What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Lucy: Why I'm Tired of Seeing White People on the Big Screen (An Article Fron The Huffington Post)

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB all these dollars.. no sense. Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    huey wrote: »
    I like me a redhead

mannnnn..
    iv done professed my undying love for them on this site on many occassions. smmfh
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Way UpMembers Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All her articles go in on white people or are centered around black people. She don't mess with these CACs at all.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp

Olivia-Cole-225x300.jpg
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Yeah she got something to say about alot of cac 🤬 .
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just explaining to my homegirl why I wont be seeing Exodus. Looks like it'll be a good movie except theres no people of color in it. Hollywood's whitewashing seems to be getting worse these days. But things will never change, lord knows we'll never get a Black Panther movie from Marvel.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Welp

Olivia-Cole-225x300.jpg

Modern day accomplishments in cosmetics.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this woman. We need more people to protest against racist Hollywood. Better yet, turnoff the tv and read a book.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there should be an "I actually read all that" gif...
    although I just skimmed
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good article, but not much is going to change in Hollywood when it comes to whitewashing.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what's worse the whitewashing of today or the black face hollywood did back in the day?
  • UinitiatedMgt
    UinitiatedMgt Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    She appears to be the red-headed chalk counterpart to Tim Wise.
  • Avenue Crazy
    Avenue Crazy Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I bootleg everything

• Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I bootleg everything

hollywood ran by crackas. 🤬 a mainstream hollywood movie. we need more panther 🤬 a capn crackamerikkka. i rather watch belly for the 3 hunneth time than watch another recent whitewashed hollywood movie.

• Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her neck looks like it'll snap if she's bobbing her head while....

But i respect her stance on this besides the fact that she keeps going to see dozens of the same whitewashed movies a year.

Its hard to avoid white washed films if you watch films
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cavemen wont put this on the news though...
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taeboo wrote: »
    I wonder what's worse the whitewashing of today or the black face hollywood did back in the day?

I'd rather black culture be omitted than mocked
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Her neck looks like it'll snap if she's bobbing her head while....

But i respect her stance on this besides the fact that she keeps going to see dozens of the same whitewashed movies a year.

Its hard to avoid white washed films if you watch films
    True but I wouldn't/don't support that 🤬 by going to see 12 whitewashed movies a year.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy was bootybuttcheeks. I'm mad I sat thru that 🤬
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see 🤬 changing unfortunately. Whitewashing has gotten steadily worse over the past 15 years or so. At least in the 90s/early 2000's there was still a noticeable amount of Black TV shows and films. Now for the most part, all we have to choose from are Tyler Perry films/TV, ratchet Black reality shows, or films that only depict us as slaves or subservient (The Butler, 12 Years a Slave, The Help, D'jango, etc.)

And I refuse to watch any of that 🤬 . The only way I see things changing is if Blacks collectively stopped supporting all of these predominately White films and stop praising/spending $ on films that continuously depict us as nothing more than subservient negros or coonish caricatures.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Nothing left to prove Bay Area, CAMembers Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't been to the movies in years....none of them films move me enough to go anymore....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't been to the movies in years....none of them films move me enough to go anymore....

C/S the bold.

I went and saw American hustle in theatres last December. It was the first time since 05 since I went and watched a movie and I can honestly say there was only about five movies worth watching in theatres during those eight years.

Same ol 🤬 over and over again.