What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Happy 16th Birthday To The Sega Dreamcast

grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rackMembers Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
It was to be Sega's last video game console, and although it was a financial failure, the Sega Dreamcast still has a passionate and devoted fanbase to this day.

After a series of failures with the Saturn, 32X and Sega CD, Sega launched into the 128-bit generation first with the Sega Dreamcast, which made its debut in North America on September 9th, 1999.

The game featured more advanced graphics than other current consoles of the day, and launched with popular franchises such as Sonic Adventure and Sega 2K Sports and would later feature new original games such as Crazy Taxi and Shenmue.

The game had support from many third parties, such as Capcom and Acclaim, but notably had no games from Electronic Arts.

Although it sold well to start, it began to face harsh competition from Sony's Playstation 2, which launched in 2000. Sega's finances began to falter, and the Sega Dreamcast was discontinued in 2001 in the US, and a year later overseas.

Sega would go to embrace a “platform agnostic” policy that would see them publishing for former rivals Nintendo, as well as Sony and Microsoft.

Despite its short life, the Dreamcast is well-regarded by many in the gaming community. It had a large library of Sega titles, including many arcade ports, as well as several installments in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.

Several Dreamcast titles were later re-released for other consoles, such as the Sonic Adventure series, Crazy Taxi and more.

DCBD-750x543_zps6kdw2wxh.png

Comments

• Bcotton5Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat arcade ports
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I had

Sonic adventure
    Power stone (they need to make another one)
    Outtrigger
    NFL 2k1
    Crazy taxi
    MVC2
    Time crisis (even had the light gun)
    Ape escape (GOAT soundtrack)
    Worms Armageddon
    Jet grind radio

If there was more I can't remember
  • satyronesatyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to buy another one maybe get a import one for all the great import games I missed. I think i still have most of my games
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    I had

Sonic adventure
    Outtrigger
    NFL 2k1
    Crazy taxi
    MVC2
    Worms Armageddon
    Jet grind radio

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure there is a Power Stone 2...
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jet Grind Radio was the 🤬 ...
    edited September 2015
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    I had

Sonic adventure
    Outtrigger
    NFL 2k1
    Crazy taxi
    MVC2
    Worms Armageddon
    Jet grind radio

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure there is a Power Stone 2...

Yeah there is but I meant for this current generation
    Nostalgia

• grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    satyrone wrote: »
    I need to buy another one maybe get a import one for all the great import games I missed. I think i still have most of my games

Better hop on that while they are affordable. The sudden interest in Shenmue has driven up the demand and price on Dreamcast consoles. You don't need a Japanese console to play imports. All you need is a game shark or code breaker disc.
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Old ass pic, but here is some of my Dreamcast collection. Post yours.
    1897980_410020269133553_1217825789_n_zps7d0gsvsp.jpg

I'm the GOAT MVC1 & KOF 99 player, mang I STILL got them joints :+1:
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I picked up a used DC a gamestop when they were still selling them for like $20
  • satyronesatyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    satyrone wrote: »

Better hop on that while they are affordable. The sudden interest in Shenmue has driven up the demand and price on Dreamcast consoles. You don't need a Japanese console to play imports. All you need is a game shark or code breaker disc.

I still have one but I dont know if it is in working condition. Last time I played it my VMU was 🤬 lost everything one there and I still have my copy of Shenmue for it.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    THIS 🤬 WAS GOAT FOR ITS TIME.

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 >>>>>>>>
  • TheManInBlack4.0TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Fond memories of Shenmue.
  • bscoopbscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget they introduced online gaming
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    bscoop wrote: »
    Don't forget they introduced online gaming

Dreamcast was the first console to come with a modem straight out the box. Genesis and SNES had online features with The XBAND service.

Genesis also had The Sega Channel Online Service.
  • cyr0gencyr0gen Members Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I knew where my damn Sega CD went.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the best Arcade ports of all time
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemMembers Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all my sega consoles burnt out every single one of them i had like 3 segas 2 dreamcast smh
  • CracceRCracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know whats underrated?
  • CracceRCracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    CracceR wrote: »
    you know whats underrated?

virtua tennis, virtua fighter and phantasy star online