What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Why do Blacks in South Africa need Affirmative Action?

indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
It makes no sense whatsoever to me. It's like a robber comes into your home, takes control of it and tells you that you need permission do certain things in your own home.
http://www.voanews.com/content/south-african-affirmative-action-faces-criticism-on-tenth-anniversary/1779584.html
10 Years In, South African Affirmative Action Faces Criticism

JOHANNESBURG— South Africa is observing the 10th anniversary of the law that brought affirmative action to the workplace for black South Africans. The Black Economic Empowerment law - commonly known as BEE - was meant to redress decades of inequality by implementing quotas for black workers in South African companies. Ten years later, however, the policy has its share of critics.

Some say BEE also has deterred black entrepreneurship and has given black South Africans a sense of entitlem
ent.

Dumbest statement ever!! How can they not be entitle to what's rightfully theirs?

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because white people control most of the wealth and power there. It might be the ancestral home of the Black South Africans, but they don't have the control there.
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    same reason aboriginals and Hawaiians need it

what they need even more is a hostile takeover
  • indyman87
    we need to start a boycott. here is a small list of US companies in South africa. The minority rulers really just need to get out.

http://www.southafrica.info/business/investing/globalcomps.htm#.VBM5zPldXXo
    Hertz
    levi Strauss
    Volkswagon
    general Electric
    Cisco Systems
    BMW
    Barclays Bank
    Alcatel
    Acer
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when are Volkswagon and BMW US companies?
  • indyman87
    Right. But they do have a strong presence in the US.
  • indyman87
    It's amazing how two small groups the National Party and the Broederbond took control and still control South africa. Maybe africans aren't as tough as they seem after all because they folded like dominos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrikaner_Broederbond
    In other words, the traditional, deeply pious Calvinism of the Afrikaners, a pastoral people with a difficult history in South Africa since the mid-17th century, supplied an element of Christian predestination that led to a determination to wrest the country from the English-speaking British and place its future in the hands of the Afrikaans-speaking Afrikaners, whatever that might mean for the large black and mixed-race population.

• Copper
    I remember reading a book on apartheid when I was in HS and being disgusted at how a minority could take over South Africa while being out numbered like 15 to 1
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame Mandela how you gonna come out of jail talkin bout peace and working together. As long as those devils control the jobs and wealth black folk will never get out from under the hand of oppression
  • Copper
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I blame Mandela how you gonna come out of jail talkin bout peace and working together. As long as those devils control the jobs and wealth black folk will never get out from under the hand of oppression

I dont blame Mandela but the power structure needed to be changed.....rights are worthless unless you have power to do for your people
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    indyman87 wrote: »
    we need to start a boycott. here is a small list of US companies in South africa. The minority rulers really just need to get out.

http://www.southafrica.info/business/investing/globalcomps.htm#.VBM5zPldXXo
    Hertz
    levi Strauss
    Volkswagon
    general Electric
    Cisco Systems
    BMW
    Barclays Bank
    Alcatel
    Acer

boycott south africa? what an original and contemporary idea. i wonder why that's never been done before.

:-|
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    indyman87 wrote: »
    The minority rulers really just need to get out.
    oddly enough, it actually seems to work better if they don't just roll out but instead make that transition to "non-🤬 -up former colony." now perhaps that transition is what has issues but hey
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I blame Mandela how you gonna come out of jail talkin bout peace and working together
    yeah, it's weird how that peaceful stuff worked out much better than some unrealistic civil war fantasy