What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Sega 6 Button Controller. The best gamepad ever?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had killer instinct but all other games for a 🤬 6-7 yr old with them damn buttons was killing me
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was good for its day.

Nobody can deny the Xbox 360 completely changed the game and set a new gold standard though.
  • Karl.
    I don't 🤬 with fighting games so I can't speak on that aspect.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Yea for fighting games that's all I played in the 90s. I had the sega Saturn with he import of xmen v street fighter which never came state side for the Saturn. 🤬 was great for it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Epistemophilic Pronounced Malk-artGuests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    It was good for its day.

Nobody can deny the Xbox 360 completely changed the game and set a new gold standard though.

with its controller? id say dualshock did that way before.
  • Karl.
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    It was good for its day.

with its controller? id say dualshock did that way before.

Yea that's true. The 360 perfected it though.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 360 controller goat for me except for fighting games. I heard xbone controllers improved in that aspect
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea for fighting games this and the original ps1 and ps2 controllers are the GOATS
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DualShock for PS1/2/3 >>>>>>>>>>>

That 6 button stick was classic, too.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Dual shock>>>>

I like to put the controller down and use my fingers on games like tekken... i also like how the d-pad is divided so I can pull off moves easier in guilty gear...

Even before then I prefered the super nintendo controller... but to each his own...
  • Melqart
    Melqart Epistemophilic Pronounced Malk-artGuests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Yea for fighting games this and the original ps1 and ps2 controllers are the GOATS

That reminds me. When SF4 came out back in 09, I copped one of those fightpads that completely bit off of the Sega design

510o3dwIy1L.jpg

This 🤬 🤬 broke down in a week. I'm suprised I conjured enough trust to cop the TE Stick. Any Mad Cat accessory other than that is still trash.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though, this was the best ps2 controller...

Logitech_Cordless_Action_Controller_%2B_Dongle.jpg
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the og ps1 controllers were great for fighters, but at the end of the day the wavebird controller takes the topspot for me.
    playstation-controller.jpeg
    51JFSBXC7ML.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

That reminds me. When SF4 came out back in 09, I copped one of those fightpads that completely bit off of the Sega design

510o3dwIy1L.jpg

This 🤬 🤬 broke down in a week. I'm suprised I conjured enough trust to cop the TE Stick. Any Mad Cat accessory other than that is still trash.

Mad catz te sticks.are goat my 🤬 still going strong 6 years later
  • KUSHCLICK314
    KUSHCLICK314 Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    You are nuttier than squirrel 🤬 if you think that old ass joystick can even compare to the new PS4 controller. This mufucka got a damn mic that you can talk through. Its wireless. It got sound effects coming through the speaker. No comparison at all. This 🤬 damn controller amazes me everyday.
  • Karl.
    The new ps4 controller has a terrible battery, comes with a short charge cable, has an annoying light that glares off the screen when you play in the dark and the analogs are covered in 🤬 soft rubber which peels off after a while.

It's a decent controller though.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps3 controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ps4 controller
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps2>ps3 controller

ps3 triggers were mad flimsy
  • KUSHCLICK314
    KUSHCLICK314 Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    I can agree with the battery life but there is no way in hell that you can compare the sega joystick to damn near any new consoles controller.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are nuttier than squirrel 🤬 if you think that old ass joystick can even compare to the new PS4 controller. This mufucka got a damn mic that you can talk through. Its wireless. It got sound effects coming through the speaker. No comparison at all. This 🤬 damn controller amazes me everyday.

have you noticed on GTA 5 when the cops chase you the lights flash blue and red on the controller ?,and when they

speak through their walkie's you hear it through the controller and it sounds like you're listening to a police scanner.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamcast controllers spawned all y'all 🤬 favorites.

But the GOAT controller is the Sega controller that had the automatic switch on it. 🤬 ended button mashing for so many games.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Cube pad was smooth
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought SNES had a better controller with the 4 face buttons and shoulder buttons.DS is the best though period and the DS4 is perfect for every type of game and how it feels.