What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

would you help this white lady at Ihop

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    that cop had terrible conflict resolution skills.
    these dudes are unprofessional and just bad at their jobs.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    I just ask because I see a lot of white people on facebook trying to act like this is the same thing as Mike Brown, Watler Scott, or Trayvon Martin. To me I would done the same thing if I was the officer so I don't see any injustice here.

It may not be to the same degree but it was unnecessary, in my opinion.

I'm assuming using profanity is legal wherever this video was shot. You don't owe police officers respect just because they're police officers. As far as I know, she wasn't breaking any laws and she wasn't a threat to him. Telling them to get back in their cars like they don't have a right to walk around or say whatever they want to. I can understand why someone would think she had it coming, she did provoke him, but that's not really my perspective. I don't like authoritarian police officers.
    "so everybody just going to sit here and watch?? Nobody's gonna do anything??"

That didn't make sense to me, either. You can't fight the entire police department. If you want to do something about it get her a good lawyer.
    Those same white people wouldn't ride for Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner, or Mike Brown/Scott 🤬 outta here cracka.

How do you know that they wouldn't? They probably would.
    Hell no. These are the same crackers that find themselves on a jury that let's these killer cops off.

Why would you think that?
    This was beautiful..

My wish list is:

That this ended with her having her head stomped out
    that she somehow managed to keep resisting
    that that resulted in the officer blowing her brains out across the pavement *she lays motionless, dead)
    that her friends kept threatening the officer
    that out of "fear" he blasted them all and they went SPLAT, SPLAT, SPLAT all over the place.... (motionless, dead)

I'd be the guy seated inside, and offer to buy the officer a coffee... because a couple dollars I'm more than happy to part with to see such a masterpiece unfold

This seemed so over the top and personal to me. I don't understand the rage or apathy toward this woman. I don't care about all people. There are some people in the world I wouldn't have a problem with hanging upside down by their feet from a tree and knocking their teeth out with a metal baseball bat but they have to go out out of their way, repeatedly, to make me not care about them. Almost every post in this thread is like '🤬 these cacs'. Did she put glass in your cereal or something, do you know her? I wouldn't really trust her, I wouldn't be surprised if she is the way most people probably are, but I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

The video that really 🤬 me off is the one of the lady recording police officers arresting a black male from a reasonable distance. She had every right to do that. As a citizen she had a vested interest in making sure that they don't use unnecessary force or arrest people without just cause. They actually took her to jail for that, just for recording their making an arrest.
  • AP21
    AP21 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what were the blue lines in the video?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help her for what? I don't see where the cop did anything wrong honestly. The video picked up in the middle of the conflict. Obviously, the chick was doing something that warranted his attention. He told them to leave and they basically got into his face screaming and cursing at him. Let's be clear, if she really was 🤬 , he could have arrested her for public intoxication from the start. He didn't have to take that abuse from her. And then when he did arrest her, she was fighting back the whole time. White or black if you're going to be in the wrong and then antagonize the cops when they try to deal with you in a civil manner, you're going to get hemmed up. It's ridiculous that these white people are even comparing this to what has been happening with blacks.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Y'all know that white people help black people all the time, right? I don't necessarily mean in these sorts of situations, but generally speaking. Even if many won't, some do.

These blanket statements about not helping white people at all are troubling.

Man you're troubled by everything on the IC. A black man helpin this woman out is a guaranteed jail sentence, very likely beat down and very possible death sentence.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    housemouse wrote: »
    Y'all know that white people help black people all the time, right? I don't necessarily mean in these sorts of situations, but generally speaking. Even if many won't, some do.

Man you're troubled by everything on the IC. A black man helpin this woman out is a guaranteed jail sentence, very likely beat down and very possible death sentence.

I agree. That's why I said this on the first page.
    No, I wouldn't want to be arrested or shot or killed.

That comment was directed at the people who sound like they're saying that they wouldn't help any white person at all in any kind of situation.
  • onthafly
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    I just ask because I see a lot of white people on facebook trying to act like this is the same thing as Mike Brown, Watler Scott, or Trayvon Martin. To me I would done the same thing if I was the officer so I don't see any injustice here.

It may not be to the same degree but it was unnecessary, in my opinion.

I'm assuming using profanity is legal wherever this video was shot. You don't owe police officers respect just because they're police officers. As far as I know, she wasn't breaking any laws and she wasn't a threat to him. Telling them to get back in their cars like they don't have a right to walk around or say whatever they want to. I can understand why someone would think she had it coming, she did provoke him, but that's not really my perspective. I don't like authoritarian police officers.

Man ya'll need to cool it down with the feelings. We don't even know what went down before the video was shot. The cop was obviously there telling the woman that she had to leave i hop for a reason before she started cussing him out. The only thing I could see from the video that may have been over the top was threating to arrest her for saying 🤬 but public profanity is illegal in some cities like DC and he also mentioned that she was intoxicated. Public intoxication is illegal in a lot of places. He had every reason to take her to jail and her resisting gives him every reason to use force so long as it isn't excessive. I don't think trying to force her arms behind her back to put handcuffs on her is excessive. People get tazed and pepper sprayed at close range for resisting arrest. What the 🤬 would I look like trying to help this woman resist arrest?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Help her for what? I don't see where the cop did anything wrong honestly. The video picked up in the middle of the conflict. Obviously, the chick was doing something that warranted his attention. He told them to leave and they basically got into his face screaming and cursing at him. Let's be clear, if she really was 🤬 , he could have arrested her for public intoxication from the start. He didn't have to take that abuse from her. And then when he did arrest her, she was fighting back the whole time. White or black if you're going to be in the wrong and then antagonize the cops when they try to deal with you in a civil manner, you're going to get hemmed up. It's ridiculous that these white people are even comparing this to what has been happening with blacks.

u didn't peep him following her out and touching her when she was already leaving?
    when they got outside he grabbed her without any warning, so why wouldn't she resist?
    this is America. cops are not nobility. u do not owe them anything.
    arresting ppl because they hurt your feelings is asinine and in direct conflict with their actual duties.
  • onthafly
    housemouse wrote: »

I agree. That's why I said this on the first page.
    No, I wouldn't want to be arrested or shot or killed.

That comment was directed at the people who sound like they're saying that they wouldn't help any white person at all in any kind of situation.

Well there are some people on this site that seem like they have a deep seated hatred for white people. I don't know if they talk like that outside of the IC though.
  • onthafly

u didn't peep him following her out and touching her when she was already leaving?
    when they got outside he grabbed her without any warning, so why wouldn't she resist?
    arresting ppl because they hurt your feelings is asinine and in direct conflict with their actual duties.

Hard to make out a lot of stuff but I'm gonna have to watch this video again. It really didn't look like the cop did anything over the top but most of us are probably just used to having our rights violated.
  • The Lonious Monk

1) It's not about owing them anything. Contrary to what you seem to believe, you don't have the right to be 🤬 in a public establishment and act in a disorderly manner towards anyone cop or not. He could have arrested her for public intoxication or disorderly conduct off of that alone.

2) If you are already in the wrong, it's probably a good idea to take your ass on when a cop simply tells you to leave. If you choose not to do as he say and to disobey, you're basically asking to have him exercise his authority as an agent of the law. That's what happened here.

3) She didn't just leave as you're implying. She kept on going back and forth to the point that he felt he had to 🤬 her out and that's what he did.

4) She was still being disorderly even after they got outside, and he arrested her, which he had every right to do.

5) I'm not sure you understand what a cop's duties are. Handling people like that is exactly his duty. That's the reason they post cops at restaurants like IHOP and Denny's.
  • Meta_Conscious
    🤬 .
    she was leaving. he followed her because he was embarrassed. he made the situation worse.

• The Lonious Monk
    What video were you watching? He told her to leave several times and each time she said she was going to do it and then came back and argued some more. At some point he made up his mind that he had had enough and decided to 🤬 her out and arrest her. What kinda lollipop land do you live in where people have infinite chances to obey a police command before they have to face the consequences. We have video of black dudes being shot while actually attempting to follow police instruction, and you're on here defending a chick that was clearly in the wrong and yet still arguing and fighting a cop even after the cop gave her chances that the average black person doesn't get? Ok...
  • Meta_Conscious
    she's walking out... he pushes her in the back thus making her react.
    don't try to make it seem like I'm defending her while justifying what cops do to blacks.
    the cop was being unprofessional and made the situation worse.
    cops are not your overlords. lol
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daniel Bryan is a 🤬 , if he was trill like that he would've hit that cop with a Shining Wizard, grab his sister and dipped.....
  • The Lonious Monk
    don't try to make it seem like I'm defending her while justifying what cops do to blacks.

lol It's not about being an overlord. Yes, as Americans we have rights. Those rights don't include skirting the law and then abusing (physically or verbally) the cops when they try to maintain order. You absolutely cannot do what that chick was doing. Hell, in some places you can be cited for cursing and screaming at the police. So I'm not really understanding what you're defending here. The chick was out of pocket. The cop told her to leave. She chose to scream on him and disobey. He had enough and arrested her. Where exactly was he in the wrong? You can make the argument that he didn't have to 🤬 her out and he didn't have to arrest her. But given her actions, he was justified in doing both.
  • deemoneythedj
    deemoneythedj Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She would've been tased...........

Or the Taser would've been mistaken for a gun
  • onthafly

Man you got black people on this site over here defending the police. You need to cut that 🤬 out.
  • Meta_Conscious

lol It's not about being an overlord. Yes, as Americans we have rights. Those rights don't include skirting the law and then abusing (physically or verbally) the cops when they try to maintain order. You absolutely cannot do what that chick was doing. Hell, in some places you can be cited for cursing and screaming at the police. So I'm not really understanding what you're defending here. The chick was out of pocket. The cop told her to leave. She chose to scream on him and disobey. He had enough and arrested her. Where exactly was he in the wrong? You can make the argument that he didn't have to 🤬 her out and he didn't have to arrest her. But given her actions, he was justified in doing both.

i already explained where he was wrong a couple times. u can disagree but don't act like i didn't already explain it.
    enough already.
    he made the situation worse. now the system is clogged with a meaningless case that will cost resources.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2015

i already explained where he was wrong a couple times. u can disagree but don't act like i didn't already explain it.
    enough already.
    he made the situation worse. now the system is clogged with a meaningless case that will cost resources.

You didn't explain anything. You just said some wrong 🤬 . 🤬 was actively committing a crime and she was arrested for it. that's what cops get paid to do. He tried to give her a pass, but she was rowdy and her friends weren't doing anything to calm her down or keep her in check. You say its a meaningless case, but who is to know what would have happened if she had been allowed to run wild. We see video all the time of 🤬 and reckless people doing 🤬 that leads to serious incidents.

lol 🤬 is crazy. People so used to seeing cops do the wrong thing, they can't even tell when a cop is actually acting according to their charter.

SMH @ acting like white people abusing cops and then getting what they asked for is ever something worth defending.
  • Meta_Conscious
    u cats swear cops are your superiors. lol. they just dudes.
  • onthafly

enough already.

She'll probably just sit in a jail cell for awhile until she sobers up. White people do this kind of 🤬 all the time and still go on to become elected officials afterwards.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2015

They aren't anybody's superiors. They agents of the Law and authorized by the state to carry out the Law. Nothing more nothing less. This argument you're making is silly and childish. You don't have to believe that cops are gods to understand that they have a certain level of authority.
  • onthafly

It's not about cops being superior or none of that 🤬 . Cops have the authority to arrest you when you break certain laws like public intoxication and disorderly conduct. He was giving her a pass when he asked her to leave. She didn't take the pass so she got escorted out and arrested.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Laws are not set in stone. not sure why ppl think that how the CJ system works. every law is not enforced, because it would be counter productive to do so. like in this situation.
    what a waste of 🤬 time and effort because he was butthurt.