What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

So does anyone here actually enjoy The New Day gimmick?

rabbitfoodrabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not just the individual wrestlers themselves, but the current gimmick as it has been shown to us. You got Kofi "dropping bars", Big E with his towel and Xavier repeating himself. Do you do it for The Day or are you still hoping this is leading to something more serious?

Comments

• Young GunnerYoung Gunner Members Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobek wrote: »
    Is anyone actually looking forward to this 🤬 ?

tumblr_nehx6jawsq1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Like most things WWE, we'll be intrigued then disappointed
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand what the gimmick is. I think it's kinda dumb but whatever.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks look some severely outdated 🤬 , still hoping it leads to something more serious.
  • lookdudelookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all i know is their entrance is hilarious
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    This reeks of Vince being behind the times.
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerMembers Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    This reeks of Vince being behind the times.

Yup full of stereotypes
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that they may be booking them this way

for the "Rocky Maivia effect"

make them happy go lucky awwww shucks babyfaces

crowd turns on them

they turn heel

I personally dont think creative is that clever tho

•   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im enjoying it while i can because vince aint never been this kind to black wrestlers.
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lookdude wrote: »
    What would be dope to me is these 3 in a "mafioso MMG" type gimmick

mmg(1).jpg

with MMG doing thier entrance

that would be so dope

oan

somebody go on head and do the photoshop lmao

while we are on gimmicks....

in this period of "sports entertainment"

gimmicks should be non existant

let them turn thier personality up to over 9000

the realism of the character is what has been

proven to work.....

• Smokey Tha BanditSmokey Tha Bandit NO FUCKS GIVEN Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

proven to work.....

thats sort of what WCW did and we all know how Vince feels about using WCW's ideas...

proven to work.....

This is pretty much what Kofi has done. Big E doing voices n' 🤬 ain't helping matters though.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just smh every time i think of how they didnt even TRY using big e with that "i need 5" 🤬 , the 🤬 was the purpose of puttin that in his theme?
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I have low expectations for it but let see where it goes
  • BangEm_Bart BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, they watered down the 🤬 outta Big E. They got this 🤬 look like a big ole smiling chuck and jiving goofball. Kofi Kingston too.

I think pope from TNA, Lashley and R-truth had the best in ring personality that just came off natural and not forced. I'm glad I stopped supporting this show. I don't see how 🤬 is paying 9.99 to support racism. I'll save my money and stream online.
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the story behind new day anyway? what's the reason for these 🤬 being so happy? how they go from that new nation angle in the summer to this 🤬 ? the fans aren't stupid. they know this gimmick is 🤬 and the three parties deserve better

I rewatched money in the bank from this year, and the crowd was going nuts for the brief 3 seconds kofi was at the top of the ladder touching the briefcase. you know what that tells me? even with his lack of character development, the fans still want him to succeed. ziggler doesn't have a story either, but he busted his ass for so long and the fans got behind him regardless of how terribly he's been booked. you think if kofi was to cut a promo, no smiles, no hand clap, talking about how he's tired of behind held down and under achieving, showed a bit more edge, the crowd wouldn't get behind him? big e should be booked as a monster, but they rather joke about how much he sweats. xavier woods could be the 2003 heel teddy long of this faction, ethering the crowd and creative weekly, pointing out the racial stereotype gimmicks the wwe has pushed pushed out over the decades and how the crowd eats it all up. white people hate the truth so of course this would get him heat

but no, they rather these 🤬 keep dancing and clapping while getting booed the 🤬 out of the building
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Regulator Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

mmg(1).jpg

TNA kinda already did it.

Kinda.

I dont like Xavier Woods thats what I dont like, dude seems too white washed or whatever you wanna call it.
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Regulator Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly hope there is a heel turn in the works, they've worked house shows as both heels & faces so it looks like the WWE has already tested both sides for the stable.

They not getting over with the fans right now, getting booed during live events

So they might as well go on and make that turn.
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

mmg(1).jpg

TNA kinda already did it.

Kinda.

I dont like Xavier Woods thats what I dont like, dude seems too white washed or whatever you wanna call it.

Duke is a nerd, which is fine because I am one too but it's not "cool", like it doesn't translate well to TV.

I think a heel turn would probably expose him terribly, I don't see him pulling it off.
  • DOPEdweebzDOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2014
    CM Punk and Daniel Brian are nerds, but they're white, so its ok, but a black man can't be a nerd for some reason and still be cool to some people. "Too white washed" or "Cornball".

I think if he was a nerd that was still an alpha male in terms of I can 🤬 whatever 🤬 comes my way and "a legit tough guy", then the nerd attachment or white washiness wouldn't even be a factor imo /rant

Anyways never seen the gimmick yet so I cant tell ya.
  • willhustlewillhustle Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just awaiting the heel turn.

the only thing that could make it worth it