What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

I taught my black kids that their elite upbringing would protect them from racism. I was wrong.

Comments

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh at his son being scared of white people feelings if he tells but white people are the ones who caused your emotional distress, this 🤬 needs to go ahead and buy his son some conk and skin bleaching cream
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionMembers Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting read, actually.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniverseMembers Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    I'm in no way a 🤬 . I'm all support for black strengthening and nation building. Now, we have that out of the way. What's are some tactics can we start putting in place to strengthen the black family and the reality of the world?

I'm in no way a 🤬 = I have plenty of black friends

whenever you have to start a sentence with "I'm in no way a 🤬 " you sir are a 🤬

False.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least he ain't afraid to let his hair grow... You check a lot of these "bold" black guys, they say they don't care bout what 🤬 as think but they make sure they get that slavecut every Friday! Can't have too much niggerhair, it's ugly and bad luck!
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But he and many from that generation got it wrong...
    Copper wrote: »
    trying to shelter your kids from racism and teaching them that their above the fray bc of economic status is a sure fire way to raise a 🤬 , black republican or just a plain idiot

Agreed
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The author is kinda crazy really. His family was one of the first to integrate a rich white family, and he claims the experience was bad, yet when he has his family, he does his best to surround them with a bunch of white people. How does that make sense?

Integration was a good thing, but people like his parents getting the mindset that the best thing to do with integration was to move over to the white side of town instead of using their newfound rights to help build up the black side of town is part of why black neighborhoods are still 🤬 up.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPMembers Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The author is kinda crazy really. His family was one of the first to integrate a rich white family, and he claims the experience was bad, yet when he has his family, he does his best to surround them with a bunch of white people. How does that make sense?

Integration was a good thing, but people like his parents getting the mindset that the best thing to do with integration was to move over to the white side of town instead of using their newfound rights to help build up the black side of town is part of why black neighborhoods are still 🤬 up.

So was integration it really a good thing?

I feel for his kids cause they only know how they were raised. As for the father 🤬 him and all the black people like and his wife. Funny and 🤬 up thing is when people like him get into some 🤬 they always want to run back to black people for support and like fools most black give them that support and get nothing in return. Cause once the situation is over these people go back to doing, acting and living like they were before which is saying 🤬 those black people I'm not like or part of them.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaaaaaan, get the 🤬 outta here. People REALLY don't get it. Race is race. Preppy clothes, speaking there King's english, going to private school, etc, has no bearing on if certain people look at you as a 🤬 or not. It just doesn't. You do a disservice to your kids when you handle them as such.
  • The Lonious Monk
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I feel for his kids cause they only know how they were raised. As for the father 🤬 him and all the black people like and his wife. Funny and 🤬 up thing is when people like him get into some 🤬 they always want to run back to black people for support and like fools most black give them that support and get nothing in return. Cause once the situation is over these people go back to doing, acting and living like they were before which is saying 🤬 those black people I'm not like or part of them.

Yes, integration is a good thing. Some people win the lottery and then use the money to screw up their lives. As a result they wind up worse off than they were. The results don't change the fact that winning the lottery is a good thing. Some people are just too stupid to wisely capitalize on such a winfall. The same goes for integration. It opened up a lot of new opportunities for black people that could have been used to uplift the black community. The problem isn't with integration, the problem is that people believed the most important benefit of integration was being able to rub elbows with white people. When in reality, the most important benefit was being able to take a bigger piece of the American infrastructure which could have and should have been used to uplift Black communities.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the son never experienced racism until he got to college?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind just read it, still making it to 15 years old without experiencing some 🤬 like that is hard to believe
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole story sounds fake.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like i aways says never fully assimilate.. we lose...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPMembers Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, integration is a good thing. Some people win the lottery and then use the money to screw up their lives. As a result they wind up worse off than they were. The results don't change the fact that winning the lottery is a good thing. Some people are just too stupid to wisely capitalize on such a winfall. The same goes for integration. It opened up a lot of new opportunities for black people that could have been used to uplift the black community. The problem isn't with integration, the problem is that people believed the most important benefit of integration was being able to rub elbows with white people. When in reality, the most important benefit was being able to take a bigger piece of the American infrastructure which could have and should have been used to uplift Black communities.

I respect what you saying and that makes plenty of sense and it has plenty of truth in it as well. Personally I am still torn about integration and how positive it was for black people.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    integration was all way bad for blacks. 🤬 that. ive started many threads on the subject. its the worse thing that has happened to us other than slavery and racism itself
  • deadeye
    deadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1of1 wrote: »
    I read this a week ago and something after the article threw me off (like it was fictional) so I decided not to make this thread. I was confused at the wording of what I saw so I still don't know if this is fictional.

Same thing I was thinking.

Realistic scenario....but a fake/troll story.

The family looks like actors on a sitcom from the 70's or 80's.

Almost like it was part of a skit on a comedy show or something.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemMembers Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christine-Butler-167-of-310-e1415221342316.jpg&w=1484

Yall 🤬 falling offf

Smash on his wife,

Now to actually contribute to the thread

I have yet to encounter a real act of racism other than playing games on the internet or when I ride the train and the white ladies clutch there 🤬
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    The oldest son look 🤬 af
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ima say this.

White ppl wasn't gon let blacks have their own "country" inside their country.

That would have started a war foreal.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The oldest son look 🤬 af

Lil wonderbread 🤬 looks like

candyman-2.jpg
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the community of Greenwood (AKA "Black Wall Street") in Tulsa, OK would disagree with you on integration being a good thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood,_Tulsa,_Oklahoma

• The Lonious Monk

I think the community of Greenwood (AKA "Black Wall Street") in Tulsa, OK would disagree with you on integration being a good thing

What does that have to do with integration? If anything, that was a pretty segregated area. Hell, there is a good possibility that all that 🤬 went down the way it did because the whites were mad that the black part of town was better in many ways than the white part of town. You're almost making a case that segregation is bad because this is an example of what white people do when blacks start to rise a little too high on their own.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He got that 🤬 wakeup call
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

What does that have to do with integration? If anything, that was a pretty segregated area. Hell, there is a good possibility that all that 🤬 went down the way it did because the whites were mad that the black part of town was better in many ways than the white part of town. You're almost making a case that segregation is bad because this is an example of what white people do when blacks start to rise a little too high on their own.

bruh......after the riots destroyed Black Wall Street, desegregation laws were passed

the black community hasn't had anything close to Black Wall Street ever since which is what is sorely needed

SMH @ your logic when effects of segregation is what created Black Wall Street

the minute we integrated we've never been able to consolidate our resources in a similar manner cause 🤬 🤬 been raised to believe patronizing a white business is better
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭

You're trying to make it sound like dude is oblivious to racism and that he doesn't give back to the community. Did you read the article? Cause I'm wondering where you're getting that. Yes, what this couple is doing is problematic in many ways, but that doesn't mean that their usual attitude is like "🤬 black people."