What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Florida 6 Year Old Kills Grandfather With AK-47 Left Unattended By Boy’s Uncle At Picnic

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6uxhl3PWyK8

A Florida man is facing negligence charges after leaving his loaded AK-47 unattended, resulting in his 6-year-old nephew picking it up and accidentally shooting his grandfather.

According to WSVN, Juan Manuel Martinez Jr., 28, has been charged with culpable negligence of a firearm for not keeping an eye on his loaded AK-47, authorities said.

According to police, Martinez was having a beer with his father, Juan Manuel Martinez Sr., at a family barbeque when talk turned to hunting. Martinez Jr. brought out his AK-47 to share, handing it to his father who then set it on a table.

A nephew of Martinez Jr. picked up the unattended a$sault rifle and pulled the trigger, shooting his grandfather in the chest and killing him.

“It’s not his fault. He didn’t know what he was doing,” Martinez Jr. said. “He’s just a little boy. I love him. He’s my family. I love all my family.”

Martinez added that he was unaware that his nephew was nearby.

“We heard the gun shot go off. My father was struck in the chest before he was airlifted to the hospital, and they told us that he passed,” he said.”I should’ve never brought the firearm out.”

“In this particular case, investigators informed us, that there was alcohol involved. Not only alcohol. We also had drugs. We had 🤬 ,” said Miami-Dade Police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta.

Martinez admitted to WSVN that he had been doing drugs and drinking before the accident, saying, “I was smoking marijuana. I was doing 🤬 , and I had two beers.”

Martinez called the shooting an accident, saying no one was to blame.

“The family is not trying to point the finger at anybody,” he said. “This is a tragic event that occurred. We can’t say it was my fault, it was my nephew’s fault, it was my father’s fault. It’s just a tragic event that occurred. If there was anything I could do to bring him back, 🤬 help me I would.”

“If you are a gun owner, you need to know that you are responsible for that gun. You’re responsible on how to handle that gun and of the safety of the people around you,” said Zabaleta.

Martinez Jr. was arrested, booked, and released from jail.

The 6-year-old is in the care of his family and is receiving grief counseling.

Comments

  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Way UpMembers Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the florida gif at.
  • ConflictSucks
    ConflictSucks Members Posts: 43
    Copper wrote: »
    Why do citizens need an ak47?

    There does not seem to be any right answer to that question
    "acceptable" answers would be based on an individual's biased values

    But considering the power and tyranny of government owning an AK levels the playing field a bit
    at least as far as firepower goes
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully around the wayMembers Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watever its still not a gun issue. Definitely has nothing to do with the gun. If that AK47 was armed with its own AK47 then it could properly defend itself. We need more guns.

    and 🤬 .
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Why do citizens need an ak47?

    apparently to hunt lol
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was he expecting him to respawn?

    Teach these kids life ain't a video game.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess today wasnt a "Good Day"...
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast harbinger of existential angst Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Hard to really blame the kid, at least not more than the irresponsible adults who created such an environment that not only allowed a 6 year to 'play' with loaded AK47s but allowed him to do it unsupervised.
  • Dr. Stitch
    Dr. Stitch Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Why do citizens need an ak47?
    They don't, but that doesn't mean they don't desire the right to have them.

    I'm not against gun ownership if you're a farmer or a hunter who needs a rifle to take out livestock at a distance so you don't stress them out and make the meat bad, but I don't see why anyone needs military grade rapid fire weapons in their home. A well kept semi-auto or revolver should be enough if you need to protect your home and aren't expecting a SWAT team home invasion.

    This kid is a killer for the rest of his life on record because of this. 🤬 knows what kind of prospects he will have.

    They are semi...you cant legally sell "military grade" weaponry to citizens...
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Why do citizens need an ak47?
    They don't, but that doesn't mean they don't desire the right to have them.

    I'm not against gun ownership if you're a farmer or a hunter who needs a rifle to take out livestock at a distance so you don't stress them out and make the meat bad, but I don't see why anyone needs military grade rapid fire weapons in their home. A well kept semi-auto or revolver should be enough if you need to protect your home and aren't expecting a SWAT team home invasion.

    This kid is a killer for the rest of his life on record because of this. 🤬 knows what kind of prospects he will have.

    not "military" or "rapid fire". you can only fire the rifle as fast as you can pull the trigger. high velocity? yes. you can make the same argument about High caliber pistols/revolvers and shot guns.

    at the end of the day it all boils down to gun safety. if guns were the problem, then they'd be the ones catching 25 to life
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame irresonsible gun owners
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He probably going to get slap with community service
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    He probably going to get slap with community service

    White privilege

  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn
    zerocool wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    He probably going to get slap with community service

    White privilege

    I don't think Latinos get white privilege, not unless you're Charlie Sheen or some 🤬 .

    And "smash" on both of those news reporters.

  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    A .22 or nine will fit in your bedside drawer, an AK47 won't.
    if you're using a .22 for home defense, you've got problems from the jump.
    and a shotgun won't fit in your drawer either, but people use those for home defense without anyone losing their mind about it. and some use rifles. whatever you're comfortable with is PROBABLY the best consideration, not what someone else considers excessive.
    Does the army need AKs? Sure, they have to shoot folks over distance where skill is not valued but actually 🤬 killing the guy trying to 🤬 you means numbers of bullets matter and aim less so.
    guess what: shooting folks OVER A DISTANCE and trying to actually 🤬 them means aim matters a lot. in fact, aim matters in literally every situation where you'll use a firearm.

    but the thing is, this is a stupid argument because the situation has NOTHING to do with the type of gun used. if the guy had left a pistol on the table and the kid killed someone with it, would you say, "nah, it's cool because that pistol can fit in his bedside table?"

    blame the guy who was irresponsible with his property and let's keep it moving.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm calling bs on all these adolescent killings.

    It really seems like a trend at this point
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Stitch wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Why do citizens need an ak47?
    They don't, but that doesn't mean they don't desire the right to have them.

    I'm not against gun ownership if you're a farmer or a hunter who needs a rifle to take out livestock at a distance so you don't stress them out and make the meat bad, but I don't see why anyone needs military grade rapid fire weapons in their home. A well kept semi-auto or revolver should be enough if you need to protect your home and aren't expecting a SWAT team home invasion.

    This kid is a killer for the rest of his life on record because of this. 🤬 knows what kind of prospects he will have.

    They are semi...you cant legally sell "military grade" weaponry to citizens...

    I'm talking hand guns, not rifles. You only need rifles for long distance and half the point of using a rifle is being skillful with it, being able to make a single shot count over distance because laser sights mean 🤬 over distance, Now, if someone busts in your home, I'm assuming you're not factoring in wind shear from 120 feet away. 🤬 , how you even gonna keep a rifle in your nighstand or line that 🤬 up in close range? A .22 or nine will fit in your bedside drawer, an AK47 won't. Does the army need AKs? Sure, they have to shoot folks over distance where skill is not valued but actually 🤬 killing the guy trying to 🤬 you means numbers of bullets matter and aim less so. Hunters and homeowners aren't facing the same prospects as armed forces servicemen.

    nope, no dice.

    the military is not out here firing aimlessly down range, we but lead on target. you have to qualify to use every weapon, and that means you have to be precise. whether that's a 9 mil or a GAU.

    same with my AK, trigger locked and on safety by the bed. here something in the house? lock off, safety house and properly clear my whole house in a timely precise fashion.

    precision and safety, precision and safety, precision and safety