What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Better Current "Production", Kanye or Rick Ross

S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in The Reason
In light of the TLOP thread, and since were used to Kanye having such groundbreaking and superior "production" , is it REALLY that great?

Id argue Ross has far less misses, and more hits, than current Kanye, amd i think the pomp and ceremony surrounding Kanye surpasses the actual beats. ...where as Justice Legue, Cool n Dre, etc do just as good and in my humble opinion better for Ross

So in your opinion who has better beats these days, Kanye TLOP or Ross on Black Market/ Black Dollar

I figure this is an apples to apples comparison since both have much to be desired lyrically, and neither makes beats.

Better Current "Production", Kanye or Rick Ross 18 votes

Kanye
38%
eternal soldiersTaY_TrUeBobOblahsoulfulcatmacadonwooTheGOATMrs. Me Too 7 votes
Rick Ross
61%
S2JBcotton5bigbird_1awwwwwwwwwwwilledoutspit_fiyaMr.LVmosincredibleRickyRichTrillfateAggieLean. 11 votes

Comments

  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    That's tough. Ross is arguably the Goat at choosing high quality production, but Ye is still a beast. If we're just going off their most recent projects, I'd say Ross. But Ye cooked up one of the best RnB beats last year with "tell your friends" , tough choice.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    If i had to make my case id roll these out












    And there's a dozen more lol Its not close
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT El Coyote unknownGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanye
    I listened to Ross last drop once and i was done with it.

    Pablo been in the whip for 2 weeks now
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk. cant go wrong with either imo. ross production is always great but TLOP damn sure wasnt slacking production wise (father stretch my hands pt. 1, famous, waves, the end of fml, no more parties in LA)

    and like someone earlier mentioned, the tell your friends beat was smooth as 🤬 . factor in jukebox joints, all your fault, i dont 🤬 with you etc.

    kanye and the other 7 producers he works with per song be cooking up some 🤬

    now if this thread was about who's better today lyrically, kanye takes the L

    that bleached 🤬 line is unforgivable b
  • Go figure
    Go figure Sion the GoGuests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    i havent listened to TLOP yet but anytime i heard some ross 🤬 aside from radio hits it was one and done listen, even when i was really feeling the track/production. Only ross album i ever bought was the first one and i 🤬 with it heavy.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich RUCKWORLDMembers Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    Dont like ross but he got a good ear for beats
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    feelings bout to come out
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemMembers Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call it even imo
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    Rozayyy...even the production on the Black Dollar mixtape was excellent
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate Ross but Money and Powder from Black Dollar is my 🤬 but production-wise Ye >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ross
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't give a fair answer since I haven't heard any roos project in full since "deeper than rap" but TLOP has good production
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Rick Ross
    Can't give a fair answer since I haven't heard any roos project in full since "deeper than rap" but TLOP has good production

    Serious question, what exactly do you mean by this? Lol Anyone answer

    Bc in the context people use it with Kanye im inclined to believe it means crisp sounds, nice synths, a nice snare, good editing, engineering, and all sorts of 🤬 that i personally couldn't care less about and no one mentions with most music

    Drop me a BEAT that you say yo this beat is crazy off TLOP . Other than Father Stretch my Hands...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    Favorite beat and song from Rick Ross.
    https://youtu.be/SHSzRf8DiKA
    
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Can't give a fair answer since I haven't heard any roos project in full since "deeper than rap" but TLOP has good production

    Serious question, what exactly do you mean by this? Lol Anyone answer

    Bc in the context people use it with Kanye im inclined to believe it means crisp sounds, nice synths, a nice snare, good editing, engineering, and all sorts of 🤬 that i personally couldn't care less about and no one mentions with most music

    Drop me a BEAT that you say yo this beat is crazy off TLOP . Other than Father Stretch my Hands...

    "drop a dope beat from the album. not that beat though because it hurts my argument"

    the 🤬 ?
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    Easy.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Rick Ross
    S2J wrote: »
    Can't give a fair answer since I haven't heard any roos project in full since "deeper than rap" but TLOP has good production

    Serious question, what exactly do you mean by this? Lol Anyone answer

    Bc in the context people use it with Kanye im inclined to believe it means crisp sounds, nice synths, a nice snare, good editing, engineering, and all sorts of 🤬 that i personally couldn't care less about and no one mentions with most music

    Drop me a BEAT that you say yo this beat is crazy off TLOP . Other than Father Stretch my Hands...

    "drop a dope beat from the album. not that beat though because it hurts my argument"

    the 🤬 ?

    Nice deflection. Drop some beats. I dropped 6 from Ross album and can drop 6 more easy.

    I'll put the house up u cant do the same for Kanye
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    S2J wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Can't give a fair answer since I haven't heard any roos project in full since "deeper than rap" but TLOP has good production

    Serious question, what exactly do you mean by this? Lol Anyone answer

    Bc in the context people use it with Kanye im inclined to believe it means crisp sounds, nice synths, a nice snare, good editing, engineering, and all sorts of 🤬 that i personally couldn't care less about and no one mentions with most music

    Drop me a BEAT that you say yo this beat is crazy off TLOP . Other than Father Stretch my Hands...

    "drop a dope beat from the album. not that beat though because it hurts my argument"

    the 🤬 ?

    Drop some beats.
    idk. cant go wrong with either imo. ross production is always great but TLOP damn sure wasnt slacking production wise (father stretch my hands pt. 1, famous, waves, the end of fml, no more parties in LA)

    you not even paying attention to your own thread
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    S2J wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Can't give a fair answer since I haven't heard any roos project in full since "deeper than rap" but TLOP has good production

    Serious question, what exactly do you mean by this? Lol Anyone answer

    Bc in the context people use it with Kanye im inclined to believe it means crisp sounds, nice synths, a nice snare, good editing, engineering, and all sorts of 🤬 that i personally couldn't care less about and no one mentions with most music

    Drop me a BEAT that you say yo this beat is crazy off TLOP . Other than Father Stretch my Hands...

    "drop a dope beat from the album. not that beat though because it hurts my argument"

    the 🤬 ?

    Drop some beats.
    idk. cant go wrong with either imo. ross production is always great but TLOP damn sure wasnt slacking production wise (father stretch my hands pt. 1, famous, waves, the end of fml, no more parties in LA)

    you not even paying attention to your own thread

    Sorry, i meant some GOOD beats . That's not on par with what Ross comin with
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Can't give a fair answer since I haven't heard any roos project in full since "deeper than rap" but TLOP has good production

    Serious question, what exactly do you mean by this? Lol Anyone answer

    Bc in the context people use it with Kanye im inclined to believe it means crisp sounds, nice synths, a nice snare, good editing, engineering, and all sorts of 🤬 that i personally couldn't care less about and no one mentions with most music

    Drop me a BEAT that you say yo this beat is crazy off TLOP . Other than Father Stretch my Hands...

    "drop a dope beat from the album. not that beat though because it hurts my argument"

    the 🤬 ?

    Drop some beats.
    idk. cant go wrong with either imo. ross production is always great but TLOP damn sure wasnt slacking production wise (father stretch my hands pt. 1, famous, waves, the end of fml, no more parties in LA)

    you not even paying attention to your own thread

    Might as well leave it alone bruh
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Speaking of Kanye and J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League...