What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Rise and Fall of G4 TV 4 Gamers - Good Bad Flicks

genocidecuttergenocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found this on the net highly interesting

Comments

• The HueThe Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I was wondering what the 🤬 happened to that channel
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hue wrote: »
    Man I was wondering what the 🤬 happened to that channel

Its gone now
  • reapin505reapin505 Gundams and history. I have nothing else to offer an asteroid rushing to the sunMembers Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinematech, Xplay, Attack of the Show, Cheat, Code Monkeys, hell the actual Japanese Ninja Warrior, and countless other shows made up the majority of my adolescence. I miss that 🤬
  • CJCJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to love g4 they fell way the 🤬 off
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked G4 when they would televise video game tournaments. 🤬 used to be GOAT. I also like they used to how anime on the weekends.
  • reapin505reapin505 Gundams and history. I have nothing else to offer an asteroid rushing to the sunMembers Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got up early enough they would even show a bunch of old shows from the 80s and 90s, Gi Joe, Transformers, Beast Wars. I used to fake sick just to watch that 🤬 on the weekdays lol. No one was 🤬 with their E3 coverage either, the skits for that were awesome too. Eventually, overtime it just died, less and less things that involved nerd/pop culture were being shown. The death throes really started kicking in when Adam Sesslar left or was fired. Even by then it was on life support and COPS started coming on for half the damn day
    X-Play and Cheat used to be my shows, I knew it was over for this channel when they started showing 6 hours of cops

Don't forget about Cheaters and Campus PD
  • thephantasmthephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    They took International Sexy Ladies of the air and ratings plummeted.
  • KINGECKINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Started out watching ZDTV/TechTV back in '98 with GameSpotTV/Extended Play/X-Play and all them other shows. (I'm bout old as 🤬 ).

Didn't know about G4 until the merger of the two channels. I ain't like the 🤬 in the beginning but some of the shows I started gaining interests in like Icons and Cheat. Them shows was dope.

🤬 fell the entire 🤬 off after all them Cops/Cheaters reruns.
  • A$AP_A$TONA$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn R.I.P.
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X-Play and Cheat used to be my shows, I knew it was over for this channel when they started showing 6 hours of cops

Don't forget about Cheaters and Campus PD

Nah, you two are both wrong....the catalyst to G4's downfall is when they started showing "Star Trek: The Next Generation".....
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when the 🤬 was called techtv too

cinematech was the GOAT along with x play
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved Cinamatech.
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used watch Attack of the show heavy...
    arena
    xplay
    icons
    filter
    cinematech
    judgement day
    cheat

Like there wasnt really a channel growing up that I could easily watch about 8 diff shows w/o changing the channel
    A lot of the things that were on G4 have been replaced by channels on youtube and such. But it doesn't have the same feel ya know? Geek culture is supposed to be well accepted nowadays but it still feels underground to an extent because something like G4 isn't around anymore. No one did it as well they did at least
    I dont know why they arent capitalizing on the popularity of games and how mainstream it is now by making a few shoes or a channel for it...thats a cash cow and you can get some gamers from twitch, youtube, and etc

they slacking
    People on youtube make 🤬 bank too from it. That might have something to do with it. This one guy, Pewediepie (an annoying 🤬 , I don't advise watching him) became a millionaire off of it. Theres several channels and corporations on youtube that cover things G4 did and more. I don't think anyone really has monopolized on it yet though.

Does Spike tv even do its E3 coverage anymore?
    The truth about Attack of the Show
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genocidecutter what part does the truth start at? I ain't seein it
    @genocidecutter what part does the truth start at? I ain't seein it

The end
  • kakiharakakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    G4 was awesome in the beginning, remember watching that throughout middle and high school. I even liked that show Portal where they did voice overs while playing role playing games. I just think G4 started going down hill when they merged with Techtv; the lineup started changing and then they starting playing Cheaters, Cops, etc.
    kakihara wrote: »
    G4 was awesome in the beginning, remember watching that throughout middle and high school. I even liked that show Portal where they did voice overs while playing role playing games. I just think G4 started going down hill when they merged with Techtv; the lineup started changing and then they starting playing Cheaters, Cops, etc.

The funny thing is they merge with Techtv to inherit its spot on Direct t.v to increase its viewership but it ended up backfiring and direct t.v kick them off in 2010