What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Drake being a a lyricist

R2_163
R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in The Reason
I personally think drake ain't 🤬 but 🤬 swear his one of the best lyricist out today

Can people post bars, lines, punchlines, wordplay , anything from this guy that separates him from average joes on the mic? I've heard half his catalog and i never heard anything special

If he's an amazing lyricist does that make lil durk and tyga above average? what does that make crooked I and lupe? Where's the barometer?

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I don't he is an amazing lyricist but he can rap. Listen to 5am in Toronto. The Houston on, the ny one. Lord knows. Imo some of his best rapping tracks off top of my head
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has a superb flow which has helped him compensate for his lyrical abilities
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 that Charmin ultra jewish 🤬
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    That 🤬 🤬
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich RUCKWORLDMembers Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hes has alot
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He makes hits no doubt, but he's not a lyricist.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe would 🤬 that 🤬
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    He has a superb flow which has helped him compensate for his lyrical abilities

But he bit most of those...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Lupe would 🤬 that 🤬

Captain obvious
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Lupe would 🤬 that 🤬

Captain obvious

You muthafuckin right
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    It done got to the point where you can't tell whether Drake bitin Sean or vice versa. And we all know tha truth about that. On that mixtape/album he dips into the Migos flow (read: Lord Infamous). 🤬 stay bitin. 🤬 this copycat ass era of hip hop
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    It done got to the point where you can't tell whether Drake bitin Sean or vice versa. And we all know tha truth about that. On that mixtape/album he dips into the Migos flow (read: Lord Infamous). 🤬 stay bitin. 🤬 this copycat ass era of hip hop
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    ok man its not even that serious, everyones been borrowin for the longest, and we talm bout lyrically not flows. i agree with the earlier post, he decent but not amazing, he's very well rounded tho
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    He's not lyrical. He's an alright rapper.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall hate drake yet he is the only thing you negroes talk about
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think he's a great lyricist but he sneaks some 🤬 in there every now and then.

"Slave to the 🤬 , but I’m just playing the field, 🤬 "

"I learned working with the negatives could make for better pictures"
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is not a complex lyrical rapper a la lupe or crooked..but he can still get it in lyrics wise n yes the flow enhances his lyrics imo...the fact people can understand him clearly unlike some of the "more" lyrical rapper also helps make him appealing to a broader audience...again imo
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he got quotables...
    "Lesbian-est/lets be honest", "🤬 you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym","last name EVER,first name Greatest"

"You only live once that's the motto 🤬 YOLO"
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    🤬 .... Aight I'm done
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is pretty sad.

Maybe I was just seeing things. Lock it up
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Jersey bredMembers Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't view him as a lyricist at all. He's a talented rapper. He does kick a few bars every now and then, but he's nowhere near the level of a Lupe.