What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Dear White People (2014)

BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Looks funny. Doubt it will get a nationwide release. With a title like that i dont see many white folk going to theaters to see it.

Comments

• BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Max.Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested
  • marc123marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested
  • marc123marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
  • wilberdmillzwilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, checking the out opening weekend...........if it gets shown here.
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh Idk
    Bunch of militant black hipsters.
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

A lot of progress was nudged along by the College educated White middle class in the United States
    Most of the early support from Whites during the civil rights movement came from that group

Their black counterparts seem like the perfect group to keep pushing progress in a direction that will ensure a more egalitarian atmosphere

Yea I don't agree with everything they sayin in that trailer, but imam throw some support at the film. Rarely ever a black film being made that isn't Tyler Perry or a slave/civil rights movie.

Yea it looks interesting.
    Did I see lil Chris from everybody hates Chris?
  • #1hiphopjunki3#1hiphopjunki3 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna check this out. Doubt it comes to where I'm located though. Smh
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if this 🤬 is good or not
    Bunch of fake militant black hipsters.

• The_ManThe_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not interested, it's 2014 and people are still talking about this 🤬 ? catch up people, movie looks like a grown and sexy production.
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »

A lot of progress was nudged along by the College educated White middle class in the United States
    Most of the early support from Whites during the civil rights movement came from that group

Their black counterparts seem like the perfect group to keep pushing progress in a direction that will ensure a more egalitarian atmosphere

dang..you so smart!
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »

dang..you so smart!

Not about smarts at all

It's ridiculous to discredit something just because of its source, the idea that something is misguided or incorrect because it comes from Hipsters included

fact of the matter is a lot of these hipster types are well educated and their views aren't necessarily coming from a place of ignorance
    and the group has a history of doing some amicable things that have benefited African Americans
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill check it out
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather throw the twenty to a stripper for a lap dance.
    I bet the producers are white $$$))
  • Wu-TangWu-Tang Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    Same thing I thought when I saw the real trailer in the movie theater. The real trailer is worse and the movie looks horrible. I see they released this one to help it out a bit, but the comedy is so dry and not funny at all.
    The movie makes the black people seem like they don't want to do something because it is not "black enough" and they are held back because they are stuck in their "black ways". (quotes are what the movie is implying)
  • BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu-Tang wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    Same thing I thought when I saw the real trailer in the movie theater. The real trailer is worse and the movie looks horrible. I see they released this one to help it out a bit, but the comedy is so dry and not funny at all.
    The movie makes the black people seem like they don't want to do something because it is not "black enough" and they are held back because they are stuck in their "black ways". (quotes are what the movie is implying)

kinda how I felt watching the first episode of Blackish