What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Maurice White - co-founder of Earth, Wind, & Fire - passes away today (2/4)

Mister B.
Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box!Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in R&B & Alternatives
The link

Maurice White, co-founder of Earth, Wind & Fire, died in his sleep Thursday morning ... TMZ has learned.

Maurice died in L.A. after a long battle with Parkinson's. He was diagnosed in 1992 and his condition deteriorated in recent months. The disease had progressed to the point he was forced to stop touring with the band 1994.

The band had a string of hits, including "Shining Star," "September," "Boogie Wonderland," and "After the Love has Gone."
In 2000, the band was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Maurice was individually inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2010.

Maurice's brother, Verdine, is also a band member.

Although Maurice wasn't touring, he remained involved in the decisions regarding the band.

Maurice was 74.
Rest in Musical Harmony, Brother White.

Glad I got to see EWF live at least once. One of the best shows I ever saw....

Bumping EWF for the rest of the week.

Comments

• KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn man. RIP.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest in Power and Thank You.

Devotion and That's The Way of the World are more than songs to me.
  • ikesmood
    ikesmood Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    That guy & the band came from Chicago...the "greens" if I'm not mistaken. Powerful music they made. It's all about love is a favorite of mine.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over here in real tears damn man.
    Elements don't die they live on for eternity. I wasn't even alive when Earth Wind and Fire was in their "prime" but somehow they have songs that mean something to me at each point of my life. Maurice White may have passed on to "boogie wonderland" but the music lives forever.
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, my homegirl told me about this, I grew up on EWF, I have a bunch of their albums, they started off with Ramsey Lewis
  • south4life
    south4life Bama Repesenta! Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got off work and seen them talking bout it on Facebook.
    Can't believe it, E, W & F is my favorite because of my mother loving them and playing their music all the time growing up.

First Natalie Cole, then David Bowie and now Maurice White....Wow!
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Soul station out here played a tribute to ewf all day the day he died. People was calling in mad distraught. That's the power of great music man.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Way too many Tommy's not enough Ghosts.. Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP.