What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Doom vs wolfenstien. who stood the time of time

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threatwalking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
i am talking from the first to the latest.

which would you rather play ...lets talk about it

Comments

• Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Wolfenstein for me

I played the first one on MS-DOS waaaaaayy back and even played the recent games on PS3 and XB1. The newer games are so incredibly well written and out together it amazes me they bigger than they are. I own Wolfenstein 3D on ps3 it's easily one of the best first person shooters for single player on the console. It cheeses me how slept on it is.

I used to play DOOM for SNES, and it was hard af. I loved the game tho. DOOM didn't fair as well over time because of I think the company's doing or something else but at least it got a movie with The Rock.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Me and my brother beat Wolfenstein back in 97-98 on DOS good times good times
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember taking down 🤬 in that robot suit lol, use to play that 🤬 on pc at a friends house, computer was so sophisticated it blew my mind, had a audio greeting when it started up, friends oldest brother was on some next lvl 🤬 back in the early 90s lol, think we used cheatcodes or bugs to beat the game though

Mein Leben!

Dont remember playing doom 2, last I played was 3 on the og xbox, was more survival horror than an all out shooter but it was still awesome..

I 🤬 with Wolfenstein more due to nostalgia ,read great reviews about the new doom though, 🤬 went back to its roots, gameplay orientated again.

I hope they bring Quake back, the last great deathmatch/multiplayer shooter I played was Quake 3 Arena...unreal championship games in the og xbox were fiya aswell...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember taking down 🤬 in that robot suit lol, use to play that 🤬 on pc at a friends house, computer was so sophisticated it blew my mind, had a audio greeting when it started up, friends oldest brother was on some next lvl 🤬 back in the early 90s lol, think we used cheatcodes or bugs to beat the game though

Mein Leben!

Dont remember playing doom 2, last I played was 3 on the og xbox, was more survival horror than an all out shooter but it was still awesome..

I 🤬 with Wolfenstein more due to nostalgia ,read great reviews about the new doom though, 🤬 went back to its roots, gameplay orientated again.

I hope they bring Quake back, the last great deathmatch/multiplayer shooter I played was Quake 3 Arena...unreal championship games in the og xbox were fiya aswell...

awww 🤬 .......the man said quake

that has to be my all time favorite....but i seem to had forgot about it.

i think thats where the term BFG came from
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfenstien since it actually has a story but neither personally. FPS is just an outdated genre that survives off MP.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Used to play both on my old man's PC back in the early 90s but preferred Doom. It just left a lasting impression on me. Nothing quite like it at the time. It was Wolfenstein 3D on steroids.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mein Leben!

awww 🤬 .......the man said quake

that has to be my all time favorite....but i seem to had forgot about it.

i think thats where the term BFG came from

Nah it came from Doom.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Used to play both on my old man's PC back in the early 90s but preferred Doom. It just left a lasting impression on me. Nothing quite like it at the time. It was Wolfenstein 3D on steroids.

That's how it was for me when I played it on a family friend's PC. Then I realized the only thing special about it was that it was the first FPS I played and the theme at the time was different from all the Nintendo/Sega games, but as a game it was mediocre. Games like Metroid, Mario, Sonic, Zelda and Castlevania destroyed it.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doom...

Remember Heretic? Corridor 7?

Or the GOAT: Terminal Terror?

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember heretic...good game