What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Most Overrated Wrestler Ever...

Mdizzle9000Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gotta be Sting. 🤬 Sting.

Comments

• Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    Shawn Michaels is the most overrated wrestler ever
  • BangEm_Bart BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edge, Chris Jericho, Triple H and a few others I forgot.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Overrated by whom and in what way?

As far as work is concerned Austin vs Rock are overrated to me but I think they are awesome talents. I never really got hype for their matches together.

Goldberg is overrated, his job was easy as hell. Edge is too...see my Edge vs RKO thread for my feelings on him.

Hogan had the same match with everybody, some people say that about Flair too but Hogan's formula is 🤬 🤬 awful and ruined a few really good matches he had...which is why his most classic matches to me are matches he lost...which I think is the point.

I understand all he did for wrestling but I never liked hogan

Hogan and Warrior were definitely overrated.
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John-Cena-john-cena-12141542-816-1023.jpg

lmao no one rates him highly. anyone who's objective about him is called a stan
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the first three posts in this thread are insanely horrible btw, and that includes hhh, he's overrated but not nearly the most.

that'd be hogan or warrior.
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cena overrated to me in the sense they been pushing this dude as the top star way too long now. He's not even a good talent and his character is just Hogan 2000. When they tried to act like "Rock vs Cena" was this huge deal, that solidified his overrated stature to me.
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Here's my top 5 most overrated wrestlers:

Goldberg - if his matches went more than 5 minutes they were a snoozefest. He had no charisma, he had a cool persona and that's it. He wasn't even a good champion. He beat 97% of the WCW roster and it got to the point where it was just lame.

Hulk Hogan - boring ass matches, he was passionate but his matches were boring, his mic skills, gimmick and WWF's marketing machine were what made him so successful. Aside from that tho, you never hear him mentioned in most wrestlers' top 10 lists. Hogan was/is a terrible wrestler. He's even worse than Cena.

Lex Luger - big, buff and dumb as a rock, he had no ring skills, barely any athleticism, and the WORST gimmick. The Narcissist ? Get that 🤬 outta here SMMFH. He barely even had a moveset, european uppercuts, forearm smashes, mudstomps, a body slam, or power slam, military press and the torture rack SMMFH.

Kevin Nash - if you breath, his legs go out SMMFH LOLOLOLOL. He had amazing mic skills but no in-ring ability at all. The quintessential 5 moves of doom example, he had a sidewalk slam, the uppercut, the big boot, the Jacknife Powerbom and the hair flip LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. How Nash was able to get to the top of the food chain in both promotions lends credence to the fact he was as swarmy and charming socially as they come.

🤬 Foley - his matches were only entertaining because he got his ass beat every night in the worst way. 🤬 if I wanted 🤬 tho I'd just go watch ECW. He had multiple title reigns too, no hate just being real. He made harcore wrestling a staple in the WWE but the WWE used him as a 🤬 to get one over ECW and stop ppl from watching it.

Scott Steiner - Just in-ring GARBAGE. Funny on a mic but no in-ring skills at all, the super steroids 🤬 was a terrible gimmick. Somehow this 🤬 got like 3 world championship runs in both WCW and the WWE. This fool had beach blonde hair, he shouldn't have been allowed to wrestle. Again he was another example of a swarmy dude who could politic but in the ring he was HORRIBLE.

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Yo I don't like Cena as a wrestler but I can't hate on him because he works so freakin hard, has laid down for most of the cast to put a lot of undeserving ass 🤬 over and he also mastered the ability to politic and turn himself into a brand. He's gotten better over the years as a wrestler.
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easily Bret Hart. Just because he is soooo dreadful on the mic but his matches are GOAT
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Sion wrote: »

Goldberg - if his matches went more than 5 minutes they were a snoozefest. He had no charisma, he had a cool persona and that's it. He wasn't even a good champion. He beat 97% of the WCW roster and it got to the point where it was just lame.

Hulk Hogan - boring ass matches, he was passionate but his matches were boring, his mic skills, gimmick and WWF's marketing machine were what made him so successful. Aside from that tho, you never hear him mentioned in most wrestlers' top 10 lists. Hogan was/is a terrible wrestler. He's even worse than Cena.

Lex Luger - big, buff and dumb as a rock, he had no ring skills, barely any athleticism, and the WORST gimmick. The Narcissist ? Get that 🤬 outta here SMMFH. He barely even had a moveset, european uppercuts, forearm smashes, mudstomps, a body slam, or power slam, military press and the torture rack SMMFH.

Kevin Nash - if you breath, his legs go out SMMFH LOLOLOLOL. He had amazing mic skills but no in-ring ability at all. The quintessential 5 moves of doom example, he had a sidewalk slam, the uppercut, the big boot, the Jacknife Powerbom and the hair flip LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. How Nash was able to get to the top of the food chain in both promotions lends credence to the fact he was as swarmy and charming socially as they come.

🤬 Foley - his matches were only entertaining because he got his ass beat every night in the worst way. 🤬 if I wanted 🤬 tho I'd just go watch ECW. He had multiple title reigns too, no hate just being real. He made harcore wrestling a staple in the WWE but the WWE used him as a 🤬 to get one over ECW and stop ppl from watching it.

Scott Steiner - Just in-ring GARBAGE. Funny on a mic but no in-ring skills at all, the super steroids 🤬 was a terrible gimmick. Somehow this 🤬 got like 3 world championship runs in both WCW and the WWE. This fool had beach blonde hair, he shouldn't have been allowed to wrestle. Again he was another example of a swarmy dude who could politic but in the ring he was HORRIBLE.

Hulk before the Hulkamania gimmick could wrestle for a man his size
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Members Posts: 25,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »

dont u ever dare disrespect the insanity that is 🤬 foley, id stuff a sock in yo mouth
  • RobCoLifeRobCoLife Only finger I point is the middle one in the air! Fortress of Solitude Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christian
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    For me it's between RVD, Edge and Jeff Hardy.
  • Neophyte WolfgangNeophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of what hype or ring skills or both? I would say Sting.....when WCW was hot, they use to sweat sting he would make random appearances every few months. Dude was a poor mans crow, his whole gimmick was cheesy.

Add Hogan on that list to
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobCoLife wrote: »
    26.jpg

Who in the hell hold him in high regard for him to be considered overrated
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy Knockin em off they feet like a southerner supposed to do Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO

its Hulk Hogan w/o a doubt tbh I never really found him THAT entertaining not even Hollywood Hogan

still cant deny his impact on the biz tho...
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    JokerKing wrote: »

you already know where Im going with this.....

HoarseLoathsomeAidi.gif

lol gotdamn he even super sized the gif
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ric Flair

Go 🤬 yourself in advance
    Broddie wrote: »
    For me it's between RVD, Edge and Jeff Hardy.
    In terms of what hype or ring skills or both? I would say Sting.....when WCW was hot, they use to sweat sting he would make random appearances every few months. Dude was a poor mans crow, his whole gimmick was cheesy.
    Ric Flair
    JokerKing wrote: »
    HoarseLoathsomeAidi.gif