What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Christians, How long have we been "living in the last days?"

24567

Comments

  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Assuming the last days DO come around, what exactly is the Bible 🤬 going to do about it? It did nothing during the Trans-Atlantic slavery days, I'm sure those days looked like the end of the world for millions of Africans, many of whom chose to jump off ships and land in cold water with sharks then be slaves to the white man.

    It did nothing when 100 million Native Americans were being murdered, poisoned, and killed off via disease from Europeans. When the aboriginals of Australia were being killed off and murdered for their land, I'm sure it felt like the last days for them as well, and once again the Bible 🤬 showed its laziness.

    No real reason to believe during the "real" last days that the Bible 🤬 would come to the rescue to anyone else. Ask the Jews during the 1940s how much the Bible 🤬 gave a 🤬 about them.

    If anything comes to our rescue during the "last days", it will be science and good natured people, not some 🤬 impotent being that has no history of saving others from genocide and other evils.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming the last days DO come around, what exactly is the Bible 🤬 going to do about it? It did nothing during the Trans-Atlantic slavery days, I'm sure those days looked like the end of the world for millions of Africans, many of whom chose to jump off ships and land in cold water with sharks then be slaves to the white man.

    It did nothing when 100 million Native Americans were being murdered, poisoned, and killed off via disease from Europeans. When the aboriginals of Australia were being killed off and murdered for their land, I'm sure it felt like the last days for them as well, and once again the Bible 🤬 showed its laziness.

    No real reason to believe during the "real" last days that the Bible 🤬 would come to the rescue to anyone else. Ask the Jews during the 1940s how much the Bible 🤬 gave a 🤬 about them.

    🤬 is not some babysitter. The evil that men do and the evil that men allow to flourish has to be dealt with by good men
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    The gospel being preached to all mankind
    increasing godlessness,evil, corruption of all sorts to a great magnitude.
    The return of israel
    the destruction of babylon
    the rise and rule of the antichrist

    these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.

    So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't 🤬 exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

    You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making 🤬 up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.

    It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.

    You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.

    Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible 🤬 . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible 🤬 isn't capable of much.

    That is a total misrepresentation, 🤬 did not just 🤬 people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.

    And what's the Bible 🤬 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

    Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible 🤬 's strong point.

    It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

    If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that 🤬 really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

    You may make your own human judgement on the actions of 🤬 but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.

    But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible 🤬 commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible 🤬 commanded that its followers do the same.

    Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible 🤬 is not logical, it's petty and childish.

    LOL where has 🤬 or Jesus every commanded any CHRISTIANS to do such a thing. If you read and understood the bible you would know that Jews don't equal Christian

    This is very true. Yeshua was a practioner of Judaism and spoke Aramaic. He never said start a new religion behind me
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For as long as 🤬 let something he created and foreseen persuade half of his other creations and make them rebel...the devil has more power than 🤬 according to the bible
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    I asked a simple question.
    okay, but when you say this:
    For one, how unbelievably arrogant do you have to be make such a claim as if you have any proof?
    i think i see his point.

  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsMembers Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want that in human days or 🤬 days lololol?
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuwop wrote: »
    For as long as 🤬 let something he created and foreseen persuade half of his other creations and make them rebel...the devil has more power than 🤬 according to the bible

    But he doesn't your whole statement is wrong and you probably
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    The gospel being preached to all mankind
    increasing godlessness,evil, corruption of all sorts to a great magnitude.
    The return of israel
    the destruction of babylon
    the rise and rule of the antichrist

    these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.

    So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't 🤬 exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

    You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making 🤬 up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.

    It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.

    You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.

    Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible 🤬 . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible 🤬 isn't capable of much.

    That is a total misrepresentation, 🤬 did not just 🤬 people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.

    And what's the Bible 🤬 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

    Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible 🤬 's strong point.

    It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

    If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that 🤬 really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

    You may make your own human judgement on the actions of 🤬 but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.

    But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible 🤬 commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible 🤬 commanded that its followers do the same.

    Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible 🤬 is not logical, it's petty and childish.

    LOL where has 🤬 or Jesus every commanded any CHRISTIANS to do such a thing. If you read and understood the bible you would know that Jews don't equal Christian

    This is very true. Yeshua was a practioner of Judaism and spoke Aramaic. He never said start a new religion behind me

    But it's not a brand new religion. It's the exact same religion of the OT
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Do you want that in human days or 🤬 days lololol?

    Good question. "🤬 " days are so off, word to Ben Carson. Specifically, Bible time is off like hell.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Wuwop wrote: »
    For as long as 🤬 let something he created and foreseen persuade half of his other creations and make them rebel...the devil has more power than 🤬 according to the bible

    But he doesn't your whole statement is wrong and you probably
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    The gospel being preached to all mankind
    increasing godlessness,evil, corruption of all sorts to a great magnitude.
    The return of israel
    the destruction of babylon
    the rise and rule of the antichrist

    these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.

    So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't 🤬 exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

    You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making 🤬 up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.

    It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.

    You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.

    Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible 🤬 . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible 🤬 isn't capable of much.

    That is a total misrepresentation, 🤬 did not just 🤬 people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.

    And what's the Bible 🤬 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

    Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible 🤬 's strong point.

    It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

    If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that 🤬 really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

    You may make your own human judgement on the actions of 🤬 but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.

    But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible 🤬 commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible 🤬 commanded that its followers do the same.

    Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible 🤬 is not logical, it's petty and childish.

    LOL where has 🤬 or Jesus every commanded any CHRISTIANS to do such a thing. If you read and understood the bible you would know that Jews don't equal Christian

    This is very true. Yeshua was a practioner of Judaism and spoke Aramaic. He never said start a new religion behind me

    But it's not a brand new religion. It's the exact same religion of the OT

    So why do so many Christians act like Old Testament rules don't matter? I won't turn this into a big religious debate, I'm just curious on why that is the case, especially with American Christians.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Wuwop wrote: »
    For as long as 🤬 let something he created and foreseen persuade half of his other creations and make them rebel...the devil has more power than 🤬 according to the bible

    But he doesn't your whole statement is wrong and you probably
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    The gospel being preached to all mankind
    increasing godlessness,evil, corruption of all sorts to a great magnitude.
    The return of israel
    the destruction of babylon
    the rise and rule of the antichrist

    these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.

    So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't 🤬 exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

    You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making 🤬 up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.

    It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.

    You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.

    Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible 🤬 . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible 🤬 isn't capable of much.

    That is a total misrepresentation, 🤬 did not just 🤬 people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.

    And what's the Bible 🤬 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

    Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible 🤬 's strong point.

    It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

    If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that 🤬 really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

    You may make your own human judgement on the actions of 🤬 but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.

    But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible 🤬 commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible 🤬 commanded that its followers do the same.

    Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible 🤬 is not logical, it's petty and childish.

    LOL where has 🤬 or Jesus every commanded any CHRISTIANS to do such a thing. If you read and understood the bible you would know that Jews don't equal Christian

    This is very true. Yeshua was a practioner of Judaism and spoke Aramaic. He never said start a new religion behind me

    But it's not a brand new religion. It's the exact same religion of the OT

    So why do so many Christians act like Old Testament rules don't matter? I won't turn this into a big religious debate, I'm just curious on why that is the case, especially with American Christians.

    Because the sacrifice of Jesus nullified alot.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Wuwop wrote: »
    For as long as 🤬 let something he created and foreseen persuade half of his other creations and make them rebel...the devil has more power than 🤬 according to the bible

    But he doesn't your whole statement is wrong and you probably
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    The gospel being preached to all mankind
    increasing godlessness,evil, corruption of all sorts to a great magnitude.
    The return of israel
    the destruction of babylon
    the rise and rule of the antichrist

    these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.

    So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't 🤬 exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

    You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making 🤬 up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.

    It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.

    You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.

    Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible 🤬 . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible 🤬 isn't capable of much.

    That is a total misrepresentation, 🤬 did not just 🤬 people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.

    And what's the Bible 🤬 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

    Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible 🤬 's strong point.

    It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

    If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that 🤬 really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

    You may make your own human judgement on the actions of 🤬 but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.

    But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible 🤬 commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible 🤬 commanded that its followers do the same.

    Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible 🤬 is not logical, it's petty and childish.

    LOL where has 🤬 or Jesus every commanded any CHRISTIANS to do such a thing. If you read and understood the bible you would know that Jews don't equal Christian

    This is very true. Yeshua was a practioner of Judaism and spoke Aramaic. He never said start a new religion behind me

    But it's not a brand new religion. It's the exact same religion of the OT

    So why do so many Christians act like Old Testament rules don't matter? I won't turn this into a big religious debate, I'm just curious on why that is the case, especially with American Christians.

    I have answered this for you a million times and it goes in one ear and right out the next you keep asking the same questions over and over. The old law is divided into different parts much of it LOGICALLY no longer applies even to jews because the actual nation of israel was destroyed and they have not rebuilt their central temple yet. for christians other parts of the law simply don't apply such is the case with all the sacrificial laws because jesus made the perfect sacrifice. Also it was the APOSTLE james who took over after christ died who simplified the faith for gentiles.

    This is not complex theology you went to catholic school and you didn't learn this.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    But just because Christ died for our Sins doesn't mean that the Laws don't apply today. Christ just made it easier to redeem ourselves because he was sent from 🤬 himself to get a better perspective on what it means to be Human, IMO. Among a few other reasons. That includes clearing your conscious and admitting your Sins to be able to grow as a person and move closer to Peace which is what Christ wants for us, which is what 🤬 wants for us, which is what we want for us (is it not?)


    As far as The actual time though, no Christian, Scientist, Buddhist, Agnostic, or Atheist can answer that. If no one can legit tell you what our definition of a Second is to The Creator(s) for whatever you believe in then it's not plausible to come up with a timeframe.


    I personally believe when the world as a whole becomes like present day downtown metropolitan america and everybody's agnostic along with a bigger population of atheists around then we'll be in those days. The weather will play a role in that too. Are we there today, technically Yes. Are we in the Final-final hours, not really IMO. We're definitely on our way tho. Too much evidence, Biblical or whatever you believe in that says yes.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniverseMembers Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be simple for 🤬 to show himself then for us scrambling to listen to you?
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Would it be simple for 🤬 to show himself then for us scrambling to listen to you?

    Truth be told you wouldn't even know if 🤬 was looking you dead in the eye everyday as you pass it by or not. You really don't know what Bro doin.


    You just want that "Men In Black" moment where K came back to his locker to show his face to the alien bugs he got in there
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Wuwop wrote: »
    For as long as 🤬 let something he created and foreseen persuade half of his other creations and make them rebel...the devil has more power than 🤬 according to the bible

    But he doesn't your whole statement is wrong and you probably
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    The gospel being preached to all mankind
    increasing godlessness,evil, corruption of all sorts to a great magnitude.
    The return of israel
    the destruction of babylon
    the rise and rule of the antichrist

    these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.

    So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't 🤬 exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

    You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making 🤬 up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.

    It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.

    You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.

    Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible 🤬 . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible 🤬 isn't capable of much.

    That is a total misrepresentation, 🤬 did not just 🤬 people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.

    And what's the Bible 🤬 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

    Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible 🤬 's strong point.

    It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

    If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that 🤬 really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

    You may make your own human judgement on the actions of 🤬 but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.

    But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible 🤬 commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible 🤬 commanded that its followers do the same.

    Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible 🤬 is not logical, it's petty and childish.

    LOL where has 🤬 or Jesus every commanded any CHRISTIANS to do such a thing. If you read and understood the bible you would know that Jews don't equal Christian

    This is very true. Yeshua was a practioner of Judaism and spoke Aramaic. He never said start a new religion behind me

    But it's not a brand new religion. It's the exact same religion of the OT

    So why do so many Christians act like Old Testament rules don't matter? I won't turn this into a big religious debate, I'm just curious on why that is the case, especially with American Christians.

    Because the sacrifice of Jesus nullified alot.

    Okay, and what rules from the Old Testament stand? Since there are so many Christian denominations as you said, I wonder how any Christian determines what rules stand and what rules were destroyed.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniverseMembers Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Would it be simple for 🤬 to show himself then for us scrambling to listen to you?

    Truth be told you wouldn't even know if 🤬 was looking you dead in the eye everyday as you pass it by or not. You really don't know what Bro doin.


    You just want that "Men In Black" moment where K came back to his locker to show his face to the alien bugs he got in there

    My point, no proof. So I'm not going to focus my life on things I cannot verify. Its illogical.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The question of how much jewish tradition and law should remains in the new covenant was dealt with in the bible just read it

    acts 15
    19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to 🤬 . 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

    Now a lone christian or even a whole denomination can take it upon himself/themselves to submit to more of the old law if he/they choose to there is prohibition on that.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Would it be simple for 🤬 to show himself then for us scrambling to listen to you?

    Truth be told you wouldn't even know if 🤬 was looking you dead in the eye everyday as you pass it by or not. You really don't know what Bro doin.


    You just want that "Men In Black" moment where K came back to his locker to show his face to the alien bugs he got in there

    My point, no proof. So I'm not going to focus my life on things I cannot verify. Its illogical.

    No one is telling you to
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniverseMembers Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    No
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Would it be simple for 🤬 to show himself then for us scrambling to listen to you?

    Truth be told you wouldn't even know if 🤬 was looking you dead in the eye everyday as you pass it by or not. You really don't know what Bro doin.


    You just want that "Men In Black" moment where K came back to his locker to show his face to the alien bugs he got in there

    My point, no proof. So I'm not going to focus my life on things I cannot verify. Its illogical.

    No one is telling you to

    Not yall. Family is and street preachers.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well compared to time we've lived longer than what we have left to live its inevitable
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniverseMembers Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    Well compared to time we've lived longer than what we have left to live its inevitable

    What?
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Emperor Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    You literally been making the exact same threads and posts since you registered. .which was at least six 🤬 years ago you autistic simpleton. You are Tupacfan and the christian 🤬 is your 50 cent...in other words shut the 🤬 up. Get a life already you weirdo 🤬 . The 🤬 is wrong with you? It would be one thing if you ever said some half way intelligent enlightened 🤬 but it's always baby ass 🤬 . Go ask Google 🤬 . You worse than ktulu was, as dense and boring as his commentary was he was at least funny sometimes. It's like every couple years I gotta tell your 🤬 this. Get a grip, you act like Jesus 🤬 your 🤬 , get out of 🤬 's bushes you 🤬 . Scratching his cars and 🤬 everyday but you swear he not real. Yall 🤬 psychos. You gotta be 🤬 .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's odd, really, about how everything needs to fall into place, why does it work like that?

    1. The increase of sin - why? Why wait for it to get worse? It seems as if the writers of the bible have written the cliché movie script. As soon as everything goes to 🤬 , here comes the hero to save the day. Why wouldn't 🤬 just save his people before the 🤬 hits the fan?

    2. If the increase of sin is a sign, and violence, wars, homosexuality, 🤬 etc are apart of it, why do religious people get scared and try to prevent same-sex marriage from happening? If it's "all apart of the plan/everything is for a reason", why fight against it.

    3. The Anti-Christ - makes no sense, because essentially, anyone who is against 🤬 is an "antichrist", and there's been millions of them. People are truly awaiting on a demon-baby/child/man? If it's according to "his will", why is everyone so scared of this guy?

    The list can go on as to how silly everything is. I can't fathom how an "all-loving" being can kick back his recliner and watch everything go to 🤬 , knowing every outcome, then decide, meh, I'll save you now.

    Imagine a leader like that. Imagine the president knows there will be a catastrophic attack, yet does nothing to notify anyone, or put any effort into stopping it. Then, after millions have died, he comes forth and "saves" people.

    He would be an evil individual.

    Why is 🤬 not in that same evil category?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    It's odd, really, about how everything needs to fall into place, why does it work like that?

    1. The increase of sin - why? Why wait for it to get worse? It seems as if the writers of the bible have written the cliché movie script. As soon as everything goes to 🤬 , here comes the hero to save the day. Why wouldn't 🤬 just save his people before the 🤬 hits the fan?

    2. If the increase of sin is a sign, and violence, wars, homosexuality, 🤬 etc are apart of it, why do religious people get scared and try to prevent same-sex marriage from happening? If it's "all apart of the plan/everything is for a reason", why fight against it.

    3. The Anti-Christ - makes no sense, because essentially, anyone who is against 🤬 is an "antichrist", and there's been millions of them. People are truly awaiting on a demon-baby/child/man? If it's according to "his will", why is everyone so scared of this guy?

    The list can go on as to how silly everything is. I can't fathom how an "all-loving" being can kick back his recliner and watch everything go to 🤬 , knowing every outcome, then decide, meh, I'll save you now.

    Imagine a leader like that. Imagine the president knows there will be a catastrophic attack, yet does nothing to notify anyone, or put any effort into stopping it. Then, after millions have died, he comes forth and "saves" people.

    He would be an evil individual.

    Why is 🤬 not in that same evil category?

    Because we have freewill and the future is largely open
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    It's odd, really, about how everything needs to fall into place, why does it work like that?

    1. The increase of sin - why? Why wait for it to get worse? It seems as if the writers of the bible have written the cliché movie script. As soon as everything goes to 🤬 , here comes the hero to save the day. Why wouldn't 🤬 just save his people before the 🤬 hits the fan?

    2. If the increase of sin is a sign, and violence, wars, homosexuality, 🤬 etc are apart of it, why do religious people get scared and try to prevent same-sex marriage from happening? If it's "all apart of the plan/everything is for a reason", why fight against it.

    3. The Anti-Christ - makes no sense, because essentially, anyone who is against 🤬 is an "antichrist", and there's been millions of them. People are truly awaiting on a demon-baby/child/man? If it's according to "his will", why is everyone so scared of this guy?

    The list can go on as to how silly everything is. I can't fathom how an "all-loving" being can kick back his recliner and watch everything go to 🤬 , knowing every outcome, then decide, meh, I'll save you now.

    Imagine a leader like that. Imagine the president knows there will be a catastrophic attack, yet does nothing to notify anyone, or put any effort into stopping it. Then, after millions have died, he comes forth and "saves" people.

    He would be an evil individual.

    Why is 🤬 not in that same evil category?

    Because we have freewill and the future is largely open
    You mentioned free will. I think it's paradoxical to say anyone has free will if 🤬 has already chosen our destinies. Christianity reeks of fatalism.