What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

So Eminem Won The Grammy For Album Of The Year

Comments

• MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never knew Em dropped album,but oh well they got who they wanted
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black rappers should boycott the Grammys

By participating in the Grammys they're acknowledging that Macklemore and Eminem made the best rap albums over the past 2 years.

By boycotting the Grammys it says that Macklemore and Eminem winning the award for best album is nonsense.

I agree but these chumps aint passing up going to swanky parties, and rubbing elbows.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Irony in this if we go by critical acclaim and reviews a white mc should win next year as well for best rap album for RTJ2
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

By participating in the Grammys they're acknowledging that Macklemore and Eminem made the best rap albums over the past 2 years.

By boycotting the Grammys it says that Macklemore and Eminem winning the award for best album is nonsense.

I think you're actually upset that the four rap awards from last night were shared by Kendrick Lamar and Eminem......................

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Honestly, I think the only rap album I've listened to in its entirety that came out in 2014 is The Roots album. And then You SHoot Your Cousin.

Otherwise I can't even argue that Kendrick or Eminem should or shouldn't have won.

I just think its odd that a White rapper won best rap album two years in a row.

• BDBIID
    BDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So y'all saying schoolboy and Iggy's album >>>>>> my krazy life?

Don't know what drugs y'all on

He didn't listen to YG album.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    closet racist OP, who else was suppose to win this year?

last year we all had some beef, this thread is a grown man on his period crying

weve got black artist preforming all over the Grammys, everyone who doesnt win feels screwed
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    TheIraq wrote: »
    The Eminem hate is too strong on here lol..... Eminem got y'all 🤬 mad as 🤬 ....... Respect Em, 🤬 the Em stans.......
    Respect Em?
    Screen-Shot-2014-01-11-at-22.25.45.pngEminem-as-Britney-2.jpg

Whatever floats ur boat my g nh

you seem like the type of 🤬 baby that thinks Eminem doing comedy skits is worse then an rapper who actually taken lives and brags about it
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole, kanye, drake, Wayne, and some Indy artist will be nominated for album of the year if they release their albums in Time

100 percent true and a damn shame also, We dont even know if those albums are going to be good or not(Except the ones that came out) but we damn sure know already that they will automatically get that nom for their names alone
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoMembers Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from Cali and even I think YG is garbage.
    Problem>>>>>>YG
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Eminem hate is too strong on here lol..... Eminem got y'all 🤬 mad as 🤬 ....... Respect Em, 🤬 the Em stans.......
    Respect Em?

you seem like the type of 🤬 baby that thinks Eminem doing comedy skits is worse then an rapper who actually taken lives and brags about it

Whats this mean?

YG out here tellin on himself?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eminem dropped an album last year?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaMembers Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    white dont 🤬
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eminem's MMLP2 was a pretty good album, no hate from me. Bad Guy off that album is a classic
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Yea I don't know what he meant by that comment.

And I never said YG was lyrical. Neither is a lot of today's rappers. But don't tell me that My Krazy Life wasn't one of the dopest albums last year.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Problem dropped a mix tape and an album last year which of course no one heard about.

YG had the top westcoast album last year. Problem didn't even have top 50 smh
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what album did that cac release???
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from Cali and even I think YG is garbage.
    Problem>>>>>>YG

Okay.

There's people from Bedstuy that think Hov is wack.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

Plenty of Black rappers have won Grammys though so boycotting ain't the best move for just 2 years worth of rewards. Kanye has 21 Grammys, Jay-Z has 9 or 10 I think
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You think i give a damn about a grammy?"
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respect Em?

But 🤬 still 🤬 with the Chronic and 2000 and til waitin on Detox right???????

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of Black rappers have won Grammys though so boycotting ain't the best move for just 2 years worth of rewards. Kanye has 21 Grammys, Jay-Z has 9 or 10 I think

To add to your post, the people running the Grammys know that they 🤬 up big time last year when they gave Macklemore those awards over Kendrick.

They attempted to correct things this year by rewarding Kendrick with 2 awards & changing their minds about giving Iggy a bunch of awards. Believe me, they were gonna give her some awards, but the backlash started in the media and sites like this one, twitter, instagram, and FB. The backlash against Iggy was in the news (MSNBC) leading up to yesterday and the main reason there was so much backlash, was because of the epic misjustice of last year's Grammys. They also closed the show with pro-black themed performances from Beyonce, John Legend, & Common.

Kanye isn't just ranting for the hell of it. I believe that there is an actual movement going on from our black artists and next year's nominees will be more reflective of true black viewpoints on quality music.
  • DrJohnHenrikClarke
    DrJohnHenrikClarke Members Posts: 120
    Em will always win, his name is popular among whites, as 90%+ of Grammy voters are white. My former piano instructor was a voter, and he would basically vote for the names of artist he knew, and if he didn't know an artist he would just make a guess. For example, he would vote for Em just because he didn't know any of the other rap artist ect. If you all are expecting the Grammys to validate black music its never gonna happen. But then again if we are expecting black people to validate black music the same people would win the same awards every year... Jay Z, Rihanna, Beyonce, Kanye, Kendrick... Black people are really not open minded and supportive of their new black talent.
  • TheIraq
    🤬 got 🤬 pictures from a artist thats cosigned by what yall 🤬 consider a "legend"......... Yall 🤬 aint hypocrites at all though....... HA
  • TheIraq
    SneakDZA wrote: »

What Eminem hate? Pretty much every post above this was positive or neutral.

You owe the I.C. an apology you 🤬 dweeb.

Real 🤬 don't say "dweeb".... That bandwagon 🤬 aint for you