing the death of thousands isn't noble. Never telling your bastard who his mom is isn't noble. As for Robb marrying some strange after asking someone to take sides against Tywin isn't noble. Making your uncle fufill your broken promise isn't noble.

    That's a silly and simplistic way of looking at things.

    Ned tended to believe that the Lannisters would bring misery to the land if they took over the throne, with good reason. So saying he's knowingly causing deaths due to a likely war completely ignores the fact that he believed war was probably inevitable and he was simply siding with the better option.

    We don't know what the storyline behind Jon's parentage is, so we can't comment on the nobility of what Ned is doing.

    Robb admitted he was wrong in following his heart. Being noble doesn't mean you don't make bad decisions, but admitting your mistakes and asking for forgiveness is noble, both of which he did.
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Cali_707 wrote: »
    All the characters in Game of Thrones are have good and bad. They are complex characters. The only people that were painted as being completely good were the Starks, and we know what happened to them. So far they've either gotten a littler 🤬 or are dead.

    What about my 🤬 Hodor tho?

    I'm Team Targaryen. She got squad and the only one that can defeat the White Walkers by the thousands with her dragons. Maybe the Lannisters with their wild fire? Looks like they used it all up to defeat Stannis. Who knows but 🤬 the Lannisters except for Tyrion.

    1.jpg

    Haven't you read the books? Hodor is the reincarnation of Aegon the Conqueror. He's rolling with Bran in order to resurrect his dragons so he can take over Westeros again.



    BRA...

    I'm kidding. That's some 🤬 I just made up. lol

    really cause thats not soo terribly far off from some theories

    Seriously? Because I was trying to go for the most ridiculous thing I could think of so that it would be obvious that I wasn't serious.

  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir White wrote: »
    Sir White wrote: »
    Please have some respect for the lost homies eddark and Robert Stark

    *Pours out Orange Juice*


    Ned was dumb. Robb made his own bed.

    They made the wrong choices all true, but at the end of the day they had noble intentions.

    Littlefinger: So it will be Stannis and War?
    Ned: There is no other choice.

    Knowingly causing the death of thousands isn't noble. Never telling your bastard who his mom is isn't noble. As for Robb marrying some strange after asking someone to take sides against Tywin isn't noble. Making your uncle fufill your broken promise isn't noble.

    That's a silly and simplistic way of looking at things.

    Ned tended to believe that the Lannisters would bring misery to the land if they took over the throne, with good reason. So saying he's knowingly causing deaths due to a likely war completely ignores the fact that he believed war was probably inevitable and he was simply siding with the better option.

    We don't know what the storyline behind Jon's parentage is, so we can't comment on the nobility of what Ned is doing.

    Robb admitted he was wrong in following his heart. Being noble doesn't mean you don't make bad decisions, but admitting your mistakes and asking for forgiveness is noble, both of which he did.
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Cali_707 wrote: »
    All the characters in Game of Thrones are have good and bad. They are complex characters. The only people that were painted as being completely good were the Starks, and we know what happened to them. So far they've either gotten a littler 🤬 or are dead.

    What about my 🤬 Hodor tho?

    I'm Team Targaryen. She got squad and the only one that can defeat the White Walkers by the thousands with her dragons. Maybe the Lannisters with their wild fire? Looks like they used it all up to defeat Stannis. Who knows but 🤬 the Lannisters except for Tyrion.

    1.jpg

    Haven't you read the books? Hodor is the reincarnation of Aegon the Conqueror. He's rolling with Bran in order to resurrect his dragons so he can take over Westeros again.



    BRA...

    I'm kidding. That's some 🤬 I just made up. lol

    really cause thats not soo terribly far off from some theories

    Seriously? Because I was trying to go for the most ridiculous thing I could think of so that it would be obvious that I wasn't serious.

    Its believed that Hodor is baby Aegon and eddard brought him back alongside Jon Snow. The reason why Hodor is 🤬 is because when the Lannisters and Baratheons sacked kings landing The mountain took baby Aegon smashed his head into the wall. Gave him that work

    I personally dont believe it, but in this world anything is possible...
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remembered if you read the last book, there is a reason why its not possible...no spoiler tho
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sir White
    Sir White Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Sir White wrote: »
    Sir White wrote: »
    Please have some respect for the lost homies eddark and Robert Stark

    *Pours out Orange Juice*


    Ned was dumb. Robb made his own bed.

    They made the wrong choices all true, but at the end of the day they had noble intentions.

    Littlefinger: So it will be Stannis and War?
    Ned: There is no other choice.

    Knowingly causing the death of thousands isn't noble. Never telling your bastard who his mom is isn't noble. As for Robb marrying some strange after asking someone to take sides against Tywin isn't noble. Making your uncle fufill your broken promise isn't noble.

    That's a silly and simplistic way of looking at things.

    Ned tended to believe that the Lannisters would bring misery to the land if they took over the throne, with good reason. So saying he's knowingly causing deaths due to a likely war completely ignores the fact that he believed war was probably inevitable and he was simply siding with the better option.

    We don't know what the storyline behind Jon's parentage is, so we can't comment on the nobility of what Ned is doing.

    Robb admitted he was wrong in following his heart. Being noble doesn't mean you don't make bad decisions, but admitting your mistakes and asking for forgiveness is noble, both of which he did.
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Cali_707 wrote: »
    All the characters in Game of Thrones are have good and bad. They are complex characters. The only people that were painted as being completely good were the Starks, and we know what happened to them. So far they've either gotten a littler 🤬 or are dead.

    What about my 🤬 Hodor tho?

    I'm Team Targaryen. She got squad and the only one that can defeat the White Walkers by the thousands with her dragons. Maybe the Lannisters with their wild fire? Looks like they used it all up to defeat Stannis. Who knows but 🤬 the Lannisters except for Tyrion.

    1.jpg

    Haven't you read the books? Hodor is the reincarnation of Aegon the Conqueror. He's rolling with Bran in order to resurrect his dragons so he can take over Westeros again.



    BRA...

    I'm kidding. That's some 🤬 I just made up. lol

    really cause thats not soo terribly far off from some theories

    Seriously? Because I was trying to go for the most ridiculous thing I could think of so that it would be obvious that I wasn't serious.

    Simple doesn't mean wrong. Simple usually means right. The only reason Ned supported Stannis was because he was next in the line of succession. He knew it mean war. Innocent people die in war. Ned knew this.
  • Sir White
    Sir White Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I swear the way some of you try and defend the 🤬 up 🤬 that gets done to the starks is hilarious. By having Ned killed Joffrey started a war with the North in addition to having to fight stannis so yeah in the end even more lives were damned.
    Robb slighted the walder frey and roose bolton took advantage of the starks falling. over 1000 northmen killed and for what? crossing a bridge and a broken promise......

    Ned could have said from the get go that Joffrey was the king. As for Robb he was at war with Tywin. You the richest dude in the country, probably the most powerful, and known for being ruthless to his enemies. Walder Frey knew, he let Robb cross his territory and sent his troops with him. Robb went back on his end of the bargain. Stands to reason that a guy who took that big of a risk would be 🤬 . It also stands to reason that Roose Bolton would rather be alive than be dead.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir White wrote: »

    Simple doesn't mean wrong. Simple usually means right. The only reason Ned supported Stannis was because he was next in the line of succession. He knew it mean war. Innocent people die in war. Ned knew this.

    Yes, that's what he said repeatedly, but if you're read the books, they make it pretty clear that Ned mistrusted and despised the Lannisters. It's silly to believe that didn't play into his actions at all.

    Hell, even if you didn't read the books, you know that Ned believed the Lannisters were responsible for both Robert and John A.'s deaths. Again, you're being silly if you believe that those facts didn't play in his actions. Yes, he backed Stannis because Stannis was the rightful heir to the throne, but he was willing to go to war over that because he believed having the Lannisters control the throne would eventually mean war anyway.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the thing is Renly and Stannis were always going to claim the throne once robert died. Lives would have been lost regardless so Ned deciding to keep the lannisters on the throne with joffrey as king is serving no one(well except littlefinger who suggested it). The reason Robert died? Cersei was tired of him and had him killed so yeah backing a losing horse or keeping with what seems smartest Ned made the right decision but was dumb to tell cersei that he knew about the 🤬 .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ned comes off looking a lot dumber in the show than the books because the show kinda just mulls some things. For instance, people criticize Ned for making moves that he knows will have the Lannisters against him and his family without considering his two daughters. The problem with that is that Ned had things planned out pretty well. What he didn't account for was the fact that Sansa was a 🤬 and went and told Cersei all of Ned's plans effectively ruining everything.

    Even before that, people criticize the way he handled his search of truth and his exposition of it. But people seem to forget that none of that was on anybody's radar until Cat kidnapped Tyrion. Then Ned went from being a minor annoyance for the Lannisters to being a blood enemy that had to be crushed.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This argument happens every 5 pages it seems
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Funny death reaction

  • Sir White
    Sir White Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Ned comes off looking a lot dumber in the show than the books because the show kinda just mulls some things. For instance, people criticize Ned for making moves that he knows will have the Lannisters against him and his family without considering his two daughters. The problem with that is that Ned had things planned out pretty well. What he didn't account for was the fact that Sansa was a 🤬 and went and told Cersei all of Ned's plans effectively ruining everything.

    Even before that, people criticize the way he handled his search of truth and his exposition of it. But people seem to forget that none of that was on anybody's radar until Cat kidnapped Tyrion. Then Ned went from being a minor annoyance for the Lannisters to being a blood enemy that had to be crushed.

    The Queen offered Ned a chance to bend the knee and go home. He had to go throwing that honor up again. Ned was dumb. In the books and on the show. He literally made the wrong choice every time. That's dumb.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Dallas Cowboys 2016 NFC EAST CHAMPS Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ned's problem was that he was an honorable man playing a 🤬 game. In the books you can clearly tell why they always said he was a great general his plan would have gone off flawlessly if it wasn't for his naive ass daughter.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ned's problem was that he was an honorable man playing a 🤬 game. In the books you can clearly tell why they always said he was a great general his plan would have gone off flawlessly if it wasn't for his naive ass daughter.

    That's why Sansa deserves every bit of fuckery she finds herself in.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ned's problem was that he was an honorable man playing a 🤬 game. In the books you can clearly tell why they always said he was a great general his plan would have gone off flawlessly if it wasn't for his naive ass daughter.

    Exactly, this is what I can't understand about the people who criticize Ned. You can judge his actions by what you know in hindsight or the stuff that the reader knows. You have to judge him based what he knows. As far as I saw, he only made two mistakes. 1) Warning Cersei instead of just springing his trap on her and 2) refusing Renly's help when he was down to help overthrow the Lannisters. Nothing else he did was really stupid.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished watching season 1-3. Am ready.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just called my provider and made sure my hbo is in for sunday...LETS GOO
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Eye Candy - Natalie Dormer/Margaery Tyrell

    rs_634x952-140402073308-634.NATALIE-DORMER-GQ-JR-4214.jpg
    HQ1.jpg

    YES YOUR GRACE!

  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Eye Candy - Natalie Dormer/Margaery Tyrell

    rs_634x952-140402073308-634.NATALIE-DORMER-GQ-JR-4214.jpg
    HQ1.jpg

    Cotdayum! i like her even more with that blonde hair
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Eye Candy - Natalie Dormer/Margaery Tyrell


    rs_634x952-140402073308-634.NATALIE-DORMER-GQ-JR-4214.jpg
    HQ1.jpg

    Tywin Lannister "wed her, bed her, and put a child in her"

  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Reading over Tananarive Due's shoulder. Somewhere getting asked about natural hair.Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about buying the books...dont have any immediate plans to read em but just in case i decide to sometime down the line and the box set is cheap right now on amazon.

    for the book readers: how is the dialogue/writing? One of the first things that got me into the show was how the characters interacted with each other. Is it as good in the books or does the show do it better?

    The books' prose is so detailed and is definitely a great read. You can listen to the audiobooks if you'd prefer, there's plenty of torrents.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Who do y'all think Jon Snow's mother is? Think it will ever be revealed?

    Was I seeing things, or was Ygritte still alive and kicking in the previews for the upcoming season?

    And who else heard about the GameOfThrones rap album (Catch the Throne)..Big Boi, Common...Whattttt? I think I'm a bit late hearing about that.

    Will Nymeria & Arya ever be reunited? Will she ever get Needle back? She finna be a badass female assassin and I'm loving how her story line is progressing.

    And, lastly, do you think Khaleesi and her dragons will win this scrabble for the throne? If not her, then who?

    Gosh, I can't wait for Winds of Winter to drop.

  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cotdamn @ Natalie Dormer. Bad as 🤬 on GoT and The Tudors. And this season should be insane. This book was my favorite read.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Water wrote: »
    Cotdamn @ Natalie Dormer. Bad as 🤬 on GoT and The Tudors. And this season should be insane. This book was my favorite read.

    Yeah it was my favorite too. I need that Winds of Winter like yesterday tho...
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon Snow's mom is Circe Lannister. He's the dark haired kid she lost.
    He's the true heir. 🤬 's pretty obvious, imo.
This discussion has been closed.