What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Jon Favreau’s ‘Jungle Book’ Trailer Gets Standing Ovation At Disney’s D23

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
d23-jungle-book.jpg

The director was joined onstage by stars Lupita Nyong’o, Ben Kingsley and newcomer Neel Sethi

Director Jon Favreau unveiled the first trailer for Disney’s “The Jungle Book” and brought stars Lupita Nyong’o, Ben Kingsley and newcomer Neel Sethi onstage at Saturday’s D23 Fan Expo in Anaheim.

Sethi plays the film’s young hero Mowgli, while Kingsley plays Bagheera the Panther and Nyong’o plays Raksha the Wolf. Favreau played up the eye-popping visual spectacle of the film, saying that “The best CGI is the CGI that disappears.”

Favreau revealed the film’s first poster and said they’d be giving out copies to fans after the presentation. After Favreau joked he didn’t have any footage ready, Sean Bailey asked him to look within his heart for a glimpse and Favreau obliged.

Also read: Live-Action 'Mulan' Movie Further Proof of Disney's Commitment to Diversity

The trailer opens with the smoky voice of Scarlett Johansson’s Kaa the Python talking about the Red Flower, which brings “warmth, light and destruction.”

Bagheera finds Mowgli and we’re told that “the jungle is no longer safe. I’ll return him to where he belongs.”

We see Idris Elba’s k!ller tiger Shere Khan stalking Mowgli through the outback in a thrilling sequence that ends with him jumping off a cliff, after which he’s discovered by Bill Murray’s Baloo the Bear. Baloo tells Mowgli to “relax” and that “there’s no need to get worked up.” Then he sings the classic Disney song “Bare Necessities,” a song about “the good life,” though Mowgli confesses he doesn’t know what a song is.

“Everyone’s got a song,” Baloo a.ssures him.

As the trailer nears its end, we see Shere Khan warning Mowgli that “if you come back, I’ll be waiting,” then the footage concludes with Christopher Walken’s orangutan King Louie saying “I am the king!” — which brought the house down.

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is animated right?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my favorite Disney movie coming up. I don't really know why they are making yet another version though.

Lupita is pretty as hell.

That's what I don't get. What makes this version different
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT El Coyote unknownGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf is this 🤬

I just read an article describing the trailer but they wont show it?

Sidebar: this about to make some serious money
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wish Mowgli was black.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is animated right?

Nah.

It's literally damn near a scene for scene recreation of the animated movie. Just in live action this time.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Peeping off the strength of bill murray voicing baloo.

In all seriousness though, hell of a cast for this. i like favreau movies too. most of them.

Except cowboys & aliens but that was the producers fault.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1st Disney version of this is still one of my all time favorite movies the music is/was amazo

I came in this thread kinda made til I read it lol & the cast looks solid can't wait to see how it turns out
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be a winner
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Where's the trailer?
  • matches malone
    matches malone These neeghas have no respect for me. Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    walken as king louie though..... brilliant
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 🤬 takes place in India or somewhere in that region right? Why would Mowgli be Black?

The blacks in India are called the Untouchables and in fact were there before the Indo-Euro ppl came
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerMembers Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Shere Kahn was a 🤬 boss. He's definitely underrated as far as Disney characters go. If he was in The Lion King and Mufasa had him on the sqaud Scar would have never tried that 🤬 .

S/N remember when they made Tale Spin and they put a suit on him and turned him in to a business man and he was still trill as 🤬 .

Shere Khan definitely could have his enforcer and Scar would've caught that ass whooping.
  • BangEm_Bart

The 🤬 takes place in India or somewhere in that region right? Why would Mowgli be Black?

Oh thought it was in Africa like Tarzan. Continue on.
  • BangEm_Bart

The blacks in India are called the Untouchables and in fact were there before the Indo-Euro ppl came

No no no, I'm a 🤬 . Please proceed.