What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Whats your favorite Spike Lee joint

BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Whats your favorite? If not listed comment what it is.

Whats your favorite Spike Lee joint 54 votes

Do the Right Thing
22%
BroddiehueyKarl.BDBIIDAlready Home_17goldenjaJDSTAYWITITBuilt 4 cuban linxMeta_ConsciousLUClENSplackavelliWiseGuyy 12 votes
Crooklyn
3%
playboy buddy roseYoungChamp 2 votes
Clockers
1%
BoogaSuga 1 vote
School Daze
1%
HarlemThumzUp 1 vote
Malcolm X
53%
gnstexas409marc123white715dj pre-kCracceRzombiejee504lord nemesisjonoachewon87themadlionsfancobblandclairvoyanceillestni99ainneGlockLesnar S.jR.Chi-Town BullyLike WaterBilly_Poncho 29 votes
He Got Game
11%
numbaz...80's babyTRILLip BrooksA$AP_A$TONSuperSoakerBangEm_Bart [Deleted User] 6 votes
Jungle Fever
0%
other
5%
Will MunnyKing of GACitySojourner 3 votes

Comments

• BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockers
    Damn forgot to add Summer of Sam
  • Mally_GMally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Mo Better Blues...?
    Clockers
    Mally_G wrote: »
    No Mo Better Blues...?

🤬 . Im on my phone 🤬 up my own poll.

I meant to put that up too but for me, its not even in my top 5 spike joints. Def deserves a spot on the poll.

(Cant edit a poll tho)
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a hard choice i cant really call it
    Clockers
    Crooklyn is a close 2nd for me. I could pop in Crooklyn anytime and enjoy it.

But Clockers is great. Scorcese was on set helping and with Harvey Keitel it felt like a mashup of Spike, Scorcese, & Tarantino flicks all in one.
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Right Thing
    tough choice between do the right thing and malcolm X
  • illestni99ainneillestni99ainne I let ur gal suck me off from da back and ur moms giv me cornrows on my crack cuz Im nasty like that Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    Get yo hand out my pockets!
  • _Goldie__Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Malcolm X
    Not a big Spike Lee fan, but Malcolm X is one of my top 10 films of alltime.
  • freshb651freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    too many classics !
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Right Thing
    I seen that malcolm x movie about 100 times and the ending always damn near brings me to tears
  • King of GAKing of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    Out of that choice, Malcolm X easy...but when I first say the question my initial thought was Mo Betta Blues...
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Right Thing
    she hate me gets honerable mention. anthony mackies character got to smash and impregnate both dania ramirez and kerry washington at the same damn time in that flick.
  • #1hiphopjunki3#1hiphopjunki3 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    So many great movies. Malcolm is my favorite but school days and Mo better Blues are great also.
    Clockers
    Damn. Didnt think Malcolm X would take it so easily
  • jee504jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    rolling with Malcolm X.
    still think Denzel got robbed that year.
  • So ILLSo ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    freshb651 wrote: »
    too many classics !

• gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    tough choice between do the right thing and malcolm X

Only cause of Rosie's 🤬 though
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    Damn forgot to add Summer of Sam

There is no need.
  • dj pre-kdj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    Girl 6 lol
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He Got Game
    Shout out to Inside Man
  • HarlemThumzUpHarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    School Daze
    they all dope. But School Daze is my all time favorite for Spike
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    Malcolm X is his Magnum Opus...

Shame Denzel was the only one to get a nod in regards to this film, but he was not beating out Pacino in Scent of a Woman for that Oscar...

It got slighted, bio flicks usually resonate with the Academy but didn't that year?

*Unforgiven – Clint Eastwood*
    A Few Good Men – Rob Reiner, Andrew Scheinman
    Howards End – Ismail Merchant
    Scent of a Woman – Martin Brest
    The Crying Game – Stephen Woolley

Scent of a Woman was probably the best flick in that list but lost to Unforgiven...

Top 3 joints are...

Malcolm X
    Do the Right Thing
    He Got Game

Shout out to 25th Hour for Ed Norton getting his inner Holden Caulfield on...

• rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even his last film Oldboy was dope IMO and he was back to form on that joint even though the studio cut out a lot of reels ..
  • clairvoyanceclairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X
    they all dope. But School Daze is my all time favorite for Spike

"When I say gamma you say punk...Gamma!"