What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Black Lives Matter And Kansas Police Have Joint BBQ

2»

Comments

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bgoat wrote: »
    This is an old white supremacy political tactic. Where I'm from, back n the day the Incumbent mayor(white mayor for about 30yrs) would have cookouts and fish frys in the black neighborhoods during re-election time. It worked too.

Maybe, not really the same here though since the police aren't politicians and the same tactics wouldn't necessarily benefit them in the same way.

Of course it's not the same exact thing, but the results will be the same. Get blacks to think we're buddies, we're the same only to continue to profile, harass, violate your rights, and murder you with impunity.

🤬 a cookout, them muthafuckas know what the problem is and that systematic white supremacy. How about fixing that first.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Lurk And Talk Shit Chiraq RefugeeMembers Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who made the potato salad?

Needs More Mayonnaise Less Mustard

latest?cb=20140912213621

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old white supremacy political tactic. Where I'm from, back n the day the Incumbent mayor(white mayor for about 30yrs) would have cookouts and fish frys in the black neighborhoods during re-election time. It worked too.

Maybe, not really the same here though since the police aren't politicians and the same tactics wouldn't necessarily benefit them in the same way.

Of course it's not the same exact thing, but the results will be the same. Get blacks to think we're buddies, we're the same only to continue to profile, harass, violate your rights, and murder you with impunity.

🤬 a cookout, them muthafuckas know what the problem is and that systematic white supremacy. How about fixing that first.

It's possible. Doesn't mean they shouldn't see how this turns out. At some point, a leap of faith will have to be taken, otherwise no one will ever do anything to fix the problems. The people in that area just need to remain vigilant.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »

You know people was looking that potato salad like.................."Why is it that color? WTF?"

Still remember going to a cook out with my aunt thrown together by her white friends and seeing potato salad with carrots in it..

A damn disgrace
  • bgoat

It's possible. Doesn't mean they shouldn't see how this turns out. At some point, a leap of faith will have to be taken, otherwise no one will ever do anything to fix the problems. The people in that area just need to remain vigilant.

The 1st leap of faith will have to be taken by the people that uses n benefit from systematic white supremacy. I don't see this tactic stopping none of the injustices that we suffer at the hands of the law. Basically I don't see this ending white supremacy.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    S2J wrote: »
    MazterChef wrote: »
    one pic?
    one black person in the pic represents blm?

This too. Considering the T/s and the pic i need proof this actually even happened

The one time we need @1CK1S to post a link...

If true, I'm not seeing the issue here. I mean do y'all want police to hear our concerns and start seeing us as human beings or nah?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall some 🤬 defending these antics. If your name ain't Podnuhs, BBQ ain't got 🤬 to do with doing your job right.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MazterChef wrote: »
    one pic?
    one black person in the pic represents blm?

This too. Considering the T/s and the pic i need proof this actually even happened

The one time we need @1CK1S to post a link...

If true, I'm not seeing the issue here. I mean do y'all want police to hear our concerns and start seeing us as human beings or nah?

🤬 is shell shocked...

if it doesn't involve killing police they don't wanna have nothing to do with it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The 1st leap of faith will have to be taken by the people that uses n benefit from systematic white supremacy. I don't see this tactic stopping none of the injustices that we suffer at the hands of the law. Basically I don't see this ending white supremacy.

WTF? Of course this won't end white supremacy. lol Who said it would. The police aren't the architects of white supremacy. They are just tools of it. Again, no one is saying this could work on a national level, but if the people involved are sincere it could work for a city.
  • bgoat

WTF? Of course this won't end white supremacy. lol Who said it would. The police aren't the architects of white supremacy. They are just tools of it. Again, no one is saying this could work on a national level, but if the people involved are sincere it could work for a city.

That's all I care about, ending Systematic White supremacy. If that's not the main goal, its a waste of 🤬 time.
  • The Lonious Monk

That's all I care about, ending Systematic White supremacy. If that's not the main goal, its a waste of 🤬 time.

lol You act like there is a white supremacy switch somewhere that you can just go flip off. There isn't. A lot of things have to happen for white supremacy to be wiped out, and it would be a lot easier to fight for those things when you're not worried about being killed by the cops for pulling out your wallet.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    The IC: the place where fostering positive relations between black people and police won't help end white supremacy.
  • bgoat

lol You act like there is a white supremacy switch somewhere that you can just go flip off. There isn't. A lot of things have to happen for white supremacy to be wiped out, and it would be a lot easier to fight for those things when you're not worried about being killed by the cops for pulling out your wallet.

Just because I say we should go after the root cause, which is systematic white supremacy. You think, that I think it's a switch to turn off white supremacy? Lord have mercy

My point is, I think these kumbaya bbq's are a waste of time.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

What if i told you if that's your main goal, then THAT is the "waste of 🤬 time"?

1311626178002.gif

Ya know, there's a saying if you're gonna eat an elephant--- Ahhh. Nvm..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    This 🤬 capitalized Systemic White Supremacy like its a building we can storm. :joy: Foh

🤬 hearts are in the right place but im tired of the stupidity masked as passion. 🤬 tired.
  • bgoat

What if i told you if that's your main goal, then THAT is the "waste of 🤬 time"?

1311626178002.gif

Ya know, there's a saying if you're gonna eat an elephant--- Ahhh. Nvm..

1311626178002.gif

Who you supposed to be? Why should I even care about what you have to say about the main goal?
  • Figo
    Figo 100% Trinidadian MarylandMembers Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »

You know people was looking that potato salad like.................."Why is it that color? WTF?"

Still remember going to a cook out with my aunt thrown together by her white friends and seeing potato salad with carrots in it..

A damn disgrace

how is it disgraceful for putting carrots in potato salad? i don't get it
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Hot bodies get Cold Shoulders Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kzzl wrote: »
    Yall some 🤬 defending these antics. If your name ain't Podnuhs, BBQ ain't got 🤬 to do with doing your job right.

@kzzl The BR/LA joint?
  • The Lonious Monk

Just because I say we should go after the root cause, which is systematic white supremacy. You think, that I think it's a switch to turn off white supremacy? Lord have mercy

No I say you think there is a switch because you obviously don't see that the war against white supremacy is one that will have to be fought on multiple fronts. A kumbaya bbq (as you call it) is in't a waste of time if it leads to better treatment for our people in one city and sets a precedent that can be followed in other cities. No it won't crush white supremacy, but if it leads to the salvation of any black lives or the better treatment of any black people, you should see it as worthwhile.
  • bgoat

No I say you think there is a switch because you obviously don't see that the war against white supremacy is one that will have to be fought on multiple fronts. A kumbaya bbq (as you call it) is in't a waste of time if it leads to better treatment for our people in one city and sets a precedent that can be followed in other cities. No it won't crush white supremacy, but if it leads to the salvation of any black lives or the better treatment of any black people, you should see it as worthwhile.
    Ok man.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know how fighting white surpmecy is a "waste of time " this has to be one of the dumbest 🤬 I ever heard.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Sion Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet the bad cops were at that bbq too. Did the good ones point them out?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    IceManKam wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »

@kzzl The BR/LA joint?

Yeah. I don't know if they still open, but it's the first place that come to mind.

But the point I'm trying to make is blacks are often too quick to swoon and adore racist just cause they hang out for a while. Don't pass me the sauce, prosecute your officers when they corrupt that badge their paid to serve. I don't need nice cops, I need lawful ones. You don't need me to like you, you need to do your job. 🤬 , if a plate of ribs could solve anything they probably wouldn't sell that 🤬 in the store.

But 🤬 just... can't stop being 🤬 . And I hate to word my 🤬 like that, but I can't think of any other group of people that falls for such nonsense.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go head and have a sit down BBQ w/ them cops if you want to. Get shot reaching for a fork/spoon and be laying there silly wondering what happened....