What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Christians, are you ready to abandon your religion?

13567

Comments

  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    The works science takes credit for was already known by people aeons ago with a higher connection to 🤬 . .

    Gross exaggeration

    They did not know how to split an atom, or that corporal punishment in childhood leads to domestic violence in adulthood, or that corticosteroids are excellent drugs for reducing inflammation caused by IBD and arthritis

    They did not even know enough about hygiene to prevent the black death


  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    religion never actually does the work of proving it
    much of what religion says has been proven to be ineffective or less desirable than alternatives

    If you do not want to do it then why are you doing it? because it has to be done
    Unless it is involuntary it makes no sense
    It's not self control if you're doing what others want, it's them controlling you

    Religion never claims to want to prove everything, it's faith and never denies to be.
    what others want is not important. I of my own freewill choose to follow my religion

    If you do what you want then how are you doing what you do not want?
    It makes no sense
    you changed your definition of discipline and now you have a paradox where people are doing what they want but not doing what they want

    If someone is consciously doing something then they must want to do it
    just because Joe wants to eat McDonald's but chooses not to does not mean he is not doing what he wants, he just wants to not eat McDonald's more

    In your instance of people doing what they must: if they have to do it then they had no choice in the matter
    discipline is not even relevant if this is the definition you choose




    No matter what definition of discipline you decide to choose next science has to capacity of helping us learn how we can alter it for better and worse

    You are confusing what I am saying, when i spoke of doing what I want I was talking about me willingly following my religion even when it means doing what I don't want to. so if you can willingly do what you don't want to then you have discipline. I did not change the meaning of discipline I thought you already knew what I was talking about an how I was using the word. I consciously pay bills I don't want to every month.

    AS FOR the bolded SCIENCE CAN HELP people do what they willing want to do. GETTING people to do want they do not want to do is another matter.

    In your example it seems that you do what you do not want (pay bills) because you would rather pay bills than suffer the consequences of not paying bills
    If that's the case then you are doing what you want



    If by getting people to do what they do not want you mean this:
    In its natural sense, discipline is systematic instruction intended to train a person, sometimes literally called a disciple, in a craft, trade or other activity, or to follow a particular code of conduct or "order

    Science has already shown us how we can not only better discipline our kids so they obey but it has also played a big role in the development of propaganda, the evolution of advertising (aka the art of making people buy your 🤬 ) and the creation of various brainwashing techniques

    The method itself does not do it if that's what you mean but it can show us how to improve the ways we do it
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Most secular knowledge is either false, corrupt, or already standing on the basis of a higher knowledge. The works science takes credit for was already known by people aeons ago with a higher connection to 🤬 . The powers that be control all this information, and we run with it without consulting our own consciousness. At the end of the day, a lot of what we "know" and "understand" is what we choose to. We know it because we BELIEVE it's true. I'm not a religious nut, but I'm not gonna knock anyone's religious beliefs and in the same breath take a science article seriously because it was monetarily funded.

    Ehh not fully true. Priests and religious people often held back a lot of scientific progress, remember what Galileo went through. Also remember the most progress in science took place after the Black Plague, when religion proved a horrible tool for curing the diseases running rampant. Scientists dared look away from prayer and faith and holy books, and science hasn't looked back ever since. So not sure why you'd say most secular knowledge is false or corrupt, it's done a lot to fix the problems of the world.

    Of course, I know about the religious doctors and scientists who have existed, but the vast amount of scientific discovery for the past 100+ years is without question secular in nature. For what it's worth, a large amount of scientists and doctors are atheist, agnostic, or are non religious.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    religion never actually does the work of proving it
    much of what religion says has been proven to be ineffective or less desirable than alternatives

    If you do not want to do it then why are you doing it? because it has to be done
    Unless it is involuntary it makes no sense
    It's not self control if you're doing what others want, it's them controlling you

    Religion never claims to want to prove everything, it's faith and never denies to be.
    what others want is not important. I of my own freewill choose to follow my religion

    If you do what you want then how are you doing what you do not want?
    It makes no sense
    you changed your definition of discipline and now you have a paradox where people are doing what they want but not doing what they want

    If someone is consciously doing something then they must want to do it
    just because Joe wants to eat McDonald's but chooses not to does not mean he is not doing what he wants, he just wants to not eat McDonald's more

    In your instance of people doing what they must: if they have to do it then they had no choice in the matter
    discipline is not even relevant if this is the definition you choose




    No matter what definition of discipline you decide to choose next science has to capacity of helping us learn how we can alter it for better and worse

    You are confusing what I am saying, when i spoke of doing what I want I was talking about me willingly following my religion even when it means doing what I don't want to. so if you can willingly do what you don't want to then you have discipline. I did not change the meaning of discipline I thought you already knew what I was talking about an how I was using the word. I consciously pay bills I don't want to every month.

    AS FOR the bolded SCIENCE CAN HELP people do what they willing want to do. GETTING people to do want they do not want to do is another matter.

    In your example it seems that you do what you do not want (pay bills) because you would rather pay bills than suffer the consequences of not paying bills
    If that's the case then you are doing what you want



    If by getting people to do what they do not want you mean this:
    In its natural sense, discipline is systematic instruction intended to train a person, sometimes literally called a disciple, in a craft, trade or other activity, or to follow a particular code of conduct or "order

    Science has already shown us how we can not only better discipline our kids so they obey but it has also played a big role in the development of propaganda, the evolution of advertising (aka the art of making people buy your 🤬 ) and the creation of various brainwashing techniques

    The method itself does not do it if that's what you mean but it can show us how to improve the ways we do it


    I don't pay bills because of fear I do so because I have decided that it's the correct thing to do even through I don't really want to do it. i'm going to try clean this up to make it clearer for you. The desire to do what you don't want to do is the discipline created by religion, It's internal and self created.

    You don't want to get obedience through instruction, you don't want to lead the person by any outside code. The problem with using a scientific method to create discipline is that it's not self created and internal so it's not true discipline what you described is training.

    Why do you think Christians stress finding your own relationship with 🤬
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    religion never actually does the work of proving it
    much of what religion says has been proven to be ineffective or less desirable than alternatives

    If you do not want to do it then why are you doing it? because it has to be done
    Unless it is involuntary it makes no sense
    It's not self control if you're doing what others want, it's them controlling you

    Religion never claims to want to prove everything, it's faith and never denies to be.
    what others want is not important. I of my own freewill choose to follow my religion

    Every alleged miracle listed in the bible is intended to be proof of divine existence. The Egyptian plagues, walking on water, the pillars of fire and clouds, etc.

    You really gonna sit there and say you've never heard a Christian say "Lawd gimme a sign!!"?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't you tired of living your daily lives logically, only to abandon the very same common sense that allows you to place one foot ahead of the other in order to walk, just to defend a useless ideology?

    Don't you get tired of having the same analogies regurgitated in your face knowing full and we'll you can't relate to men living in whales and talking bushes?

    Doesn't it make you nauseous to have to commune with hypocrites, liars, and gossipers every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday?

    Is the music really so good that you would humiliate yourself in front of people, yelling gibberish and dancing like a tap dancing Uncle Tom?

    Have you grown weary of having to live according to an outdated, mistranslated, plagiarized collection of fables for the sole purpose of appeasing people you could care less for?

    Are you ready to take responsibility for your life and hold yourself accountable for your actions instead of passing the blame and praise on fictitious demons and angels?

    Turn from this farce of a life. Embrace logic, science, knowledge, and the potential of the human species. It's not too late.

    3372221_o.gif

    I felt like that Suge gif was missing from the o/p so i fixed it.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    religion never actually does the work of proving it
    much of what religion says has been proven to be ineffective or less desirable than alternatives

    If you do not want to do it then why are you doing it? because it has to be done
    Unless it is involuntary it makes no sense
    It's not self control if you're doing what others want, it's them controlling you

    Religion never claims to want to prove everything, it's faith and never denies to be.
    what others want is not important. I of my own freewill choose to follow my religion

    Every alleged miracle listed in the bible is intended to be proof of divine existence. The Egyptian plagues, walking on water, the pillars of fire and clouds, etc.

    You really gonna sit there and say you've never heard a Christian say "Laws gimme a sign!!"?

    I meant religion does not claim to know the in and out of how the universe works.your whole response is a straw man.

    so troll harder none of what you said has a 🤬 thing to do with what I said
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynMembers Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    The works science takes credit for was already known by people aeons ago with a higher connection to 🤬 . .

    Gross exaggeration

    They did not know how to split an atom, or that corporal punishment in childhood leads to domestic violence in adulthood, or that corticosteroids are excellent drugs for reducing inflammation caused by IBD and arthritis

    They did not even know enough about hygiene to prevent the black death

    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Most secular knowledge is either false, corrupt, or already standing on the basis of a higher knowledge. The works science takes credit for was already known by people aeons ago with a higher connection to 🤬 . The powers that be control all this information, and we run with it without consulting our own consciousness. At the end of the day, a lot of what we "know" and "understand" is what we choose to. We know it because we BELIEVE it's true. I'm not a religious nut, but I'm not gonna knock anyone's religious beliefs and in the same breath take a science article seriously because it was monetarily funded.

    Ehh not fully true. Priests and religious people often held back a lot of scientific progress, remember what Galileo went through. Also remember the most progress in science took place after the Black Plague, when religion proved a horrible tool for curing the diseases running rampant. Scientists dared look away from prayer and faith and holy books, and science hasn't looked back ever since. So not sure why you'd say most secular knowledge is false or corrupt, it's done a lot to fix the problems of the world.

    Of course, I know about the religious doctors and scientists who have existed, but the vast amount of scientific discovery for the past 100+ years is without question secular in nature. For what it's worth, a large amount of scientists and doctors are atheist, agnostic, or are non religious.

    If we are talking about the European era of religion, then yeah... those particular groups have held back all levels of thinking. Like I said, a lot of this stuff has been known already by the Sumerians, Egyptians, Dogon, etc. A good amount of the scientific innovations of the past 100 years is based on mistakes we have made over those same 100 years. The holders of these knowledges have driven us from our own nature into the only path where those knowledges can be applied. Yeah, we have smaller phones and faster cars, but we are dying faster than ever because of what man has put out there as "life". The Black Plague ain't got 🤬 on AIDS (man made) and cancer caused by cigarettes alone. The USDA puts grade A poision on our shelves, and we eat it cuz it's "tasty" or "healthy". The atom split was one of the worst things we have ever done... why that is considered a scientific achievement is beyond me. Yeah, it's an alternative source of energy, but so is solar energy... and they've spent a hell of a lot more time making bombs than energy panels. Our lack of a conscious, which comes from a higher perspective from this physical world, allowed us to accept our own downfall as "the way it is". If I'm wrong on this information, correct me. But the fact still remains... we destroy ourselves without moral compass to intervene.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    The works science takes credit for was already known by people aeons ago with a higher connection to 🤬 . .

    Gross exaggeration

    They did not know how to split an atom, or that corporal punishment in childhood leads to domestic violence in adulthood, or that corticosteroids are excellent drugs for reducing inflammation caused by IBD and arthritis

    They did not even know enough about hygiene to prevent the black death

    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Most secular knowledge is either false, corrupt, or already standing on the basis of a higher knowledge. The works science takes credit for was already known by people aeons ago with a higher connection to 🤬 . The powers that be control all this information, and we run with it without consulting our own consciousness. At the end of the day, a lot of what we "know" and "understand" is what we choose to. We know it because we BELIEVE it's true. I'm not a religious nut, but I'm not gonna knock anyone's religious beliefs and in the same breath take a science article seriously because it was monetarily funded.

    Ehh not fully true. Priests and religious people often held back a lot of scientific progress, remember what Galileo went through. Also remember the most progress in science took place after the Black Plague, when religion proved a horrible tool for curing the diseases running rampant. Scientists dared look away from prayer and faith and holy books, and science hasn't looked back ever since. So not sure why you'd say most secular knowledge is false or corrupt, it's done a lot to fix the problems of the world.

    Of course, I know about the religious doctors and scientists who have existed, but the vast amount of scientific discovery for the past 100+ years is without question secular in nature. For what it's worth, a large amount of scientists and doctors are atheist, agnostic, or are non religious.

    If we are talking about the European era of religion, then yeah... those particular groups have held back all levels of thinking. Like I said, a lot of this stuff has been known already by the Sumerians, Egyptians, Dogon, etc. A good amount of the scientific innovations of the past 100 years is based on mistakes we have made over those same 100 years. The holders of these knowledges have driven us from our own nature into the only path where those knowledges can be applied. Yeah, we have smaller phones and faster cars, but we are dying faster than ever because of what man has put out there as "life". The Black Plague ain't got 🤬 on AIDS (man made) and cancer caused by cigarettes alone. The USDA puts grade A poision on our shelves, and we eat it cuz it's "tasty" or "healthy". The atom split was one of the worst things we have ever done... why that is considered a scientific achievement is beyond me. Yeah, it's an alternative source of energy, but so is solar energy... and they've spent a hell of a lot more time making bombs than energy panels. Our lack of a conscious, which comes from a higher perspective from this physical world, allowed us to accept our own downfall as "the way it is". If I'm wrong on this information, correct me. But the fact still remains... we destroy ourselves without moral compass to intervene.

    Yeah modern science isn't perfect, greed and research going too far does hurt people out there. Careless packaging and harmful chemicals in modern foods and products do cause problems, but overall a lot of positives have occurred too. People are living longer and are healthier then ever before, so give modern science credit. If it wasn't for modern medicine, a lot of kids in 3rd world countries would still have parasites growing from their skin. Old fashioned, religious based research couldn't fix that stuff, while modern medicine has created a lot more healthier people. And people are dying in big numbers true but it's often for self inflicted reasons, like you said smoking, eating too much (diabetes) and suicide. Otherwise, we're living longer and are healthier then ever before, life expectancy is up.

    Otherwise I agree with you, people aren't looking at things from a humanity based or spiritual based way of living anymore and it is hurting us. Our society is all about greed and resources for the few.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz No Prep, No Glory Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Thread is based on ignorance and stupidity and a total misunderstanding of the religion, nothing more than DUMB stereotypes about Christians. Following the principles of the Christian 🤬 is a way to strength power and discipline science and religion are not mutually exclusive. does SCIENTIFIC Knowledge help you be a better father or husband or help you build character or teach you economic and general life principles??? NO
    Tell that to the family who refuses to abort 🤬 induced pregnancy, stem cell therapy, and vaccinations but religiously pay tithy and offerings to the elusive "building church fund", thinking they're getting over because that dollar in a dish is getting deducted from their taxes.

    Their is a beautiful atheist woman out their who hates getting her 🤬 ate, just for you my brother.

    Ok so some people are dumb the same can go for any group of people, This is a troll thread you don't really want to seriously discuss anything, this thread is just an excuse to bash religion in particularly Christianity.

    Have I not seriously contested your earlier post? Unlike the repetitive and insensitive Christian recruiters of the internet, I have directly addressed your concerns in this thread.

    Walk away from your religion today.

    No you HAVE NOT. You replied by giving me an example of rare Christian extremist viewpoint most Christians see nothing wrong with vaccinations or even abortions for 🤬 if done very soon after the 🤬 and their are many many churches with REAL BUILDING FUNDS. Offerings are needed to keep the church running nothing is wrong with it, if you want a roof over your head you pay for it.

    How do you know what most Christians do? Those are the most widely publicized characteristics attributed to Christians and considering the fabled "holy book" encourages faith over action, miracles over practical solution, and prefers 🤬 over 🤬 , it's best to leave this disgusting lifestyle and fully embrace normalcy an sanity.

    I aim that question right back at you.

    ME BEING a Christian who has actually studied the religion as a whole, I believe that should qualify me more than you to say what the majority of Christians believe. It's not faith over action it's action enveloped with faith because faith without works is dead and practical solutions practiced for the clear good and pray for miracles when in hopelessness or doubt. My lifestyle is beautiful now and when I was in poverty.

    This is the internet. The intricacies of every culture is readily available at your fingertips. So even if you didn't believe me if I said that I've studied Christianity as a whole, historically, globally, and culturally, it ain't hard to do.

    You're better than the religion you defend.
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    🤬 started a war that killed 60 million people. Stalin death toll is estimated to be over 20million. Yet we don't lump all Athiest together and think they are going to start a repressive government and systematic ly slaughter people. But we do for religion for some reason

    🤬 wasn't an Atheist.

    Dont quote Mein Kampf or his various speechs when they were known to be used as political tools. his propaganda minster and war production minister both gave testimony on the fact that he was openly against the church.

    "Around 1937, when 🤬 heard that at the instigation of the party and the SS vast numbers of his followers had left the church because it was obstinately opposing his plans, he nevertheless ordered his chief associates, above all Goering and Goebbels, to remain members of the church. He too would remain a member of the Catholic Church he said, although he had no real attachment to it. And in fact he remained in the church until his suicide."
    Straight from Albert Speer memoir.
    Sounds like every Christian ever.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniverseMembers Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is hard to read and yes science can establish discipline, but there needs to be a question why, what, where, and how first to establish a logical reasoning for this particular discipline and etc. But it's much easier to learn from The Creator. So...yeah pointless thread.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniverseMembers Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can a 🤬 with absolutely no belief system challenge another mans system of beliefs? Smh

    It's called logical analysis and reasoning why they can question it. What you are trying to say from a moral perspective which is an emotional response not a logical response.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    You know what i mean
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is hard to read and yes science can establish discipline, but there needs to be a question why, what, where, and how first to establish a logical reasoning for this particular discipline and etc. But it's much easier to learn from The Creator. So...yeah pointless thread.

    No that's instruction/training, religiously created discipline has no set logical method and in facts it's true discipline because it's not imposed upon you from the outside.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    You know what i mean

    No, I don't know what you mean. I can only know the words in which you use. Whatever Yeshua's actual mission and purpose were, there is no guarantee that they were what the founders of Christianity claim them to be. It's been proven that the bible was co-opted and mistranslated several times over. You can say you're following Christ's teachings, but that doesn't make it so.

    And why would you want to anyway? Those teachings are outdated and largely useless in today's society. Let go of your religion and choose a higher path, one that you determine for yourself.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    You know what i mean

    No, I don't know what you mean. I can only know the words in which you use. Whatever Yeshua's actual mission and purpose were, there is no guarantee that they were what the founders of Christianity claim them to be. It's been proven that the bible was co-opted and mistranslated several times over. You can say you're following Christ's teachings, but that doesn't make it so.

    And why would you want to anyway? Those teachings are outdated and largely useless in today's society. Let go of your religion and choose a higher path, one that you determine for yourself.

    No those teachings are not outdated i use them all the time and so do millions of people all over the world, I agree that through out history the collection of scriptures called the bible has been used by evil men for evil purposes but it's words are still the truth and can be trusted that's the faith period

    i do determine my path and i have determined that the teachings of the christ are the truth and in them i have found all things, a way to peace, wealth and joy and strength and much more if you have not found the same things in those teachings then tuff 🤬 for you, you have my sympathy.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    Whose your favorite Christ like figure from history? Mine is Hercules. He died and came back from the dead too, plus I'm sure he could kick Jesus' ass. Horus is second. Funny how Horus' story is so much like Jesus' story.....
  • waterproof
    waterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionMembers Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    And we all know this, this is nothing new, Yah deals with the spirit not flesh, we all can reach Christ consciousness, and yes their was others

    But there is only one King of Kings, The High Priest, The Messiah Yahshua
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    And we all know this, this is nothing new, Yah deals with the spirit not flesh, we all can reach Christ consciousness, and yes their was others

    But there is only one King of Kings, The High Priest, The Messiah Yahshua

    Yeshua was a man. Enlightened as he may have been, assuming he actually existed, he was just a man, not to be elevated above you or I.

    We should all strive to be superior men but there is no reason to value another's existence over your own. You don't need a messiah, a king, or a savior. You can do all of that for yourself by arming yourself with life's resources at your disposal.

    Throw your religion to the wayside. You will be just fine without it. You too @DoUwant2go2Heaven
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    You know what i mean

    No, I don't know what you mean. I can only know the words in which you use. Whatever Yeshua's actual mission and purpose were, there is no guarantee that they were what the founders of Christianity claim them to be. It's been proven that the bible was co-opted and mistranslated several times over. You can say you're following Christ's teachings, but that doesn't make it so.

    And why would you want to anyway? Those teachings are outdated and largely useless in today's society. Let go of your religion and choose a higher path, one that you determine for yourself.

    No those teachings are not outdated i use them all the time and so do millions of people all over the world, I agree that through out history the collection of scriptures called the bible has been used by evil men for evil purposes but it's words are still the truth and can be trusted that's the faith period

    i do determine my path and i have determined that the teachings of the christ are the truth and in them i have found all things, a way to peace, wealth and joy and strength and much more if you have not found the same things in those teachings then tuff 🤬 for you, you have my sympathy.

    There are people that still use a single metal blade to shave. That doesn't make it less obsolete in comparison to razors with multiple blades or electric shavers. My point is that there are some really nice philosophical ideas in the bible, but they aren't anything that logic and compassion wouldn't lead a competent mind to imagine on its own.

    Calling Yeshua "THE Christ" is playing semantics. You can call Obama "THE President" but that doesn't make him the only President on the planet. "Christ" isn't a name, it is a title and you could claim it for yourself if only you stopped limiting yourself with Christian thought.

    Anoint yourself. Appoint yourself.
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    Whose your favorite Christ like figure from history? Mine is Hercules. He died and came back from the dead too, plus I'm sure he could kick Jesus' ass. Horus is second. Funny how Horus' story is so much like Jesus' story.....

    Off the top of my head, Marcus Garvey. The US government 🤬 him over, but he was a genius with a great course of action for his people.

    Co-sign Horus. Damn shame Christians stole his story.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    You know what i mean

    No, I don't know what you mean. I can only know the words in which you use. Whatever Yeshua's actual mission and purpose were, there is no guarantee that they were what the founders of Christianity claim them to be. It's been proven that the bible was co-opted and mistranslated several times over. You can say you're following Christ's teachings, but that doesn't make it so.

    And why would you want to anyway? Those teachings are outdated and largely useless in today's society. Let go of your religion and choose a higher path, one that you determine for yourself.

    No those teachings are not outdated i use them all the time and so do millions of people all over the world, I agree that through out history the collection of scriptures called the bible has been used by evil men for evil purposes but it's words are still the truth and can be trusted that's the faith period

    i do determine my path and i have determined that the teachings of the christ are the truth and in them i have found all things, a way to peace, wealth and joy and strength and much more if you have not found the same things in those teachings then tuff 🤬 for you, you have my sympathy.

    There are people that still use a single metal blade to shave. That doesn't make it less obsolete in comparison to razors with multiple blades or electric shavers. My point is that there are some really nice philosophical ideas in the bible, but they aren't anything that logic and compassion wouldn't lead a competent mind to imagine on its own.

    Calling Yeshua "THE Christ" is playing semantics. You can call Obama "THE President" but that doesn't make him the only President on the planet. "Christ" isn't a name, it is a title and you could claim it for yourself if only you stopped limiting yourself with Christian thought.

    Anoint yourself. Appoint yourself.
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    Whose your favorite Christ like figure from history? Mine is Hercules. He died and came back from the dead too, plus I'm sure he could kick Jesus' ass. Horus is second. Funny how Horus' story is so much like Jesus' story.....

    Off the top of my head, Marcus Garvey. The US government 🤬 him over, but he was a genius with a great course of action for his people.

    Co-sign Horus. Damn shame Christians stole his story.

    A old style razor is often a better blade and gives a better cut than the expensive new razors therefore it is not obsolete, the other systems of belief i find to be lacking, what you consider to be compassion may not be to someone else what is good in your logical system may be evil for someone else. That is a fact.

    I find the idea of any man anointing himself to be a christ deeply disgusting it's the epitome of arrogance and arrogance is the worst of all human traits.

    There is only one christ that was anointed to bring salvation to all mankind
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY GRAB HER BY THE PUDDING! ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP DAAAAW!!!Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    You know what i mean

    No, I don't know what you mean. I can only know the words in which you use. Whatever Yeshua's actual mission and purpose were, there is no guarantee that they were what the founders of Christianity claim them to be. It's been proven that the bible was co-opted and mistranslated several times over. You can say you're following Christ's teachings, but that doesn't make it so.

    And why would you want to anyway? Those teachings are outdated and largely useless in today's society. Let go of your religion and choose a higher path, one that you determine for yourself.

    No those teachings are not outdated i use them all the time and so do millions of people all over the world, I agree that through out history the collection of scriptures called the bible has been used by evil men for evil purposes but it's words are still the truth and can be trusted that's the faith period

    i do determine my path and i have determined that the teachings of the christ are the truth and in them i have found all things, a way to peace, wealth and joy and strength and much more if you have not found the same things in those teachings then tuff 🤬 for you, you have my sympathy.

    There are people that still use a single metal blade to shave. That doesn't make it less obsolete in comparison to razors with multiple blades or electric shavers. My point is that there are some really nice philosophical ideas in the bible, but they aren't anything that logic and compassion wouldn't lead a competent mind to imagine on its own.

    Calling Yeshua "THE Christ" is playing semantics. You can call Obama "THE President" but that doesn't make him the only President on the planet. "Christ" isn't a name, it is a title and you could claim it for yourself if only you stopped limiting yourself with Christian thought.

    Anoint yourself. Appoint yourself.
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

    do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

    as in deuternorium etc

    dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

    Christian follow the teachings of Christ

    Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

    Whose your favorite Christ like figure from history? Mine is Hercules. He died and came back from the dead too, plus I'm sure he could kick Jesus' ass. Horus is second. Funny how Horus' story is so much like Jesus' story.....

    Off the top of my head, Marcus Garvey. The US government 🤬 him over, but he was a genius with a great course of action for his people.

    Co-sign Horus. Damn shame Christians stole his story.
    This will always be dodged by the brainwashed. This will never make mainstream news either because of brainwashing also. It's the same with the muslims story. They all took the story and flipped it, then molded it to fit their culture. I also find it disturbing that nobody thinks it's weird that these epic stories are always centered around arabs and europeans. The language, the locations, the practices, etc etc. Black folks worshiping jews and arabs, speaking their languages etc etc. Now why would the oldest people on earth who first set up advanced civilizations be involved with this outside stuff?

    And that story isn't just exclusive to egypt, it's just the most popular. It's several other places in africa that have similar stories that are much older. The only thing that differs from the popular egyption story was the names though. I also find it funny that these people would laugh at people worshiping the sun as 🤬 . This actually makes more sense than any of the invisible 🤬 that those religions teach smh.

Sign In or Register to comment.