What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Microsoft finally sold more Xbox Ones than Sony did PlayStation 4s

MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silenceSomewhere in this Big Ol WorldMembers Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in IllGaming
xb1review_hedimg_630px_take1.jpg

winner-victory.jpg

Building on its success from last month, Microsoft has announced that the Xbox One was the number one selling console for November -- ending the PlayStation 4's almost year-long top spot. As Redmond tells it, by way of NPD Group data, its latest console was the best selling in the United States and the United Kingdom for last month. That price cut and killer lineup of exclusive software undoubtedly factored in pretty heavily there. Console sales overall are up in a few different ways as well. NPD says that hardware unit-sales have increased by three percent over last November when the PS4 and Xbox One launched, and that compared to sales from the first 13 months of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, they're up by 80 percent.

What else? All of the bundles that Microsoft and Sony threw together paid off in a big way. NPD says that game-plus-console packages were a "major factor" in the higher sales numbers, with one unnamed bundle ranking as the best-selling ever based on dollar sales.

We're still likely a ways off from Microsoft announcing exactly how many consoles it's sold total, but if the numbers continue to move in its favor that could soon change.

TG-xbox-ps4-face-off-winner.jpg
«1

Comments

  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much money they lost
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good for gamers, the bundles are great but will they still sell as well without the bundles?
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shipped or sold at retail level tho...
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silence Somewhere in this Big Ol WorldMembers Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i purchased a xbox one for 350 on amazon.com.great deal
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasMembers Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally only got one because it was at the lowest price it's probably gonna be at in it's life cycle on Black Friday.
    Literally the only reason why.
    I've probably turned it on 4 or 5 times tbh.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I wonder how much money they lost

    I don't think these companies make money off consoles. It's all about getting the consoles out there so they can sell content.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wanna see numbers
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halo master chief collection dropped in November so that probably helped as well.
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wanna see numbers

    XBO: 1.2 mill
    PS4: 820k

    So about a 400k difference in M$' favor, effectively cutting the PS4's lead in the US by half. A similar, and likely, repeat win in December would see XBO overtake a lead it took Sony 10 months to build in a mere 2 months.

    Interesting note:

    XBO had the biggest second November in video game history.

    1. XBO - 1.2M (November 2014)
    2. Wii - 981K (November 2007)
    3. PS2 - 919K (November 2001)
    4. PS4 - 820K (November 2014
    5. N64 - 764K (November 1997)
    6. Xbox 360 - 511K (November 2006)

    - XBO was also the best selling console in the UK for November
    - XBO sold more games in November in the U.S. than any other gen eight platform
    - More people logged into Xbox Live in November than any other month in the history of Xbox.

  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "halo effect"
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    i wanna see numbers

    XBO: 1.2 mill
    PS4: 820k

    So about a 400k difference in M$' favor, effectively cutting the PS4's lead in the US by half. A similar, and likely, repeat win in December would see XBO overtake a lead it took Sony 10 months to build in a mere 2 months.

    Interesting note:

    XBO had the biggest second November in video game history.

    1. XBO - 1.2M (November 2014)
    2. Wii - 981K (November 2007)
    3. PS2 - 919K (November 2001)
    4. PS4 - 820K (November 2014
    5. N64 - 764K (November 1997)
    6. Xbox 360 - 511K (November 2006)

    - XBO was also the best selling console in the UK for November
    - XBO sold more games in November in the U.S. than any other gen eight platform
    - More people logged into Xbox Live in November than any other month in the history of Xbox.

    I don't really get the significance of this for you XBots. This would be impressive if it had happened when the XB1 had first lowered the price to match the PS4. But I'm not really sure what's so great about the XB1 winning out one month, when they slashed prices the way they did for that month. I mean, for goodness sake, the PS4 is fourth on that list and they did absolutely nothing for Black Friday. Their deals were garbage. Go back and look at the discussions about it. Most of us said a week before Black Friday that the PS4 was going to get slaughtered.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE PRICE DROP REALLY HELPED.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz No Prep, No Glory Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I wonder how much money they lost

    I don't think these companies make money off consoles. It's all about getting the consoles out there so they can sell content.

    yeah, from the three, only nintendo sells their consoles with profit. Wii/wii u. After a few years, theyll make a profit on their consoles(new tech to produce and/or tech gets cheaper)
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz No Prep, No Glory Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    THE PRICE DROP REALLY HELPED.

    welcome back fam!
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silence Somewhere in this Big Ol WorldMembers Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I wonder how much money they lost

    I don't think these companies make money off consoles. It's all about getting the consoles out there so they can sell content.

    yeah, from the three, only nintendo sells their consoles with profit. Wii/wii u. After a few years, theyll make a profit on their consoles(new tech to produce and/or tech gets cheaper)

    Nintendo fell ass the way 🤬 off.wtf happened?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally only got one because it was at the lowest price it's probably gonna be at in it's life cycle on Black Friday.
    Literally the only reason why.
    I've probably turned it on 4 or 5 times tbh.

    LOL I almost bought one and I don't even want one because it was so cheap
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

    I don't really get the significance of this for you

    Someone asked for numbers, so I provided the facts. Not sure why that bothers you.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    THE PRICE DROP REALLY HELPED.

    welcome back fam!

    THANKS BROTHER...

    AS A HUGE SONY FAN,
    I GOTTA ADMIT, THAT EXCLUSIVE GAME LINE-UP FOR THE 4TH QUARTER IS WEAK...
    IT DEF PLAYED A FACTOR IN THESE X1 SALES TOO
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    THE PRICE DROP REALLY HELPED.

    welcome back fam!

    THANKS BROTHER...

    AS A HUGE SONY FAN,
    I GOTTA ADMIT, THAT EXCLUSIVE GAME LINE-UP FOR THE 4TH QUARTER IS WEAK...
    IT DEF PLAYED A FACTOR IN THESE X1 SALES TOO

    Yea, M$ really had a great fall lineup. Every one of their exclusives was received well. Having them all hit one after another each month in the holiday season was smart. They will likely do the same next year...

    August - Quantum Break
    September - Forza 6
    October - Rise of the Tomb Raider
    November - Halo 5: Guardians

    Plus whatever else is announced at E3.

    Right now, I believe Sony only has Uncharted 4 slated for Fall next year. That's not enough.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »

    I don't really get the significance of this for you

    Someone asked for numbers, so I provided the facts. Not sure why that bothers you.

    It doesn't bother me at all. I just don't understand how something selling more after its price is lowered warrants conversation. That should be expected. If they start selling XB1s for $5, it will become the best selling piece of technology of all time. Would that be special?
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    focus wrote: »

    I don't really get the significance of this for you

    Someone asked for numbers, so I provided the facts. Not sure why that bothers you.

    It doesn't bother me at all. I just don't understand how something selling more after its price is lowered warrants conversation. That should be expected. If they start selling XB1s for $5, it will become the best selling piece of technology of all time.

    By this logic, Wii U should have dominated so obviously price isn't all that matters.

    I don't remember you having a problem with PS4 sales when it was $100 cheaper than the XBO. Not sure why its an issue now with the XBO only being $50 cheaper than the PS4.

    Again, I was simply answering a question. Not sure how exactly you wanted the question about numbers to be answered, other than with numbers.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I can't differentiate whether this is the strictly business sub section or the arcade.