What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

How Come Protestants Don't Think Catholics Are Christians?

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu RegisThe EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in The Social Lounge
The other day I was at the school I got my A.A. degree from and I was talking to the SGA president. Potna was telling me he got accepted to Seton Hall and he has to take some religion classes and he was asking if they were mandatory. I was like, "Yeah they are mandatory. After all it is a Catholic school." Then do was like, "But oh, I'm a Christian." Then ya boy Rex says, "Dude, Catholics are Christians. They started this Christianity 🤬 ." Lord forgive me for saying it like, forgive my digression.

This is the failings of the public school system and something you learn in 7th grade History and your 9th grade Global class. How do cats not know basic history of Christianity which is taught in school. You had followers of Jesus (who were basically Jews for Jesus,) that would include Saint Peter'em. They still practiced and kept all of the Jewish holidays, with the exception of they believe that Jesus was the Messiah.

After early Christians broke from Judaism, the Jews for Jesus formed what eventually became the Catholic church. Then you have the Schism in 1054 in which eastern Europte broke from the Church, then in 1547, you had the Protestant Reformation in Western Europe broke from the Church while the southern European nations remained Catholic.

I say all of that to say this, for most of the Church's history, (especially in Western Europe,) if you were a Christian, you were default a Catholic. Also, the only reason why the United States isn't a Catholic nation is because Pope Clement VII didn't grant Henry VIII his annulment to Catherine of Aragon. Henry said "🤬 y'all. I'll start my own church and make myself the head of it."

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited March 2015
    I agree, but 🤬 religion
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because or some reason they believe that Catholics follow the Pope, however the Pope follows Jesus so it's all the same 🤬 .

Wine, crackers and 🤬
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It depends on which protestant tradition you are talking about but pretty much it comes down to a disagreement on catholic practices. Catholics basically stretched 🤬 too far and strayed away from the original intent of christ teachings. In a way The protestant church was started as a protest against the catholic going pass it's role really
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Sounds to me like Wayne left Cash Money and his 🤬 followed him.

This religion 🤬 makes no sense to me. I respect those who are real with it though. My neighbour prays at 5 sutten every mornin'. Sometimes we have a cigarette together. That prayer 🤬 makes him happy so good on him
  • Go figure
    Go figure Sion the GoGuests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catholicism always seemed more ritual than spiritual
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Catholics pray to 🤬 , Jesus Mary and saints
    Christians just to 🤬

Or some 🤬 like that
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catholics pray to 🤬 , Jesus Mary and saints
    Christians just to 🤬

Or some 🤬 like that

All christians pray to 🤬 but catholics believe that the prays of certain people carry more weight so they pray through saints/mary for the help of 🤬 they are believed to be kind of like a mediator between man and 🤬
  • gns
    gns Bleeding 24/7 Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both are Christians.
    Just different ways of praising 🤬 .

I didn't know about that Seton hall ish. Gotta ask my bro about that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »

yeah seton hall is a private, catholic school so they make you take a religious class. same thing if you go to a Jesuit school
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a girl who turned down an offer of a full scholarship for her son at an exclusive Catholic high-school because of her Baptist upbringing. I didn't get it but it's that serious to some people.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they're 🤬 . Their religion is 🤬 and they're 🤬 .
  • gns
    gns Bleeding 24/7 Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »

yeah seton hall is a private, catholic school so they make you take a religious class. same thing if you go to a Jesuit school

Yea dude confirmed it . He said they throw a couple religious subjects at u in your first semester
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to Catholic University took 2 theology courses as well as few philosophy classes
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I agree, but 🤬 religion

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christianity Denominations
    |
    Catholics, Angelicans, Protestants, Baptist, Jesuits, Franciscans, Eastern Orthodox, Pentecoastals, etc
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I agree, but 🤬 religion

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've studied this in depth. Here's a long break down:
    olivia-marie-big-ass-gif.gif

Thanks for the breakdown bro.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically it's a bunch of white peoples talking about 🤬 they have no clue about. If you celebrate Christmas, Easter, and your holy day is Sunday; you catholic, cuz all that 🤬 came from Rome and white people. That's like saying I'm not broke because I got $5 to my name and you got $4, wit cho broke ass.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I graduated from Seton. We did have to take religion classes. I had to take like 2 I believe.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catholics have u praying to people abd believe in that purgatory 🤬 .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catholicism is Christianity. It may be inherently bad Christianity, but it's still Christianity. For a while, it was pretty much the only Christianity.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christianity Denominations
    |
    Catholics, Angelicans, Protestants, Baptist, Jesuits, Franciscans, Eastern Orthodox, Pentecoastals, etc

Bruh, Jesuits and Franciscans are Catholics. The Jesuits are a Catholic order, a member of the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic order of priests founded by St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Francis Xavier, and others in 1534, to do missionary work. The order was zealous in opposing the Reformation. Despite periodic persecution it has retained an important influence in Catholic thought and education. Pope Francis is a Jesuit and Jesuits founded Georgetown.

The Franciscans were founded by St. Francis of Assisi. Though some other groups identify themselves as Franciscans, they're mainly Catholics. With the exception, of the Eastern Orthodox, the Anglican, Baptists, and Pentecostals are
    Protestant denominations.

650px-Protestant_branches.svg.png
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsMembers Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all the same imo. You follow the bible, which ever way you take or read it, you're a yahweh believer.