What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

WHO CATCHIN THE NEW 'ROOTS' SERIES MAY 30TH?

Rum Middleton Rum Middleton Dedicated. Determined. Disciplined.Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Lawrence Fishburne
Forest Whitaker
T.I.
to star in the 4 part miniseries on A&E.

Roots2016PromotionalPoster.jpg[img][/img]

Comments

• atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    I'm good on this
  • THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesMembers Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup.
  • THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesMembers Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might 🤬 around and be the funniest 🤬 of the year.
  • Max.Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might 🤬 around and be the funniest 🤬 of the year.

•   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how it ends....

T.I. calls his homeboys up and pull out machine guns on masta.
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoMembers Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah tired of the slave 🤬 . Its time to display some of greatest rebellions and empires. 🤬 the slave 🤬 weve always been much more
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that Fishbourne is playing Alex Haley, he was like if I'm going to be in this movie, I'm not playing a 🤬 slave.
  • marc123marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched a few mins. They were showing them on the ships goin thru the middle passage. Had to change the channel. 🤬 is too depressing. I couldnt take it.
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    I don't think I've ever seen a show where literally EVERY character ain't 🤬 . At least have ONE person start off decent then make the descent to fuckery. Nah everybody that had had screen time on this 🤬 is a 🤬 scumbag and has been for most of their life lol.
  • suzyscrewsuzyscrew Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad black actors got work but I'm not interested in this or that civil war rebellion movie. Feels like white executives want to put out a slave movie every year.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still heart broken learning that Haley plagiarized roots anyway. 🤬 him and this story
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like they're rushing through and simplifying a lot of 🤬 in this show and also embellishing quite a bit to placate people that need to get little bursts of justice through all the misery and suffering.

To be honest after seeing the first episode i would have rather seen a new miniseries starting with Kunta's tribe back home warring with the tribe that sold him that takes place over the same timeline.
    this 🤬 is actually getting worse by the second.
    are they really about to throw in a lesbian subplot?
    yo when this nat turner movie comes out i'm gonna have to watch that 🤬 10 times to atone for watching this 🤬 ,
    ayo Kunta is like 40 years old now looking like he's 22. black don't 🤬 .
    Yeah I'm 🤬 .
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aint ever see Roots its too hot to watch a movie on slavery
    i saw the original when i was a little kid and even though i was too young to truly understand it instilled in me healthy distrust of white people, government and manual labor.

who knows what effect this 🤬 will have on young minds but they have the nerve to be showing Tarzan and ancestry.com commercials during this 🤬 so 🤬 this 🤬 .
    @mods... make me the threadstarter. I'm finna make this 🤬 go plat singlehandedly.
  • Rum Middleton Rum Middleton Dedicated. Determined. Disciplined. Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats that Roots hittin like? I aint catch it yet..its just on DVR right..
  • Lord EtherLord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I saw parts of the original series, but I was able to see all of the new serious. I actually liked it. They added more things to this one and it was more detailed. The next slave flick I want to see is the National Turner film.