What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

What was the GOAT X-Men lineup?

TRILLip Brooks
TRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Members Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Quite Comical
First class

Cyclops
Iceman
Marvel Girl
Beast
Angel

Claremont/Byrne

Cyclops
Jean
Storm
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Banshee

Magneto's X-Men

Magneto
Storm
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Rachel Summers
Rogue

Gold Team

Storm
Jean Grey
Angel
Iceman
Colossus
Bishop

Blue Team

Cyclops
Beast
Wolverine
Rogue
Gambit
Psylocke
Jubilee

Astonishing X-Men

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Beast
Wolverine
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Armor

Animated series

Cyclops
Jean
Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Gambit
Beast
Jubilee

What was the GOAT X-Men lineup? 29 votes

O.G/First Class
6%
not this again!Broddie 2 votes
Claremont/Byrne
24%
nawledge_godDillaDeafMaximus RexLou CypherLord_Hades_08SplackavelliBangEm_Bart 7 votes
Magneto's
6%
Soloman_The_WiseATL_D 2 votes
Gold
3%
waterproof 1 vote
Blue
10%
veikurivagrant-718Figo 3 votes
Astonishing
0%
Animated series
44%
thephantasmSioneljay7itexas409its....JOHN BMister B.TRILLip BrookssilverfoxxValentinez A. KaiserMARIO_DROdatboyroroyahwehprofetPeace_79 13 votes
Other
3%
DrMindbender122 1 vote

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claremont/Byrne
    This one imo.
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Blue
    I want to say Magneto's because he was my favorite, but I'll go with Blue/Gold for nostalgia.

jimleex-men01variants.jpg
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Animated series
    Animated series cause kenetic energy ability teamd with that specific list.of b mutants makes for a great squad.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    veikuri wrote: »
    I want to say Magneto's because he was my favorite, but I'll go with Blue/Gold for nostalgia.

jimleex-men01variants.jpg

when i think of X-Men in comic books this is the one that first comes to mind
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The Extinction Team
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claremont/Byrne
    Claremont/Bryne. Simply put, those two saved the title. Without them X-Men probably would not have become what it is today. Also,

x-men-proteus.jpg?w=640

and

8424019554_12b6a6dc67_b.jpg

The brilliance of the team dramatic is unparalleled and through Claremont's writing you get to see the weakness and strengths of each member of team and how they enter acted with each other. The mid 70's-mid 80's X-Men roster of Prof. X, Scott, Ororo, Logan, Kitty, Kurt, Sean, and Piotr is the best.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when the X-Men actually used to be dope
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animated series
    Animated series crew
  • not this again!
    not this again! the dude playing the dude, disguised as another dude Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G/First Class

I actually like the Original Team best, but the Claremont/Byrne lineup had the greatest X-Men stories ever, so they're an extremely close second.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claremont/Byrne
    I remember when the X-Men actually used to be dope

yeah they mutilated the x men. they killed professor x again and the red skull took out a piece of his brain and added it to his own. they killed wolverine and nightcrawler. they merged x men with avengers etc. if they are ending the marvel universe and rebooting with a new one so be it. i never thought i would see the day when dc books looked better than marvel.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    O.G/First Class
    I actually like the Original Team best, but the Claremont/Byrne lineup had the greatest X-Men stories ever, so they're an extremely close second.

co-sign. I grew up reading X-Factor in the late 80's and reprints of the Lee/Kirby era so I'm mostly attached to the original 5 but Claremont/Byrne also redefined the comics for the better. The 80's - Early 90's X-Factor series I grew up with wouldn't have existed without their run setting the precedent.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ATL_D check out my quest thread at the top of the page. I'm sure you'll have some fun reminiscing through that.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ATL_D well I used to read a lot more than I do now. So I'll prolly never be caught up, but it's okay lol.