What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

FX cancels The Bridge

1CK1S1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
the_bridge_pilot.jpg

FX is burning The Bridge. The cable network announced Tuesday that it has canceled the Diane Kruger-Demián Bichir drama after two seasons.

Based on the popular Danish-Swedish series of the same name, the series followed two detectives on opposite sides of the U.S.-Mexico border. (It's been a popular format, also translating to a U.K.-French version.) Both seasons were critically well-received, but FX's The Bridge suffered from a problem not uncommon to many prestige dramas in the ever-growing scripted landscape. It maintained a modest audience, and that critical favor never translated to any awards buzz.

While The Bridge did nab a Peabody in 2014, it never garnered any Emmy or Golden Globe nominations. And the ratings were small compared to FX juggernauts like American Horror Story and Sons of Anarchy. The 3 million viewers who tuned into the 2013 premiere were never duplicated, and much of the sophomore episodes hovered at or below the 1-million mark in live-plus-same day showings. Even as FX (and all networks) shift focus to time-shifting, The Bridge was not performing at the same level as much of its healthy catalog of originals.

It was a scripted debut for Shine America, which recently launched Gracepoint on Fox. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the studio is going to pursue other options for the series. "We thank our partners at FX for their tireless efforts in developing and launching The Bridge with us," re[ad a statement. "From its fresh, unique voice to its deep and diverse ensemble cast, this is a series that we are all very proud of."

FX has a rather large stable at the moment, recently ordering second seasons of freshman Tyrant, The Strain and Emmy darling Fargo — and giving a straight-to-series order to Ryan Murphy's Horror spin-off of sorts, American Crime Story.

On the comedy front, the network also has new seasons planned for Louie, Archer and Married (You're the Worst has also been picked up but is moving to FXX). Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, The Comedians and Zach Galifianakis vehicle Baskets are also on deck.

Comments

  • S.jR.S.jR. "Living, breathing exigent circumstances." Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks but maybe Netflix could give it a run. Glad Tyrant is getting another season.

    American Crime Story seems interesting but will it be like True Detective?
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooo


    But you know what im not even..THAT mad because the main story completely played itself out.. instead of getting cut due to the cancellatio

    Honestly I think shows should have similiar runs ...



    I wished I could have seen what el Paso and Mexico would be like with the new players but I loved this show and again I am glad the story was completed. Had a good run will definitely miss it
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tyrant started good but then got very corny and predictable. dam and i got all of season 2 on dvr...time to just delete them 🤬 ...that spanish police officer wife was the main reason i watched..🤬 was bad
  • marc123marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It sucks but maybe Netflix could give it a run. Glad Tyrant is getting another season.

    American Crime Story seems interesting but will it be like True Detective?

    Tyrant was solid.

    2nd season is gonna be a full 13 episodes.
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been meaning to watch this show for ever. It constantly pops up on my Hulu account.
  • J. WillJ. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 ..
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It sucks but maybe Netflix could give it a run. Glad Tyrant is getting another season.

    American Crime Story seems interesting but will it be like True Detective?

    Tyrant was solid.

    2nd season is gonna be a full 13 episodes.

    my issue with that show is the across the board horrible acting...especially the main actor...get him outta of there
  • marc123marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It sucks but maybe Netflix could give it a run. Glad Tyrant is getting another season.

    American Crime Story seems interesting but will it be like True Detective?

    Tyrant was solid.

    2nd season is gonna be a full 13 episodes.

    my issue with that show is the across the board horrible acting...especially the main actor...get him outta of there

    Acting was solid imo
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It sucks but maybe Netflix could give it a run. Glad Tyrant is getting another season.

    American Crime Story seems interesting but will it be like True Detective?

    Tyrant was solid.

    2nd season is gonna be a full 13 episodes.

    my issue with that show is the across the board horrible acting...especially the main actor...get him outta of there

    Acting was solid imo
    Especially Jamal he was to thorough
Sign In or Register to comment.