What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Using weed to study

twatgetta
twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Growing Pains
try it. it works. that is all - 420

Comments

  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop an addy too and you'll be super str8
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    I was being serious. but you're tryna make the people miss all they 🤬 ' classes....lol

    @‌32DaysOfInfiniti

    Check it, I say what I say because wee relaxes you to the point where your thoughts can be easily prioritize. especially when it's time to study for exams and 🤬 . I did this all the time. the key is moderation. I only blazed when I was studying or reading something for a exam. not everyday all day type 🤬 . and I always used to blaze before I went into my lab classes. looking through the microscopes high at amoebas will trip you the 🤬 out...lol
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    i-get-highscores.jpg

    That's actually a thing though. If you study and take the test in the same state of mind it is proven you will remember better. If you study 🤬 but take the test sober you will not remember as much as you would have had you taken the test 🤬 .

    yeahsciencebitch.PNG
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    i-get-highscores.jpg

    That's actually a thing though. If you study and take the test in the same state of mind it is proven you will remember better. If you study 🤬 but take the test sober you will not remember as much as you would have had you taken the test 🤬 .

    yeahsciencebitch.PNG

    Do you smoke weed?...

    Do you have links to these "studies"...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    i-get-highscores.jpg

    That's actually a thing though. If you study and take the test in the same state of mind it is proven you will remember better. If you study 🤬 but take the test sober you will not remember as much as you would have had you taken the test 🤬 .

    yeahsciencebitch.PNG

    Do you smoke weed?...

    Do you have links to these "studies"...

    It's the article called alcohol retrieval.

    In court sometimes they have witnesses get 🤬 before giving testimony if they were 🤬 when the event in question happened.

    http://www.niu.edu/user/tj0dgw1/classes/411/goodwin1969.pdf
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    i-get-highscores.jpg

    That's actually a thing though. If you study and take the test in the same state of mind it is proven you will remember better. If you study 🤬 but take the test sober you will not remember as much as you would have had you taken the test 🤬 .

    yeahsciencebitch.PNG

    Do you smoke weed?...

    Do you have links to these "studies"...

    It's the article called alcohol retrieval.

    In court sometimes they have witnesses get 🤬 before giving testimony if they were 🤬 when the event in question happened.

    http://www.niu.edu/user/tj0dgw1/classes/411/goodwin1969.pdf

    That's alcohol...

    There is no mention of "Marijuana" in this article at all...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not that good at taking test anyway. soo....
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters 'Sippi LandMembers Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    i-get-highscores.jpg

    That's actually a thing though. If you study and take the test in the same state of mind it is proven you will remember better. If you study 🤬 but take the test sober you will not remember as much as you would have had you taken the test 🤬 .

    yeahsciencebitch.PNG

    State-dependent learning. Same thing with mood. Study happy, take the test happy, better recall, etc. etc.

    I wouldn't recommend studying and taking tests intoxicated, though. Unless you're never sober...
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »

    But that is only in light usage in verbal learning...

    "Abstract: Human, male subjects from our light marijuana usage category were given paired associate learning under either placebo or marijuana intoxication. A 2×2 experimental design was used to test for dissociation effects. Marijuana intoxicated subjects needed significantly more trials to reach criterion learning than subjects under placebo. Testing of recall, ten days later, demonstrated a significant state-dependent effect. The results were discussed in terms of state-dependent theory and the effects of centrals nervous system active drugs on learning models."

    Shall we look on further into the study, like for example heavy marijuana usage in verbal learning...

    "Abstract: Human, male subjects (Ss) from our heavy usage category were given paired associate learning in a 2×2 state-dependent learning design. No significant effects were found between marijuana and placebo groups on trials to criterion, and recall of the task seven days later was not found to be state-dependent. The results were compared to a previous study using light usage subjects that reported a state-dependent effect. The effects of Ss' past-marijuana usage history and the drug's acute effects on learning and recall were discussed.

    The 1st thing to take in mind with both results are...

    What determines the light and heavy marijuana usage categories...

    Because there are conflicting results, which would depend heavily on a person's lifestyle...

    I am not paying the money to read any of them so I will never know...

    But it really does not prove using weed to study is a good thing, but it also does not prove it's bad either...

    I am chronic weed user with a Eidetic memory/Photographic memory so I always find these studies interesting...
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that were true but every time i've been high and studying (and mind you, im high everyday) i found myself reading the same page five times over and getting side tracked by small details that didnt matter

    When I was on the Adderall tho, i felt like I could accomplish anything and didnt have to eat or sleep till its done

    being high and studying for me usually ended with my stopping to 🤬 and then going to sleep after saying I can do this 🤬 in the morning when I wake up

    I like doing interesting 🤬 when i'm burnt so studying was usually out of the question
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »

    But that is only in light usage in verbal learning...

    "Abstract: Human, male subjects from our light marijuana usage category were given paired associate learning under either placebo or marijuana intoxication. A 2×2 experimental design was used to test for dissociation effects. Marijuana intoxicated subjects needed significantly more trials to reach criterion learning than subjects under placebo. Testing of recall, ten days later, demonstrated a significant state-dependent effect. The results were discussed in terms of state-dependent theory and the effects of centrals nervous system active drugs on learning models."

    Shall we look on further into the study, like for example heavy marijuana usage in verbal learning...

    "Abstract: Human, male subjects (Ss) from our heavy usage category were given paired associate learning in a 2×2 state-dependent learning design. No significant effects were found between marijuana and placebo groups on trials to criterion, and recall of the task seven days later was not found to be state-dependent. The results were compared to a previous study using light usage subjects that reported a state-dependent effect. The effects of Ss' past-marijuana usage history and the drug's acute effects on learning and recall were discussed.

    The 1st thing to take in mind with both results are...

    What determines the light and heavy marijuana usage categories...

    Because there are conflicting results, which would depend heavily on a person's lifestyle...

    I am not paying the money to read any of them so I will never know...

    But it really does not prove using weed to study is a good thing, but it also does not prove it's bad either...

    I am chronic weed user with a Eidetic memory/Photographic memory so I always find these studies interesting...

    I never argued in favor or against. I just said "If you study and take the test in the same state of mind it is proven you will remember better. If you study 🤬 but take the test sober you will not remember as much as you would have had you taken the test 🤬 ."

    If you study high or sober then it's probably best to take the test in the same state is all I'm saying. I'd think that sobriety would be best for getting good grades though. Sure as hell a lot better for your wallet.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Reaching For Success The Dirty SouthMembers Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do drugs
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    goldenja wrote: »
    I'm not that good at taking test anyway. soo....

    @goldenja 🤬 who you tellin? this is exactly why I started doing it while studying. I'm serious bruh. I found that I was more calm, more relaxed, eyes get hazy when you high right?, so they was locked in position. all I had to do from there was read....lol..🤬 I was finishing whole chapters in no time.
  • King Lee
    King Lee The Danger ZoneMembers, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    A lil fried right now first thread I see when I come on the page, I've been studying for the past 5-6 days for my econ exam and im trying to gun thru these 2 chapters like a boss and Ive been smoking on and off sometimes while I'm studying and sometimes after I finish. All I know is Im way more productive when I don't smoke. I zone out to other things my youtube basketball IC and etc, the last thing I wanna do fried out of my mind is look at numbers and word problems. It might be cause I don't give a damn about it and Im fretting about actually getting done on time.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant study high. If i read 🤬 when im stoned, ill be reading the words but im thinking of the most random 🤬 in my head. Not even associated with the 🤬 im reading. Then i cant remember 🤬 i just read.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I cant study high. If i read 🤬 when im stoned, ill be reading the words but im thinking of the most random 🤬 in my head. Not even associated with the 🤬 im reading. Then i cant remember 🤬 i just read.

    Try coffee.

    I get this while sober and coffee helps
  • King Lee
    King Lee The Danger ZoneMembers, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    @Elrawd Bro your signature pic is traumatizing
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do work & study high all the time & still pull As. If anything being high made me zone in more on what I was doing. There was this intense concentration that I didnt have when I'd be sober. Some of you 🤬 just dumb...
  • B_A
    B_A made her cum till she passed out Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do work & study high all the time & still pull As. If anything being high made me zone in more on what I was doing. There was this intense concentration that I didnt have when I'd be sober. Some of you 🤬 just dumb...

  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing people have to realize with weed is that not everyone has the same number of receptors for THC and not everyone responds the same
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah can't do it think about too many things will be focused on one topic for an hr
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Now fellaz I'm not sayin smoke 4 blunts before you study for that exam...all I'm saying is toot a bowl or couple hits off the blunt is really all you need. but I recommend it becuz it just puts my mind at ease when I study. jus me.