What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Should NINTENDO wave the white flag to SONY/MICROSOFT??

Lustchyld
Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in IllGaming
Let's face it--they've long been removed from the top video game company spot. At what point do you say, "we're losing business, it's time for change"??

Should NINTENDO wave the white flag to SONY/MICROSOFT?? 39 votes

Yes
20%
suzyscrewwillhustleblack caesarBcotton5e650VulcanRavenLustchyldMasterJayN100 8 votes
No
69%
dalyricalbanditdontdiedontkillanyonRecaptimus_Prime360blakfyahkingscrapper1zombieBroddieachewon87afro thunderearth two supermanKarl.PILL_COSBYYamoleySenseiLPastStoneColdMikeyL3NUCo_Town_MichaelMeekMonizzLLLLLLe14CashmoneyDuxParallel 27 votes
on the fence
10%
Lou CypherCottonCitySlimSplackavellijvlioo 4 votes
«13

Comments

  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasMembers Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    No
    Nintendo has their own lane.
    They got the handheld market on lock.
    They're losing money because they're not giving people what they want but they're starting to come around.

    edit: What does Microsoft and Sony even have honestly?
    Both companies rushed their "next-gen" console out with no games on it.
    🤬 so bad right now, 🤬 are getting hyped over a beta, a Halo collection, and a remake of The Last of Us.

    No one is really winning the war, and Nintendo has been doing terrible financially.
    But in reality, they aren't that far behind.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    How's Nintendo doing in Jaoan, Europe,Canada, and etc?
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    No
    Nintendo has their own lane.

    This. Nintendo hasn't played by the same rules as their competitors for almost 20 years now. Even Nintendo and Microsoft's own CEO's will tell it; the industry won't be the same without Nintendo in it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    No
    How's Nintendo doing in Jaoan, Europe,Canada, and etc?

    In Japan? better than Sony. Europe's been Nintendo's worst market every gen but they're doing better over there now that Mario Kart has boosted Wii U hardware and software sales out there. Don't know about Canada. Overall Nintendo's Wii U is trailing Sony's PS4 by about 2 million worldwide. Both are ahead of Xbox One.

    Nintendo 3DS has 3 times the install base of the Playstation Vita. 3DS right now is leading the console game market in terms of install base this gen. Especially in Japan. Just 2 weeks ago got their next million seller in Japan (Yokai Watch 2) which is already at almost 2 million units sold in less than a month over there.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No...

    WTF are my kids supposed to play?...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    nah. but this generation they're gonna struggle in consoles. their handhelds will always keep them rich though.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    He'll no. They've dropped some of the best games of the year.

    They just need to restrategize on the Wii U.
  • jvlioo
    jvlioo Detroit.Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    on the fence
    Karl. wrote: »
    He'll no. They've dropped some of the best games of the year.

    They just need to restrategize on the Wii U.

    Yeah the just really need to work on the whole online play experience.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Na they the only company doing the games they do. Even if you don't like that 🤬 there is now reason to want them out of business.
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    brown321 wrote: »
    Na they the only company doing the games they do. Even if you don't like that 🤬 there is now reason to want them out of business.

    look at it like the dope game--if you holdin weight, and the competion still dealin in ounces, they need to keep it movin because they in the way. Those with ambition are gonna wanna corner the market

  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lustchyld wrote: »
    brown321 wrote: »
    Na they the only company doing the games they do. Even if you don't like that 🤬 there is now reason to want them out of business.

    look at it like the dope game--if you holdin weight, and the competion still dealin in ounces, they need to keep it movin because they in the way. Those with ambition are gonna wanna corner the market

    If we go by this analogy then you're saying that Xbox should get out of the marathon (which is what it always is and not a race).

    If you look at the revenue streams in the industry today a great chunk of that is reduced if Nintendo pulls out of the hardware business which will then be significantly damaging to the entire industry as a whole.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lustchyld wrote: »
    brown321 wrote: »
    Na they the only company doing the games they do. Even if you don't like that 🤬 there is now reason to want them out of business.

    look at it like the dope game--if you holdin weight, and the competion still dealin in ounces, they need to keep it movin because they in the way. Those with ambition are gonna wanna corner the market

    gtfohwtbs
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Broddie wrote: »
    Lustchyld wrote: »
    brown321 wrote: »
    Na they the only company doing the games they do. Even if you don't like that 🤬 there is now reason to want them out of business.

    look at it like the dope game--if you holdin weight, and the competion still dealin in ounces, they need to keep it movin because they in the way. Those with ambition are gonna wanna corner the market

    If we go by this analogy then you're saying that Xbox should get out of the marathon (which is what it always is and not a race).

    If you look at the revenue streams in the industry today a great chunk of that is reduced if Nintendo pulls out of the hardware business which will then be significantly damaging to the entire industry as a whole.

    I ain't saying Nintendo should pack up their bags and move elsewhere cuz they are winning the handheld market, but I'm certain Sony/Microsoft could make a handsome offer for stock/shares in their company if not buy out their console interests entirely. Nothing lasts forever and for what its worth, I still think Nintendo has the most brilliant minds in the industry on their payroll. But you gotta quit while you're ahead sometimes.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ this thread, i don't 🤬 with nintendo at all but even i got to say 🤬 outta here.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah..... They run the handheld game easily
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't even know why they still make hardware.DS sells great, but that is only because of Pokemon.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the fence
    Im on the fence about it. Ive read though that Nintendo could keep going at this rate of losses for a couple decades because they got so much money.

    I like nintendo games, but ive never been a fan of handheld gaming like the DS. 🤬 dumb to me for some reason. Havent played a Handheld game since pokemon yellow version.

    I just wish they would step their game up in technology. Give us a zelda with xbone/ps4 graphics. A mario Kart at that quality would be amazing. They're still releasing games that dont have voices. i hate reading games now lol.
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sion wrote: »
    SMMFH @ this thread

    If you're #1 in market share by leaps and bounds in an industry where 2 giants with more money than you, better technology than you and are bigger then you still can't 🤬 your moat WHY in the blue hell would you "wave a white flag" ? Sometimes I wonder if yall playing with a full deck when yall make these threads -_-*......

    This is honestly like telling Disney to call it quits against Lionsgate and 21st Century Fox because they're movies don't have as much gore, sex and violence -_-*.... ok but who's number 1 and who brings home the checks ? Stupid 🤬 I swear..... SMMFH

    troll post
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    No
    June NPD software sales numbers

    npdjune2014gamesvhsys.jpg

    OK so Mario Kart 8 a single SKU (meaning only available on ONE platform) brought in revenue greater than the top 2 Watch Dogs SKU's combined (PS4 & 360) in the US this past June.

    The only single SKU's on the entire top 10 are for both Nintendo platforms.

    Nintendo's entries in the NPD top 10 for June brought in a combined revenue of over $28 million in ONE month. Mario Kart 8 sold damn near 3 million units in ONE month which is an unprecedented number in itself but most especially for something that isn't multiplat. This is just in the US let's not even get into the revenue Yokai Watch 2 (3DS) has brought in with it's 1 million plus launch in Japan a couple of weeks back.

    This means the games on Nintendo's platforms still have a huge audience out in the world. So why should they stop? 40% of Wii U owners worldwide now own Mario Kart 8. That's an insane attach rate.

    Now that Mario Kart 8 is out they're also getting new Wii U adopters on a worldwide level. Sales have been up in Europe, US and Japan since MK8's launch. They have even more games on that level in the release pipeline within the next year for both Wii U and 3DS (both Smash Bros. 4 SKU's, Zelda U & western localization for Yokai Watch for example as well as the Pokemon remakes) that should keep the momentum flowing.

    Yet Nintendo should consider falling back? lmfao

    Some of you should never ever consider starting your own individual business cause you really lack the education.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't even know why they still make hardware.DS sells great, but that is only because of Pokemon.

    Yet over 25 of the Nintendo 3DS million sellers aren't related to Pokemon in anyway. Great logic there. 3DS sells great because it has software that actually appeals to gamers.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah but other than handhelds, Nintendo is getting beat and will continue to get beat. Putting out trash consoles since N64.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not before they make an M rated mario game
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Im on the fence about it. Ive read though that Nintendo could keep going at this rate of losses for a couple decades because they got so much money.

    I like nintendo games, but ive never been a fan of handheld gaming like the DS. 🤬 dumb to me for some reason. Havent played a Handheld game since pokemon yellow version.

    I just wish they would step their game up in technology. Give us a zelda with xbone/ps4 graphics. A mario Kart at that quality would be amazing. They're still releasing games that dont have voices. i hate reading games now lol.


    C/s the bolded.

    That has been my biggest gripe about Nintendo. That and lack of 3rd party support.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Im on the fence about it. Ive read though that Nintendo could keep going at this rate of losses for a couple decades because they got so much money.

    I like nintendo games, but ive never been a fan of handheld gaming like the DS. 🤬 dumb to me for some reason. Havent played a Handheld game since pokemon yellow version.

    I just wish they would step their game up in technology. Give us a zelda with xbone/ps4 graphics. A mario Kart at that quality would be amazing. They're still releasing games that dont have voices. i hate reading games now lol.


    C/s the bolded.

    That has been my biggest gripe about Nintendo. That and lack of 3rd party support.

    The bolded isn't about third-party support though.