What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Curious Case of Cesaro

jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unityMembers Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
There is always such sadness at the current booking of Cesaro, who is essentially a job guy. How did this happen...more importantly why did this happen?

When WWE Chairman Vince McMahon went on Steve Austin's podcast, where Austin inquired about Cesaro's current status, Vince said Cesaro wasn't connecting because he lacked "IT" and had no charisma....and Vince wonders why people believes he is out of touch, did he not hear the Wrestlemania crowd or the following RAW ovation for Cesaro? What could this man be thinking? I think I know what the problem was and it wasn't that Cesaro lacks charisma or that he wasn't connecting, it was and probably still is simply no place for him at the time.

Let's go back to Wrestlemania, Cesaro had won the Andre The Giant Battle Royal and was hot property...as a babyface. WWE then ties Cesaro to Paul Heyman (a heel) and begins trying to push Cesaro as a too heel...an it fails miserably thus leaving Cesaro where he is now, but WHY turn Cesaro heel for no reason? That's the wrong question because there was a reason but they still didn't have to turn him heel.

The reason is that WWE already had about 6-7 main event babyfaces and didn't have as many main event heels so they attempted to push Cesaro as a heel to fill that void. On the babyface side you had John Cena, Daniel Bryan, The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns), Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus. WWE's top heels were Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and to a much lesser extent Bad News Barrett (notice I left out Batista, Triple H and Brock Lesnar who are part timers). So you see there was a place for Cesaro and it was as a heel.

Upon turning Cesaro heel they tried feuding him with their lower top faces Sheamus and Dolph and while the matches were awesome the crowd connection for Cesaro never quite clicked, so unfortunately they gave up.

Since then of course The Shield broke up, The Wyatts broke up, Randy Orton has gone on sabbatical, we know CM Punk is not returning, Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan and Bad News Barrett all got hurt so are there open spots now?

Well..let's see...Rusev stepped up and is a top level heel now, Luke Harper is quietly becoming a top heel as well, and Seth Rollins pretty much is the top heel in the company. Dean Ambrose is solidified as main event babyface and now there's an open spot...as a babyface...which is quickly being encroached upon by Damien Sandow and Erick Rowan, why not Cesaro? Could it be that he just missed the boat, or is the truth far more sinister?

Comments

• jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a matter of time. He only been in WWE 2-3 years, he has plenty of upside and eventually the people will come back.

He may be a Chris Benoit style face where Vince keeps him around because he's an excellent technical hand and a great physical presence even though he's not really all that good on the mic.

I don't think we hate Chris Benoit's career. Cesaro isn't exactly The Rock or anything so I don't expect Wrestlemania main event type pushes but a strong upper-midcard talent that can work both heel and face might collect one or two title runs in a few years.
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    He's still young, his career is still beginning. He needs charisma.
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's been booked terribly since WM

he got paired with heyman and all heyman did was praise lesnar every week before cesaro made his entrance
    he lost just about every match being aligned with Paul
    without any real explanation he's suddenly a "triple h guy", then proceeds to lose his following match
    they changed his theme music to some sound the alarm type 🤬
    they demanded he stopped using his swing move that got him crazy over with the crowd

wwe has done everything in their power to ensure their fanbase stopped giving a 🤬 about cesaro, and then have the nerve to blame him for not connecting with the crowd
    They stopped the big swing so that he could build momentum as a heel without popping the crowd, psychologically him pump faking the swing was meant to generate heat.

Once again...they were wrong.

I had forgotten about how Heyman used to spend the majority of that time boasting about Lesnar.

They did try to get over that "Swiss Superman" using Paul but eeeeeh I wouldn't say it worked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2014
    dude a beast

3oHyVKs.gif

Cxw2bgW.gif

cesaro-miz.gif

021714_Cesaro_Swing.gif

tumblr_mu2l2z9WoT1rjgvh1o3_400.gif
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • Max.Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude is crazy strong
  • eyes loweyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They 🤬 up big time. The push reigns has recieved should be cesaro. Brock vs cesaro wm > Brock vs reigns wm
    It's amazing they have a guy who is that strong, that he can body slam big show but he almost never wins even with all that strength.

Ad people call this the "reality era"
    once they put kneepads on him they started 🤬 on him
  • Dave2one6Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's hope and they will get it right. Ryback back. Ryback back.
    I think he is a late bloomer. It will take awhile for WWE to realize it (as it always does) but eventually the cream rises to the top.

Punk was jobbing to John Morrison, William Regal and Chavo Guerrero who are all pretty good wrestlers but had no real main event stature before WWE realized that te guy was good.

Jericho went through a lot even after he held the world title, same with Dolph and Daniel Bryan but eventually the crowds will be there and he will be more than ready.
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    I think he is a late bloomer. It will take awhile for WWE to realize it (as it always does) but eventually the cream rises to the top.

Punk was jobbing to John Morrison, William Regal and Chavo Guerrero who are all pretty good wrestlers but had no real main event stature before WWE realized that te guy was good.

Jericho went through a lot even after he held the world title, same with Dolph and Daniel Bryan but eventually the crowds will be there and he will be more than ready.

didn't he come out as champion after two of those feuds were over?
    its not jobbing if you win

didn't he come out as champion after two of those feuds were over?
    its not jobbing if you win

He came out a champion after all three. He won the ECW strap from Morrison and Chavo, he won the IC strap from Regal but he had to lose to them first in many cases.

Cesaro can easily get the wins back, it's not like he's being squashed.
  • willhustlewillhustle Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I think what they are doing with Cesaro is absolutely wrong. WWE is completely wasting his talent after winning that Andre The Giant battle royal dude should at least be/been IC Champion or near main event status. Instead all they had Cesaro do is job out to Ziggler & Sheamus in U.S. & IC Championship matches, put him w/Paul Heyman which they shouldn't have done, & now he's barely on PPV. Then you have Vince embarass Cesaro on a public damn broadcast. I still don't understand why you would do something like that to one of your best workers on the roster.

I wouldn't blame Cesaro if he walked out because the way WWE treats him they set him up for failure.
    It's only been 2-3 years. Cesaro isn't nearly as bad off as people think. The Miz was treated worse in his first few years. He was buried on commentary, treated like a laughingstock, given all sorts of corny TV roles, jobbed out and bullied by his coworkers and he main evented Wrestlemania due primarily to his willingness to stick to it and improve where they want improvement.

If the 🤬 Miz can do it, Cesaro can. 🤬 just got to stop being impatient. It's. It like Cesaro is losing to zack ryder or anything.
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man I miss Claudio OLE!!
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should be getting the push that Reigns is getting, but his merchandise doesn't sell so it won't happen
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    . 🤬 just got to stop being impatient.

this is 100% my main gripe with the IWC

• Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it just 🤬 me off more and more when i think of what vince said tho, 🤬 said no charisma and doesnt have it, while talking over steve mentioning the 🤬 ass booking, they made this 🤬 🤬 YODEL bruh. and he managed to get over multiple times, but vince gives the fans what they want??? 🤬 please, sheamus has never been over as a face and cesaros(used to) dolph and db's reaction kills his, but guess who we gon get