What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

10 Reasons African-Americans Should Invest in Africa

2

Comments

  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    As far as investing in Africa, it's a great bet, but I want to do more for home first.....when my disposable income gets more right I'm sure I'll be able to do both
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    The black dollar will never circulate much in america the whole system is rigged and the forces that suck our money away are too strong. There is no hope for african americans as a community things are not going to get better. For black people in america the present is the future this is as good as it's going to be for black americans you are at the mountain top and the only place to go now is down.

    If smart and industrious african americans put the same effort into building business and insistutions in africa that they put into trying to make this society treat them like equals then the pay off for all concerned parties would be much larger than anything we have now.

    Co-sign, this sadly is the truth. There's no superman out there waiting to rescue us, we gotta start taking education more seriously and parenting more seriously too if we ever hope to stay above water and be dry at the same time. So many are falling behind and I'm not sure anymore how they gonna come back. I've been reading some Booker T Washington lately and his philosophies make more and more sense by the day. We can't make major moves until ALL OR MOST OF US get the education and training we need to survive in this cold economy. I work with some Jews and there's no master conspiracy as to why so many are doing well in their community. Alot of it is that they simply value education more then almost everyone else, and we Blacks don't prioritize it the way we should. It's 🤬 frustrating to tell the truth, but more and more are getting there.

    Jewish People also have much better economic unity, hell virtually every group has better economic unity than Black Americans that why I don't expect much Black Americans to invest into Africa since most are selfish and caught up in the American Dream hype even though stats show that America truly dislike Black Americans. If Blacks united financially in the US their problems would dissipate quite drastically since Black Americans problems are mainly financial and if you aren't on you're p's and q's financially, then this "capitalistic" will try to short change you especially if your black. Hence why it's so hard for me to find a black american investor most Black Americans are scrapping to get by and don't have the disposable income to invest or the mentality to invest. If I was white tho it would be a completely different story become then I have way more avenues to secure investment in my product because I would've had ancestors who lied, murdered and stole to get assets and build institutions that their decedents can readily tap into. I plan on go to Africa to make a change though and make those nations into first world countries with my product, but it's going to take a little longer than it should because many Black Americans have so little unity, rarely invest in each other, don't care about the african/black plight and don't take risks so you have to handle 🤬 yourself.

  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    The black dollar will never circulate much in america the whole system is rigged and the forces that suck our money away are too strong. There is no hope for african americans as a community things are not going to get better. For black people in america the present is the future this is as good as it's going to be for black americans you are at the mountain top and the only place to go now is down.

    If smart and industrious african americans put the same effort into building business and insistutions in africa that they put into trying to make this society treat them like equals then the pay off for all concerned parties would be much larger than anything we have now.

    Co-sign, this sadly is the truth. There's no superman out there waiting to rescue us, we gotta start taking education more seriously and parenting more seriously too if we ever hope to stay above water and be dry at the same time. So many are falling behind and I'm not sure anymore how they gonna come back. I've been reading some Booker T Washington lately and his philosophies make more and more sense by the day. We can't make major moves until ALL OR MOST OF US get the education and training we need to survive in this cold economy. I work with some Jews and there's no master conspiracy as to why so many are doing well in their community. Alot of it is that they simply value education more then almost everyone else, and we Blacks don't prioritize it the way we should. It's 🤬 frustrating to tell the truth, but more and more are getting there.

    Jewish People also have much better economic unity, hell virtually every group has better economic unity than Black Americans that why I don't expect much Black Americans to invest into Africa since most are selfish and caught up in the American Dream hype even though stats show that America truly dislike Black Americans. If Blacks united financially in the US their problems would dissipate quite drastically since Black Americans problems are mainly financial and if you aren't on you're p's and q's financially, then this "capitalistic" will try to short change you especially if your black. Hence why it's so hard for me to find a black american investor most Black Americans are scrapping to get by and don't have the disposable income to invest or the mentality to invest. If I was white tho it would be a completely different story become then I have way more avenues to secure investment in my product because I would've had ancestors who lied, murdered and stole to get assets and build institutions that their decedents can readily tap into. I plan on go to Africa to make a change though and make those nations into first world countries with my product, but it's going to take a little longer than it should because many Black Americans have so little unity, rarely invest in each other, don't care about the african/black plight and don't take risks so you have to handle 🤬 yourself.

    Yeah this is also true. But there is huge money in our community, it's just not evenly spread. You gotta find the right people and when you do, as I have in the past, nice deals can be made. But I'd say 70% if not more percent of Blacks can't make major moves or risky moves now. That's a lot, rent and mortgages are getting too high for many people, if not most. The economy has 🤬 up although I'm doing pretty good (not rich or nothing) and as I said before, the wealth is not evenly spread. I have faith in our community though because we've gone through tough times before and progress has been made in some ways. But I think we've taken some steps backward as a community, although thankfully I'm making more money these last few years then I ever have many Blacks aren't getting what I am and it seems more people need my help lately......what ideas of investment you interested in though if you mind me asking? I'm sure you got a bunch of ideas
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me the link for penny stocks in Africa then... Seems like you holdin out on us
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    The black dollar will never circulate much in america the whole system is rigged and the forces that suck our money away are too strong. There is no hope for african americans as a community things are not going to get better. For black people in america the present is the future this is as good as it's going to be for black americans you are at the mountain top and the only place to go now is down.

    If smart and industrious african americans put the same effort into building business and insistutions in africa that they put into trying to make this society treat them like equals then the pay off for all concerned parties would be much larger than anything we have now.

    Co-sign, this sadly is the truth. There's no superman out there waiting to rescue us, we gotta start taking education more seriously and parenting more seriously too if we ever hope to stay above water and be dry at the same time. So many are falling behind and I'm not sure anymore how they gonna come back. I've been reading some Booker T Washington lately and his philosophies make more and more sense by the day. We can't make major moves until ALL OR MOST OF US get the education and training we need to survive in this cold economy. I work with some Jews and there's no master conspiracy as to why so many are doing well in their community. Alot of it is that they simply value education more then almost everyone else, and we Blacks don't prioritize it the way we should. It's 🤬 frustrating to tell the truth, but more and more are getting there.

    Jewish People also have much better economic unity, hell virtually every group has better economic unity than Black Americans that why I don't expect much Black Americans to invest into Africa since most are selfish and caught up in the American Dream hype even though stats show that America truly dislike Black Americans. If Blacks united financially in the US their problems would dissipate quite drastically since Black Americans problems are mainly financial and if you aren't on you're p's and q's financially, then this "capitalistic" will try to short change you especially if your black. Hence why it's so hard for me to find a black american investor most Black Americans are scrapping to get by and don't have the disposable income to invest or the mentality to invest. If I was white tho it would be a completely different story become then I have way more avenues to secure investment in my product because I would've had ancestors who lied, murdered and stole to get assets and build institutions that their decedents can readily tap into. I plan on go to Africa to make a change though and make those nations into first world countries with my product, but it's going to take a little longer than it should because many Black Americans have so little unity, rarely invest in each other, don't care about the african/black plight and don't take risks so you have to handle 🤬 yourself.

    Yeah this is also true. But there is huge money in our community, it's just not evenly spread. You gotta find the right people and when you do, as I have in the past, nice deals can be made. But I'd say 70% if not more percent of Blacks can't make major moves or risky moves now. That's a lot, rent and mortgages are getting too high for many people, if not most. The economy has 🤬 up although I'm doing pretty good (not rich or nothing) and as I said before, the wealth is not evenly spread. I have faith in our community though because we've gone through tough times before and progress has been made in some ways. But I think we've taken some steps backward as a community, although thankfully I'm making more money these last few years then I ever have many Blacks aren't getting what I am and it seems more people need my help lately......what ideas of investment you interested in though if you mind me asking? I'm sure you got a bunch of ideas

    Well I have a start up and the product I seek investment on getting built is a patented alternative energy power supply that my dad invented. I want to take it to Kenya and donate it to a poor area called Sega and collect the carbon certificates by replacing their carbon emitting activity of burning fireword to cook their food since they'll be using my product instead from there I wanna sell the product to African businesses to reduce their energy and just eventually light up all Africa. I have some ideas in regards to Agriculture in Africa aswell but this patented product that my start up owns will by the foot in the door because much of Africa (and the world for that matter) needs a cheap and reliable source of energy badly.

    I know that there is money in the black community but the rich Blacks I went to either gave me prejudice, didn't have the intellect to understand or product, thought empty advice would be a good substitute or just felt that the money would be better of spent on consumer items instead of my start-up even though they admitted that my product was good and they'd buy it if it were built. Blacks just want to consume 🤬 but don't want to put in the legwork to actually build 🤬 the closest I got to getting an investment was when I went to a White person. Anyway that's what I seek to do in Africa, I'm following the example of my business partner who showed me that if you help Africans in return you'll get profit, gratefulness and hard work. Africans are brilliant , humble and hardworking and if rich African Americans could get over their own prejudice and invest in Africa it would definitely strike a blow in the power structure currently in place. I'm currently still looking for investors,but I'm learning how to grow marijuana and start a dispensary to raise funds just in case Black Americans can't step up to the plate in regards to investing in my start up I really don't want to work with whites or other ethnics at the start up stage as one white guy tried to run off with our invention with his rich German friends.
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In speaking of Agriculture in Africa here's a good article on it's potential.

    http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2013/03/04/africa-agribusiness-report

    @kingblaze84
  • mc317
    mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonMembers Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 gone nigg
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    The black dollar will never circulate much in america the whole system is rigged and the forces that suck our money away are too strong. There is no hope for african americans as a community things are not going to get better. For black people in america the present is the future this is as good as it's going to be for black americans you are at the mountain top and the only place to go now is down.

    If smart and industrious african americans put the same effort into building business and insistutions in africa that they put into trying to make this society treat them like equals then the pay off for all concerned parties would be much larger than anything we have now.

    Co-sign, this sadly is the truth. There's no superman out there waiting to rescue us, we gotta start taking education more seriously and parenting more seriously too if we ever hope to stay above water and be dry at the same time. So many are falling behind and I'm not sure anymore how they gonna come back. I've been reading some Booker T Washington lately and his philosophies make more and more sense by the day. We can't make major moves until ALL OR MOST OF US get the education and training we need to survive in this cold economy. I work with some Jews and there's no master conspiracy as to why so many are doing well in their community. Alot of it is that they simply value education more then almost everyone else, and we Blacks don't prioritize it the way we should. It's 🤬 frustrating to tell the truth, but more and more are getting there.

    Jewish People also have much better economic unity, hell virtually every group has better economic unity than Black Americans that why I don't expect much Black Americans to invest into Africa since most are selfish and caught up in the American Dream hype even though stats show that America truly dislike Black Americans. If Blacks united financially in the US their problems would dissipate quite drastically since Black Americans problems are mainly financial and if you aren't on you're p's and q's financially, then this "capitalistic" will try to short change you especially if your black. Hence why it's so hard for me to find a black american investor most Black Americans are scrapping to get by and don't have the disposable income to invest or the mentality to invest. If I was white tho it would be a completely different story become then I have way more avenues to secure investment in my product because I would've had ancestors who lied, murdered and stole to get assets and build institutions that their decedents can readily tap into. I plan on go to Africa to make a change though and make those nations into first world countries with my product, but it's going to take a little longer than it should because many Black Americans have so little unity, rarely invest in each other, don't care about the african/black plight and don't take risks so you have to handle 🤬 yourself.

    Yeah this is also true. But there is huge money in our community, it's just not evenly spread. You gotta find the right people and when you do, as I have in the past, nice deals can be made. But I'd say 70% if not more percent of Blacks can't make major moves or risky moves now. That's a lot, rent and mortgages are getting too high for many people, if not most. The economy has 🤬 up although I'm doing pretty good (not rich or nothing) and as I said before, the wealth is not evenly spread. I have faith in our community though because we've gone through tough times before and progress has been made in some ways. But I think we've taken some steps backward as a community, although thankfully I'm making more money these last few years then I ever have many Blacks aren't getting what I am and it seems more people need my help lately......what ideas of investment you interested in though if you mind me asking? I'm sure you got a bunch of ideas

    Well I have a start up and the product I seek investment on getting built is a patented alternative energy power supply that my dad invented. I want to take it to Kenya and donate it to a poor area called Sega and collect the carbon certificates by replacing their carbon emitting activity of burning fireword to cook their food since they'll be using my product instead from there I wanna sell the product to African businesses to reduce their energy and just eventually light up all Africa. I have some ideas in regards to Agriculture in Africa aswell but this patented product that my start up owns will by the foot in the door because much of Africa (and the world for that matter) needs a cheap and reliable source of energy badly.

    I know that there is money in the black community but the rich Blacks I went to either gave me prejudice, didn't have the intellect to understand or product, thought empty advice would be a good substitute or just felt that the money would be better of spent on consumer items instead of my start-up even though they admitted that my product was good and they'd buy it if it were built. Blacks just want to consume 🤬 but don't want to put in the legwork to actually build 🤬 the closest I got to getting an investment was when I went to a White person. Anyway that's what I seek to do in Africa, I'm following the example of my business partner who showed me that if you help Africans in return you'll get profit, gratefulness and hard work. Africans are brilliant , humble and hardworking and if rich African Americans could get over their own prejudice and invest in Africa it would definitely strike a blow in the power structure currently in place. I'm currently still looking for investors,but I'm learning how to grow marijuana and start a dispensary to raise funds just in case Black Americans can't step up to the plate in regards to investing in my start up I really don't want to work with whites or other ethnics at the start up stage as one white guy tried to run off with our invention with his rich German friends.

    Sounds like a great idea. What's the name of your start up? Do you have a website?
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    indyman87 wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    The black dollar will never circulate much in america the whole system is rigged and the forces that suck our money away are too strong. There is no hope for african americans as a community things are not going to get better. For black people in america the present is the future this is as good as it's going to be for black americans you are at the mountain top and the only place to go now is down.

    If smart and industrious african americans put the same effort into building business and insistutions in africa that they put into trying to make this society treat them like equals then the pay off for all concerned parties would be much larger than anything we have now.

    Co-sign, this sadly is the truth. There's no superman out there waiting to rescue us, we gotta start taking education more seriously and parenting more seriously too if we ever hope to stay above water and be dry at the same time. So many are falling behind and I'm not sure anymore how they gonna come back. I've been reading some Booker T Washington lately and his philosophies make more and more sense by the day. We can't make major moves until ALL OR MOST OF US get the education and training we need to survive in this cold economy. I work with some Jews and there's no master conspiracy as to why so many are doing well in their community. Alot of it is that they simply value education more then almost everyone else, and we Blacks don't prioritize it the way we should. It's 🤬 frustrating to tell the truth, but more and more are getting there.

    Jewish People also have much better economic unity, hell virtually every group has better economic unity than Black Americans that why I don't expect much Black Americans to invest into Africa since most are selfish and caught up in the American Dream hype even though stats show that America truly dislike Black Americans. If Blacks united financially in the US their problems would dissipate quite drastically since Black Americans problems are mainly financial and if you aren't on you're p's and q's financially, then this "capitalistic" will try to short change you especially if your black. Hence why it's so hard for me to find a black american investor most Black Americans are scrapping to get by and don't have the disposable income to invest or the mentality to invest. If I was white tho it would be a completely different story become then I have way more avenues to secure investment in my product because I would've had ancestors who lied, murdered and stole to get assets and build institutions that their decedents can readily tap into. I plan on go to Africa to make a change though and make those nations into first world countries with my product, but it's going to take a little longer than it should because many Black Americans have so little unity, rarely invest in each other, don't care about the african/black plight and don't take risks so you have to handle 🤬 yourself.

    Yeah this is also true. But there is huge money in our community, it's just not evenly spread. You gotta find the right people and when you do, as I have in the past, nice deals can be made. But I'd say 70% if not more percent of Blacks can't make major moves or risky moves now. That's a lot, rent and mortgages are getting too high for many people, if not most. The economy has 🤬 up although I'm doing pretty good (not rich or nothing) and as I said before, the wealth is not evenly spread. I have faith in our community though because we've gone through tough times before and progress has been made in some ways. But I think we've taken some steps backward as a community, although thankfully I'm making more money these last few years then I ever have many Blacks aren't getting what I am and it seems more people need my help lately......what ideas of investment you interested in though if you mind me asking? I'm sure you got a bunch of ideas

    Well I have a start up and the product I seek investment on getting built is a patented alternative energy power supply that my dad invented. I want to take it to Kenya and donate it to a poor area called Sega and collect the carbon certificates by replacing their carbon emitting activity of burning fireword to cook their food since they'll be using my product instead from there I wanna sell the product to African businesses to reduce their energy and just eventually light up all Africa. I have some ideas in regards to Agriculture in Africa aswell but this patented product that my start up owns will by the foot in the door because much of Africa (and the world for that matter) needs a cheap and reliable source of energy badly.

    I know that there is money in the black community but the rich Blacks I went to either gave me prejudice, didn't have the intellect to understand or product, thought empty advice would be a good substitute or just felt that the money would be better of spent on consumer items instead of my start-up even though they admitted that my product was good and they'd buy it if it were built. Blacks just want to consume 🤬 but don't want to put in the legwork to actually build 🤬 the closest I got to getting an investment was when I went to a White person. Anyway that's what I seek to do in Africa, I'm following the example of my business partner who showed me that if you help Africans in return you'll get profit, gratefulness and hard work. Africans are brilliant , humble and hardworking and if rich African Americans could get over their own prejudice and invest in Africa it would definitely strike a blow in the power structure currently in place. I'm currently still looking for investors,but I'm learning how to grow marijuana and start a dispensary to raise funds just in case Black Americans can't step up to the plate in regards to investing in my start up I really don't want to work with whites or other ethnics at the start up stage as one white guy tried to run off with our invention with his rich German friends.

    Sounds like a great idea. What's the name of your start up? Do you have a website?

    Jandicos LLC. No I don't have a website.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know where to start with this. You acknowledge that African Americans will fight other African Americans when it comes to trying to uplift the community, but you somehow believe that the Africans will welcome with open arms when they we try to do the same thing with their continent, a continent we haven't had any real connection to for centuries.

    And yes, I know that Asians and Euros aren't trying to build up the continent. That's not their role. They're trying to do what's best for their countries. That said, like with any partnership, if the business is done right, it can benefit both parties. It's on the African leadership to make the best decisions for their countries. So you trying to pain the Asian/Euro connections as parasitic is silly. And it still belies the fact that positive partnerships with them could still do a hell of a lot more than the paltry by comparison African American connection that you're pushing.

    Because of systematic racism bruh. A lot of us are mentally 🤬 up because of it. And Africans will come with open arms because they don't deal with systematic racism and because of the connections I described in my last post. The people leading the movement will more than likely have some kind of family connection with the continent to maximize efficiency.

    🤬 all those other countries trying to take advantage of Africa. We all saw how that turned out in the past, and their interactions with Africa in the current will turn out no different. Black people would be trying to create businesses and villages that will return the wealth back to the continent vs. those imperialists trying to drain the continent of its resources.

    First, you're living a pipe dream if you really think Africans are going to look at things the way you are. Some of them might, but most of them won't. Have you ever actually spent any time around African immigrants in the U.S.? A lot of them dislike African Americans as much white people. Some of them will disown family member for dating African Americans just like Chinese or Indian people. Once again, systematic racism is not the only issue in the world. lol I can't understand how you can acknowledge that African Americans can't even get along with African Americans, but somehow believe that African Americans and Africans will instantly become 🤬 buddies when a little money is exchanged. That's ridiculous.

    Also, quit comparing what the Chinese and other countries are doing now to Imperialism back in the day. You can argue that those connections aren't good for Africa and that's debateable. But there is a big difference between countries like China investing money in Africa and taking resources in exchange and conquering Africa and claiming everything as yours without giving a 🤬 about how it affects the locals.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know where to start with this. You acknowledge that African Americans will fight other African Americans when it comes to trying to uplift the community, but you somehow believe that the Africans will welcome with open arms when they we try to do the same thing with their continent, a continent we haven't had any real connection to for centuries.

    And yes, I know that Asians and Euros aren't trying to build up the continent. That's not their role. They're trying to do what's best for their countries. That said, like with any partnership, if the business is done right, it can benefit both parties. It's on the African leadership to make the best decisions for their countries. So you trying to pain the Asian/Euro connections as parasitic is silly. And it still belies the fact that positive partnerships with them could still do a hell of a lot more than the paltry by comparison African American connection that you're pushing.

    Because of systematic racism bruh. A lot of us are mentally 🤬 up because of it. And Africans will come with open arms because they don't deal with systematic racism and because of the connections I described in my last post. The people leading the movement will more than likely have some kind of family connection with the continent to maximize efficiency.

    🤬 all those other countries trying to take advantage of Africa. We all saw how that turned out in the past, and their interactions with Africa in the current will turn out no different. Black people would be trying to create businesses and villages that will return the wealth back to the continent vs. those imperialists trying to drain the continent of its resources.

    First, you're living a pipe dream if you really think Africans are going to look at things the way you are. Some of them might, but most of them won't. Have you ever actually spent any time around African immigrants in the U.S.? A lot of them dislike African Americans as much white people. Some of them will disown family member for dating African Americans just like Chinese or Indian people. Once again, systematic racism is not the only issue in the world. lol I can't understand how you can acknowledge that African Americans can't even get along with African Americans, but somehow believe that African Americans and Africans will instantly become 🤬 buddies when a little money is exchanged. That's ridiculous.

    Also, quit comparing what the Chinese and other countries are doing now to Imperialism back in the day. You can argue that those connections aren't good for Africa and that's debateable. But there is a big difference between countries like China investing money in Africa and taking resources in exchange and conquering Africa and claiming everything as yours without giving a 🤬 about how it affects the locals.

    I agree with some of what your saying especially after seeing this video from about a year back. This video features an interview with an 'African' (his African ancestory isn't stated) he says that 'Africans' use to cut off the head of Israelites and eat them. 'They called us inferior, slaves and kicked us out of Africa'.
    This video is obviously generalizing because there are still some Hebrews living on the African continent. And I'm positive not all Africans think that way but it's still disturbing.



    Still there is a big divide between African Americans and Africans which is ironic since we call ourselves African Americans.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    indyman87 wrote: »

    I agree with some of what your saying especially after seeing this video from about a year back. This video features an interview with an 'African' (his African ancestory isn't stated) he says that 'Africans' use to cut off the head of Israelites and eat them. 'They called us inferior, slaves and kicked us out of Africa'.
    This video is obviously generalizing because there are still some Hebrews living on the African continent. And I'm positive not all Africans think that way but it's still disturbing.



    Still there is a big divide between African Americans and Africans which is ironic since we call ourselves African Americans.

    Yeah, and I'm not beating up on Africans because African Americans bear some of the blame too. Remember when Obama ran the first time and all these AAs were walking around talking about he wasn't really Black because his father was from Africa? How stupid was that.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    First, you're living a pipe dream if you really think Africans are going to look at things the way you are. Some of them might, but most of them won't. Have you ever actually spent any time around African immigrants in the U.S.? A lot of them dislike African Americans as much white people. Some of them will disown family member for dating African Americans just like Chinese or Indian people. Once again, systematic racism is not the only issue in the world. lol I can't understand how you can acknowledge that African Americans can't even get along with African Americans, but somehow believe that African Americans and Africans will instantly become 🤬 buddies when a little money is exchanged. That's ridiculous.

    Also, quit comparing what the Chinese and other countries are doing now to Imperialism back in the day. You can argue that those connections aren't good for Africa and that's debateable. But there is a big difference between countries like China investing money in Africa and taking resources in exchange and conquering Africa and claiming everything as yours without giving a 🤬 about how it affects the locals.

    Tricknology. I have come into contact with plenty of African immigrants in college and NONE of them treat me different. I'm actually friends with a lot of them, so miss me with that 🤬 . The 🤬 you're talking about is the older generation and even then, they're still cordial. They just want their sons and daughters to marry someone that's African. The same way black american parents prefer their son to marry someone that's black american. That's not that big of deal. Stop focusing on the negative.

    The point I was making about black americans is their mental is molded to think bad about their own people through calculated movements. Africans weren't subjected to those same movements therefore, it will be easier to work with them, since we are coming to in a sense help them out, while at the same time helping ourselves.

    Overall, you're just finding excuses as to why you shouldn't help. I guess you're okay with being a 2nd class citizen in Amerikkka, so do you. Keep putting your hope in a system filled with black zombies, that is heavily layered to keep you down. Just because you have a very small piece of the pie doesn't mean you shouldn't look at the bigger picture.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and I'm not beating up on Africans because African Americans bear some of the blame too. Remember when Obama ran the first time and all these AAs were walking around talking about he wasn't really Black because his father was from Africa? How stupid was that.

    Obama isn't black because he's a half breed raised by white people. He didn't experience half the racist 🤬 real black people go through on a daily basis because he was sheltered and simply not subjected to it. There was no black presence is his life, so how can he be black?

    If he was truly black, he would have had the courage to address his (black) people from a political standpoint instead of being just another president.

    And we all know, Obama wouldn't have won the election if he was a real black person raised by 2 black parents.

    You probably can't fathom someone saying this, because you more than likely see him as some kind of idol. You're a half breed just like Barrack, which explains who you so heavily support integration... you're a product of it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 , nobody's focusing on the negative. I'm just saying that you're dreaming if you believe that African Americans investing in Africa will put the Black diaspora on some "We Are the World" 🤬 . It won't. There is still animosity there, and anyone with eyes can see it. Nowhere did I say all Africans hate all African Americans, but they damn sure don't look at us as their brothers and sisters in the way that you're implying. Some of them respect us because of what we've done and continue to do. Some of them look down on us because they feel like we haven't done enough given our opportunities.

    And SMH at the mixed breed comments. That's the way of the fools on this site. You can't provide any real insight or information, so you try to make personal attacks and bring up irrelevant 🤬 . My comment about Obama had nothing to do with how I feel about him, and everything to do with how people within the African American community viewed him as a result of his African heritage. But don't let actually understanding a point get in the way of you spouting nonsense. I don't even like Obama, and have said so on more than one occasion, but hey that can't be true because I'm a part of the Grand Mutt conspiracy coming to take you pure blooded blacks down. FOH.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a complete and total myth that african don't like african americans. The only tension between africans and black americans is created when they see how we treat each other and them when they immigrate here. I have been to africa and african americans usually get instant cool points from africans. any business arrangment should never be solely based on liking the other party

    Speaking as someone who is not african american i can tell you that they tend to 🤬 on not only africans but any other group of blacks. Alot of work has to be done to heal whatever problems their exists between african and african americans but the work has to be done because black people have no future in america.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    indyman87 wrote: »

    I agree with some of what your saying especially after seeing this video from about a year back. This video features an interview with an 'African' (his African ancestory isn't stated) he says that 'Africans' use to cut off the head of Israelites and eat them. 'They called us inferior, slaves and kicked us out of Africa'.
    This video is obviously generalizing because there are still some Hebrews living on the African continent. And I'm positive not all Africans think that way but it's still disturbing.



    Still there is a big divide between African Americans and Africans which is ironic since we call ourselves African Americans.

    Yeah, and I'm not beating up on Africans because African Americans bear some of the blame too. Remember when Obama ran the first time and all these AAs were walking around talking about he wasn't really Black because his father was from Africa? How stupid was that.

    Obama is not black he's not even african american he is a mixed race man who politically and socially identifies with black people especially african americans.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I ain't trying to sit here and say that all Africans hate African Americans, but its a simple untruth to say that Africans don't have some animosity towards African Americans. I've tutored African kids in 4 different states at three different levels, and they all pretty much say the same thing. Ya'll can act like the African diaspora is one big happy family if you want, but if you're going to do that then you might as well try traveling by clicking your heels or thinking happy thoughts and flying because it's all fantasy.

    But I've already admitted that there are two sides to the issue and African Americans certainly aren't innocent. I also agree that work should be done to heal problems not only between Africans and African Americans but throughout the diaspora. I don't agree that there is no future for Blacks in America, and I also disagree that African Americans should be looking to unite with Africans before rebuilding the unity within our own community.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I ain't trying to sit here and say that all Africans hate African Americans, but its a simple untruth to say that Africans don't have some animosity towards African Americans. I've tutored African kids in 4 different states at three different levels, and they all pretty much say the same thing. Ya'll can act like the African diaspora is one big happy family if you want, but if you're going to do that then you might as well try traveling by clicking your heels or thinking happy thoughts and flying because it's all fantasy.

    But I've already admitted that there are two sides to the issue and African Americans certainly aren't innocent. I also agree that work should be done to heal problems not only between Africans and African Americans but throughout the diaspora. I don't agree that there is no future for Blacks in America, and I also disagree that African Americans should be looking to unite with Africans before rebuilding the unity within our own community.

    You tutored them in america and my whole point is that any tension in the relationship was started by african americans. African american can be as unified as they want too it's still not going to put them on the same heights that creating strong connection to africa will.

    blacks are limited here and will forever be so, blacks are only 13% of the population and the laws and culture in this nation are actively trying to destroy any wealth,love or unity that exist among black people.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Again, I ain't trying to sit here and say that all Africans hate African Americans, but its a simple untruth to say that Africans don't have some animosity towards African Americans. I've tutored African kids in 4 different states at three different levels, and they all pretty much say the same thing. Ya'll can act like the African diaspora is one big happy family if you want, but if you're going to do that then you might as well try traveling by clicking your heels or thinking happy thoughts and flying because it's all fantasy.

    But I've already admitted that there are two sides to the issue and African Americans certainly aren't innocent. I also agree that work should be done to heal problems not only between Africans and African Americans but throughout the diaspora. I don't agree that there is no future for Blacks in America, and I also disagree that African Americans should be looking to unite with Africans before rebuilding the unity within our own community.

    You tutored them in america and my whole point is that any tension in the relationship was started by african americans. African american can be as unified as they want too it's still not going to put them on the same heights that creating strong connection to africa will.

    blacks are limited here and will forever be so, blacks are only 13% of the population and the laws and culture in this nation are actively trying to destroy any wealth,love or unity that exist among black people.

    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you say there. I don't know that African Americans started the tension though. I know some African Americans do mistreat and look down on African immigrants, but at least some of them did that in response to perceived slights from the Africans. On top of that I've had African immigrants flat out tell me they thought African Americans were lazy and spoiled. That's a matter of them bringing their misconceptions about African Americans with them not anything that was done to them. So it's really a "chicken and the egg" scenario, and I personally don't think either side is fully to blame.

    Either way, it doesn't change the fact that there is a rift there, which was my point all along. There is on reason to believe that Africans will welcome African Americans back in the fold given current relations. And there is no reason to believe that African Americans could even sustain such a relationship given the "🤬 in a bucket" mentality we have in our own community.

    You're right that Blacks are limited here and that if there were some viable Black alternative to America, then AAs would be better off there. That said, no such option exists. No country in Africa is in a position where AAs could flock there in force and be fine. So it's still worthwhile for AAs to at least try and build here in America.And I disagree that Blacks could never prosper in America. There are groups here that are smaller than us and have less power that are doing fine. True they haven't had the history of persecution in this country, but a lot of that is changing. Only blind people can't see that. Life for the average black person 50 years ago was much different than what life is for blacks now. There is still a lot of work to be done, but that's the whole point. People need to be willing to improve things here before they abandon it all for some grass they perceive to be greener somewhere else.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    According to this article not much have changed for Blacks in 150 years.

    http://www.blackbluedog.com/2014/01/news/black-men-are-no-better-off-today-than-their-forefathers-were-in-1865/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=black-men-are-no-better-off-today-than-their-forefathers-were-in-1865

    Black Men Are No Better-Off Today Than Their Forefathers Were in 1865

    By Barry Burch Jr.

    At the turn of a new year; nearly 150 years after Black people were released from slavery, sadly, Blacks today are no better-off, and by some accounts are worse-off, than their forefathers.

    Even Black men who are graduating from college are finding themselves unprepared for the real demands of the world. In 1865, despite having no more than a 3rd grade education in most cases, Blacks following their freedom, became blacksmiths, bricklayers, carpenters, merchants, teachers, doctors, lawyers, farmers, ranchers, cooks, soldiers and more, as reported by Black Star Journal. Blacks back then also built houses, towns, communities, businesses, families, schools, universities, institutions and strongly invested in their collective future.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    Again, I ain't trying to sit here and say that all Africans hate African Americans, but its a simple untruth to say that Africans don't have some animosity towards African Americans. I've tutored African kids in 4 different states at three different levels, and they all pretty much say the same thing. Ya'll can act like the African diaspora is one big happy family if you want, but if you're going to do that then you might as well try traveling by clicking your heels or thinking happy thoughts and flying because it's all fantasy.

    But I've already admitted that there are two sides to the issue and African Americans certainly aren't innocent. I also agree that work should be done to heal problems not only between Africans and African Americans but throughout the diaspora. I don't agree that there is no future for Blacks in America, and I also disagree that African Americans should be looking to unite with Africans before rebuilding the unity within our own community.

    You tutored them in america and my whole point is that any tension in the relationship was started by african americans. African american can be as unified as they want too it's still not going to put them on the same heights that creating strong connection to africa will.

    blacks are limited here and will forever be so, blacks are only 13% of the population and the laws and culture in this nation are actively trying to destroy any wealth,love or unity that exist among black people.

    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you say there. I don't know that African Americans started the tension though. I know some African Americans do mistreat and look down on African immigrants, but at least some of them did that in response to perceived slights from the Africans. On top of that I've had African immigrants flat out tell me they thought African Americans were lazy and spoiled. That's a matter of them bringing their misconceptions about African Americans with them not anything that was done to them. So it's really a "chicken and the egg" scenario, and I personally don't think either side is fully to blame.

    Either way, it doesn't change the fact that there is a rift there, which was my point all along. There is on reason to believe that Africans will welcome African Americans back in the fold given current relations. And there is no reason to believe that African Americans could even sustain such a relationship given the "🤬 in a bucket" mentality we have in our own community.

    You're right that Blacks are limited here and that if there were some viable Black alternative to America, then AAs would be better off there. That said, no such option exists. No country in Africa is in a position where AAs could flock there in force and be fine. So it's still worthwhile for AAs to at least try and build here in America.And I disagree that Blacks could never prosper in America. There are groups here that are smaller than us and have less power that are doing fine. True they haven't had the history of persecution in this country, but a lot of that is changing. Only blind people can't see that. Life for the average black person 50 years ago was much different than what life is for blacks now. There is still a lot of work to be done, but that's the whole point. People need to be willing to improve things here before they abandon it all for some grass they perceive to be greener somewhere else.

    Some african governments already have programs set up that target the black dispora and the african union recognizes african americans as being AFRICAN, they want us there that's why i know what you are saying is not correct. The rift is between african americans and african immigrants not africans in africa. No country on earth wants a mass flood of any immigrant group but the kind of african americans that would want to be in africa and do business in africa will be welcomed.

    The other minorities in the usa don't have the historical baggage that black people do so they are not targets of the same level of hate that we get and that's not going to change.

    like i said already this is it, this is as good as it's going to get for black people in this nation. Other races of people will be passing us the 🤬 by any day now and it's going to stay that way because their populations are growing fast and they are more united. Black people 50 years ago had more wealth than we to today, today we have more money but far less wealth, i'VE had this discussion with you before but you don't seem to understand that concept but as always you are too 🤬 naive and optimistic to see reality for what it is. The wasted energy that africans americans put into basically begging white people and this government to treating us properly could be better spent on fixing relations between african immigrants and african americans.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you're right. Ghana was doing that if I remember correctly, but governments welcoming African Americans into the fold is not the same as the general African public doing the same.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Again, I ain't trying to sit here and say that all Africans hate African Americans, but its a simple untruth to say that Africans don't have some animosity towards African Americans. I've tutored African kids in 4 different states at three different levels, and they all pretty much say the same thing. Ya'll can act like the African diaspora is one big happy family if you want, but if you're going to do that then you might as well try traveling by clicking your heels or thinking happy thoughts and flying because it's all fantasy.

    But I've already admitted that there are two sides to the issue and African Americans certainly aren't innocent. I also agree that work should be done to heal problems not only between Africans and African Americans but throughout the diaspora. I don't agree that there is no future for Blacks in America, and I also disagree that African Americans should be looking to unite with Africans before rebuilding the unity within our own community.

    You tutored them in america and my whole point is that any tension in the relationship was started by african americans. African american can be as unified as they want too it's still not going to put them on the same heights that creating strong connection to africa will.

    blacks are limited here and will forever be so, blacks are only 13% of the population and the laws and culture in this nation are actively trying to destroy any wealth,love or unity that exist among black people.

    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you say there. I don't know that African Americans started the tension though. I know some African Americans do mistreat and look down on African immigrants, but at least some of them did that in response to perceived slights from the Africans. On top of that I've had African immigrants flat out tell me they thought African Americans were lazy and spoiled. That's a matter of them bringing their misconceptions about African Americans with them not anything that was done to them. So it's really a "chicken and the egg" scenario, and I personally don't think either side is fully to blame.

    Either way, it doesn't change the fact that there is a rift there, which was my point all along. There is on reason to believe that Africans will welcome African Americans back in the fold given current relations. And there is no reason to believe that African Americans could even sustain such a relationship given the "🤬 in a bucket" mentality we have in our own community.

    You're right that Blacks are limited here and that if there were some viable Black alternative to America, then AAs would be better off there. That said, no such option exists. No country in Africa is in a position where AAs could flock there in force and be fine. So it's still worthwhile for AAs to at least try and build here in America.And I disagree that Blacks could never prosper in America. There are groups here that are smaller than us and have less power that are doing fine. True they haven't had the history of persecution in this country, but a lot of that is changing. Only blind people can't see that. Life for the average black person 50 years ago was much different than what life is for blacks now. There is still a lot of work to be done, but that's the whole point. People need to be willing to improve things here before they abandon it all for some grass they perceive to be greener somewhere else.

    Some african governments already have programs set up that target the black dispora and the african union recognizes african americans as being AFRICAN, they want us there that's why i know what you are saying is not correct. The rift is between african americans and african immigrants not africans in africa. No country on earth wants a mass flood of any immigrant group but the kind of african americans that would want to be in africa and do business in africa will be welcomed.

    The other minorities in the usa don't have the historical baggage that black people do so they are not targets of the same level of hate that we get and that's not going to change.

    like i said already this is it, this is as good as it's going to get for black people in this nation. Other races of people will be passing us the 🤬 by any day now and it's going to stay that way because their populations are growing fast and they are more united. Black people 50 years ago had more wealth than we to today, today we have more money but far less wealth, i'VE had this discussion with you before but you don't seem to understand that concept but as always you are too 🤬 naive and optimistic to see reality for what it is. The wasted energy that africans americans put into basically begging white people and this government to treating us properly could be better spent on fixing relations between african immigrants and african americans.

    We both agree America in the long run is not a good option for African Americans (although some will be more then fine) but since you've been to Africa, what nations there you think would be the most accommodating to African Americans here?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Again, I ain't trying to sit here and say that all Africans hate African Americans, but its a simple untruth to say that Africans don't have some animosity towards African Americans. I've tutored African kids in 4 different states at three different levels, and they all pretty much say the same thing. Ya'll can act like the African diaspora is one big happy family if you want, but if you're going to do that then you might as well try traveling by clicking your heels or thinking happy thoughts and flying because it's all fantasy.

    But I've already admitted that there are two sides to the issue and African Americans certainly aren't innocent. I also agree that work should be done to heal problems not only between Africans and African Americans but throughout the diaspora. I don't agree that there is no future for Blacks in America, and I also disagree that African Americans should be looking to unite with Africans before rebuilding the unity within our own community.

    You tutored them in america and my whole point is that any tension in the relationship was started by african americans. African american can be as unified as they want too it's still not going to put them on the same heights that creating strong connection to africa will.

    blacks are limited here and will forever be so, blacks are only 13% of the population and the laws and culture in this nation are actively trying to destroy any wealth,love or unity that exist among black people.

    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you say there. I don't know that African Americans started the tension though. I know some African Americans do mistreat and look down on African immigrants, but at least some of them did that in response to perceived slights from the Africans. On top of that I've had African immigrants flat out tell me they thought African Americans were lazy and spoiled. That's a matter of them bringing their misconceptions about African Americans with them not anything that was done to them. So it's really a "chicken and the egg" scenario, and I personally don't think either side is fully to blame.

    Either way, it doesn't change the fact that there is a rift there, which was my point all along. There is on reason to believe that Africans will welcome African Americans back in the fold given current relations. And there is no reason to believe that African Americans could even sustain such a relationship given the "🤬 in a bucket" mentality we have in our own community.

    You're right that Blacks are limited here and that if there were some viable Black alternative to America, then AAs would be better off there. That said, no such option exists. No country in Africa is in a position where AAs could flock there in force and be fine. So it's still worthwhile for AAs to at least try and build here in America.And I disagree that Blacks could never prosper in America. There are groups here that are smaller than us and have less power that are doing fine. True they haven't had the history of persecution in this country, but a lot of that is changing. Only blind people can't see that. Life for the average black person 50 years ago was much different than what life is for blacks now. There is still a lot of work to be done, but that's the whole point. People need to be willing to improve things here before they abandon it all for some grass they perceive to be greener somewhere else.

    Some african governments already have programs set up that target the black dispora and the african union recognizes african americans as being AFRICAN, they want us there that's why i know what you are saying is not correct. The rift is between african americans and african immigrants not africans in africa. No country on earth wants a mass flood of any immigrant group but the kind of african americans that would want to be in africa and do business in africa will be welcomed.

    The other minorities in the usa don't have the historical baggage that black people do so they are not targets of the same level of hate that we get and that's not going to change.

    like i said already this is it, this is as good as it's going to get for black people in this nation. Other races of people will be passing us the 🤬 by any day now and it's going to stay that way because their populations are growing fast and they are more united. Black people 50 years ago had more wealth than we to today, today we have more money but far less wealth, i'VE had this discussion with you before but you don't seem to understand that concept but as always you are too 🤬 naive and optimistic to see reality for what it is. The wasted energy that africans americans put into basically begging white people and this government to treating us properly could be better spent on fixing relations between african immigrants and african americans.

    We both agree America in the long run is not a good option for African Americans (although some will be more then fine) but since you've been to Africa, what nations there you think would be the most accommodating to African Americans here?

    Ghana is by far the most welcoming nation in africa in my opinion and is one of the nicest to live in. South africa is also a good option and would give you a lifestyle closer to an american one but the crime is crazy. SENEGAL also a wonderful nation especially if you are a black muslim but they treat all outsiders good i am christian and never had any problems when i was there.

    Nigeria is cool, transportation in lagos is crazy but there economy is getting better and the people are generally nice but not as friendly as ghana to me ghanaians embrace blacks from the dispora more than nigerians. also stay away from the north of nigeria.