What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

10 Hard Truths Black People Try to Avoid

13

Comments

  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    False accusations...

    Bruh...ive SEEN you post struggle-articulation posts before, tryna kick knowledge. A lot of bs but the hey, the effort is there...so w/this u gotta b trollin. Gotta be

    what r u even talking about?

    the notion that hip hop is doing harm to blacks is unsubstantiated and trivial.
    lets discuss economics, family structure, and unity.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    False accusations...

    Bruh...ive SEEN you post struggle-articulation posts before, tryna kick knowledge. A lot of bs but the hey, the effort is there...so w/this u gotta b trollin. Gotta be

    what r u even talking about?

    the notion that hip hop is doing harm to blacks is unsubstantiated and trivial.
    lets discuss economics, family structure, and unity.

    Why do you say it is trivial?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    S2J wrote: »
    False accusations...

    Bruh...ive SEEN you post struggle-articulation posts before, tryna kick knowledge. A lot of bs but the hey, the effort is there...so w/this u gotta b trollin. Gotta be

    what r u even talking about?

    the notion that hip hop is doing harm to blacks is unsubstantiated and trivial.
    lets discuss economics, family structure, and unity.

    Why do you say it is trivial?

    pick an issue and tell me how hip hop is to blame... if its not to blame or significantly exacerbates it, why discuss it?
    the theorizing is cool, but empty without empirical evidence to back it up.
    there is no need to concentrate on things that can't b measured or changed.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I've been a HipHop fan since 1991 (before I was a teen) and in all those years I could tell facts from fiction in the music.

    Congratulations my ngga but what does this even mean.

    The burden of proof is not 'Can we find examples of people who were unaffected'

    The burden of proof is can we find any people who have. Are yall tellin me NOBODY has been affected? Nobody!?

    If you concede that at LEAST some have, then what happened to 'If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem'? Huh?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Can't put the blame on hiphop when the crime rates are down since the birth of gangster rap..
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    S2J wrote: »
    False accusations...

    Bruh...ive SEEN you post struggle-articulation posts before, tryna kick knowledge. A lot of bs but the hey, the effort is there...so w/this u gotta b trollin. Gotta be

    what r u even talking about?

    the notion that hip hop is doing harm to blacks is unsubstantiated and trivial.
    lets discuss economics, family structure, and unity.

    Why do you say it is trivial?

    pick an issue and tell me how hip hop is to blame... if its not to blame or significantly exacerbates it, why discuss it?
    the theorizing is cool, but empty without empirical evidence to back it up.
    there is no need to concentrate on things that can't b measured or changed.

    In other words, you think it is trivial because you don't believe it has harmed black people.

    That doesn't justify calling it trivial, so please stop saying that.

    Compare a different example. Some people say that cell phone use causes cancer, but there is no solid evidence to back this up. (At least as far as I know; for the sake of the argument, let's just assume that there is no solid evidence to back it up.) And yet it would totally unjustified to call the issue trivial because of the lack of solid evidence; given how many people use cell phones, the question of whether they cause cancer is anything but trivial.

    So given how important the well-being of the race is, it is similarly unjustified to call the question of whether hip hop harms black people trivial.

    So again, please stop saying that. You are smarter and, from what I have seen, more concerned about the race than that.

  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I've been a HipHop fan since 1991 (before I was a teen) and in all those years I could tell facts from fiction in the music.

    Congratulations my ngga but what does this even mean.

    The burden of proof is not 'Can we find examples of people who were unaffected'

    The burden of proof is can we find any people who have. Are yall tellin me NOBODY has been affected? Nobody!?

    If you concede that at LEAST some have, then what happened to 'If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem'? Huh?


    Well..



    That's not on me. I know its just music/entertainment. Nothing more.


    Its for the artistes who propagate imagery and lyrics to address the issue of delinquency within our youth who are negatively affected by HipHop music ..
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Violent crime has gone DOWN since hip-hop started: FACT. LOOK IT UP.

    If you think RAP is the cause of problems in the black community then you really have no problem with rap you're just an ignoramus 🤬 who thinks black people are SO stupid a rapper can influence the socioeconomic, cultural, and spiritual direction of an entire people in less than 40 years. REALLY?!

    Has nothing to do with poverty and racism? NAH...must be that Lil Wayne 🤬 it all up. Every since BLING BLING things just went crazy right LOL

    Calm yo happy ass down man.

    Nobody said it CAUSED it. It ADDS to an existing problem.

    I just used this analogy: Hip hop is like throwin gas in an existing fire. And yall silly mfers on some 'Oh no, its ok. We didnt start the fire'
    That's like saying "change gone come" helped 🤬 civil rights legislation and not giving LBJ & Dr. KING credit.

    Consider the fact that people make music. Music doesn't make people.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pass not 🤬 . Lol
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    It's a cool list but cats been diagnosing the problems with the Black community for decades; let's hear some solutions.
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOAT THREAD, major respect.
  • NostalgiaBAB
    NostalgiaBAB Members Posts: 23
    The idea that rap is contributing to violent crime hinges on the notion that people are committing violent crime so they can have enough street cred to rap about committing violent crime. It also ignores the trend in which violent crime has fallen during the heyday of gangsta rap.

    Poverty, drugs and culture are much bigger factors than music. Gangsta rap wouldn't exist if the culture wasn't already there. For the most part, it just laid that culture out in the open.

    Think about how ridiculous people sound when they try to blame violent video games for school shootings.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darxwell wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Violent crime has gone DOWN since hip-hop started: FACT. LOOK IT UP.

    If you think RAP is the cause of problems in the black community then you really have no problem with rap you're just an ignoramus 🤬 who thinks black people are SO stupid a rapper can influence the socioeconomic, cultural, and spiritual direction of an entire people in less than 40 years. REALLY?!

    Has nothing to do with poverty and racism? NAH...must be that Lil Wayne 🤬 it all up. Every since BLING BLING things just went crazy right LOL

    Calm yo happy ass down man.

    Nobody said it CAUSED it. It ADDS to an existing problem.

    I just used this analogy: Hip hop is like throwin gas in an existing fire. And yall silly mfers on some 'Oh no, its ok. We didnt start the fire'
    That's like saying "change gone come" helped 🤬 civil rights legislation and not giving LBJ & Dr. KING credit.

    Consider the fact that people make music. Music doesn't make people.

    That can't be said anymore. Look at Chicago for instance. I haven't seen a music scene blow up like that since the south rolled in 10 yrs ago. And most of them are young 🤬 with ties to gangs. And a lot of them see rap as a way to get out. And the realist always float to the top. They put in work on the streets for real knowing that that street cred gonna back them up.

    Stop it. Is the problem that they want to rap, or is it the gang culture that runs deeper in Chicago than ANY place in the U.S.A.? They put in work in the street b/c they grew up w/o proper guidance. Their fathers are dead, in prison, or simply horrible fathers who have set a bad example and their mothers are ineffective or unfit.

    Their idea of manhood comes from peers and poor examples like OG's who are often 🤬 who simply reached a certain age w/o dying in the 🤬 life they live. Life revolves around getting money by any means and asserting yourself violently to get a point across. Carrying guns is normal. Having a criminal record is normal. Etc.

    RAP IS NOT THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. It is simply a window you MAY be able to peer into to hear about some of the problems that exist.

    The deeper issues can be made evident through rap.

    If there is a problem it's that many of us more sensible people are entertained by the ignorant nonsense from our people because it rhymes and has a good beat to it, then we go about our lives, ignoring the tragic and pathetic circumstances from which it is borne.

  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    11. Hip hop has done more to hurt, than help, black people.

    I say that since the death of Pac, Hip Hop has been manipulated into a machine used against us. That statement isn't to put Pac on any kind of pedestal, it's simply round the time that I started noticing 🤬 . His death and continued success afterwards demonstrated to me how powerful hip hop can truly be. Once something is that powerful, if it's a threat to my establishment, I would want it contained.

    I say you take into account everything we know of and suspect of this country's history with racism and control. The pattern is clear as day. Now think about how main stream rap has turned into this stroke fest of guns, 🤬 , drugs, and faggotry directed at the black community. It is not a coincidence that this is happening and being manufactured IMO. It's not a coincidence that artist got 🤬 up contracts to abide by. They see those kids on 106 & Park, they know parents just don't understand. 🤬 in skinny genes and shiny lips, they know ain't no real man finna emulate that 🤬 . Praising gods, talking at schools, but rapping bout nothing but killing 🤬 .They know our kids and weak minded people are absorbing that 🤬 .

    Pac's postmortem and last days of success showed that if left unchecked, undeterred, and alive a 🤬 with the right combination could really start some 🤬 ... again. Oration was one of the best tools people used to combat racism with in the old days. All you church goers are well aware of how profound and earth moving that person with the mic can feel. Fact of the matter is, if you know it sitting at home... the 🤬 with drones and secret societies knew it already.

    Hip Hop had to be contained before somebody with the real message got on the scene and had what it takes to rally up people to take a stand once more. They learned their lessons well with X and every other person they've killed to weather folks down from fighting back. And rap music is most definitely an effective way for someone of that nature to reach people. Imagine if Malcom X, a 🤬 with a profound message, had the rhyme skills of your favorite rapper, the beat of your favorite producer, the popularity of Micheal Jackson, with the strong black image Malcolm X conveyed.

    If I was in they shoes, I know I wouldn't want no 🤬 like that popping up on the scene and starting 🤬 . So I know those with the power and control ain't trying to let that 🤬 fly. The son'🤬 probably believe in hip hop more than we do.
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    that list ain't saying 🤬 that ain't been said already. Blaming hip-hop for black problems is corny
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1of1 wrote: »
    Darxwell wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Violent crime has gone DOWN since hip-hop started: FACT. LOOK IT UP.

    If you think RAP is the cause of problems in the black community then you really have no problem with rap you're just an ignoramus 🤬 who thinks black people are SO stupid a rapper can influence the socioeconomic, cultural, and spiritual direction of an entire people in less than 40 years. REALLY?!

    Has nothing to do with poverty and racism? NAH...must be that Lil Wayne 🤬 it all up. Every since BLING BLING things just went crazy right LOL

    Calm yo happy ass down man.

    Nobody said it CAUSED it. It ADDS to an existing problem.

    I just used this analogy: Hip hop is like throwin gas in an existing fire. And yall silly mfers on some 'Oh no, its ok. We didnt start the fire'
    That's like saying "change gone come" helped 🤬 civil rights legislation and not giving LBJ & Dr. KING credit.

    Consider the fact that people make music. Music doesn't make people.

    That can't be said anymore. Look at Chicago for instance. I haven't seen a music scene blow up like that since the south rolled in 10 yrs ago. And most of them are young 🤬 with ties to gangs. And a lot of them see rap as a way to get out. And the realist always float to the top. They put in work on the streets for real knowing that that street cred gonna back them up.

    Stop it. Is the problem that they want to rap, or is it the gang culture that runs deeper in Chicago than ANY place in the U.S.A.? They put in work in the street b/c they grew up w/o proper guidance. Their fathers are dead, in prison, or simply horrible fathers who have set a bad example and their mothers are ineffective or unfit.

    Their idea of manhood comes from peers and poor examples like OG's who are often 🤬 who simply reached a certain age w/o dying in the 🤬 life they live. Life revolves around getting money by any means and asserting yourself violently to get a point across. Carrying guns is normal. Having a criminal record is normal. Etc.

    RAP IS NOT THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. It is simply a window you MAY be able to peer into to hear about some of the problems that exist.

    The deeper issues can be made evident through rap.

    If there is a problem it's that many of us more sensible people are entertained by the ignorant nonsense from our people because it rhymes and has a good beat to it, then we go about our lives, ignoring the tragic and pathetic circumstances from which it is borne.

    I never said rap was the root of the problem. Check all my post. I said saying that rap has not affected the youth in a negative way would be false. Look at what the dude did in virginia. Almost killed his friend cuz he wanted to further his rap career. Now that's an extreme case, but even he said it was so he could join the illuminati and have a successful rap career.

    It appears as though dumbassness or mental illness has affected this youth.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why is the only focus on violence? Who said thats the only detriment

    How about the overall apathy of these nggas? I got a 23yt okd nephew and Its SO cool to not give a 🤬 w/ these youngins

    How about molly bein popular? So 🤬 bein in every sony didnt hwve ANY affect?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and at the end of the day we go back to smoking cigarettes, wasting sperm, and open to other culture trends.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    11. Hip hop has done more to hurt, than help, black people.

    get this trivial 🤬 the 🤬 out of here...

    Black youths look up to rappers. Rappers ain't 🤬 , cept for liars and modern day slaves. There is always a white man making money off of their backs. How is this trivial? Most rap is about guns, drugs, 🤬 , and materialistic 🤬 no one really needs. This is who they look up too? Explain your side to me.

    who's fault is that tho?

    and in general there are white men making money off 🤬 in other industries, so why single hip-hop out for that?

    True. But how many times have you seen a black man in a commercial being a doctor or a lawyer, or business owner. How many prime time tv shows having leading black actors and actresses? When all tv will put on is the trap star with the cash and the 🤬 how can they not look up to that. All hip hop isn't bad. Just the new 🤬 . You can go around your neighborhood and ask any young black male who they would rather be when they grow up, Jeezy, Rick Ross, TI, them migos 🤬 , or Idris Elba, childish gambino, Barack Obama. I think we all know where they would lean.

    TI is on tv weekly though with his wife and children being a father and husband. Lmao @ rap now only being bad...because the 90's gangster rap super thug era never happened right?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    S2J wrote: »
    And why is the only focus on violence? Who said thats the only detriment

    How about the overall apathy of these nggas? I got a 23yt okd nephew and Its SO cool to not give a 🤬 w/ these youngins

    How about molly bein popular? So 🤬 bein in every sony didnt hwve ANY affect?

    Internet...molly would have been popular had people not talked about in songs just like drugs were popular before people started making songs about them in general....with so many rappers ya'll accuse of being soft and too emotional how can you say that rappers are influencing people to not give a 🤬 anymore? If they don't give a 🤬 then they don't. Can't be too emotional but too apathetic all at once.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so wack.
    So, if we abolish all hip hop and things get better? Even a little bit?
    Lol
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Hip-Hop hurting black people. Hip-Hop gives a lot of black people a voice that they would not have otherwise. It's also responsible for making a lot of black people economically sufficient. Think of how many jobs Hip-Hop has created.

    If we want to escape and rid ourselves of white oppression, the best way to do it is through unity and wealth. Hip-Hop is only helping that cause.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gems dropped
    and I'm collecting
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11. Hip hop has done more to hurt, than help, black people.

    Nah son
    Hip hop is entertainment
    If people can't differentiate between real and fake then they deserve what ever they emulate
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12. Black People are far superior to white people.
Sign In or Register to comment.