What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

To those who believe in the power of prayer, does 🤬 or the heavens keep a waiting list?

kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in The Social Lounge
Or are the prayers answered at random?

I'm conflicted on this question because although I'm not religious, I do pray once in a blue moon to the universe or the heavens, like I did for a friend of mine the other day whose 2 year old daughter is suffering from a bad case of asthma. She herself also has anxiety over that and some health issues herself (arthritis), so she asked me to pray for her and I did, while she was there......she herself is 24, so having arthritis on her right knee is freaking her out, as one would expect.

And I basically prayed that her issues would go away, but I thought to myself afterwards, she's been dealing with these problems for about a year now. Is 🤬 or the heavens putting her and our prayers on a waiting list? Or are the heavens simply ignoring her? She's Christian and bisexual, so she's sometimes said 🤬 doesn't like her, but if that's the case, 🤬 doesn't like a lot of people cuz many have it way worse then her.

But to those who believe in the power of prayer, do the heavens answer prayers at random? Or is it all just luck in the end
«13456789

Comments

  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those who don't believe in the power of prayer, you can state your reasons too
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a testament of faith, just wait on it brother
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think man can answer for 🤬
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers IC Retirement HomeMembers Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pray to reconnect with the essence or show thanks

    We're already here, can't ask for much more
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damnkp wrote: »
    I dont think man can answer for 🤬

    No but 🤬 has already given his answers to certain questions
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    I myself have felt that my prayers have been answered at times, whether it was luck or not, my wishes have come true many times.

    As far as building a relationship with 🤬 , that's the weird part, with which 🤬 ? It's why when I do pray, which is rare, I pray to the universe or the heavens. I can't think of any specific 🤬 I should be praying to because while I may sense a higher power, I can't put a face to it. I'm still not 100% convinced the higher powers that may be out there are truly gods, but I'm still open to gods or a 🤬 existing.

  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    It's a testament of faith, just wait on it brother

    That's perfectly cool, I don't mind waiting, as I'm not the one dealing with arthritis or a sick child who needs a machine to breathe at times. It's making her life tough because while she gets help with the child, her sister also has problems (mostly financial) and that's making her anxiety issues worse.

    But I feel bad that she has all these issues at once and it seems her prayers aren't getting much of a shot. But you're right in that she has no choice but to wait anyway.....
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damnkp wrote: »
    I dont think man can answer for 🤬

    I hear that, that's why I was conflicted making this thread, still am really. But some people swear by the power of prayer and I want to know what their theories are on it
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    I myself have felt that my prayers have been answered at times, whether it was luck or not, my wishes have come true many times.

    As far as building a relationship with 🤬 , that's the weird part, with which 🤬 ? It's why when I do pray, which is rare, I pray to the universe or the heavens. I can't think of any specific 🤬 I should be praying to because while I may sense a higher power, I can't put a face to it. I'm still not 100% convinced the higher powers that may be out there are truly gods, but I'm still open to gods or a 🤬 existing.

    Any body can have there prayers answered because what they want maybe what 🤬 is willing to allow.

    WHICH 🤬 ??? that you have to learn for yourself and find your faith yourself..... if you ask me the true 🤬 is the 🤬 of Abraham. higher powers??? 🤬 is the highest power, there may be lower powers like demons so maybe they can grant your wishes but that doesn't mean they are gods or that your prayer was answered by 🤬
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatMembers Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go by what the Bible says and this is what the Bible says about the prayers of those who don't believe in the true and living 🤬 because they refuse to believe His word:


    If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable. Proverbs 28:9



    "We know that 🤬 does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will."
    John 9:31


    Both the Old and the New testament confirms that 🤬 does not hear the prayers of those who do not believe in Him. Now you can try to finagle and theologize the scriptures all you want, but I go with what's in black and white. Amen.


    Now does 🤬 show grace and give mercy to the unrighteous? Of course He does. The sun shines on the just and the unjust. But don't believe for one second that your prayers are being answered by 🤬 . You aren't even calling on His name! You are going against the grain of everything outlined in the scriptures.

    You have to call upon the Father asking all things in Jesus name! That is how you pray! But first things first, you must acknowledge that He exists! For without faith it is impossible to please 🤬 ! It's only when you come to Him by faith will He then reward you as you diligently seek Him. Amen.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I send "positive vibes/thoughts", but I don't "pray".
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsMembers Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 only answers prayers asking for understanding.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah that's how I understood it tol
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 only answers prayers asking for understanding.

    which 🤬 are you talking about??? clearly not the 🤬 of Abraham
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    I myself have felt that my prayers have been answered at times, whether it was luck or not, my wishes have come true many times.

    As far as building a relationship with 🤬 , that's the weird part, with which 🤬 ? It's why when I do pray, which is rare, I pray to the universe or the heavens. I can't think of any specific 🤬 I should be praying to because while I may sense a higher power, I can't put a face to it. I'm still not 100% convinced the higher powers that may be out there are truly gods, but I'm still open to gods or a 🤬 existing.

    Any body can have there prayers answered because what they want maybe what 🤬 is willing to allow.

    WHICH 🤬 ??? that you have to learn for yourself and find your faith yourself..... if you ask me the true 🤬 is the 🤬 of Abraham. higher powers??? 🤬 is the highest power, there may be lower powers like demons so maybe they can grant your wishes but that doesn't mean they are gods or that your prayer was answered by 🤬

    Interesting, so you believe other higher powers out there aside from your 🤬 can possibly answer prayers.

    Maybe your 🤬 is the "highest" power (doubtful of course), but if other forces out there can answer prayers, I'm sure many would welcome that. My friend's daughter is feeling worse from the asthma today and is now in the hospital smh, I'm sure she would welcome help from any source now.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I go by what the Bible says and this is what the Bible says about the prayers of those who don't believe in the true and living 🤬 because they refuse to believe His word:


    If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable. Proverbs 28:9



    "We know that 🤬 does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will."
    John 9:31


    Both the Old and the New testament confirms that 🤬 does not hear the prayers of those who do not believe in Him. Now you can try to finagle and theologize the scriptures all you want, but I go with what's in black and white. Amen.


    Now does 🤬 show grace and give mercy to the unrighteous? Of course He does. The sun shines on the just and the unjust. But don't believe for one second that your prayers are being answered by 🤬 . You aren't even calling on His name! You are going against the grain of everything outlined in the scriptures.

    You have to call upon the Father asking all things in Jesus name! That is how you pray! But first things first, you must acknowledge that He exists! For without faith it is impossible to please 🤬 ! It's only when you come to Him by faith will He then reward you as you diligently seek Him. Amen.

    Why would I call Jesus' name as I pray, my friend has gone to church and prayed for her daughter for a long time now, and meanwhile, her daughter is now in even worse condition as of today.

    So if her praying to Jesus isn't bringing much luck, then praying to the universe in general can't be any worse. Calling on "the father" has ironically gotten her daughter in worse and worse condition lol, as a non-religious person, the irony has been breathtaking to me.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    🤬 only answers prayers asking for understanding.

    When you say 🤬 answers prayers for understanding, do you mean for an understanding of our life in general, or an understanding of the situation we may be praying on?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    I myself have felt that my prayers have been answered at times, whether it was luck or not, my wishes have come true many times.

    As far as building a relationship with 🤬 , that's the weird part, with which 🤬 ? It's why when I do pray, which is rare, I pray to the universe or the heavens. I can't think of any specific 🤬 I should be praying to because while I may sense a higher power, I can't put a face to it. I'm still not 100% convinced the higher powers that may be out there are truly gods, but I'm still open to gods or a 🤬 existing.

    Any body can have there prayers answered because what they want maybe what 🤬 is willing to allow.

    WHICH 🤬 ??? that you have to learn for yourself and find your faith yourself..... if you ask me the true 🤬 is the 🤬 of Abraham. higher powers??? 🤬 is the highest power, there may be lower powers like demons so maybe they can grant your wishes but that doesn't mean they are gods or that your prayer was answered by 🤬

    Interesting, so you believe other higher powers out there aside from your 🤬 can possibly answer prayers.

    Maybe your 🤬 is the "highest" power (doubtful of course), but if other forces out there can answer prayers, I'm sure many would welcome that. My friend's daughter is feeling worse from the asthma today and is now in the hospital smh, I'm sure she would welcome help from any source now.

    No. there cannot be a hierarchy of gods, there can only be one true 🤬 because a 🤬 has to be supremely powerful in his capacity. In other words a 🤬 has to be sovereign and all powerful if there are multiple gods then that means neither are sovereign and all powerful.

    I believe in other spiritual forces but they are GODS.... THEY DO have power but they are not all powerful so maybe a demon may answer a prayer but keep in mind it's a demon so ultimately nothing positive is going to come out from it's intervention in your life.... so yeah a demon might give you want you want FOR NOW BUT can you then deal with the aftermath of demonic forces being in your life. These things don't just go away because you ask them
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    I myself have felt that my prayers have been answered at times, whether it was luck or not, my wishes have come true many times.

    As far as building a relationship with 🤬 , that's the weird part, with which 🤬 ? It's why when I do pray, which is rare, I pray to the universe or the heavens. I can't think of any specific 🤬 I should be praying to because while I may sense a higher power, I can't put a face to it. I'm still not 100% convinced the higher powers that may be out there are truly gods, but I'm still open to gods or a 🤬 existing.

    Any body can have there prayers answered because what they want maybe what 🤬 is willing to allow.

    WHICH 🤬 ??? that you have to learn for yourself and find your faith yourself..... if you ask me the true 🤬 is the 🤬 of Abraham. higher powers??? 🤬 is the highest power, there may be lower powers like demons so maybe they can grant your wishes but that doesn't mean they are gods or that your prayer was answered by 🤬

    Interesting, so you believe other higher powers out there aside from your 🤬 can possibly answer prayers.

    Maybe your 🤬 is the "highest" power (doubtful of course), but if other forces out there can answer prayers, I'm sure many would welcome that. My friend's daughter is feeling worse from the asthma today and is now in the hospital smh, I'm sure she would welcome help from any source now.

    No. there cannot be a hierarchy of gods, there can only be one true 🤬 because a 🤬 has to be supremely powerful in his capacity. In other words a 🤬 has to be sovereign and all powerful if there are multiple gods then that means neither are sovereign and all powerful.

    I believe in other spiritual forces but they are GODS.... THEY DO have power but they are not all powerful so maybe a demon may answer a prayer but keep in mind it's a demon so ultimately nothing positive is going to come out from it's intervention in your life.... so yeah a demon might give you want you want FOR NOW BUT can you then deal with the aftermath of demonic forces being in your life. These things don't just go away because you ask them

    As far as I know, she hasn't prayed to any demons and I know I haven't, but I'll be honest and say I prayed to anyone who would listen lol......

    I didn't pray to any single 🤬 , she herself prayed to Jesus and does the whole church thing, but her luck hasn't been good lately. If she did pray to a demon though, what's the worst that could happen? If her child ended up healthy and happy, then maybe it would be worth it.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    I myself have felt that my prayers have been answered at times, whether it was luck or not, my wishes have come true many times.

    As far as building a relationship with 🤬 , that's the weird part, with which 🤬 ? It's why when I do pray, which is rare, I pray to the universe or the heavens. I can't think of any specific 🤬 I should be praying to because while I may sense a higher power, I can't put a face to it. I'm still not 100% convinced the higher powers that may be out there are truly gods, but I'm still open to gods or a 🤬 existing.

    Any body can have there prayers answered because what they want maybe what 🤬 is willing to allow.

    WHICH 🤬 ??? that you have to learn for yourself and find your faith yourself..... if you ask me the true 🤬 is the 🤬 of Abraham. higher powers??? 🤬 is the highest power, there may be lower powers like demons so maybe they can grant your wishes but that doesn't mean they are gods or that your prayer was answered by 🤬

    Interesting, so you believe other higher powers out there aside from your 🤬 can possibly answer prayers.

    Maybe your 🤬 is the "highest" power (doubtful of course), but if other forces out there can answer prayers, I'm sure many would welcome that. My friend's daughter is feeling worse from the asthma today and is now in the hospital smh, I'm sure she would welcome help from any source now.

    No. there cannot be a hierarchy of gods, there can only be one true 🤬 because a 🤬 has to be supremely powerful in his capacity. In other words a 🤬 has to be sovereign and all powerful if there are multiple gods then that means neither are sovereign and all powerful.

    I believe in other spiritual forces but they are GODS.... THEY DO have power but they are not all powerful so maybe a demon may answer a prayer but keep in mind it's a demon so ultimately nothing positive is going to come out from it's intervention in your life.... so yeah a demon might give you want you want FOR NOW BUT can you then deal with the aftermath of demonic forces being in your life. These things don't just go away because you ask them

    As far as I know, she hasn't prayed to any demons and I know I haven't, but I'll be honest and say I prayed to anyone who would listen lol......

    I didn't pray to any single 🤬 , she herself prayed to Jesus and does the whole church thing, but her luck hasn't been good lately. If she did pray to a demon though, what's the worst that could happen? If her child ended up healthy and happy, then maybe it would be worth it.

    The child may not get better the child may die, perhaps 🤬 wants the mother to learn from that experience... I don't know. As for you I suggest that you don't ever just pray to anything that will answer you... what's the worst than can happen to you for praying to demons??? possession or torment for you and the people you love until you either die or wish you would die.
  • WYRM
    WYRM The Dude Abides...Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    Wow, I never thought I'd agree with you but you nailed it without attaching dogma.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black people has been praying since slavery and what do we have to show for it?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsMembers Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 only answers prayers asking for understanding.

    When you say 🤬 answers prayers for understanding, do you mean for an understanding of our life in general, or an understanding of the situation we may be praying on?

    Any understanding. However the answer may not come instantaneously and you have to be open to where it might come from.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    good prayer serves as a way to align yourself with the will of 🤬 not to try and get what your will desires.

    you cannot just pray like your are begging a genie for favors and expect to always get what you want.

    the reason I believe in the power of prayer is because it works I have seen it work and experienced it working for me

    If you really want to hear from 🤬 you have to have a relationship with him

    I myself have felt that my prayers have been answered at times, whether it was luck or not, my wishes have come true many times.

    As far as building a relationship with 🤬 , that's the weird part, with which 🤬 ? It's why when I do pray, which is rare, I pray to the universe or the heavens. I can't think of any specific 🤬 I should be praying to because while I may sense a higher power, I can't put a face to it. I'm still not 100% convinced the higher powers that may be out there are truly gods, but I'm still open to gods or a 🤬 existing.

    Any body can have there prayers answered because what they want maybe what 🤬 is willing to allow.

    WHICH 🤬 ??? that you have to learn for yourself and find your faith yourself..... if you ask me the true 🤬 is the 🤬 of Abraham. higher powers??? 🤬 is the highest power, there may be lower powers like demons so maybe they can grant your wishes but that doesn't mean they are gods or that your prayer was answered by 🤬

    Interesting, so you believe other higher powers out there aside from your 🤬 can possibly answer prayers.

    Maybe your 🤬 is the "highest" power (doubtful of course), but if other forces out there can answer prayers, I'm sure many would welcome that. My friend's daughter is feeling worse from the asthma today and is now in the hospital smh, I'm sure she would welcome help from any source now.

    No. there cannot be a hierarchy of gods, there can only be one true 🤬 because a 🤬 has to be supremely powerful in his capacity. In other words a 🤬 has to be sovereign and all powerful if there are multiple gods then that means neither are sovereign and all powerful.

    I believe in other spiritual forces but they are GODS.... THEY DO have power but they are not all powerful so maybe a demon may answer a prayer but keep in mind it's a demon so ultimately nothing positive is going to come out from it's intervention in your life.... so yeah a demon might give you want you want FOR NOW BUT can you then deal with the aftermath of demonic forces being in your life. These things don't just go away because you ask them

    As far as I know, she hasn't prayed to any demons and I know I haven't, but I'll be honest and say I prayed to anyone who would listen lol......

    I didn't pray to any single 🤬 , she herself prayed to Jesus and does the whole church thing, but her luck hasn't been good lately. If she did pray to a demon though, what's the worst that could happen? If her child ended up healthy and happy, then maybe it would be worth it.

    The child may not get better the child may die, perhaps 🤬 wants the mother to learn from that experience... I don't know. As for you I suggest that you don't ever just pray to anything that will answer you... what's the worst than can happen to you for praying to demons??? possession or torment for you and the people you love until you either die or wish you would die.

    What can a parent really learn from the loss of a child though, some people never get over the death of a child. Not sure what there is to learn from that, she's losing her faith actually dealing with all this 🤬 .

    As far as praying to anyone who will listen, help from any source can't be that bad, have you known people who have been "possessed" by demons? I've heard of that kind of thing but never took it seriously, seems like something that only happens in the movies. I rarely pray but each time I have prayed since turning non-religious, I've never been possessed by anything and my family for the most part is doing fine. Some people are Christian, religious and face torment all the time. Seems you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.