What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Apple event 9-9-15 (iphone reveal?)

TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
New iPhone probably will be introduced among other Apple products. Anyone interested?

Comments

  • banginscrew901banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it going to be the same iPhone as the previous 2??
  • TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno.but I'm gonna find out she the events over
  • TheBoyRoTheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple on Wednesday debuted its newest smartphones, the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus, giving the devices a new pressure-sensitive display, zippier processor and more powerful camera.

    "What we have to show you today is really awesome," CEO Tim Cook said during Apple's presentation at the Bill Graham Auditorium in downtown San Francisco. "While they may look familiar, we have changed everything about these new iPhones."

    This year's iPhone is Apple's off "S" year. That means Apple keeps the basic design of the device the same but adds other features to attract buyers, like the Siri digital voice assistant in the iPhone 4S and the TouchID fingerprint reader in the iPhone 5S.

    The iPhone has become more vital than ever to the company's financial results following the introduction of Apple's bigger-screen smartphones a year ago. It has made up more than two-thirds of sales in the past several quarters since Apple released the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in September 2014. Typically, the iPhone accounts for closer to 50 percent of Apple's revenue. That means keeping customers interested in the iPhone is critical for Apple to remain a major tech leader.

    A marquee feature for this year's iPhone 6S was expected to be the Force Touch technology used in the Apple Watch, a pressure-sensitive display that responds to various types of touches. The company instead unveiled 3D Touch, a feature that appears to have the same capabilities. For instance, it will enable a user to peek in an email by pressing down on the subject head.


    Using 3D Touch, users of the new iPhones can perform different actions based on the amount of pressure applied with a tap.
    In another notable change, Siri can be activated via voice for the first time, using the command "Hey Siri." That will allow users to ask the digital assistant to play music or make a phone call, even while they are washing dishes or preparing a meal. In older models, Siri can only be activated by pressing the phone's home button. The new feature helps Apple catch up to other voice-activated devices such as the Amazon Echo speaker and many Android phones.

    The new 4.7-inch 6S and 5.5-inch 6S Plus are the same size as last year's models. Preorders start Saturday and the devices go on sale September 25 in the US, UK, China, France, Japan, Australia and other markets. The phone will be available in 130 countries by year's end. Also, owners of newer models of the iPhone can upgrade to the new iOS 9 operating system starting September 16.

    Following Apple's typical pricing system, the base-model iPhone 6S will cost $649 without a two-year carrier contract. Prices for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be knocked down to 100.

    The new phones will include Apple's new A9 chip, which the company claims is 70 percent faster at computing tasks than the A8 chip in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. "It delivers a big jump in performance," Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing, said. "It's going to make using our phone faster and a lot more fun."

    The devices also come with a new 12-megapixel iSight back-facing camera, a boost from the 8-megapixel cameras in last year's phones. The 6S and 6S Plus have a stronger glass cover and their bodies are made of a new aluminum alloy that's available in four finishes: silver, gold, space gray and a new rose gold. Additionally, the new phones will come with faster LTE and Wi-Fi wireless connections, a faster TouchID sensor and the ability to shoot high-resolution 4K videos. The phone's screen now acts as a flash for selfie pictures. Also, a new "Live Photos" feature will capture the moments just before and after a picture is taken, so a user can watch a short video version of any photo by pressing down on the picture.


    The new phones come in silver, gold, space gray or rose gold.

    Apple also unveiled a new program through its Apple Stores, which will allow people to upgrade to a new iPhone every year, with monthly installments starting at $32. That program should help keep the iPhone a more affordable option for consumers, as carriers continue moving away from two-year contracts and reveal the iPhone's expensive $649 base price tag in the process.

    Because the new phone doesn't include major changes from last year's model, it's unlikely to reach the same level of record-breaking, runaway success as the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Those models' bigger screens helped attract tens of millions of new buyers, helping make the devices Apple's best-selling iPhones to date.

    Yet even if the new 6S devices don't garner the same consumer attention, they should still help Apple maintain its stranglehold on high-end smartphones. The company gobbled up nearly all the operating profits available in the smartphone industry in the first quarter this year.

    Apple's iPhone sales should remain strong in the coming year thanks to two major factors, said Carolina Milanesi, an analyst at Kantar Worldpanel. The install base for last year's blockbuster phones is still only 24 percent in the US and China, the device's two biggest markets. Additionally, those popular 2014 phones will soon become $100 cheaper, offering a big incentive to make a purchase, she said.


    However, worries have emerged that demand could be slowing down for Apple's biggest moneymaker. The smartphone market overall isn't growing as fast it once did. Shipments worldwide should rise only about 10 percent this year, according to IDC, well below the 28 percent increase in 2014, with China shouldering much of the responsibility for that slowdown. The smartphone market there has been maturing, and the country's stock market has been in turmoil amid concerns about an economic slowdown.

    Cook, in a rare move, last month emailed CNBC host Jim Cramer to say that despite concerns in the Chinese stock market, Apple has "continued to experience strong growth for our business in China through July and August."

  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait until the 7 next year...
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Basically 3D touch
    Better front camera with flash for selfie 🤬
    New rose gold colour
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    That rose gold hot. and 🤬 i might upgrade just cuz its easier too and wont really hurt the wallets.
  • DelphasDelphas NYMembers Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically they jacked ideas and concepts that were already popular and working from other companies and put that supposed Apple sheen on them.

    These cats ain't 🤬 . At least with the iPod and iPad they could legit argue they were innovating to a degree.
  • banginscrew901banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of want a new the ipod touch 128gb already have the 64 touch with ten gb of free space just straight music and some podcast on there. But I'll chill.
  • OuncemanOunceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    So essentially, the keynote was a rehash of what they've always done. release products with incremental updates and hardware specs that became outdated 2 years ago. then market it as "cutting edge and innovative technology". nothing new to see here
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphas wrote: »
    So basically they jacked ideas and concepts that were already popular and working from other companies and put that supposed Apple sheen on them.

    These cats ain't 🤬 . At least with the iPod and iPad they could legit argue they were innovating to a degree.

    That's literally what they've been doing for the better part of a decade.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    mwh pass on the new iphone
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    lol so full of 🤬 it's hilarious, they sell the same product over and over
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Members Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    lol so full of 🤬 it's hilarious, they sell the same product over and over

    I'm not a fan boy of either platform I use iOS and Android interchangeably, but I disagree with the statement they sell the same product year in and year out.

    I just came back from being on an Android mobile device for several years and there are many differences in this iPhone 6 Plus as opposed to my old iPhone 4 in terms of software.

    The hardware doesn't as change much admittedly, but it does change I remember when Apple started putting Touch ID in iPhones and Samsung scrambled and implemented the same tech in their phones right after even though it was a little half baked compared to the Apple version.

    No, iPhones do not have the specs of a flagship Android device nor does it offer the customization of an Android device but I find iOS and Android to be functionally the same other than that.

    Those bleeding edge specs on Android devices really don't translate into much difference in real world use either imo.

    Take Samsung again for instance they make amazing hardware, but I started to loathe touchwiz software after a few months on my Note 4 damn phone got buggy as hell with freezing up and not taking forever to transition between apps; this is not even to mention the 🤬 antennas they put in their phones that don't hold a signal well outside of metropolitan areas.

    iOS on the other hand is optimized for being fluid as opposed to packing a million features into a device many of which will be powered off after a week of owning the device.

    Android is a good platform and I will probably own other Android devices in the future but I was just pointing out the benefit of iOS and illustrating software changes and how it isn't recycling the same thing. @Cain
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    lol so full of 🤬 it's hilarious, they sell the same product over and over

    I'm not a fan boy of either platform I use iOS and Android interchangeably, but I disagree with the statement they sell the same product year in and year out.

    I just came back from being on an Android mobile device for several years and there are many differences in this iPhone 6 Plus as opposed to my old iPhone 4 in terms of software.

    The hardware doesn't as change much admittedly, but it does change I remember when Apple started putting Touch ID in iPhones and Samsung scrambled and implemented the same tech in their phones right after even though it was a little half baked compared to the Apple version.

    No, iPhones do not have the specs of a flagship Android device nor does it offer the customization of an Android device but I find iOS and Android to be functionally the same other than that.

    Those bleeding edge specs on Android devices really don't translate into much difference in real world use either imo.

    Take Samsung again for instance they make amazing hardware, but I started to loathe touchwiz software after a few months on my Note 4 damn phone got buggy as hell with freezing up and not taking forever to transition between apps; this is not even to mention the 🤬 antennas they put in their phones that don't hold a signal well outside of metropolitan areas.

    iOS on the other hand is optimized for being fluid as opposed to packing a million features into a device many of which will be powered off after a week of owning the device.

    Android is a good platform and I will probably own other Android devices in the future but I was just pointing out the benefit of iOS and illustrating software changes and how it isn't recycling the same thing. @Cain

    The thing about Android is you can do what you want with the OS. If i don't want touchwiz I can just root it and use a custom ROM.
  • AP21AP21 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    lol so full of 🤬 it's hilarious, they sell the same product over and over

    I'm not a fan boy of either platform I use iOS and Android interchangeably, but I disagree with the statement they sell the same product year in and year out.

    I just came back from being on an Android mobile device for several years and there are many differences in this iPhone 6 Plus as opposed to my old iPhone 4 in terms of software.

    The hardware doesn't as change much admittedly, but it does change I remember when Apple started putting Touch ID in iPhones and Samsung scrambled and implemented the same tech in their phones right after even though it was a little half baked compared to the Apple version.

    No, iPhones do not have the specs of a flagship Android device nor does it offer the customization of an Android device but I find iOS and Android to be functionally the same other than that.

    Those bleeding edge specs on Android devices really don't translate into much difference in real world use either imo.

    Take Samsung again for instance they make amazing hardware, but I started to loathe touchwiz software after a few months on my Note 4 damn phone got buggy as hell with freezing up and not taking forever to transition between apps; this is not even to mention the 🤬 antennas they put in their phones that don't hold a signal well outside of metropolitan areas.

    iOS on the other hand is optimized for being fluid as opposed to packing a million features into a device many of which will be powered off after a week of owning the device.

    Android is a good platform and I will probably own other Android devices in the future but I was just pointing out the benefit of iOS and illustrating software changes and how it isn't recycling the same thing. @Cain

    The thing about Android is you can do what you want with the OS. If i don't want touchwiz I can just root it and use a custom ROM.

    ehhh...you cant just easily root anymore like you could back in the day

    the LG G4 just got root a couple months ago after coming out in early spring. But to solve the touchwiz issue, just d/d a different launcher
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    AP21 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    lol so full of 🤬 it's hilarious, they sell the same product over and over

    I'm not a fan boy of either platform I use iOS and Android interchangeably, but I disagree with the statement they sell the same product year in and year out.

    I just came back from being on an Android mobile device for several years and there are many differences in this iPhone 6 Plus as opposed to my old iPhone 4 in terms of software.

    The hardware doesn't as change much admittedly, but it does change I remember when Apple started putting Touch ID in iPhones and Samsung scrambled and implemented the same tech in their phones right after even though it was a little half baked compared to the Apple version.

    No, iPhones do not have the specs of a flagship Android device nor does it offer the customization of an Android device but I find iOS and Android to be functionally the same other than that.

    Those bleeding edge specs on Android devices really don't translate into much difference in real world use either imo.

    Take Samsung again for instance they make amazing hardware, but I started to loathe touchwiz software after a few months on my Note 4 damn phone got buggy as hell with freezing up and not taking forever to transition between apps; this is not even to mention the 🤬 antennas they put in their phones that don't hold a signal well outside of metropolitan areas.

    iOS on the other hand is optimized for being fluid as opposed to packing a million features into a device many of which will be powered off after a week of owning the device.

    Android is a good platform and I will probably own other Android devices in the future but I was just pointing out the benefit of iOS and illustrating software changes and how it isn't recycling the same thing. @Cain

    The thing about Android is you can do what you want with the OS. If i don't want touchwiz I can just root it and use a custom ROM.

    ehhh...you cant just easily root anymore like you could back in the day

    the LG G4 just got root a couple months ago after coming out in early spring. But to solve the touchwiz issue, just d/d a different launcher

    Ping-pong Root can root any Android device and its a app. Correct about the Launcher I use Nova Launcher to me it's the best out there.
  • mosincrediblemosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    lol so full of 🤬 it's hilarious, they sell the same product over and over

    I'm not a fan boy of either platform I use iOS and Android interchangeably, but I disagree with the statement they sell the same product year in and year out.

    I just came back from being on an Android mobile device for several years and there are many differences in this iPhone 6 Plus as opposed to my old iPhone 4 in terms of software.

    The hardware doesn't as change much admittedly, but it does change I remember when Apple started putting Touch ID in iPhones and Samsung scrambled and implemented the same tech in their phones right after even though it was a little half baked compared to the Apple version.

    No, iPhones do not have the specs of a flagship Android device nor does it offer the customization of an Android device but I find iOS and Android to be functionally the same other than that.

    Those bleeding edge specs on Android devices really don't translate into much difference in real world use either imo.

    Take Samsung again for instance they make amazing hardware, but I started to loathe touchwiz software after a few months on my Note 4 damn phone got buggy as hell with freezing up and not taking forever to transition between apps; this is not even to mention the 🤬 antennas they put in their phones that don't hold a signal well outside of metropolitan areas.

    iOS on the other hand is optimized for being fluid as opposed to packing a million features into a device many of which will be powered off after a week of owning the device.

    Android is a good platform and I will probably own other Android devices in the future but I was just pointing out the benefit of iOS and illustrating software changes and how it isn't recycling the same thing. @Cain

    The thing about Android is you can do what you want with the OS. If i don't want touchwiz I can just root it and use a custom ROM.

    ehhh...you cant just easily root anymore like you could back in the day

    the LG G4 just got root a couple months ago after coming out in early spring. But to solve the touchwiz issue, just d/d a different launcher

    Ping-pong Root can root any Android device and its a app. Correct about the Launcher I use Nova Launcher to me it's the best out there.

    On AT&T & Verizon, rooting is another ballgame. The Note 4 still has no real root and the Note 5 has no root at all. I've actually given up on Samsung phones from AT&T cause I already know root will never happen. You should see the sadness and failed bounties on xda. Tears everywhere. I'm rocking my G3 still & loving it but craving a fingerprint reader.

    I'm die-hard Android fan and I'm not leaving AT&T with unlimited data. My choices are mad slim for a 128GB phone with a fingerprint reader. There currently are none but the iPhone & S6. I'm hoping the new Nexus has a 128GB version or I may have to sit out this whole year of phones.
  • AP21AP21 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    lol so full of 🤬 it's hilarious, they sell the same product over and over

    I'm not a fan boy of either platform I use iOS and Android interchangeably, but I disagree with the statement they sell the same product year in and year out.

    I just came back from being on an Android mobile device for several years and there are many differences in this iPhone 6 Plus as opposed to my old iPhone 4 in terms of software.

    The hardware doesn't as change much admittedly, but it does change I remember when Apple started putting Touch ID in iPhones and Samsung scrambled and implemented the same tech in their phones right after even though it was a little half baked compared to the Apple version.

    No, iPhones do not have the specs of a flagship Android device nor does it offer the customization of an Android device but I find iOS and Android to be functionally the same other than that.

    Those bleeding edge specs on Android devices really don't translate into much difference in real world use either imo.

    Take Samsung again for instance they make amazing hardware, but I started to loathe touchwiz software after a few months on my Note 4 damn phone got buggy as hell with freezing up and not taking forever to transition between apps; this is not even to mention the 🤬 antennas they put in their phones that don't hold a signal well outside of metropolitan areas.

    iOS on the other hand is optimized for being fluid as opposed to packing a million features into a device many of which will be powered off after a week of owning the device.

    Android is a good platform and I will probably own other Android devices in the future but I was just pointing out the benefit of iOS and illustrating software changes and how it isn't recycling the same thing. @Cain

    The thing about Android is you can do what you want with the OS. If i don't want touchwiz I can just root it and use a custom ROM.

    ehhh...you cant just easily root anymore like you could back in the day

    the LG G4 just got root a couple months ago after coming out in early spring. But to solve the touchwiz issue, just d/d a different launcher

    Ping-pong Root can root any Android device and its a app. Correct about the Launcher I use Nova Launcher to me it's the best out there.

    never heard of ping-pong root...bout to check this out...thanks
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 6s is actually pretty nice when i had a play with it. The 3D touch does change how the phone works.
Sign In or Register to comment.