What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Supreme Court Justice Scalia Rips Apart Ferguson Grand Jury Decision

dr funky resurrecteddr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in The Social Lounge
From Supreme Court Justice Scalia:

scalia.jpg

"It is the grand jury’s function not ‘to enquire … upon what foundation [the charge may be] denied,’ or otherwise to try the suspect’s defenses, but only to examine ‘upon what foundation [the charge] is made’ by the prosecutor. neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/26/3597322/justice-scalia-explains-what-was-wrong-with-the-ferguson-grand-jury/

Comments

• TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Members Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good 🤬
  • God_YunnGod_Yunn You paid for that The 40-9Members Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just.....wow. That couldn't of been Scalia. I'm scared the link might be a virus before I believe he would say that.
  • BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then again i did see Nancy Grace on CNN earlier defending Mike Brown & going hard on officer Wilson so it's all upside down today.
  • D0wnD0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proably opposite day for the kkk...
    Or maybe Ferguson tearing 🤬 up, and 🤬 protesting every where got em shook
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think ill stay in the house for the rest of the week
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJMembers Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go google him up

• cannonspike1994cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    Then again i did see Nancy Grace on CNN earlier defending Mike Brown & going hard on officer Wilson so it's all upside down today.

she defended trayvon
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow pigs are flying for real
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nancy grace is actually pretty left wing. I think you may be confusing her with the blonde idiots on fox news
  • BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nancy grace is actually pretty left wing. I think you may be confusing her with the blonde idiots on fox news

Ann Coulter is insane. Shes the one they spoofed on Boondocks.

Nancy Grace always seemed right wing to me. I cant stand her. I always turn it when shes on.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Did Yall even Read the article this Justice did not say this in regards to 🤬 in Fergueson
  • A Talented OneA Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    If I remember correctly this is from his PREVIOUS statements from years ago. Not a direct response to Ferguson. It just so happens his statement is relevant to Ferguson.

He didnt directly say this as a response but rather the article is using this as to say: "Even the most batshit conservative on the SCOTUS knows this is sum 🤬 ."

And yes when I read it I was damn near floored.

And that's something the OP should have made clear.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh so now he cares about the legal system, where has he been?
  • dr funky resurrecteddr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly this is from his PREVIOUS statements from years ago. Not a direct response to Ferguson. It just so happens his statement is relevant to Ferguson.

He didnt directly say this as a response but rather the article is using this as to say: "Even the most batshit conservative on the SCOTUS knows this is sum 🤬 ."

Once again you are correct. I didn't know he said this years ago til after I posted it lol

I wasn't aware til later
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't aware til later

tumblr_nfbd66eJn01qfw6kdo4_400.gif

dbc.gif
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

she defended trayvon

And Oscar Grant
    deadeye wrote: »

I wasn't aware til later

tumblr_nfbd66eJn01qfw6kdo4_400.gif

dbc.gif

Ain't nobody got time to fix mistakes lol
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    so many hurt feelings over Scalia, guys, come on