What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Steve Austin's criticism of Dolph Ziggler

jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unityMembers Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm listening to the podcast Austin put together with that Meltzer fella and he put forth some "advice" to Dolph and his work.

For starters he thinks Dolph isn't aggressive and tough enough nor has enough offense in his matches, he needs to dictate paces and stand toe to toe physically with his opponents. He used the blueprints of Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit and the Dynamite Kid standing toe to toe with opponents and being aggressive even though they were usually the smaller guys.

He thinks Dolph shouldn't sell after winning ("maintaining a position of power") and his biggest criticism is that Dolph sells too much. He talked about selling on a scale of 1-10 and not "redlining" after everything. Now Dolph is well know for his flop skills and I remember reading this before somewhere else about Curt Hennig, but bumping too much makes you look weak and so that's puts you in position to make your opponent look better than you do.

I don't think I've noticed his lack of aggression before but I have peeped his over selling, I don't really mind it that much but from how it was explained I can see how it could help.

Comments

• Max.Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 billy gun feelings
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I agree. Noticed that in the ladder match he took too many bumps. Like Cmon
  • RawAceRawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah,
    How the hell are u a showoff alpha male while also being an underdog
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Noticed that in the ladder match he took too many bumps. Like Cmon

yeah...I reckon they were trying to over-emphasize the underdog factor since Harper was the bigger guy....

seems like they have turned the underdog 🤬 to max with Zigs since Survivor Series
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »
    Yeah,
    How the hell are u a showoff alpha male while also being an underdog

It's the stupid 🤬 they keep doing with small guys where they keep being cast as underdogs. It's nonsense, at this rate Dolph is the next RVD.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never really thought of it quite like that, i feel what scsa sayin
  • DOPEdweebzDOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    They just need to give him another world championship run and stop making excuses for why he gets depushed.

Everybody wants to give a reason or a issue they find with a wrestler to why a wrestler isn't being pushed to the moon, when the bottom line is...

IF THE WWE WANTS YOU TO BE CHAMPION YOU WILL BE DESPITE ANY FLAWS. ASK ORTON, ASK CENA, ASK SID. 🤬 was Yokozuna any better than Dolph? Sure he was fat as 🤬 but cmon.

Success always has and always will come down to politics and 🤬 , you know it, they know it, we all do. The powers to be just don't want Dolph in that position, period and mask it under other 🤬 that smarks will rationalize and eat up via dirtsheets.

Remember when we will all regurgitated the 🤬 rationale that Shelton Benjamin didn't want "it" bad enough? I wonder how we all came up with that and actually passed that off as a "factually opinionated fact" in our collective heads...
  • BangEm_Bart BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong, it's a hit or miss and only works on different matchups. Luke Harper needs a push just as much as Ziggler so no it doesn't work. That's like Shawn Michaels dominating over undertaker, it doesn't add up.

Cena should not be dominating matches against rising opponents neither. This is what makes him corny.

I think once a wrestler gets enough wins under his belt, he should not be an underdog in the match but it depends on who he's wrestling. DB and Ziggler should not be underdogs to a Ryback, Rusev, Reigns or Cesaro type wrestler. Luke Harper hopefully will transition to the next Undertaker but I'd like him to clean up, get rid of the beard and be the good guy one day.
    I'm 🤬 , merry Christmas.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    someone like Zigg needs to battle bigger wrestlers like Bret did when he wrestled Taker,Diesel,Yankeem, Yoko, Shango etc he made them look like beast but he would atleast get some offense in to be able to make it look legit if he ever put the Sharpshooter on them and beat them with it
  • BangEm_Bart BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You right. That would be dope. The thing is Bret was a more well rounded wrestler. He could make big guys submit but Ziggler doesn't have that technique and skill like Bret. He'd have to out maneuver them, I guess. This is easily what made Bret better than Michaels.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolph was an amateur wrestler so he has some knowledge of the basics, he can do some grappling if he needs to, it wouldn't take much to mix it into his game right now.

The problem is his major spots, which he has few other than his fame asser and his finisher. He also needs to work getting that classic babyface comeback sequence.

All that would instantly change perception.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    Dolph was an amateur wrestler so he has some knowledge of the basics, he can do some grappling if he needs to, it wouldn't take much to mix it into his game right now.

The problem is his major spots, which he has few other than his fame asser and his finisher. He also needs to work getting that classic babyface comeback sequence.

All that would instantly change perception.

That clothesline of his where he does it twice, throws guy on turnbuckle and splashes on him, then a neckbreaker. Roars for the crowd to hype them up lol
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess with most faces, it seems like their "desperation offense" comes after a certain point in the match, with dolph its seems like his "desperation offense" comes after the bell rings
  • playboy buddy roseplayboy buddy rose Red hook brooklynMembers Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong, it's a hit or miss and only works on different matchups. Luke Harper needs a push just as much as Ziggler so no it doesn't work. That's like Shawn Michaels dominating over undertaker, it doesn't add up.

Cena should not be dominating matches against rising opponents neither. This is what makes him corny.

I think once a wrestler gets enough wins under his belt, he should not be an underdog in the match but it depends on who he's wrestling. DB and Ziggler should not be underdogs to a Ryback, Rusev, Reigns or Cesaro type wrestler. Luke Harper hopefully will transition to the next Undertaker but I'd like him to clean up, get rid of the beard and be the good guy one day.
    I'm 🤬 , merry Christmas.
    I think Luke Harper is the second coming of Bruiser Brody.... but with way more skill & agility.