What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

How is the military currently defending my freedom?

Will Munny
Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin assMembers Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
I hear a lot people (conservatives) say that military is protecting my freedoms and liberty. How is fighting in Iraq and 🤬 protecting my freedom?

But how tho? I really don't get it. Maybe I'm dumb.
«134

Comments

  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never defended a black mans freedom... and no other Americans for a very long time
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends how you define freedom

    Many of the luxuries enjoyed by Americans are due to their impositions on smaller countries
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Depends how you define freedom

    Many of the luxuries enjoyed by Americans are due to their impositions on smaller countries

    yeah but you know damn well thats now what people mean when they say it.

    Reason I started this thread cause some wack hoe had some big rant on FB about how people doesn't deserve high minimum wage because they would make more than soldiers who "protect their unskilled butts" and I got me thinking really how exactly are they doing that?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Way UpMembers Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Now your thinking. Good for you. Next questions are "How free are you really?" And "how free is that freedom?"
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    They're not. its just something people say to try to guilt you

    whats protecting your freedom has more to do with those big ass oceans separating us from the rest of the world than some dudes on a base in korea
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they're not and more times than not its 🤬 ass civilians saying this dumb 🤬 . in my time in the army the majority of people i came across see as a job and doing whatever to protect the man to your left and right during deployments, the ones usually about the defending freedom 🤬 were the white boys from down south
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at protecting your freedom, only thing they protect is corporate interests.

    As far as your individual freedom is concerned they aren't protecting a damn thing.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    One way to see it is the a lot of the world is racist, like almost all of it and there's a good amount that are also racist and corrupt. Now, if America wasn't posturing (by fighting wars I do disagree with) and did not fight and let's take it further to not being a threat and did not invest (brainwash) in a military then it is pretty easy to see the Queen of England in here taking this 🤬 over, or Japan, China, Russia. When they do that, there will be dead bodies in our streets (which again for black ppl might not be anything different than some of us are used to) and more chaos than we already have. Again, I don't agree with our military moves or their military moves (since we as black ppl aren't really making decisions on America's military), but I can see the rationale behind it. As for being black, it's a matter of how bad do I wanna see stuff get here and risk the unknown of China, Russia, Japan, Britain and even other smaller rogue nations that would love to get at a piece of America versus America as racist as it is now. Hmmm.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The military presence and power of the USA creates stability in the world. If America went back to isolationism there would be conflict all over the place.

    China would bully all of Asia causing conflict with Japan and south Korea.

    Russia would bully eastern Europe even more. Eventually making western Europe very worried.

    The middle east would be an even greater slaughter house Israel would gi crazy and it has wmds.

    And there would most likely be revolutions all over the 🤬 place.
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I hear a lot people (conservatives) say that military is protecting my freedoms and liberty. How is fighting in Iraq and 🤬 protecting my freedom?
    well, on some base level, promoting a level of order in the world and/or fighting terrorists or crazy regimes DOES protect your freedom.
    whether or not the military is actually doing this (or doing it effectively) might be the real debate?

    also:
    Will Munny wrote: »
    some wack hoe had some big rant on FB about how people doesn't deserve high minimum wage because they would make more than soldiers who "protect their unskilled butts"
    this is a stupid 🤬 argument no matter how right/wrong the "freedom" issue is
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never defended a black mans freedom... and no other Americans for a very long time

    Basically true but I guess the Civil War helped with the Black man's freedom lol
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    luke1733 wrote: »
    One way to see it is the a lot of the world is racist, like almost all of it and there's a good amount that are also racist and corrupt. Now, if America wasn't posturing (by fighting wars I do disagree with) and did not fight and let's take it further to not being a threat and did not invest (brainwash) in a military then it is pretty easy to see the Queen of England in here taking this 🤬 over, or Japan, China, Russia. When they do that, there will be dead bodies in our streets (which again for black ppl might not be anything different than some of us are used to) and more chaos than we already have. Again, I don't agree with our military moves or their military moves (since we as black ppl aren't really making decisions on America's military), but I can see the rationale behind it. As for being black, it's a matter of how bad do I wanna see stuff get here and risk the unknown of China, Russia, Japan, Britain and even other smaller rogue nations that would love to get at a piece of America versus America as racist as it is now. Hmmm.

    Yeah that's a very good point. If another nation took over America, would the Chinese or Russians treat Blacks any better? The British would probably act the same as our structure here is now.

    But otherwise, America fighting all these wars isn't making America very popular around the world and is creating a lot of populations around the world who WANT their governments to be hostile to the USA. I bet if Russian govt wanted to attack America right now, for example, Russian civilians polled would probably be all for it.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the smart ones wouldn't be for it...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    jono wrote: »
    Lol at protecting your freedom, only thing they protect is corporate interests.

    As far as your individual freedom is concerned they aren't protecting a damn thing.

    Bingo, if anything, the US military's actions worldwide are making Americans worldwide less safe. Not necessarily the fault of the soldiers themselves, but the idiot govt officials giving them orders.

    Terror threats against America are up since 9/11, not down.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never defended a black mans freedom... and no other Americans for a very long time

    Basically true but I guess the Civil War helped with the Black man's freedom lol

    blacks fought in the Civil War for their freedom. people act like blacks just sat still on the plantations waiting for something good to happen
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Never defended a black mans freedom... and no other Americans for a very long time

    Basically true but I guess the Civil War helped with the Black man's freedom lol

    blacks fought in the Civil War for their freedom. people act like blacks just sat still on the plantations waiting for something good to happen

    Yeah, Blacks were some of the best soldiers the Union had....the Civil War and MAYBE WW2 are one of the few wars that Black Americans truly were lucky to have the US military on our side.

    SMH at the negroes who fought for the Confederacy
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Well the smart ones wouldn't be for it...

    Well yeah of course lol....I hope Americans (including in govt) don't want war against Russia either....
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    zombie wrote: »
    The military presence and power of the USA creates stability in the world. If America went back to isolationism there would be conflict all over the place.

    China would bully all of Asia causing conflict with Japan and south Korea.

    Russia would bully eastern Europe even more. Eventually making western Europe very worried.

    The middle east would be an even greater slaughter house Israel would gi crazy and it has wmds.

    And there would most likely be revolutions all over the 🤬 place.

    The Middle East is a big mess BECAUSE of America's 🤬 actions over there. WTF you talking about??!! Israel wouldn't be as powerful as it is if it wasn't for apartheid and genocide loving American officials giving Israel so much help in the 70s and beyond.

    China can do whatever the 🤬 it wants in Asia, you really think they're scared of America? Please, America would be tied down fighting its losing battles in the Middle East if China ever felt like doing 🤬 . And if America wasn't as powerful as it is militarily, Japan would simply re-arm and take the fight to China all over again.

    And Russia isn't scared of America at all, they're killing Ukrainian soldiers like nothing. They took over South Ossetia and the nation of Georgia in 2008. Russia is doing what it wants. Stop exaggerating 🤬 .
  • cobbland
    cobbland "Shorty": Belly (1998) Chicago...Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 25 Most Vicious Iraq War Profiteers
    Filed in archive BUSINESS-GENERAL, COMPANIES, WAR by RYAN on JULY 22, 2008

    The Iraq war is many things to different people. It is called a strategic blunder and a monstrous injustice and sometimes even a patriotic mission, much to the chagrin of rational human beings. For many big companies, however, the war is something far different: a lucrative cash-cow. The years-long, ongoing military effort has resurrected fears of the so-called “military-industrial complex.” Media pundits are outraged at private companies scooping up huge, no-questions-asked contracts to manufacture weapons, rebuild infrastructure, or anything else the government deems necessary to win (or plant its flag in Iraq). No matter what your stance on the war, it pays to know where your tax dollars are being spent.

    Following is a detailed rundown of the 25 companies squeezing the most profit from this controversial conflict.

    http://www.businesspundit.com/the-25-most-vicious-iraq-war-profiteers/
    10 companies profiting the most from war
    Samuel Weigley, 24/7 Wall St. 6:17 p.m. EDT March 10, 2013

    The business of war is profitable. In 2011, the 100 largest contractors sold $410 billion in arms and military services. Just 10 of those companies sold over $208 billion. Based on a list of the top 100 arms-producing and military services companies in 2011 compiled by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 companies with the most military sales worldwide.

    These companies have benefited tremendously from the growth in military spending in the U.S., which by far has the largest military budget in the world. In 2000, the U.S. defense budget was approximately $312 billion. By 2011, the figure had grown to $712 billion. Arm sales grew alongside general defense spending growth. SIPRI noted that between 2002 and 2011, arms sales among the top 100 companies grew by 51%.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/10/10-companies-profiting-most-from-war/1970997/
    Top ten private firms made $72bn from decade of Iraq War
    New analysis by Financial Times shows scale of profits made by contractors during conflict

    LAST UPDATED AT 11:21 ON Tue 19 Mar 2013

    AMERICAN and foreign private contractors providing security and logistics have profited hugely from the Iraq War, with the top 10 firms securing business worth at least $72bn between them, says the Financial Times.

    The paper's new analysis of the data, ten years after the US invaded on 20 March 2003, found the company to benefit most has been KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton, once run by George W. Bush's vice president, 🤬 Cheney.

    http://www.theweek.co.uk/business/iraq-2003/52058/top-ten-private-firms-made-72bn-decade-iraq-war
    Homelessness soars among US Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans
    By Shannon Jones 31 December 2012

    According to a new government report, the number of US Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans who are homeless or at risk for becoming homeless is rising at an alarming rate, more than doubling over the past two years. The US Veterans Administration said that through the end of September 2012, 26,531 veterans were living on the street, at risk of losing their homes, staying in temporary housing or receiving federal vouchers to pay rent. That compares to 10,500 in 2010.

    The numbers cited are only those veterans the VA is aware of. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) estimates that 62,619 veterans are homeless on a given night over the course of a year, and more than twice that number are at risk of homelessness.

    The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans estimates that some 1.5 million veterans are at risk of homelessness due to poverty, lack of support networks and dismal, overcrowded, living conditions. Veterans are much more likely than the population at large to suffer from homelessness, comprising 23 percent of the homeless population even though only 8 percent of the population at large can claim veteran status.

    Afghanistan War veterans are particularly at risk because of their young age and their exposure to combat with its psychological effects. Some seventy percent of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans had exposure to combat. About 30,700 are expected to leave the military in each of the next four years as the military reduces its ranks. About 13 percent of homeless Afghan and Iraq war veterans are women, and almost 50 percent of all homeless veterans are African American.

    http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/12/31/vets-d31.html
    Up to 48,000 Afghan, Iraq vets at risk for homelessness
    Gregg Zoroya, USA TODAY 12:55 p.m. EST January 17, 2014

    Nearly 50,000 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans were either homeless or in a federal program aimed at keeping them off the streets during 2013, almost triple the number in 2011, according to numbers released Thursday by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

    The number among this generation falling on hard times is rising sharply even as homelessness among veterans of all ages and conflicts has been on the decline, according to the VA.

    Advocates for the homeless say many of the estimated 2.5 million Americans who served in the two wars went into combat zones on multiple deployments, something many veterans of previous conflicts never had to endure.

    "They're coming home to a bad economy. The country is different. Their families are different. They are different. Plus they are dealing with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and other issues around mental health," says Gregory Scott, president of New Directions For Veterans, a non-profit assistance group in Los Angeles.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/16/veterans-homeless-afghanistan-iraq-wars/4526343/
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    zombie wrote: »
    The military presence and power of the USA creates stability in the world. If America went back to isolationism there would be conflict all over the place.

    China would bully all of Asia causing conflict with Japan and south Korea.

    Russia would bully eastern Europe even more. Eventually making western Europe very worried.

    The middle east would be an even greater slaughter house Israel would gi crazy and it has wmds.

    And there would most likely be revolutions all over the 🤬 place.

    The Middle East is a big mess BECAUSE of America's 🤬 actions over there. WTF you talking about??!! Israel wouldn't be as powerful as it is if it wasn't for apartheid and genocide loving American officials giving Israel so much help in the 70s and beyond.

    China can do whatever the 🤬 it wants in Asia, you really think they're scared of America? Please, America would be tied down fighting its losing battles in the Middle East if China ever felt like doing 🤬 . And if America wasn't as powerful as it is militarily, Japan would simply re-arm and take the fight to China all over again.

    And Russia isn't scared of America at all, they're killing Ukrainian soldiers like nothing. They took over South Ossetia and the nation of Georgia in 2008. Russia is doing what it wants. Stop exaggerating 🤬 .

    Actually if you know the history you would know that the mid-east is a big mess because of the uk. I was talking about the practical effects of America withdrawing from the world TODAY not arguing over the past. and why shouldn't have America helped Israel in the 70's???? they were the only real democracy surrounded by dictatorships that were friendly with the soviet union.

    china cannot do as it pleases already the Japanese have begun to prepare themselves to rearm and become more aggressive which only furthers my point, that without American influence there would be chaos and war. if japan and china went to war do you know the economic chaos that would create???? probably not because you continually demonstrate that you know nothing about economics. if you look at a map china is actually surrounded by American allies and military bases. japan, south korea, Australia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Singapore are all allied with America. and to make things worse for china they have a traditionally bad relationships with some of the other surrounding nations.

    who the 🤬 mentioned anything about anyone being scared of America???? but you know what these other nations are kept in check by the threat of American power. Russia is playing in it's back yard and that's it. they are no longer the ussr that had world wide influence and to top it off their currency is worth 🤬 and their economy is 🤬 thanks to American sanctions.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cobbland wrote: »
    The 25 Most Vicious Iraq War Profiteers
    Filed in archive BUSINESS-GENERAL, COMPANIES, WAR by RYAN on JULY 22, 2008

    The Iraq war is many things to different people. It is called a strategic blunder and a monstrous injustice and sometimes even a patriotic mission, much to the chagrin of rational human beings. For many big companies, however, the war is something far different: a lucrative cash-cow. The years-long, ongoing military effort has resurrected fears of the so-called “military-industrial complex.” Media pundits are outraged at private companies scooping up huge, no-questions-asked contracts to manufacture weapons, rebuild infrastructure, or anything else the government deems necessary to win (or plant its flag in Iraq). No matter what your stance on the war, it pays to know where your tax dollars are being spent.

    Following is a detailed rundown of the 25 companies squeezing the most profit from this controversial conflict.

    http://www.businesspundit.com/the-25-most-vicious-iraq-war-profiteers/
    10 companies profiting the most from war
    Samuel Weigley, 24/7 Wall St. 6:17 p.m. EDT March 10, 2013

    The business of war is profitable. In 2011, the 100 largest contractors sold $410 billion in arms and military services. Just 10 of those companies sold over $208 billion. Based on a list of the top 100 arms-producing and military services companies in 2011 compiled by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 companies with the most military sales worldwide.

    These companies have benefited tremendously from the growth in military spending in the U.S., which by far has the largest military budget in the world. In 2000, the U.S. defense budget was approximately $312 billion. By 2011, the figure had grown to $712 billion. Arm sales grew alongside general defense spending growth. SIPRI noted that between 2002 and 2011, arms sales among the top 100 companies grew by 51%.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/10/10-companies-profiting-most-from-war/1970997/
    Top ten private firms made $72bn from decade of Iraq War
    New analysis by Financial Times shows scale of profits made by contractors during conflict

    LAST UPDATED AT 11:21 ON Tue 19 Mar 2013

    AMERICAN and foreign private contractors providing security and logistics have profited hugely from the Iraq War, with the top 10 firms securing business worth at least $72bn between them, says the Financial Times.

    The paper's new analysis of the data, ten years after the US invaded on 20 March 2003, found the company to benefit most has been KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton, once run by George W. Bush's vice president, 🤬 Cheney.

    http://www.theweek.co.uk/business/iraq-2003/52058/top-ten-private-firms-made-72bn-decade-iraq-war
    Homelessness soars among US Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans
    By Shannon Jones 31 December 2012

    According to a new government report, the number of US Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans who are homeless or at risk for becoming homeless is rising at an alarming rate, more than doubling over the past two years. The US Veterans Administration said that through the end of September 2012, 26,531 veterans were living on the street, at risk of losing their homes, staying in temporary housing or receiving federal vouchers to pay rent. That compares to 10,500 in 2010.

    The numbers cited are only those veterans the VA is aware of. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) estimates that 62,619 veterans are homeless on a given night over the course of a year, and more than twice that number are at risk of homelessness.

    The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans estimates that some 1.5 million veterans are at risk of homelessness due to poverty, lack of support networks and dismal, overcrowded, living conditions. Veterans are much more likely than the population at large to suffer from homelessness, comprising 23 percent of the homeless population even though only 8 percent of the population at large can claim veteran status.

    Afghanistan War veterans are particularly at risk because of their young age and their exposure to combat with its psychological effects. Some seventy percent of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans had exposure to combat. About 30,700 are expected to leave the military in each of the next four years as the military reduces its ranks. About 13 percent of homeless Afghan and Iraq war veterans are women, and almost 50 percent of all homeless veterans are African American.

    http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/12/31/vets-d31.html
    Up to 48,000 Afghan, Iraq vets at risk for homelessness
    Gregg Zoroya, USA TODAY 12:55 p.m. EST January 17, 2014

    Nearly 50,000 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans were either homeless or in a federal program aimed at keeping them off the streets during 2013, almost triple the number in 2011, according to numbers released Thursday by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

    The number among this generation falling on hard times is rising sharply even as homelessness among veterans of all ages and conflicts has been on the decline, according to the VA.

    Advocates for the homeless say many of the estimated 2.5 million Americans who served in the two wars went into combat zones on multiple deployments, something many veterans of previous conflicts never had to endure.

    "They're coming home to a bad economy. The country is different. Their families are different. They are different. Plus they are dealing with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and other issues around mental health," says Gregory Scott, president of New Directions For Veterans, a non-profit assistance group in Los Angeles.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/16/veterans-homeless-afghanistan-iraq-wars/4526343/

    That's some really sad 🤬 right there. I see more homeless people then ever in NY these days, I wonder how many of them are vets.

  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    The military presence and power of the USA creates stability in the world. If America went back to isolationism there would be conflict all over the place.

    China would bully all of Asia causing conflict with Japan and south Korea.

    Russia would bully eastern Europe even more. Eventually making western Europe very worried.

    The middle east would be an even greater slaughter house Israel would gi crazy and it has wmds.

    And there would most likely be revolutions all over the 🤬 place.

    The Middle East is a big mess BECAUSE of America's 🤬 actions over there. WTF you talking about??!! Israel wouldn't be as powerful as it is if it wasn't for apartheid and genocide loving American officials giving Israel so much help in the 70s and beyond.

    China can do whatever the 🤬 it wants in Asia, you really think they're scared of America? Please, America would be tied down fighting its losing battles in the Middle East if China ever felt like doing 🤬 . And if America wasn't as powerful as it is militarily, Japan would simply re-arm and take the fight to China all over again.

    And Russia isn't scared of America at all, they're killing Ukrainian soldiers like nothing. They took over South Ossetia and the nation of Georgia in 2008. Russia is doing what it wants. Stop exaggerating 🤬 .

    Actually if you know the history you would know that the mid-east is a big mess because of the uk. I was talking about the practical effects of America withdrawing from the world TODAY not arguing over the past. and why shouldn't have America helped Israel in the 70's???? they were the only real democracy surrounded by dictatorships that were friendly with the soviet union.

    china cannot do as it pleases already the Japanese have begun to prepare themselves to rearm and become more aggressive which only furthers my point, that without American influence there would be chaos and war. if japan and china went to war do you know the economic chaos that would create???? probably not because you continually demonstrate that you know nothing about economics. if you look at a map china is actually surrounded by American allies and military bases. japan, south korea, Australia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Singapore are all allied with America. and to make things worse for china they have a traditionally bad relationships with some of the other surrounding nations.

    who the 🤬 mentioned anything about anyone being scared of America???? but you know what these other nations are kept in check by the threat of American power. Russia is playing in it's back yard and that's it. they are no longer the ussr that had world wide influence and to top it off their currency is worth 🤬 and their economy is 🤬 thanks to American sanctions.

    The UK screwed up the Middle East in various ways but American foreign policy is making the region a very unstable place as well. America helping Israel in the 70s and today was a bad idea because AFTER Israel stole land from Palestinians in the 40s and beyond, they became an apartheid state. You admit yourself Israel is an apartheid state, so of course that brings problems. Israel has created close to a million refugees in the Middle East and creating more every other day, thanks to American support. It breeds terrorism for the region.

    And as I said, America is tied down losing battles in the Middle East, if China wants to pop off, they can and will. But they aren't reckless, unlike America. China's economy is fragile, they're not gonna start random wars with nations out there.

    American power does play a small role in protecting our allies in Europe but again, Russia is still doing what it wants. I already said they took over South Ossetia and Georgia in 2008. AND NOW they are 🤬 with Ukraine. Russia's economy is bad now but from a military standpoint, nothing has changed.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, China is building islands near American backed nations right now, 🤬 off Vietnam and Japan. What the hell is America gonna do, put sanctions on China? Haha good luck with that. America needs China and vice versa on many levels. If China wants to act reckless and bold in Asia, America won't do 🤬 about it but watch.

    http://news.yahoo.com/china-defends-island-building-south-china-sea-says-045641913.html

    China claims about 90 percent of the South China Sea, displaying its reach on official maps with a so-called nine-dash line that stretches deep into the maritime heart of Southeast Asia.

    Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan also have claims to parts of the potentially energy-rich waters that are crossed by key global shipping lanes.

    China has already undertaken reclamation work on six other reefs it occupies in the Spratlys, expanding land mass five-fold, aerial surveillance photos show.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, China is building islands near American backed nations right now, 🤬 off Vietnam and Japan. What the hell is America gonna do, put sanctions on China? Haha good luck with that. America needs China and vice versa on many levels. If China wants to act reckless and bold in Asia, America won't do 🤬 about it but watch.

    http://news.yahoo.com/china-defends-island-building-south-china-sea-says-045641913.html

    China claims about 90 percent of the South China Sea, displaying its reach on official maps with a so-called nine-dash line that stretches deep into the maritime heart of Southeast Asia.

    Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan also have claims to parts of the potentially energy-rich waters that are crossed by key global shipping lanes.

    China has already undertaken reclamation work on six other reefs it occupies in the Spratlys, expanding land mass five-fold, aerial surveillance photos show.

    🤬 China and the surrounding nations are economically fighting over those island's so China can say they own whatever the 🤬 but they won't get out of line and actually use violence. All nations economically fighting over resources that's the norm. And what you posted only reinforced my point